Hearts Fans Stay Steadfast - Do Not Renew

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Charlie-Brown
Agreed.

Don't think it's wrong to debate it either though, that's what the board is for!

Well of course - but the way some people post is as if the other guy is absolutely wrong for his decision just becuase he holds a different opinion - for some people it feels right for them to renew, other to hold off & renew later, others not to renew at all - nobody is right & nobody is wrong - people are only doing what feels right for them.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well of course - but the way some people post is as if the other guy is absolutely wrong for his decision just becuase he holds a different opinion - for some people it feels right for them to renew, other to hold off & renew later, others not to renew at all - nobody is right & nobody is wrong - people are only doing what feels right for them.

Tell you what! The whole thing is very frustrating. Wondering what Vlad is doing that feels right for him. Why can't he be more communicative with the fans. We all showed what we thought of him at first. What the hell is he up to?

JamboRossi79
Sorry mate. I did wonder at first then thought you were.

Hey! You sending me to Coventry?;)

Aye off you go to the Ricoh ;)

If like FJ you are more concerned with being anti VR than pro Hearts then dont renew. If you like FJ want to reduce your committment to 'pick and choose' level then dont renew. If you are prepared to give up a perhaps cherished seat because you believe VR puts the very future of our club at risk then dont renew. If you find you use Hearts as a target for all your fustrations dont renew. If you would rather jeer or get attention on JKB than cheer at Tynecastle dont renew.

If however you love the Hearts then renew and enjoy. Wish most leaving well and welcome those that take their place. Some wont be missed IMO.

I was going to wait until the last minute but reading this thread and particularly the above post made me decide not to. I just renewed.:)

Not renewing is the ultimate kind of protest.

Those who do renew..........I hope you boo the team off the park after every bad result or poor performance.

We, as a family of fans, must take a stand at the insane way our club is being run.

Pesh poor attendances and crowd disruption are the only things we have to fight Vlad with.

Unless we win Euro Millions, buy him out and get him right tae feck.

Only a Game

I'm actually feeling quite guilty and ashamed tonight. I've been advocating non renewal for weeks yet tonight I have filled in my form sealed it in an envelope and have it sitting there with a stamp on it ready for posting ?

So why, when it comes to the crunch have I about turned and done the dirty.

I suppose I am in the same boat as many many others, possibly the vast majority. I actually wanted to renew and had no intention of not doing so, and no intenton of losing my seat.

Yes I could have waited a while longer, maybe even to the last possible day but I have a holiday to pay for next month and the money just might not be there.

I've let myself in for being a party to giving the ownership a mandate not to appoint a decent manager but the fact is, even if they hadnt done so in the next month I'd have renewed anyway.

I support those who are holding off till the last minute and I really hope something is achieved by doing so. For personal reasons as much as anything I will post the renewal tommorrow. I knew I was going to renew, as much as I tried to talk myself in the other direction, and I couldnt hold off any longer so had to do it now

I dont support those who wont renew at all. I do understand them but it smacks too much of fair-weather supporting to me and thats not what supporting Hearts has ever been about.

I remember the 98 cup final like it was yesterday. Year upon year of supporting dross (most seasons) rewarded in one glorious 90 minutes. Thats what supporting Hearts is all about for most long term fans. I'd hate to be distantly sitting listening to the radio or out shopping the next time the true cream of Scottish football rises to the top. Thats why I am going back next season. I hate a part of myself for being this way but I am renewing knowing full well that next season could be as bad, or worse than this season but hoping that there's another 1998 just around the corner. No other set of fans in Scotland gets the buzz we get when we are good and I want to be there when it happens again.

So good luck, for those who are holding out and trying to send a message. I'm sorry I couldnt have held on a bit longer and I wish you two things. 1. That you'll have some effect, however small and 2. That you'll all be back next season making the best stadium in Scotland ROCK !!!!

TheBigTeam
There has been a thread on here over the last few days about those renewing season tickets.

This is a thread for those dedicated life-long Hearts supporters who are still withholding handing over cash to Vladimir Romanov.

Whether you are totally disgusted with the shameful and disrespectful way the Club and our supporters have been treated by this man and feel you cannot pay out hard earned money any longer for a lie, whether you are awaiting a REAL response to the infamous January 1st statement before deciding or whether you want to wait and see whether a REAL manager is allowed to settle into the job without interference from Vladimir Romanov...

