Hearts Fans Stay Steadfast - Do Not Renew

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

While it's not the ideal scenario, I've decided that watching Heart of Midlothian at Tynecastle with a degree of Vlad involvement is infinitely more palatable than watching Heart of Midlothian at Murrayfield, or worse, no Heart of Midlothian at all.

Depriving the club of working capital when they have debts to the tune of ?36m seems utter madness to me.

I'm renewing in the morning.

Understatement of the Season!! :confused:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like a rolling stone, dear oh dear just remembered to renew when I saw your thread -cheers.

i take it you found it easy to forget about renewing your season ticket.........

not surprising is it.

If you pay cash at the gate each week will you not give more money to the club over the course of a season compared to buying a ST?

FJ why all this pash about re-newing followed Hearts for 40 years and that Russian clone aint going to stop my Saturday pleasure.

1 Meeting my mates

2 a few pots

3 Going to the match

4 seeing all my jambo mates (about 100)

5 A break from Home

6 A steak pie

7 the banter during the game

8singing songs

9 jumping up when we score

10 Banter with the steward in section D

and tell me why do you need a season ticket to do all of the above.

you don't.....

While it's not the ideal scenario, I've decided that watching Heart of Midlothian at Tynecastle with a degree of Vlad involvement is infinitely more palatable than watching Heart of Midlothian at Murrayfield, or worse, no Heart of Midlothian at all.

Depriving the club of working capital when they have debts to the tune of ?36m seems utter madness to me.

I'm renewing in the morning.

Renewing your ST when the club has debts to the tune of ?36m seems utter madness to me.

Surely anyone thinking that the paying customer can help reduce that debt of ?36m over the course of one season should be paying for each ticket separately as this will generate more income for the club.

Great idea....lets starve the club of much needed revenue and put them out of business:confused:

After all,every penny goes to Romanovs personal bank account...not the club:rolleyes:

Woohoo...Murrayfield here we come,if there is still an HMFC!

Is this thread for real!

oh don't be a plonker rodney. it's romanov who's hurting the club with his mismanagement of the team. he's the idiot who's who's couldn't pick his nose never mind a football team. romanov is the muppet who's costing the club millions and it's all for the want of employing a quality manager.

jambos are go!
A "cherished" seat is more important then in the scheme of things is it it?

You can get a nice seat at home, or in the pub or anywhere else for that matter.

If a season ticket means more about comfort and convenience than the future of the Club, then by all means go for it.

The problem for you is that I never advocate staying away from Hearts. YOU cannot disassociate being a Hearts supporter is still a supporter even if you are not a "Season-ticket" holder. I think you and all people who criticise this stance should put more effort into trying to convince waverers to still buy one instead of the old chestnuts about "better of without you" and all that p*sh. Try thinking about that.

You may as well buy a bus pass season-ticket also. That is convenient.

What I'm saying is that anyone who gives up a seat/position that they may have taken years to obtain on the basis of what discontents like you say should think again. Hearts will still be here when you me and VR are gone. The main reason IMO for the general rise in STs sales over the last 10 -20 years is because of the hassle of having to trail to buy tickets every week. Nothing to do with performances.management or ownership and a valid point IMO.

You are right in saying I'm obsessed with getting the torn faced to pack it in. Sorry but this is a great opportunity IMO. To good to be missed.

portobellojambo1
The thing is, he can shaft us when he wants. He could close us down tomorrow if he wanted. Do you think holding back season ticket money is going to make a dent in Vlads wealth? It's only going to hinder HMFC:sad:

Would never offer opinion to anyone on whether or not they should renew, or when.

But in relation to what you say above, which is not incorrect, he could, if he so wished. close the business tomorrow. Say he were to do that would those who have already renewed get a refund of any description.

Sorry, too late with your request. Have already renewed, I'm a Hearts supporter so why wouldn't I renew? I have followed them through much worse than it currently is and I didn't do anything to harm the Club then either. Self-harm does no-one any good in my opinion.

and i'm a hearts supporter so why would i renew.

maybe because i care more about the players and the team and hate to see the harm that romanov is doing to them.

There has been a thread on here over the last few days about those renewing season tickets.

