Hearts Fans Stay Steadfast - Do Not Renew

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest JamboRobbo
We nearly lost the Cup to Gretna because VR hated Brellier and Webster so much that he forced them to be left out in favour of Tall and Aguiar - our 2 worst players in the Cup final.

We were fortunate we brought Brellier on just in time to get us a foothold in the game.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no

a s/t is more about convenience,I have had one for about 40 odd years,but my individual choice not to renew if the january 1 statement was yet another lie.

If other supporters choose to renew then that is their choice and goodluck to them.

I predict the spin about how well Frail has done will start soon,they will also use the shortfall in st revenue as a reason for no signings of note,despite the fact that none would have ben sanctioned anyway.

It started on here a long time ago.

And Rodney continued it at the AGM.

Robertson9

Still don't know why there's all the worry and concern about renewing the season tickets, i can accept everyone has their opinion and right to chose but surely some "non believers" ;) are getting a tad too OTT with their stance?

I said this before in a previous thread and will say it again....

Season after we won the cup and the following after the SPL was formed...

1998/99, 6th 42 points.

1999/00, 3rd 54 points.

2000/01, 5th 52 points.

2001/02, 5th 48 points.

2004/05, 5th 50 points.

these 5 seasons are what really happened and they still didn't deter me from renewing also don't forget we had Christ Robinson in charge and the way he ran the club had a lot to be desired and questioned.

So far Hearts sit officially in 7th with 48 points, 1 point ahead of 6th placed Aberdeen :confused: and 3 points behind the Wonderful Passing Hibernian, officially we cant overtake them but if Hearts manage to pick up at least 6 points out of 9 (falkirk away:eek:) or surprise us all by getting the 9 points then it's a classic case of papering over the cracks for another season, something we should all be used to, compare that that with the 5 seasons mentioned above then surely it is some kind of an achievment?

no

a s/t is more about convenience,I have had one for about 40 odd years,but my individual choice not to renew if the january 1 statement was yet another lie.

If other supporters choose to renew then that is their choice and goodluck to them.

I predict the spin about how well Frail has done will start soon,they will also use the shortfall in st revenue as a reason for no signings of note,despite the fact that none would have ben sanctioned anyway.

Maybe for you CK but I can assure you that some people think they are above others that don't have STs,that is a fact mefriad and add to that quite like boasting about the fact they have got one,fact.

Robertson9
Still don't know why there's all the worry and concern about renewing the season tickets, i can accept everyone has their opinion and right to chose but surely some "non believers" ;) are getting a tad too OTT with their stance?

I said this before in a previous thread and will say it again....

Season after we won the cup and the following after the SPL was formed...

1998/99, 6th 42 points.

1999/00, 3rd 54 points.

2000/01, 5th 52 points.

2001/02, 5th 48 points.

2004/05, 5th 50 points.

these 5 seasons are what really happened and they still didn't deter me from renewing also don't forget we had Christ Robinson in charge and the way he ran the club had a lot to be desired and questioned.

So far Hearts sit officially in 7th with 48 points, 1 point ahead of 6th placed Aberdeen :confused: and 3 points behind the Wonderful Passing Hibernian, officially we cant overtake them but if Hearts manage to pick up at least 6 points out of 9 (falkirk away:eek:) or surprise us all by getting the 9 points then it's a classic case of papering over the cracks for another season, something we should all be used to, compare that that with the 5 seasons mentioned above then surely it is some kind of an achievment?

If it's not already obvious i'll be renewing mine on Saturday.

As it stands renewing at present is more than showing your support to Hearts

It is a vote of confidence to Romanov that he is doing fine and nothing needs changed.

I'm sorry if people deny it or want to ignore it but that fact is true.

People who renew can moan until they are blue in the face that they dont like the way Romanov is doing things and it is not a vote of confidence

But if they are doing nothing about it then it is.

It is very simple

If you dont really care about the way things are going or are happy about it - renew

If you want things to change - dont renew

I can assure you, I was not full of praise for Vlad when we won the Scottish cup. I was full of praise for the players for just about managing to hold it together in spite of being hindered by the interfering owner.