DO NOT WAVER. STAND FIRM.

Have the courage of your convictions to believe that YOU can make a difference by signalling to Romanov that you are no longer prepared to tolerate his behaviour.

Don't be put off by stories of "steady" streams of people renewing at the ticket office. WE ARE HAVING AN EFFECT.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

STAY STEADFAST. The future of Heart of Midlothian may depend on it.

Top post.That Russian tosser aint getting another penny.

scots civil war
Bang on the money Boo!

yeah,bang on your money and watch romanov laugh at your spineless actions

some punters on this board should seriously have a word with their selves

however, a lot of the punters have had enough of this embaressing and shameful regime,thank **** for us...........

i cant wait to see what the outcome of this season ticket episode in the coming months

MAKE HIM CHANGE,DONT RENEW

PresidentRomanov
at this moment in time yes.

only fans who don't care about the harm romanov is doing to the players/team renew.

these people have no pride in the hearts.

mod delete

Cliffundo
That's fine if you don't renew. Trouble is what happens when you get the itch to attend a game? Serious question.

Watch the highlights on the tele?

It's a bit like quiting smoking! you get the urge for a smoke but you fight it! you do not give in at the first hurdle!

Cliffundo
People should just make up their own mind what they want to do and people should respect other peoples decisions whether that is to renew or not renew until later or not renew at all. :)

It's only fair that if HMFC advertise and make calls and send emails to individuals to renew....these individuals have the right to vent their frustration and here is the best place to do that beacsue the club do not listen to the punters...FACT!

I like the fact people bring this to the attention of the supporters who feel the same. VR made a statement that an atonomous manager would be put in place and he has let this run for an amazing amount of time without any kind of update!

I am all for encouraging people to keep their money in their pocket! do not give Vlad a penny till he gives us a manager!

at this moment in time yes.

only fans who don't care about the harm romanov is doing to the players/team renew.

these people have no pride in the hearts.

Wow, that sounds like somebody trying hard to convince themselve that their lack of support is the right thing to do.

I've not renewed yet, but I'm not paying at the gate for an entire season. I've done it before and it's too much hassle trying to get tickets for the big games and a fair bit more expensive overall.

I'll hold off until 31st May then see what decent seats are available.

Anybody with a couple of seats about halfway down in section D not renewing?

:evil:

Mister Dee

It's all a matter of conscience really.

In the pieman's last year I refused to renew to renew my ST to protest at the direction he was taking the Club, & didn't hear the kind of crap that is being said on this thread.

I actually wrote to Robinson & received a reply to the effect of "I know how to run a football Club & you don't", which kind of summed him up.

Similarly I will write to Hearts this year with my reasons for not renewing & suggestions to VR that would get me & many others to renew.

I will not continue to support the current regime as it is, the Club needs change immediately.

PresidentRomanov
Wow, that sounds like somebody trying hard to convince themselve that their lack of support is the right thing to do.

I've not renewed yet, but I'm not paying at the gate for an entire season. I've done it before and it's too much hassle trying to get tickets for the big games and a fair bit more expensive overall.

I'll hold off until 31st May then see what decent seats are available.

Anybody with a couple of seats about halfway down in section D not renewing?

:evil:

I would suggest, the vast majority of the "rebels" are expecting another poor season, and that's the real reason for their "stance" ;)

I don't think getting tickets for games is an issue for them.

I'd love hearing them squeal for tickets if it takes off again next year though - it'll be the ticket office's fault :)

...I'd love hearing them squeal for tickets if it takes off again next year though - it'll be the ticket office's fault :)

Crikey, another one.

Every other Hearts fan would just be delighted that things had taken off again.

But instead, you'd be loving the fact that other Hearts fans are sqealing for tickets?

Were you like that in 1998? Everyone else celebrating our first trophy in years and you laughing at those folk that couldn't go.

You ARE a proper supporter. :rolleyes:

I would suggest, the vast majority of the "rebels" are expecting another poor season, and that's the real reason for their "stance" ;)

I'd love hearing them squeal for tickets if it takes off again next year though - it'll be the ticket office's fault :)

Got it in one!

I fear your right.

Had Romanovs interference worked on the pitch, they would be carrying him along Princes Street shoulder high.

;)

bighalders

Great OP, it is the ONLY way to protest at the destruction of our club by Vlad. Ignore the few who will take potshots at your tin hat ;) I am totally shocked there are still people out there who will believe no matter what. Don't buy a season ticket and don't buy merchandice it's the only way IMO

I fear your right.