This is a thread for those dedicated life-long Hearts supporters who are still withholding handing over cash to Vladimir Romanov.

Whether you are totally disgusted with the shameful and disrespectful way the Club and our supporters have been treated by this man and feel you cannot pay out hard earned money any longer for a lie, whether you are awaiting a REAL response to the infamous January 1st statement before deciding or whether you want to wait and see whether a REAL manager is allowed to settle into the job without interference from Vladimir Romanov...

DO NOT WAVER. STAND FIRM.

Have the courage of your convictions to believe that YOU can make a difference by signalling to Romanov that you are no longer prepared to tolerate his behaviour.

Don't be put off by stories of "steady" streams of people renewing at the ticket office. WE ARE HAVING AN EFFECT.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

STAY STEADFAST. The future of Heart of Midlothian may depend on it.

Feck it... you have convinced me.....

...to renew.

Again.

Have bought myself and the laddie one... now Im gonna get my daughter a ST.

Happy days.

P.S Bought the cup top ups too. :thumb:

Cheers

Nucky Thompson
Say he were to do that would those who have already renewed get a refund of any description.
You would think that we would have some kind of claim against UBIG if he shut HMFC down. Hearts are a part of UBIG, so if he closed the football operation down, surely UBIG would be liable for the fans costs.

and i'm a hearts supporter so why would i renew.

maybe because i care more about the players and the team and hate to see the harm that romanov is doing to them.

So by you not buying a ST says that you care more about Hearts than someone who actually goes and buys one?

:cool:

The thing is, he can shaft us when he wants. He could close us down tomorrow if he wanted. Do you think holding back season ticket money is going to make a dent in Vlads wealth? It's only going to hinder HMFC:sad:

have you no backbone my friend.

don't cower to romanov and show him the hearts support will not stand for their team/players to be harmed anymore.

have some pride man,

QUOTE=PTBCAL;235205]Feck it... you have convinced me.....

...to renew.

Again.

Happy days.

Cheers

You're the Best!! :fing25::sleepy:

So by you not buying a ST says that you care more about Hearts than someone who actually goes and buys one?

:cool:

at this moment in time yes.

only fans who don't care about the harm romanov is doing to the players/team renew.

these people have no pride in the hearts.

Will do,along with real fans I suppose...not like you and the fairweather club:)

No point you commenting again as youve chucked the towel in already:confused:

yeh your correct I have chucked the towel in and it is down to one man

normally I think some of your post are quite decent obviously I was wrong

I am very offended at being called fairweather

what would make me a real fan in your eyes ?

portobellojambo1
You would think that we would have some kind of claim against UBIG if he shut HMFC down. Hearts are a part of UBIG, so if he closed the football operation down, surely UBIG would be liable for the fans costs.

I am not sure The Boo, I assume it would depend very much on the circumstances, if it was as a result of the club going into liquidation I would assume any persons who have already renewed would effectively become creditors, and if funds could be found might get something back via the liquidators, possibly not it all, suppose it would depend very much on whether or not there were other individuals/companies with bigger claims in.

It was a genuine question by the way I wasn't trying to stir the s h i t in any way, just a thought that crossed my mind as a follow up to what you posted previously.

Nail hit on head.

Eggo has just identified himself as the biggest hypocrite on Kickback.

Telling people not to do something you did yourself and publicised is completely sad and pathetic.

I'm holding off to see who's nerve goes first - the club or us as the deadline approaches.

I had a season ticket back then,so therefore the only person that was deprived of anything was me.:)

So that blows your theory, of me costing the club anything,right out the water!

And there were positive results at the end of our action...namely,you lot still having a club to follow:cool:

ToadKiller Dog

I dont get this claim from supporters of the ST boycott about not having the balls or no backbone if you renew ,its about choosing to make a financial transaction to buy a seat to watch a form of entertainment yes with emotions attached ,It is not a life or death fight to keep your job or for a fair wage ,its not a fight against a brutal regime for freedom ,romanov is not going to beat you up and rape your wife if you refuse to renew all he will do is get some kid to give you a call.

this whole movement not to renew has been over dramatized ,i like supporting my club at this moment i am not happy with certain ways in which it is run but it is no where near dead at this time ,if at some time the signs point to the death of our great club then yes i will do what i could to save it ,but cant see how not renewing at all at this period helps anyone..

