Hearts Fans Stay Steadfast - Do Not Renew

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

There has been a thread on here over the last few days about those renewing season tickets.

This is a thread for those dedicated life-long Hearts supporters who are still withholding handing over cash to Vladimir Romanov.

Whether you are totally disgusted with the shameful and disrespectful way the Club and our supporters have been treated by this man and feel you cannot pay out hard earned money any longer for a lie, whether you are awaiting a REAL response to the infamous January 1st statement before deciding or whether you want to wait and see whether a REAL manager is allowed to settle into the job without interference from Vladimir Romanov...

DO NOT WAVER. STAND FIRM.

Have the courage of your convictions to believe that YOU can make a difference by signalling to Romanov that you are no longer prepared to tolerate his behaviour.

Don't be put off by stories of "steady" streams of people renewing at the ticket office. WE ARE HAVING AN EFFECT.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

STAY STEADFAST. The future of Heart of Midlothian may depend on it.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colonel Kurtz
There has been a thread on here over the last few days about those renewing season tickets.

This is a thread for those dedicated life-long Hearts supporters who are still withholding handing over cash to Vladimir Romanov.

Whether you are totally disgusted with the shameful and disrespectful way the Club and our supporters have been treated by this man and feel you cannot pay out hard earned money any longer for a lie, whether you are awaiting a REAL response to the infamous January 1st statement before deciding or whether you want to wait and see whether a REAL manager is allowed to settle into the job without interference from Vladimir Romanov...

Have the courage of your convictions to believe that YOU can make a difference by signalling to Romanov that you are no longer prepared to tolerate his behaviour.

Don't be put off by stories of "steady" streams of people renewing at the ticket office. WE ARE HAVING AN EFFECT.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

The only steady stream has been the pesh coming from Charlie and The Boys ,

STs renewals are really low,they are worried,the mouthpiece on here has already started

That's fine if you don't renew. Trouble is what happens when you get the itch to attend a game? Serious question.

Colonel Kurtz
As much as I personally agree. Why the new thread? Why not revivify the old one?

revivify...is that the process of ordaining a meenister

The only steady stream has been the pesh coming from Charlie and The Boys ,

STs renewals are really low,they are worried,the mouthpiece on here has already started

Brown?

:rolleyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
That's fine if you don't renew. Trouble is what happens when you get the itch to attend a game? Serious question.

I've never said turn your back on Hearts.

Pick and choose matches.

But if have you any better suggestions that may have an effect on Romanov please put them forward.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Like a rolling stone, dear oh dear just remembered to renew when I saw your thread -cheers.

Glad to be off service.

Not like you to Think Twice.

I've never said turn your back on Hearts.

Pick and choose matches.

But if have you any better suggestions that may have an effect on Romanov please put them forward.

No I didn't suggest you did but as I posted on another thread, I could choose not to renew but I go to games on my own and have built up a friendship with those who sit around me. If I don't renew then I have the lottery of sitting with people who I don't especially care for should I choose to renew in the future.

PS Dylan's latest is superb!

Miller Jambo 60
Glad to be off service.

FJ why all this pash about re-newing followed Hearts for 40 years and that Russian clone aint going to stop my Saturday pleasure.

1 Meeting my mates

2 a few pots

3 Going to the match

4 seeing all my jambo mates (about 100)

5 A break from Home

6 A steak pie

7 the banter during the game

8singing songs

9 jumping up when we score

10 Banter with the steward in section D

Glad to be off service.

This has just got to be the slogan for the no-doubt imminent relaunch of the ST campaign:

Don't think twice, it's alright

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

Great idea....lets starve the club of much needed revenue and put them out of business:confused:

After all,every penny goes to Romanovs personal bank account...not the club:rolleyes:

Woohoo...Murrayfield here we come,if there is still an HMFC!

Is this thread for real!

I can uderstand the criticsims of non-renewers.

However, the only power we have as cutomers is to withold our financial support until a manager is appointed.

It's not a big ask requesting to have what practically every other football club in the world takes for granted.

The day someone is appointed, i bet the ticket office will be swamped with renewals.

and if you have to pay a fair bit extra after the deadline and can afford to then so be it, but I guarantee that you'll all be back in due course.

Coming 7th isn't the end of the world and it has given us the chance to see a bit of the future HMFC and as far as I'm concerned that is indeed a bright one, especially when Blatter gets his way and brings in his overseas player reductions.

Sorry, too late with your request. Have already renewed, I'm a Hearts supporter so why wouldn't I renew? I have followed them through much worse than it currently is and I didn't do anything to harm the Club then either. Self-harm does no-one any good in my opinion.