Had Romanovs interference worked on the pitch, they would be carrying him along Princes Street shoulder high.

;)

As they did initially.

Didnt hear to many complaints when he signed Skacel,Takis.Larry etc.:P

Buffalo Bill

I respect FWJ's stance and also his right to an opinion. I'm not quite sure if he respect's mine but that's not important.

FWJ,

You say you are open to suggestions. I have one.

How about you organise a meeting, or a rally?

I'm not convincd the power of Kickback alone is enough to convince people; not least in light of what happened last summer on here.

You are the leader of the 'do not renew' lobby. That's fair enough. I understand your reasoning.

Although I haven't renewed yet, I will. My reasons for renewing are personal to me and my family and it's not something I'd wish to share. But it is important for me to renew.

For what it's worth, I don't think my renewal is especially important to Vlad, and likewise, by not renewing, it is doubtful in my mind as to whether it would make any real difference. But if we do not get our manager, I will be making my feeling known next season. And I need to be there to do so.

People need to see a leader.

If you are the leader, and I think you are, then I believe you need to get out there and lead. The final home match of the season is the perfect platform for you to drum up support.

I am a Hearts supporter too; just one with a different opinion.

Buffalo Bill

I fear your right.

Had Romanovs interference worked on the pitch, they would be carrying him along Princes Street shoulder high. ;)

Do you think that's what it's all about. The expectation of another poor season?

I've watched some bad Hearts teams in my time, i've watched them in the first division. I didn't stop going just because we we're poor though.

Chad Sexington

Much as I hate the way the club is being run, the OP's constant, cringeworthy attempts at making himself the voice of the people just make me want to run out and renew as soon as possible.

Mister Dee

Romanov has been good for the Club in a lot of area's, but in the last 18 months he has got it totally wrong regarding the squad.

I would suggest that we won the cup in 2006 despite rather because of Romanov.

upthehill

I cannae work out folks who dinnae renew for any reason other than fiscal hardship or relocation.

Chad Sexington

People need to see a leader.

If you are the leader, and I think you are, then I believe you need to get out there and lead. The final home match of the season is the perfect platform for you to drum up support.

Oh FFS!!!

Don't stoke his ego any further.

He'll organise feck all. I'll bet the price of a ST on that.

Hats off to this FJ character - you gotta hand to him he keeps the momentum going. Totally agree with continuous threads on this subject as long as continuous nonsense is fed back to fans.

We were told that the appointment of the next manager was "the most important in the history of Hearts FC".

Many of us are in agreement that is why a ST will not be purchased until the historical appointment of the most "important Manager ever in all time":rockon: at Hearts is given the job.

Alternatively, the "Board" have not moved a muscle on this most important managerial appointment and have looked at zero candidates.

What do you believe?

Don't back down on ST's and we may get a manager of some kind - THAT'S HOW

IMPORTANT IT IS.

Cliffundo
Much as I hate the way the club is being run, the OP's constant, cringeworthy attempts at making himself the voice of the people just make me want to run out and renew as soon as possible.

lets compre the OP with the damage Vlad has done.... why, chad! you are right Vlad is more worthy than this agitated supporter :sarcasm: git a grip....guys like you keep Vlad on the road he is taking us!

Git some balls pal! They guy is trying to keep spirits up and keep focused, while all the time the wooses are renewing cause they are scared they will loose their seat...or worse...their Knight in shining armour will run away!

Chad Sexington
lets compre the OP with the damage Vlad has done.... why, chad! you are right Vlad is more worthy than this agitated supporter :sarcasm: git a grip....guys like you keep Vlad on the road he is taking us!

Git some balls pal! They guy is trying to keep spirits up and keep focused, while all the time the wooses are renewing cause they are scared they will loose their seat...or worse...their Knight in shining armour will run away!

Where were all the armchair radicals when Romanov was in town?

:tumbleweed:

hartley is god
Pick and choose in the end will boil down to picking the glamour games vrs the Hobos and the uglies and looking for excuses not to be there in the just as crucial games on a cold damp winter vrs the likes of St midden and hamilton when the squad needs our backing.

I have renewed and am happy to do so,i dont want to damage the club in some war with Romanov in the end we all will loose.I am not yet convinced that the club is yet near the basket case that some on here are making out.