It saddens me to see Hearts fans like yourself willing to accept the scraps and be happy to have that, when we could have so much more.

So when we win something it's the players: when we do badly it's Vlad. I would prefer not to accept scraps but inevitably that happens with or without VR. I hurt and bleed like the rest but I go to support HMFC not Romanov, not the manager etc.

I don't continually and boringly moan my t*ts off with shallow drivel about about wanting a manager. I would like to watch a successful team and could not care less if one man or a committee of a hundred delivers that. I will forecast one thing though. If VR gives you a manager and we do well you will say "I told you so" but if that person is a failure you will blame VR's interference. That's how little children behave.

Given the perception of financial distress at Hearts and possibly UBIG I doubt that whether supporters renew or not will have a significant financial effect.

And with regards to a political effect - if you don't renew I presume that you will become a traitor who prefers the hoops to a maroon replica shirt?

So when we win something it's the players: when we do badly it's Vlad. I would prefer not to accept scraps but inevitably that happens with or without VR. I hurt and bleed like the rest but I go to support HMFC not Romanov, not the manager etc.

I don't continually and boringly moan my t*ts off with shallow drivel about about wanting a manager. I would like to watch a successful team and could not care less if one man or a committee of a hundred delivers that. I will forecast one thing though. If VR gives you a manager and we do well you will say "I told you so" but if that person is a failure you will blame VR's interference. That's how little children behave.

Do you think it is more or less likely that a continuation of the last 2 1/2 years worth of football management would have more success than a real football manager at Hearts? Do you think that the past performance of the football management system at Hearts has no relevance for the future performance of the team?

If it's not already obvious i'll be renewing mine on Saturday.

You just don't get it, do you.

It's not all about where we were,it's where we are right now,bottom 6,no manager,a squad of on the whole useless players,crippling debt,an owner who doesn't care less,an owner who lies at every turn,an owner who treats every one with contempt,an owner who couldn't care less about the supporters/players/ex-players/managers/legends/media/SFA/SPL/agents and anyone else who has any kind of grief with him,a CEO or what ever his handle is who hasn't got the slightest clue what is going on at all,no scouting system,at team that looks like it's going to be drasticaly reduced in size and wages(if they couldn't get it right with players on that kind off wage,how the hell will they cope with players on less wages) and now supporters at war with each other,so what's the good bits then?

ArmiyaRomanova
I will forecast one thing though. If VR gives you a manager and we do well you will say "I told you so" but if that person is a failure you will blame VR's interference. That's how little children behave.

If there's a new manager it won't get as far as success or failure for some folk - whoever's appointed will be the 'wrong' manager and another 'puppet' right from the off. For some fans it's obviously 'my way or the highway'. Rather, as you say, like a very small child.

Guest JamboRobbo
So when we win something it's the players:

when we do badly it's Vlad.

Nope. When the players do well they get praise. when they do badly they get criticism.

When Vlad does well he gets praise, when he does badly he gets criticism.

It's not my fault he's done so much so badly.

I would prefer not to accept scraps but inevitably that happens with or without VR. I hurt and bleed like the rest but I go to support HMFC not Romanov, not the manager etc.

I don't continually and boringly moan my t*ts off with shallow drivel about about wanting a manager.

Shallow drivel? It's fundamental to running a football club. Simple as that.

Many of us knew what would happen without a manager. Those who didn't know already (like yourself apparantly), have now witnessed the results of having no manager.

I would like to watch a successful team and could not care less if one man or a committee of a hundred delivers that.

I couldn't care less either. But I know roughly what is required to acheive it, and I know that a banker picking the team fae the other side of the world is almost the complete opposite of what is required.

I will forecast one thing though. If VR gives you a manager and we do well you will say "I told you so" but if that person is a failure you will blame VR's interference. That's how little children behave.

If VR interferes, he'll get blamed for interference. If he keeps his mits off, he won't. If that makes me a little child in your eyes, so be it.

I always know the other poster has lost the debate when he starts stooping to petty insults like that.