QUOTE=PTBCAL']Feck it... you have convinced me.....

...to renew.

Again.

Happy days.

Cheers

You're the Best!! :fing25::sleepy:

Caught a 'live one' so soon. :)

only fans who don't care about the harm romanov is doing to the players/team renew.

How can anyone be so full of their own self importance?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: and you probably believe that!

Nucky Thompson

It was a genuine question by the way I wasn't trying to stir the s h i t in any way, just a thought that crossed my mind as a follow up to what you posted previously.

I didn't think you were PJ1:)

I dont get this claim from supporters of the ST boycott about not having the balls or no backbone if you renew ,its about choosing to make a financial transaction to buy a seat to watch a form of entertainment yes with emotions attached ,It is not a life or death fight to keep your job or for a fair wage ,its not a fight against a brutal regime for freedom ,romanov is not going to beat you up and rape your wife if you refuse to renew all he will do is get some kid to give you a call.

this whole movement not to renew has been over dramatized ,i like supporting my club at this moment i am not happy with certain ways in which it is run but it is no where near dead at this time ,if at some time the signs point to the death of our great club then yes i will do what i could to save it ,but cant see how not renewing at all at this period helps anyone..

Everything is more serious on the internet.

I have no doubts that in 50 years time every second student will have an artwork of FWJ on their walls.

ToadKiller Dog
Everything is more serious on the internet.

I have no doubts that in 50 years time every second student will have an artwork of FWJ on their walls.

Maybe the smeltic will have a banner in there stands;)

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I don't have a problem with anybody who does or does not want to buy

a season ticket , freedom of choice , i think 99% of Hearts fans are very

cautious of Romanov's performances however i do not think there should

be a thread encouraging supporters not to buy / renewal of their seat

It's just wrong , like burds with loads of tattoos all over their arms and chest

It's the type of thing a Hobo would influence

We support the players in maroon on a saturday

Some fans will make up any excuse not to go anyway

Totally agree with the OP. By renewing all you are doing is telling Vlad you are happy with the way he is running OUR club ... which I am not.

No cash from me until he keeps his latest (Jan 1st) promise.

ArmiyaRomanova

Shame on you for injecting some level of reality into proceedings. :)

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Totally agree with the OP. By renewing all you are doing is telling Vlad you are happy with the way he is running OUR club ... which I am not.

No cash from me until he keeps his latest (Jan 1st) promise.

I have bought a season ticket for many reasons

however I am not happy with the way the Romanov regime operates

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Renewing your ST when the club has debts to the tune of ?36m seems utter madness to me.

Surely anyone thinking that the paying customer can help reduce that debt of ?36m over the course of one season should be paying for each ticket separately as this will generate more income for the club.

Exactly.

I think people may look back in a year's time and wish they had not paid up front.

I think the next year will end in possible relegation with the way the footballing side of the club has spiralled downward.

You have got a chance to do something NOW.

I have bought a season ticket for many reasons

however I am not happy with the way the Romanov regime operates

Yet, by renewing, you seem happy to let it continue?:confused:

I'm not having a go, I really want to keep my seat, but I've been taken for a mug too many times. Do you not feel the same?

Pete Seeger
If like FJ you are more concerned with being anti VR than pro Hearts then dont renew. If you like FJ want to reduce your committment to 'pick and choose' level then dont renew. If you are prepared to give up a perhaps cherished seat because you believe VR puts the very future of our club at risk then dont renew. If you find you use Hearts as a target for all your fustrations dont renew. If you would rather jeer or get attention on JKB than cheer at Tynecastle dont renew.

If however you love the Hearts then renew and enjoy. Wish most leaving well and welcome those that take their place. Some wont be missed IMO.

Good post

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I'm not having a go, I really want to keep my seat, but I've been taken for a mug too many times. Do you not feel the same?

I want to keep my seat too.

But I've decided this is the only thing I as an individual can do to try and bring about change.

I do not think it is a big sacrifice. I am still a Hearts supporter and always will be.