I enjoy my Saturdays ,i want a new manager but you dont always get what you want.

I dont have a problem with those waiting to renew late ,i can see what they are trying to do ,but those calling for not renewing at all are wrong .

well said that man!!! ;)

I don't follow you?

Are you suggesting that anyone who isn't happy with the way VR is running the club should have used the fact that he was in Edinburgh recently to do something other than voice their opinion of him on KB?

Like what exactly? What should the 'armchair radicals' have done when he was in town?

Cliffundo

is that the best you could come up with?

Not buying the season tickets is the way to go. Hit Vlad in the pocket!

Thats all he cares about.

Generic Username
is that the best you could come up with?

Not buying the season tickets is the way to go. Hit Vlad in the pocket!

Thats all he cares about.

I'd really hope it'd take Vlad the absolute bombscare that this season has been to get working double time on getting a manager in and not the threat of people not renewing.

If you don't renew your seat and expect Vlad to be in some kind of state of shock at a couple of million quid loss compared to all the other vast sums of money he's thrown down the swanny then you're in for a rude awakening.

Worst case scenario - we don't get a manager but you can bet your arse he'll pull something out the bag to fill those empty seats.

It's a horrible but sad reality.

Cliffundo
Hats off to this FJ character - you gotta hand to him he keeps the momentum going. Totally agree with continuous threads on this subject as long as continuous nonsense is fed back to fans.

We were told that the appointment of the next manager was "the most important in the history of Hearts FC".

Many of us are in agreement that is why a ST will not be purchased until the historical appointment of the most "important Manager ever in all time":rockon: at Hearts is given the job.

Alternatively, the "Board" have not moved a muscle on this most important managerial appointment and have looked at zero candidates.

What do you believe?

Don't back down on ST's and we may get a manager of some kind - THAT'S HOW

IMPORTANT IT IS.

:thumb: Well said m8.

Cliffundo
I'd really hope it'd take Vlad the absolute bombscare that this season has been to get working double time on getting a manager in and not the threat of people not renewing.

If you don't renew your seat and expect Vlad to be in some kind of state of shock at a couple of million quid loss compared to all the other vast sums of money he's thrown down the swanny then you're in for a rude awakening.

Worst case scenario - we don't get a manager but you can bet your arse he'll pull something out the bag to fill those empty seats.

It's a horrible but sad reality.

The money he has thrown down the swanny, he does not care about it...the debt is piled against HMFC not Vlad. if we do not renew and he looses a couple of million through ticket sales and merchandise, then he has less money to take out of the club! the less he can take out the more that will **** him off.

Generic Username
The money he has thrown down the swanny, he does not care about it...the debt is piled against HMFC not Vlad. if we do not renew and he looses a couple of million through ticket sales and merchandise, then he has less money to take out of the club! the less he can take out the more that will **** him off.

And the horrible and stark reality is that if that monetary loss was to genuinely irk him he'd more than likely cut his losses and sell us off and get his money back.

Or something along those lines.

Not renewing is a way people are choosing to vent their frustrations at the nonsense we've all endured - fair play.

However to think that it will have some huge effect and Vlad will be sitting bug eyed and confused at the lack of money coming into Tynie and come crawling over broken glass to please us is farsical.

You don't renew - I can promise you that seat will get filled by someone either with a season ticket or by paying each week.

It's not nice to admit but we're all guilty of being caught up in PR stunts, something or someone will come along that'll whip those of you who haven't renewed right back along to the ticket office.

It's happened before, it'll happen again.

I predict...topless drunk cheerleaders at half time. In a pool of baby oil.

Cliffundo
And the horrible and stark reality is that if that monetary loss was to genuinely irk him he'd more than likely cut his losses and sell us off and get his money back.

Or something along those lines.

Not renewing is a way people are choosing to vent their frustrations at the nonsense we've all endured - fair play.

However to think that it will have some huge effect and Vlad will be sitting bug eyed and confused at the lack of money coming into Tynie and come crawling over broken glass to please us is farsical.

You don't renew - I can promise you that seat will get filled by someone either with a season ticket or by paying each week.

It's not nice to admit but we're all guilty of being caught up in PR stunts, something or someone will come along that'll whip those of you who haven't renewed right back along to the ticket office.

It's happened before, it'll happen again.

I predict...topless drunk cheerleaders at half time. In a pool of baby oil.

I would rather he done that now, rather than wait till he takes all he can.