Colonel Kurtz
Great idea....lets starve the club of much needed revenue and put them out of business:confused:

After all,every penny goes to Romanovs personal bank account...not the club:rolleyes:

Is this thread for real!

You deserve Frail next season

(Say) 5000 season tickets not renewed at (say) ?400 each. A nice round ?2m.

Money wasted on Pinilla, Makela, Tall, the members of the "team" signed in the January 2006 window, the high earners with Vlad flu, the SFA fines, the out of court settlements with Anderton and Rix...and the list goes on.

How many million?

Are you starting to see who is "starving" the club of much-needed revenue?

Is this thread for real!

no make romanov realise he cant shaft us whenever he wants

The fans have a voice vote with your feet

If only 4000 renew romanov may just wake up and smell the coffee

12000 renew the status quo remains and we will probably end up in the first division or worse as per your scenario

I was tempted to make some kind of stand but .............?25 is still ?25 :sad:

I have to say that I've got one foot in the hope against hope camp that the Jan 1st declaration will be acted upon. The 'e-mail-shot' that we have received must show that the club is expecting a drop-off, cos I don't recall getting a reminder in previous years ...........and it's not even cut-off point for the frozen prices yet !

If the owner is wanting typical sales figures in an effort to convince himself that there IS NO PROBLEM then we are truly fecked .........and I don't think

withholding ST cash will 'move him' if that's the case, although it will mean there are a few ?500s all ready and waiting for the SOH2 campaign ;)

However I don't believe that CO would knowingly be party to such a gross and callous deception so that flickering flame warms me too :o

turnkey1874

Not renewing is the only way of sending a message; Romanov may not listen but he will at least know that we can't be taken for granted anymore. And his nice guaranteed income stream form the fans will dry up. I'm not renewing until we get a manager who is in charge. I'd rather pick the games I want to go to and if we get the same pish next season, at least I did my best to send a message :mad:

(Say) 5000 season tickets not renewed at (say) ?400 each. A nice round ?2m.

Money wasted on Pinilla, Makela, Tall, the members of the "team" signed in the January 2006 window, the high earners with Vlad flu, the SFA fines, the out of court settlements with Anderton and Rix...and the list goes on.

How many million?

Are you starting to see who is "starving" the club of much-needed revenue?

I see theres no mention of the successful players brought in by the evil one:cool:

Romanov didnt starve the club when he brought it from near extinction.

This my story and this is my shout,follow the Hearts or just walk right out:)

Feel free to have a go,but it will not move my opinion.

Nucky Thompson

The thing is, he can shaft us when he wants. He could close us down tomorrow if he wanted. Do you think holding back season ticket money is going to make a dent in Vlads wealth? It's only going to hinder HMFC:sad:

I see theres no mention of the successful players brought in by the evil one:cool:

Romanov didnt starve the club when he brought it from near extinction.

This my story and this is my shout,follow the Hearts or just walk right out:)

Feel free to have a go,but it will not move my opinion.

So you've actually nothing to say about Romanov's wastefulness, beside which any projected loss from non-renewal of STs would be small beer?

Thought not.

The fans have a voice vote with your feet

If only 4000 renew romanov may just wake up and smell the coffee

12000 renew the status quo remains and we will probably end up in the first division or worse as per your scenario

As per my scenario...:)....laughable that!

If you dont want to renew,walk away.You dont need to come on and advertise yourself as some sort of hero!

WALK AWAY!

The thing is, he can shaft us when he wants. He could close us down tomorrow if he wanted. Do you think holding back season ticket money is going to make a dent in Vlads wealth? It's only going to hinder HMFC:sad:

Bang on the money Boo!

jambos are go!

If like FJ you are more concerned with being anti VR than pro Hearts then dont renew. If you like FJ want to reduce your committment to 'pick and choose' level then dont renew. If you are prepared to give up a perhaps cherished seat because you believe VR puts the very future of our club at risk then dont renew. If you find you use Hearts as a target for all your fustrations dont renew. If you would rather jeer or get attention on JKB than cheer at Tynecastle dont renew.

If however you love the Hearts then renew and enjoy. Wish most leaving well and welcome those that take their place. Some wont be missed IMO.

Nookie Bear

It's a toughie!

Part of me wants to tell Vlad and his mob to stuff it and to do something worthwhile with my saturdays.

The other part of me says "it's my club" (well, ours) and i'm not going to sit at home letting him ruin it. You can't make a noise from your sofa.

