The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

After my dog running off and going missing for 3 hours tonight I'm now fully on board with the fireworks seethe.

That must have been a nightmare for you, glad you got him/her back. 

Our older dog was a quivering wreck last night, wouldn't have dreamed of taking him out. I took the youngster out for a walk during the shock and awe and he wasn't bothered at all; just stood watching the fireworks.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This new wave of comedians that just appear everywhere. 

We've already had to put up with the likes of Jack Whitehall and Michael Mcintyre polluting our screens.

Now.....

James Acaster

Tom Allen

Sarah Pascoe

...to name a few are more common than Covid. Who decided these folk were funny? 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Shot off like a rocket, did he? 

Sorry... hope he's safe and well. :) 

I'm going to give you that one!

29 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

That must have been a nightmare for you, glad you got him/her back. 

Our older dog was a quivering wreck last night, wouldn't have dreamed of taking him out. I took the youngster out for a walk during the shock and awe and he wasn't bothered at all; just stood watching the fireworks.

Was horrible enough for us, poor wee thing must have been petrified herself. Without Facebook she might have still been out there so I'm thankful for that, and the many people who came out to help look for her.

She doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects from the ordeal. 

51 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

This new wave of comedians that just appear everywhere. 

We've already had to put up with the likes of Jack Whitehall and Michael Mcintyre polluting our screens.

Now.....

James Acaster

Tom Allen

Sarah Pascoe

...to name a few are more common than Covid. Who decided these folk were funny? 

I actually dont mind tom allen, the other 2 though,  can't stand them.

Public sale of fireworks should be ****ing banned.  It's all jakie ****s who buy them anyway, who get pished and launch them at all times from when it gets dark, right through to stupid o'clock in the morning.

The dogs across the road from me were going mental last night, and no wonder.  I now live in a nice quiet area where there's barely a noise, and suddenly it was like someone was invading for 10 minutes.  Back to quiet for half an hour, then some other wankers started  Went on from about 5pm, and the last ones were going off at 1:30am.  Dogs must have wondered what the hell was going on.

If they are allowed to be sold, at the very least the ones that go off like artillery strikes should be ****ing banned.  There is absolutely no need to try and replicate a small wartime shelling, and they should only be allowed to sell the ones that make a flash with as minimal a bang as possible.  Loud fireworks should be saved for one-off public events, like New Year, and not to arseholes in residential areas.

If you want to witness explosions like that, **** off and join the army.

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Public sale of fireworks should be ****ing banned.  It's all jakie ****s who buy them anyway, who get pished and launch them at all times from when it gets dark, right through to stupid o'clock in the morning.

The dogs across the road from me were going mental last night, and no wonder.  I now live in a nice quiet area where there's barely a noise, and suddenly it was like someone was invading for 10 minutes.  Back to quiet for half an hour, then some other wankers started  Went on from about 5pm, and the last ones were going off at 1:30am.  Dogs must have wondered what the hell was going on.

If they are allowed to be sold, at the very least the ones that go off like artillery strikes should be ****ing banned.  There is absolutely no need to try and replicate a small wartime shelling, and they should only be allowed to sell the ones that make a flash with as minimal a bang as possible.  Loud fireworks should be saved for one-off public events, like New Year, and not to arseholes in residential areas.

If you want to witness explosions like that, **** off and join the army.

:spoton:

What kind of society allows the purchase of potentially deadly explosives to the public?  At the very least these things can maim and disfigure for life.  That's no to mention the stress caused to animals and, although I am not an expert, I am sure people with PTSD caused by combat situations. 

"Hello, I would like to open a pop up shop in this vacant shop"

"No problem sir.  What is it you'll be selling" 

"Just some cheap explosives you know; 50 shot airbombs that if they work as they're supposed to, won't melt the face off your wife and kids".  

Shambles.  

Riddley Walker
On 30/10/2020 at 23:10, Herbert said:

I got thrown out of sainsbury's tonight after the security took offence to me asking them to stand back from me. I was waiting to pay and they stood about 6inches away from me to discuss someone they thought was shop lifting. They tried to deny it then they followed me and one was pushing into me using his belly and trying to intimidate me. 

****ing jumped up prick. I did give him lip on the way out because I never done anything wrong in the first place.

What did you steal?

12 incidents of fire brigade getting attacked whilst attending call outs . 