Do you think that's what it's all about. The expectation of another poor season?

I've watched some bad Hearts teams in my time, i've watched them in the first division. I didn't stop going just because we we're poor though.

And do you think that has nothing to do with it?

ST sales around 8500 under Pieman, 5000 more in the season just finished.

I'll have to try and work that one out.

It's all about expectation with many fans and all this claptrap about I want a manager is utter rubbish. A committee, VR, anyone or anything that produces success (or looks as though it will) will have fans rushing to buy. While this may not be the case with some fans, it is with many others.

It's all about expectation with many fans and all this claptrap about I want a manager is utter rubbish. A committee, VR, anyone or anything that produces success (or looks as though it will) will have fans rushing to buy. While this may not be the case with some fans, it is with many others.

Spot on!

Guest JamboRobbo

Just shows that Vlad was given tremendous backing by the fans, and threw it all away with his actions.

True, but your overlooking the fact that VR and the committee picking the team dramatically reduces any chance of success, as stated by many on here, and as proven by Vlad over the past two years.

Generic Username
I would rather he done that now, rather than wait till he takes all he can.

But we all know he won't.

We all throw it into the mix now and again, "oh what if he sells tomorrow" but I don't think it's feasible or in his character to quit.

It's also not in his character to admit when he's been wrong which is why things are going so softly softly and extremely slowly at the moment in righting the wrongs of the last two seasons.

We can't keep asking each other to give him time, like I say, people choose to not renew as their form of protest and that could pay off if we do nothing in the summer and don't bring a manager in. Then you'r 400 quid better off and those who did renew are left to possibly endure another mare of a season with off field crazyness galore.

However as many many other posters have pointed out before - it's Hearts I love, not a player, not a manager but the club and the feelings and great memories that are attached to Hearts don't pertain to one single individual and I could never honestly see myself turning my back on them. Despite how crap and whacky things have been.

...You don't renew - I can promise you that seat will get filled by someone either with a season ticket or by paying each week...

Where were all these people this season? Why was there empty seats this season and why are these empty seats, and any new ones, suddenly going to filled next season?

Just shows that Vlad was given tremendous backing by the fans, and threw it all away with his actions.

True, but your overlooking the fact that VR and the committee picking the team dramatically reduces any chance of success, as stated by many on here, and as proven by Vlad over the past two years.

Yes but as you rightly admit it is all true!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. You must have been full of praise for him when we won the Scottish cup. Oh no, you had Burley on your mind then.

What will it be next? Ah yes, the accounts.

And so on it goes.

Cliffundo
But we all know he won't.

We all throw it into the mix now and again, "oh what if he sells tomorrow" but I don't think it's feasible or in his character to quit.

It's also not in his character to admit when he's been wrong which is why things are going so softly softly and extremely slowly at the moment in righting the wrongs of the last two seasons.

But is that not what the Jan 1st statement was about? Charlie man said that was as close to an oppology we could ever expect get!

We can't keep asking each other to give him time, like I say, people choose to not renew as their form of protest and that could pay off if we do nothing in the summer and don't bring a manager in. Then you'r 400 quid better off and those who did renew are left to possibly endure another mare of a season with off field crazyness galore.

However as many many other posters have pointed out before - it's Hearts I love, not a player, not a manager but the club and the feelings and great memories that are attached to Hearts don't pertain to one single individual and I could never honestly see myself turning my back on them. Despite how crap and whacky things have been.

fair play, I would never ask anyone to stop doing something they loved. I just hope as much as people want to renew, there are still significant amount of people who will not renew. I honstly feel it is the only way to make Vlad stop and think! Surley he must take the customers into consideration when applying his stratagey?

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes but as you rightly admit it is all true!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. You must have been full of praise for him when we won the Scottish cup. Oh no, you had Burley on your mind then.

I can assure you, I was not full of praise for Vlad when we won the Scottish cup. I was full of praise for the players for just about managing to hold it together in spite of being hindered by the interfering owner.

It saddens me to see Hearts fans like yourself willing to accept the scraps and be happy to have that, when we could have so much more.

Generic Username
Where were all these people this season? Why was there empty seats this season and why are these empty seats, and any new ones, suddenly going to filled next season?

Because we'll get thrown a bone like we always do.

I'm not condoning it but it'll happen.

We were all in the huff before Crimbo - boom - 1st of January it's publicly made clear we're looking for a new boss. People seem to calm down a bit, talks of protests go on the back burner.