Cliffundo
If there's a new manager it won't get as far as success or failure for some folk - whoever's appointed will be the 'wrong' manager and another 'puppet' right from the off. For some fans it's obviously 'my way or the highway'. Rather, as you say, like a very small child.

Did you say something?

Mr Quagmire
There has been a thread on here over the last few days about those renewing season tickets.

This is a thread for those dedicated life-long Hearts supporters who are still withholding handing over cash to Vladimir Romanov.

Whether you are totally disgusted with the shameful and disrespectful way the Club and our supporters have been treated by this man and feel you cannot pay out hard earned money any longer for a lie, whether you are awaiting a REAL response to the infamous January 1st statement before deciding or whether you want to wait and see whether a REAL manager is allowed to settle into the job without interference from Vladimir Romanov...

DO NOT WAVER. STAND FIRM.

Have the courage of your convictions to believe that YOU can make a difference by signalling to Romanov that you are no longer prepared to tolerate his behaviour.

Don't be put off by stories of "steady" streams of people renewing at the ticket office. WE ARE HAVING AN EFFECT.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

STAY STEADFAST. The future of Heart of Midlothian may depend on it.

And what if you have to buy 2 or more season tickets and the reduced rate offer helps to afford the tickets ???

Its just not as clear cut as you might imagine.

Wouldnt we all

Unfortunately when the team or players are doing well vlad butts in and ruins it

People have quoted brellier on this thread great example

Oh yeh what about Mr Velicka

Next year more of the same frustration over team selection selling our best players etc etc

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd like the board to do what the board told us was required in their Jan 1st statement.

I don't think that is much to ask for, even as a very small child. :rolleyes:

Colonel Kurtz
And what if you have to buy 2 or more season tickets and the reduced rate offer helps to afford the tickets ???

Its just not as clear cut as you might imagine.

There is no need to justify your actions to anyone,good luck to you mate

We are all supporters and as such make our own choices.

It is a matter of individual choice and the cost is a definite factor

ArmiyaRomanova
I'd like the board to do what the board told us was required in their Jan 1st statement.

I don't think that is much to ask for, even as a very small child. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see that too, but that wasn't the point I was making.

Robertson9
You just don't get it, do you.

It's not all about where we were,it's where we are right now,bottom 6,no manager,a squad of on the whole useless players,crippling debt,an owner who doesn't care less,an owner who lies at every turn,an owner who treats every one with contempt,an owner who couldn't care less about the supporters/players/ex-players/managers/legends/media/SFA/SPL/agents and anyone else who has any kind of grief with him,a CEO or what ever his handle is who hasn't got the slightest clue what is going on at all,no scouting system,at team that looks like it's going to be drasticaly reduced in size and wages(if they couldn't get it right with players on that kind off wage,how the hell will they cope with players on less wages) and now supporters at war with each other,so what's the good bits then?

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC, that's the good bit, being at Tynecastle and supporting HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC regardless of what state we're in, been there twice before and compared to those i think we are better off being in the state your describing for now as opposed to back then.

Supporters at war? yet to see it, supporters split down the middle disagreeing on opinions but not at war.

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC, that's the good bit, being at Tynecastle and supporting HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC regardless of what state we're in, been there twice before and compared to those i think we are better off being in the state your describing for now as opposed to back then.

Supporters at war? yet to see it, supporters split down the middle disagreeing on opinions but not at war.

That team went out the window as soon as Romanov took over complete conrole.

It's not the HMFC I once knew,far from it.

Great big crowds,no atmosphere.

Really bad players(some of the worst ever witnessed).

Booing at almost every game.

Sacking managers and players.

Having some wonderfull players and then leaving them in the stand.

Media circus.

Bawless CEO.

Lies being told all the time.

Okay maybe not at war but as you say a split support.

All these things are things I don't recognise at Tynecastle,the whole club has changed so dramaticly for the worse in the past 2-3 years, I don't see it as my club anymore and that is a sad thing to happen.

Do you think it is more or less likely that a continuation of the last 2 1/2 years worth of football management would have more success than a real football manager at Hearts? Do you think that the past performance of the football management system at Hearts has no relevance for the future performance of the team?