BAN THE SALE OF FIREWORKS to the public 

8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I lost all faith in fireworks. The night,a few years ago, when I looked out my window on the 5th November and saw my old neighbour stagger toward an unlit firework with a lighter in one hand and a can of Stella in the other.

EDIT: Actually. Thinking about it. That should read ‘I lost faith in the human race handling fireworks the night I saw my neighbour’...ya de ye

Edited by iantjambo

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I lost all faith in fireworks. The night,a few years ago, when I looked out my window on the 5th November and saw my old neighbour stagger toward an unlit firework with a lighter in one hand and a can of Stella in the other.

EDIT: Actually. Thinking about it. That should read ‘I lost faith in the human race handling fireworks the night I saw my neighbour’...ya de ye

When my boys were wee i would go round to my friends where some fireworks were

set off , that was it, maybe 20 minutes worth, now it goes on for weeks prior 

to the event, but 1-30 and 3-40 in the morning is strange behaviour.

16 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Absolutely !!     Wasn't the Scottish figure something like 1000 call-outs on the night ? And as you say, several crews getting attacked.    Paramedics and police get it too.    Nov 5th is just another  excuse for  dafties to cause mayhem now.    Its embarrassing and shameful that our lovely country has such a high number of utter scumbags  living in it.   Does the likes of Germany & Norway have the same scale of problem with neds/junkies/drunks ? 

On 06/11/2020 at 10:46, Sooperstar said:

I'm going to give you that one!

Was horrible enough for us, poor wee thing must have been petrified herself. Without Facebook she might have still been out there so I'm thankful for that, and the many people who came out to help look for her.

She doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects from the ordeal. 

Glad to hear you got her back  👍 - the poor thing must have been terrified with all these bangs and flashes.  Terrible for you too trying to find her.       My big-eared lurcher was shaking for hours, although she's not as bad as she used to be - she used to run and try to hide under chairs, and wouldn't come out for hours.

Horatio Caine

Guido Fawkes.  Well know Scot.  Why do we bother with this in Scotland? Anybody trying to blow up Parliament today would be locked up for life for terrorism.  Why do we `celebrate` this? I know some will say it's because he was thwarted that we celebrate it - really?  Absolutely these dangerous toys for areseholes should be permanently banned.  Fire Brigade should campaign very strongly for it.

Wife works in an East Lothian secondary school. 3 times in the last month, just for kicks, the glass fire alarms have been smashed, each time the Fire Brigade pitches up, it costs the school/council/you & I £250.

Fireworks fired at cars passing by, at people in the streets, at windows of high-rise flats, thrown into buses at bus stops, Just Eat bikes torched, cars torched, public park picnic benches torched, trees set alight, emergency service providers attacked, general drunken-ness and arsehole behaviour all round.
Even Arthur's Seat was set ablaze again on the night of the 5th.

Not to mention the panic and terror caused to pets and other animals.

It's well past time that fireworks were banned from public sale.

Dennis Reynolds

Some jackey woman sparking up a ciggerette in a full bus shelter. Told her to bolt and she proceeded to move to the doorway bit where people get on/off. Aye nae bother hen.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Fireworks fired at cars passing by, at people in the streets, at windows of high-rise flats, thrown into buses at bus stops, Just Eat bikes torched, cars torched, public park picnic benches torched, trees set alight, emergency service providers attacked, general drunken-ness and arsehole behaviour all round.
Even Arthur's Seat was set ablaze again on the night of the 5th.

Not to mention the panic and terror caused to pets and other animals.

It's well past time that fireworks were banned from public sale.

I’ve experienced fireworks hitting the vehicle I was driving being hit with a firework , thankfully bounced of the front window without going off but what a fright I got 

I’ve just read about a hit and run yesterday on the West Approach Road. Some absolute scumbag hit a 6 year old kid on a pedestrian crossing and didn’t stop. 
So if anyone knows someone with a grey Skoda with damage to one of its mirrors...

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Two fireworks just went off somewhere near my house. No way were they something you could buy legally out of a shop in the UK. 

It’s the same for us , beyond a ****ing joke 😡😡😡

29 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just read about a hit and run yesterday on the West Approach Road. Some absolute scumbag hit a 6 year old kid on a pedestrian crossing and didn’t stop. 
So if anyone knows someone with a grey Skoda with damage to one of its mirrors...