Now we're almost at seasons end, about 5000 haven't renewed yet and I'd say at the final count that could well be about 2000 or even 3000 so we'll get the old boabby teaser - we're going to sign someone or we've signed someone half decent that will get random punters in to fill the gaps.

It's not happening now because the seasons a dead loss, 2 or 3 games left it's not going to look bad to have some empty seats but next season, if we're to be convinced is "the most important" in our history.

That's the start of them promising a lot - I don't want to think about what will get delivered if anything at all.

Because we'll get thrown a bone like we always do.

I'm not condoning it but it'll happen.

We were all in the huff before Crimbo - boom - 1st of January it's publicly made clear we're looking for a new boss. People seem to calm down a bit, talks of protests go on the back burner.

Now we're almost at seasons end, about 5000 haven't renewed yet and I'd say at the final count that could well be about 2000 or even 3000 so we'll get the old boabby teaser - we're going to sign someone or we've signed someone half decent that will get random punters in to fill the gaps.

It's not happening now because the seasons a dead loss, 2 or 3 games left it's not going to look bad to have some empty seats but next season, if we're to be convinced is "the most important" in our history.

That's the start of them promising a lot - I don't want to think about what will get delivered if anything at all.

I'm not just talking about since the split.

With the exception of the Cat A games, there has been empty seats all season.

I can assure you, I was not full of praise for Vlad when we won the Scottish cup. I was full of praise for the players for just about managing to hold it together in spite of being hindered by the interfering owner.

It saddens me to see Hearts fans like yourself willing to accept the scraps and be happy to have that, when we could have so much more.

We nearly lost the Cup to Gretna because VR hated Brellier and Webster so much that he forced them to be left out in favour of Tall and Aguiar - our 2 worst players in the Cup final.

haven't you ever heard of paying cash on the day. who needs a season ticket anyway.

Have metionedit before,you see lots of them see a ST as a badge of honour"I'm a better supporter than you"kinda thing,I used to do it myself.

When sitting in a boozer or at a party or what ever, and a conversation about football sparked up,you would listen to people's debates and go along with what was being said and then find out that this guy hasn't got a ST and only goes to a select few games.FFS made my blood boil,how can he have a view when it's me who goes every week and they are all listening to him!

But then I grew up and realised you don't have to have a ST to be a "real Hearts supporter" ,christ my dad only had one because my sister worked at Tynecastle and got 2 free STs for the terracing for 2-3 years,I however continued to get one but my dad didn't and he is no less a Hearts supporter than me.

He would put to shame most posters on here at the amout off games he attended.

So no you don't need a ST to be a Hearts supporter,it only makes some of them feel abit bigger about themselfs,just read some of the posts to find that out.

Nelly Terraces

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone found out exactly how many people have bought season tickets so far? Guess they may release some kind of figure come 1st May.

For the record I've not bought mine yet, and it looks doubtful whether I will do so. After 30 years, I dunno if I can be ersed watching another season of dross and being lied to by the mugs in charge. I actually hate the vast majority of players at HMFC and have zero respect for any of them, and the clowns in charge are beyond the pale really.

Colonel Kurtz
Have metionedit before,you see lots of them see a ST as a badge of honour"I'm a better supporter than you"kinda thing,I used to do it myself.

When sitting in a boozer or at a party or what ever, and a conversation about football sparked up,you would listen to people's debates and go along with what was being said and then find out that this guy hasn't got a ST and only goes to a select few games.FFS made my blood boil,how can he have a view when it's me who goes every week and they are all listening to him!

But then I grew up and realised you don't have to have a ST to be a "real Hearts supporter" ,christ my dad only had one because my sister worked at Tynecastle and got 2 free STs for the terracing for 2-3 years,I however continued to get one but my dad didn't and he is no less a Hearts supporter than me.

He would put to shame most posters on here at the amout off games he attended.

So no you don't need a ST to be a Hearts supporter,it only makes some of them feel abit bigger about themselfs,just read some of the posts to find that out.

no

a s/t is more about convenience,I have had one for about 40 odd years,but my individual choice not to renew if the january 1 statement was yet another lie.

If other supporters choose to renew then that is their choice and goodluck to them.

I predict the spin about how well Frail has done will start soon,they will also use the shortfall in st revenue as a reason for no signings of note,despite the fact that none would have ben sanctioned anyway.

Archived