Either way it depends on the person/people involved. With hindsight we have not had the right people, a fact obvious from the lack of success. If they had had success you would not be asking the question.

Re your 2nd question, of course it does and that was addressed on 1st Jan. Again if Frail had got us to the cup final you would not be asking that question either.

jambovambo
Great idea....lets starve the club of much needed revenue and put them out of business:confused:

After all,every penny goes to Romanovs personal bank account...not the club:rolleyes:

Woohoo...Murrayfield here we come,if there is still an HMFC!

Is this thread for real!

Just in, after a day or two.

Jumping straight from post#15, so it may have been covered, but ...

I said similar this time last year, and did not renew for this season past. I got told it was stupid not to renew and to buy week by week because I would give him more money in the long run.

You can't have it both ways.

FJ is not, I suspect, saying "don't go". He is saying "don't give him the money up front and buy week to week or pick and choose your games".

This is what I said this time last year.

This time it's (more) serious).

And I will do the same this season.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'd like to see that too, but that wasn't the point I was making.

So what point were you making then?

I've renewed. Not renewing never even crossed my mind.

I am getting bored of people telling me that i'm not doing whats in the interests of the club by actually going to games though. **** sake just b'cos YOU are in the huff doesn't mean everyone else should stop going.

I'm sure things will get much beter if you get your ay and nobody goes, the club is even worse off than it was and the team has zero vocal backing.

Sounds wonderfull.

and by the way people who think the season just passed is the worst ever ( a popular belief going by the reading of JKB) has very short memory, and I'll bet there wasn't as much moaning going on when things were worse either.

Guest JamboRobbo
Great idea....lets starve the club of much needed revenue and put them out of business:confused:

After all,every penny goes to Romanovs personal bank account...not the club:rolleyes:

Woohoo...Murrayfield here we come,if there is still an HMFC!

Says the man who boycotted under Pieman, thereby starving the club of much needed revenue and almost putting them out of business. Not that you're being hypocritical at all...... :rolleyes:

Nope. When the players do well they get praise. when they do badly they get criticism.

When Vlad does well he gets praise, when he does badly he gets criticism.

It's not my fault he's done so much so badly.

Shallow drivel? It's fundamental to running a football club. Simple as that.

Many of us knew what would happen without a manager. Those who didn't know already (like yourself apparantly), have now witnessed the results of having no manager.

I couldn't care less either. But I know roughly what is required to acheive it, and I know that a banker picking the team fae the other side of the world is almost the complete opposite of what is required.

If VR interferes, he'll get blamed for interference. If he keeps his mits off, he won't. If that makes me a little child in your eyes, so be it.

I always know the other poster has lost the debate when he starts stooping to petty insults like that.

Aye you're a great one for trying to psyche people into submission but it won't wash here.

I'm sure you know roughly what is required: your a back seat driver: a barrack room lawyer; someone with a closed mind. As it happens I too believe a single person in control would be better than some of the alternatives we have had but I also believe that with the right people in place any system can work.

Guest JamboRobbo
[/b]

Aye you're a great one for trying to psyche people into submission but it won't wash here.

I'm sure you know roughly what is required: your a back seat driver: a barrack room lawyer; someone with a closed mind. As it happens I too believe a single person in control would be better than some of the alternatives we have had but I also believe that with the right people in place any system can work.

Like I said, I always know the other poster has lost the debate when he stops making points, and stoops to personal digs and insults.

Like I said, I always know the other poster has lost the debate when he stops making points, and stoops to personal digs and insults.

Yes you do it often enough serruptitiously.

jambovambo

In my view, this renew-or-don't renew debate is all about long-term v short-term.

There's that saying "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got".

I think the short-term view is "I'll renew - never gave it a second thought - else it's the shops with the wife - I'm a Hearts fan - haven't missed a game for years - want to sit with my mates ... harming the club financially if I don't ... etc".

I think the long-term view is "I might have to make hurtful sacrifices for the greater good of my club ... this guy VR needs a hard message to buck his ideas up ... if I have to pay more and be inconvenienced, so be it ... I want my club back because it's not the club I know ..." etc

Both views may be valid, but only one is going to bring change.