Scumbag as you say , but, Edinburgh city council in their infinite wisdom of allowing bus stops and putting pedestrian crossings on a road that clearly states NO PEDESTRIANS at all 4 entrances of the road are partly complicit in this . 
It wouldn’t surprise me if they allow bikes along there shortly too. 

Hope the wee boy/girl is okay and the driver is caught . 

21 hours ago, Tazio said:

Drove past there a few minutes after - didn't realise what had happened , just saw the ambulances and police cars. So hope they get the scumbag who drove off. Hope the wee kid isn't too badly injured

Here we go again with more "temporary" Spaces for People measures by the anti vehicle CeC!

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/news/article/13021/refining-and-expanding-upon-edinburgh-s-spaces-for-people-initiatives

The proposal for a bus gate, fixed cycleway and wider pavements on South Bridge are mind boggling!

All tis on the back of 4000 responses to their limited consultation exercise. Using the Covid powers to steamroller these ideas through and I'll bet when we are out of Covid they will claim the measures were so successful and popular that they will make them permanent.

19 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Here we go again with more "temporary" Spaces for People measures by the anti vehicle CeC!

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/news/article/13021/refining-and-expanding-upon-edinburgh-s-spaces-for-people-initiatives

The proposal for a bus gate, fixed cycleway and wider pavements on South Bridge are mind boggling!

All tis on the back of 4000 responses to their limited consultation exercise. Using the Covid powers to steamroller these ideas through and I'll bet when we are out of Covid they will claim the measures were so successful and popular that they will make them permanent.

They won't even do that, Edinburgh Clowncil have already (compared to other councils) failed to hold back a reasonable % of the funds from Scot Gov to reverse the measures after covid, they have no intention of doing so and will simply claim that it is too costly to reverse.

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Embra Coonsil elections are on the 12th Nov.

Now's yer chance.

Isn't that just the craigentinny/duddingston by-election?

Covid delays profitability date for tram extension - from today's Times

I suspect this will also have an impact on the finances for the first phase.

Tram Ext.jpeg

I moved my old mum into a care home 3 months ago. One of the many things I had to do was to close her Gas & Electric account with her supplier (SSE). She was in credit by well over £100 and they said they would post the refund cheque out.

STILL WAITING!!!

Phoned them up 3 weeks ago and complained. They said they sent it (I double checked the address) and told them I had not received it. So they arranged for another one to be sent.

STILL WAITING!!!

I called them AGAIN this morning and was on hold for 29 minutes and then went through the same shite again which ended up in them saying they will issue ANOTHER refund cheque but it will take "7 to 10 working days" somehow.

Shoddy behaviour.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Dagger Is Back
On 05/11/2020 at 22:34, Sooperstar said:

After my dog running off and going missing for 3 hours tonight I'm now fully on board with the fireworks seethe.

Glad you got your dog back safely

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Cheers, Dagger.

Sorry matey got distracted and pressed enter by mistake. Must have been the longest 3 hours for you. We lost our Duke for about 3 minutes the other day and my ticker was booming away big style 

Re fireworks. Thankfully our neighbour had the good grace to at least ask if we minded him setting some off. Even better when we said we’d rather he didn’t.

The sooner they ban them other than for organised displays the better

9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Sorry matey got distracted and pressed enter by mistake. Must have been the longest 3 hours for you. We lost our Duke for about 3 minutes the other day and my ticker was booming away big style 

Re fireworks. Thankfully our neighbour had the good grace to at least ask if we minded him setting some off. Even better when we said we’d rather he didn’t.

The sooner they ban them other than for organised displays the better

Don't be daft, no need to apologise.

Aye, it was a stressful time and a few drinks were had once we got her back home. We were lucky in the end as she had crossed Maybury Road and Queensferry Road, which are both very busy. She is now terrified of fireworks but thankfully not to the point where she is cowering away in the flat.

Dagger Is Back
52 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Don't be daft, no need to apologise.

Aye, it was a stressful time and a few drinks were had once we got her back home. We were lucky in the end as she had crossed Maybury Road and Queensferry Road, which are both very busy. She is now terrified of fireworks but thankfully not to the point where she is cowering away in the flat.