If you dont want to renew,walk away.You dont need to come on and advertise yourself as some sort of hero!

WALK AWAY!

You seem to be missing the point.

There's nothing heroic about it.

Ron Burgundy
If like FJ you are more concerned with being anti VR than pro Hearts then dont renew. If you like FJ want to reduce your committment to 'pick and choose' level then dont renew. If you are prepared to give up a perhaps cherished seat because you believe VR puts the very future of our club at risk then dont renew. If you find you use Hearts as a target for all your fustrations dont renew. If you would rather jeer or get attention on JKB than cheer at Tynecastle dont renew.

If however you love the Hearts then renew and enjoy. Wish most leaving well and welcome those that take there place. Some wont be missed IMO.

Completely agree.

Is this thread for real!

WALK AWAY!

Yeah, walk away.

Just like you. Just like you when you starved the club of much needed revenue.

Why are you bleating on about murrayfield? Why are you bleating on about "if there is still an HMFC".

You weren't even attending or supporting the team at the time.

You were too busy boycotting.

You had walked away.

WALK AWAY!

just passing my opinion thats

ps enjoy your shafting next year ;)

ToadKiller Dog

Pick and choose in the end will boil down to picking the glamour games vrs the Hobos and the uglies and looking for excuses not to be there in the just as crucial games on a cold damp winter vrs the likes of St midden and hamilton when the squad needs our backing.

I have renewed and am happy to do so,i dont want to damage the club in some war with Romanov in the end we all will loose.I am not yet convinced that the club is yet near the basket case that some on here are making out.

I enjoy my Saturdays ,i want a new manager but you dont always get what you want.

I dont have a problem with those waiting to renew late ,i can see what they are trying to do ,but those calling for not renewing at all are wrong .

just passing my opinion thats

ps enjoy your shafting next year ;)

Will do,along with real fans I suppose...not like you and the fairweather club:)

No point you commenting again as youve chucked the towel in already:confused:

Yeah, walk away.

Just like you. Just like you when you starved the club of much needed revenue.

Why are you bleating on about murrayfield? Why are you bleating on about "if there is still an HMFC".

You weren't even attending or supporting the team at the time.

You were too busy boycotting.

You had walked away.

Nail hit on head.

Eggo has just identified himself as the biggest hypocrite on Kickback.

Telling people not to do something you did yourself and publicised is completely sad and pathetic.

I'm holding off to see who's nerve goes first - the club or us as the deadline approaches.

I've got a funny feeling the the ticket office is going to be a busy place next week, with all the "who blinks first brigade" rushing to renew!!!:)

Nail hit on head.

Eggo has just identified himself as the biggest hypocrite on Kickback.

Telling people not to do something you did yourself and publicised is completely sad and pathetic.

I'm holding off to see who's nerve goes first - the club or us as the deadline approaches.

Eggo the " Legend ".

The whimpering wee lassie ! Some of us had some balls that day would suggest you grew some. ;)

I was tempted to make some kind of stand but .............?25 is still ?25...

....... ?25 is only ?25.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

If however you love the Hearts then renew and enjoy. Wish most leaving well and welcome those that take their place. Some wont be missed IMO.

A "cherished" seat is more important then in the scheme of things is it it?

You can get a nice seat at home, or in the pub or anywhere else for that matter.

If a season ticket means more about comfort and convenience than the future of the Club, then by all means go for it.

The problem for you is that I never advocate staying away from Hearts. YOU cannot disassociate being a Hearts supporter is still a supporter even if you are not a "Season-ticket" holder. I think you and all people who criticise this stance should put more effort into trying to convince waverers to still buy one instead of the old chestnuts about "better of without you" and all that p*sh. Try thinking about that.

You may as well buy a bus pass season-ticket also. That is convenient.

...If a season ticket means more about comfort and convenience than the future of the Club, then by all means go for it...

:thumb:

While it's not the ideal scenario, I've decided that watching Heart of Midlothian at Tynecastle with a degree of Vlad involvement is infinitely more palatable than watching Heart of Midlothian at Murrayfield, or worse, no Heart of Midlothian at all.

Depriving the club of working capital when they have debts to the tune of ?36m seems utter madness to me.

I'm renewing in the morning.

It's a toughie!

Part of me wants to tell Vlad and his mob to stuff it and to do something worthwhile with my saturdays.

The other part of me says "it's my club" (well, ours) and i'm not going to sit at home letting him ruin it. You can't make a noise from your sofa.

Have we made any noise this season?

haven't you ever heard of paying cash on the day. who needs a season ticket anyway.

Archived