There.

ArmiyaRomanova
So what point were you making then?

I thought it was obvious, but perhaps not....

If what's read on Kickback is to be believed - and there's plenty of ridiculous hyperbole flying around - there are a number of fans (I baulk at using the word 'supporter' in this context) who will seemingly never be happy with anything that happens at the club, and who obviously relish the opportunity to indulge their negativity by overly criticizing and condemning each and every announcement or even lack of announcement.

This is surely not healthy by any standards you care to employ.

Guest JamboRobbo
That if what's read on Kickback is to be believed - and there's plenty of ridiculous hyperbole flying around - there are a number of fans (I baulk at using the word 'supporter' in this context) who will seemingly never be happy with anything that happens at the club, and who obviously relish the opportunity to indulge their negativity by overly criticizing and condemning each and every announcement or even lack of announcement.

Whereas I see it as people who see what is clearly wrong at our club, and are not willing to bury their head in the sand and hope it goes away by itself.

I wish there was something positive for people to comment on re the running of our football club. Unfortunately, there isn't.

ArmiyaRomanova
Whereas I see it as people who see what is clearly wrong at our club, and are not willing to bury their head in the sand and hope it goes away by itself.

I wish there was something positive for people to comment on re the running of our football club. Unfortunately, there isn't.

Time for you to reappraise your stance then, perhaps?

Guest JamboRobbo
Time for you to reappraise your stance then, perhaps?

So you disagree with my stance that we'll never fulfill our potential unless we appoint a manager and let him manage?

IMO, it's long past time for something to happen which justifies reappraisal of my stance.

I can't believe something that is clearly failing (as it was always obvious it would) has been allowed to continue unabated for more than two years....

PresidentRomanov
Yes you do it often enough serruptitiously.

He does not - he is ra peepul :rolleyes:

Either way it depends on the person/people involved. With hindsight we have not had the right people, a fact obvious from the lack of success. If they had had success you would not be asking the question.

Re your 2nd question, of course it does and that was addressed on 1st Jan. Again if Frail had got us to the cup final you would not be asking that question either.

I think that the Romanovs plan (insofar as they ever plan anything) to continue with a similar system as in the last couple of years. I think it will have a similar amount of success.

With regard to your 2nd point, the clearest example was the first puppet - Valdas. Apparently after the Cup Final 98% of Hearts fans wanted him to get the manager's job. I was in the 2%. Similar with Frail. Had he got us to the Cup Final I would also have suggested that he is not the right manager for the club.

The point about the right manager and managerial system goes beyond a committee picking the side/a puppet 'picking' the side or a real manager. It is about the first team's results primarily, but it is also about the development of players, the development of team spirit, improvements in the youth system, coaching, the right coaching staff, discipline at the club and input into the financial situation. On all of those Hearts have failed miserably under the Committee system in the last 2 1/2 years. And that is why I want a change.

jamborich
I think that the Romanovs plan (insofar as they ever plan anything) to continue with a similar system as in the last couple of years. I think it will have a similar amount of success.

With regard to your 2nd point, the clearest example was the first puppet - Valdas. Apparently after the Cup Final 98% of Hearts fans wanted him to get the manager's job. I was in the 2%. Similar with Frail. Had he got us to the Cup Final I would also have suggested that he is not the right manager for the club.

The point about the right manager and managerial system goes beyond a committee picking the side/a puppet 'picking' the side or a real manager. It is about the first team's results primarily, but it is also about the development of players, the development of team spirit, improvements in the youth system, coaching, the right coaching staff, discipline at the club and input into the financial situation. On all of those Hearts have failed miserably under the Committee system in the last 2 1/2 years. And that is why I want a change.

I hear what you are saying but where is your solution, what exactly is it you want to solve the problems you mention.

Guest JamboRobbo
[/b]

I hear what you are saying but where is your solution, what exactly is it you want to solve the problems you mention.

are you kidding? You really don't see the solution?