Jesus that’s a horrendous experience for all of you. Glad it all worked out OK and reckon you well deserved a few drinks. I’ll bet she was cuddled like never before

Just before 10 this morning an adult male cyclist was using the cycle lane on the wrong side of the road through the Meadows going towards the Dick Vet! Why put himself and others at risk?

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Malinga the Swinga

The smugness of certain posters on here makes me seethe. The ones who use long sentences to say nothing and talk as though they know everything. Then they have their pals (or other logons)  who come on and immediately back them up. Either they both post or neither does. 

God they make me seethe. 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The smugness of certain posters on here makes me seethe. The ones who use long sentences to say nothing and talk as though they know everything. Then they have their pals (or other logons)  who come on and immediately back them up. Either they both post or neither does. 

God they make me seethe. 

I agree, and fully back this post up.  Good work. :whistling: 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Very well done 

Nah in all fairness, it's a very good seethe.  Especially the obvious ones that try so hard to go against the grain of the discussion.

Fortunately, it's just a message board and it's easy to scroll past and not take any notice of a handful of comments, but when a good thread is derailed completely, it does leave me :seething:

I P Knightley

See if someone asks you whether "straightforward" is two words and then you say, "no". Is it really necessary to ask whether it's one word?

And then when she does the exact same for "backdated" and when she's asked whether it's one word, you say, "FFS, how many words could it be if it's not two?" - is that being unreasonable?

That women's in my living room again on a video chat. I don't think she knows how to make a normal call anymore. F*£& off sausage face! 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

And if I see one more corporate communication saying, "...during these unprecedented times...", I'll be very cross indeed!

Ah, the British nuclear option. 

I P Knightley
On 06/11/2020 at 08:55, 3fingersreid said:

Zoe Ball she’s bad enough but she’s got that prick Tom Allen on , is there a worse combination? 
The worst radio presenter on the air waves ( J Vine V Felts run her close) and the least funny “ comedian “ to be discovered in the last 5 years 

I've tuned off Radio 2 because of her; much to the dismay of a pal of mine who works on her programme. He's Radio 2 through and through so won't say a bad word about her but you can tell he thinks she's an annoying twit. Doesn't matter who she has on with her; she says "tellybox" and "holibobs" and she can just "fukkyoff".

Like others, I can tolerate Tom Allen, though.

Good bit of Radio 4 first thing, nowadays; although I do tune in for Popmaster still.

SectionDJambo
On 10/11/2020 at 13:37, Stuart Lyon said:

Just before 10 this morning an adult male cyclist was using the cycle lane on the wrong side of the road through the Meadows going towards the Dick Vet! Why put himself and others at risk?

Quite recently, I saw a young adult doing a wheely on his bicycle, on the wrong side of the road, on the A7 at the old Lady Victoria mine. For guys who don't know the area, it's a very busy stretch of road with entry points on it from a couple of directions and bends at either end where traffic regularly moves fairly quickly round from.

Was thinking, at the time, about how the driver of any vehicle who hit him would have been judged without all the facts being known, and the torment that any unfortunate driver would have suffered.

15 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've tuned off Radio 2 because of her; much to the dismay of a pal of mine who works on her programme. He's Radio 2 through and through so won't say a bad word about her but you can tell he thinks she's an annoying twit. Doesn't matter who she has on with her; she says "tellybox" and "holibobs" and she can just "fukkyoff".

Like others, I can tolerate Tom Allen, though.

Good bit of Radio 4 first thing, nowadays; although I do tune in for Popmaster still.

I’m glad it’s not just me then that can’t stand that tellybox shit . 

I will however use your fukkyoff to that unfunny T Allen , he’s only a few years behind Graham Norton ( who’s leaving radio2) & Allan Carr in that comedy niche . 

I P Knightley
17 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m glad it’s not just me then that can’t stand that tellybox shit . 

I will however use your fukkyoff to that unfunny T Allen , he’s only a few years behind Graham Norton ( who’s leaving radio2) & Allan Carr in that comedy niche . 

'sfunny. I used to hate Graham Norton for doing what Larry Grayson had done many years before but I now really like him. Something about Allan Carr really gets my back up. Tom Allen, though, I can bear.

42 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

'sfunny. I used to hate Graham Norton for doing what Larry Grayson had done many years before but I now really like him. Something about Allan Carr really gets my back up. Tom Allen, though, I can bear.

Let’s face it, Sacha Baron Cohen founded his glittering career copying something Paul Kaye did years before ....