People not renewing are a joke imo. I hope they all have to suffer a pish team, crap season and bottom six finish!!

Ah wait, that was this season wasn't it?

No renewal until manager, no manager and shove yer ST up yer stinkhole Vlad.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

By renewing now for me it is the cheapest way for me to watch Hearts

over the season

By not buying a season ticket i would pay much more for the same games

next season , giving Romanov more of my cash , maybe this is what he really

wants ?

We would like to renew, but have not got the money. If we can get seats eleswhere we will be there if not will try and pay at the gate (wheatfield section B) seats there for money people ;)

CornhillHearts

Dylan like a rolling stone go and roll yourself of a cliff; Anyway down to business Vlad has just been on the phone and all whom do not renew are not welcome, do you honestly think your ?300 a season times about 2000 (over estimate in my opinion) is going to affect anything.

With the Bednar/Gordon money coming in I am happy to still be assured of football at Tynecastle, but the devil in me wishes the lot of you had seen Hearts at Muddyfield under the pieman which was the option at the time-losers the lot of you.

Dylan like a rolling stone go and roll yourself of a cliff; Anyway down to business Vlad has just been on the phone and all whom do not renew are not welcome, do you honestly think your ?300 a season times about 2000 (over estimate in my opinion) is going to affect anything.

With the Bednar/Gordon money coming in I am happy to still be assured of football at Tynecastle, but the devil in me wishes the lot of you had seen Hearts at Muddyfield under the pieman which was the option at the time-losers the lot of you.

Agree! Well said.

Enough is enough. I have been totally behind Vlad up until 4 months ago. Frail, Malofeev etc have not got a fricking clue. Up to this season I have bought 2 season tickets to follow the Hearts. Being from the sticks means I have to drive to the games so I don't have any pre match routines with my mates. Me and my 2 laddies alternate going to the games. I run a business and have a very active and social life which means that when I go to Tynie, it is really putting following the club to the fore.

I am so disillusioned with things right now that I have been giving my ST's to a mate so he can take his young son to a few games. I have alot of things I can do on a Saturday, but I want to be there.

I will not be renewing until we have the promised manager and I find the split in the support to be heartbreaking over this. I totally agree with the OP. We all should do a bit to send a meassage. A message, that's all, to the regime in charge. To blindly renew, unless you want to keep seats, is unforgiveable. If things stay the same I will pick and choose the big games. Don't anyone dare say that i am a fairweather fan for this. I still love my club and always will. I support it in many ways, but if we have the chance to show a message, let's do it.

So we should all renew with a smile on our face and let him know we are happy taking it up the rear. By all means renew but hold off as long as possible.

Do you really think that all who are not renewing were not behind Vlad when he came along and gave him the severe benefit of the doubt?

JamboRossi79

Who the **** do you think you are to tell other folk to buy or not to buy. You must think you are so important or something, thing is you are just another sad act at a computer thinking that anyone actually gives a ***** about what you think. Do us a favour and boycott this website as well.

I and any other person who is quite capable of thinking for themselves can make their own decisions.

I will buy a ST again because I am a Hearts supporter. End of.

So, is my opinion not worthwhile? Does the way I feel about my club and the way it is being run have no place on this messageboard? Here was me thinking that this is what it was for. Sorry!!

And no, I don't think I'm that important. Just a fellow Hearts fan with an opinion.

Charlie-Brown

People should just make up their own mind what they want to do and people should respect other peoples decisions whether that is to renew or not renew until later or not renew at all. :)

JamboRossi79
So, is my opinion not worthwhile? Does the way I feel about my club and the way it is being run have no place on this messageboard? Here was me thinking that this is what it was for. Sorry!!

And no, I don't think I'm that important. Just a fellow Hearts fan with an opinion.

Was I talking to you ?

colinmaroon
revivify...is that the process of ordaining a meenister

Cheeky so 'n' so!!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
People should just make up their own mind what they want to do and people should respect other peoples decisions whether that is to renew or not renew until later or not renew at all. :)

Agreed.

Don't think it's wrong to debate it either though, that's what the board is for!

Was I talking to you ?

Sorry mate. I did wonder at first then thought you were.

Hey! You sending me to Coventry?;)

Archived