Vlad to butt out, and appoint a manger, and let him manage. exactly like they finally ackowledged was required, and promised they would do - 4 MONTHS AGO!!!!

It's hardly a complicated solution is it

Vlad to butt out, and appoint a manger, and let him manage. exactly like they finally ackowledged was required, and promised they would do - 4 MONTHS AGO!!!!

but what happens if you and the others dont like there choice of manager..jr

Guest JamboRobbo
but what happens if you and the others dont like there choice of manager..jr

well for my part, I'm easily pleased. So long as we appoint a manager who satisfies the jan 1st statement, and allow him to do his job as they said they would in the jan 1st statement, thats fine by me.

But if they appoint ANOTHER vlad puppet, that ain't fine by me. And if Vlad keeps interfering, that ain't fine by me.

I don't think thats being unreasonable.

ArmiyaRomanova

Kinda proves my point there... your thinking there's NOTHING positive happening at the club does seem to suggest an entirely negative approach. A mindset even. Oh dear.

So you disagree with my stance that we'll never fulfill our potential unless we appoint a manager and let him manage?

I'd like to see that happen, though I don't think it's an absolute necessity. And it certainly doesn't have an effect on the way I'll choose to support the club. It is not my plaything, and my support isn't conditional on it doing exactly as I might prefer. These are interesting times, no doubt.

To reiterate, my point was that even if/when a manager is appointed, there are folk who'll swiftly find something else to complain about. It's a non-issue dependent mindset.

jamborich

Read his post again then tell me the difference between a real manager and the right manager

[/b]

I would like a real manager who would cure the problems created by the managerial system of the last couple of years.

In the SPL, given our resources I think that the likes of Jefferies, Levein, Hughes or McGhee could do that job. I would hope that there are managers in English football or perhaps in the Scottish Division 1 who could do that job.

Guest JamboRobbo
Kinda proves my point there... your thinking there's NOTHING positive happening at the club does seem to suggest an entirely negative approach. A mindset even. Oh dear.

:rolleyes: There is nothing positive that outweights the negatives of us not appointing a manager for our first team.

Yes, investing in youth is good. Yes, promising to build a shiny new stand is a nice thought if it happens.

But, it's all pointless, if we are missing the fundamental that football clubs are there to do - the first team, winning football matches on a saturday.

I'd like to see that happen, though I don't think it's an absolute necessity.

Fair enough, although I struggle to comprehend how any football fan could actually believe that.

And it certainly doesn't have an effect on the way I'll choose to support the club. It is not my plaything, and my support isn't conditional on it doing exactly as I might prefer. These are interesting times, no doubt.

To reiterate, my point was that even if/when a manager is appointed, there are folk who'll swiftly find something else to complain about. It's a non-issue dependent mindset.

I don't see what difference any of that makes. We need a manager. Until we get one we won't fulfill our potential. The rest, is a sideshow IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo
Read his post again then tell me the difference between a real manager and the right manager

I can tell you a similarity if you like.

Vlad ain't a real manager, or the right manager. ;)

ArmiyaRomanova

Fair enough, although I struggle to comprehend how any football fan could actually believe that.

It really shouldn't be such a struggle.

Is your stance then predicated on the notion that a manager with full responsibility for team selection should inevitably lead to consistent success on the pitch?

Even in the SPL it's not entirely impossible :rolleyes: to spot instances of teams employing such managers who are entirely inconsistent in their results.

boabyarsebiscuit
I would like a real manager who would cure the problems created by the managerial system of the last couple of years.

In the SPL, given our resources I think that the likes of Jefferies, Levein, Hughes or McGhee could do that job. I would hope that there are managers in English football or perhaps in the Scottish Division 1 who could do that job.

Even Billy Reid or Gus Macpherson. Anybody I suppose, would be better than a Mad Vlad McMad puppet.

jamborich
I can tell you a similarity if you like.

Vlad ain't a real manager, or the right manager. ;)

Wow..........never seen that coming.

jambovambo

I go back to :

"if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"

Oh and mods, any chance of that "thread degeneration into slanging match" smiley?

Archived