The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Bit harsh on the hobo, they did win on saturday, lol.   as for folk on their phones, cant even come off them when crossing a road, oh wait, its the drivers responsibility to watch out for them, beyond me.

As before Harry

The drivers don't notice as they have their face in their phones also.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SectionDJambo

On mobile phone use.

I've seen this for years, but it was evident again today when I was out for a walk. Mothers, having gone to collect their kids from school, walking home glued to their phones,  instead of interacting with those kids. Paying absolutely no attention to the bored youngsters shuffling along about 2 yards behind them. If any of the kids stood still for a while, the mother probably wouldn't notice until there was a fair distance between them. All happening next to a reasonably busy road.

Talk to your kids, you eejits. Leave the bloody mobile at home.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

On mobile phone use.

I've seen this for years, but it was evident again today when I was out for a walk. Mothers, having gone to collect their kids from school, walking home glued to their phones,  instead of interacting with those kids. Paying absolutely no attention to the bored youngsters shuffling along about 2 yards behind them. If any of the kids stood still for a while, the mother probably wouldn't notice until there was a fair distance between them. All happening next to a reasonably busy road.

One of my pet hates too . Poor kids nowadays 

15 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

On mobile phone use.

What primary school kid has a mobile phone? Pretty sure i didnt have a personal phone till I was in high school. Mental. 

JudyJudyJudy
50 minutes ago, Negan said:

What primary school kid has a mobile phone? Pretty sure i didnt have a personal phone till I was in high school. Mental. 

He said the mothers are on the phone . Not the kids 

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Correct

il Duce McTarkin
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

My 5 and 3 year olds sneaks into my room at 6am and nick my phone while they think I'm sleep. They then bugger off downstairs to watch folk paying Minecraft on Youtube. Gives me an extra 10 mins in bed before they trash the kitchen looking for breakfast.

No way they are getting their own phone until they're teenagers.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

3 year olds sneaks into my room at 6am and nick my phone while they think I'm sleep. They then bugger off downstairs to watch folk paying Minecraft on Youtube. Gives me an extra

Sure they aren’t posting on JKB ,, 😂😂 wee mini Dirks ! Probably post more sense than some ! 😎

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sure they aren’t posting on JKB ,, 😂😂 wee mini Dirks ! Probably post more sense than some ! 😎

Would post more sense than me, that's for sure. The wee ^***s have worked out whatsapp video calls, so spam up my contacts list at random.

It's actually frightening how technologically astute that they are. The big one can make videos with a samsung tablet then cast them to the big telly. That's usually how I find out where his tanks and toy sodiers are in the flower beds.

They know how to use the voice function to search for things on youtube that they want instructions for. I'm dreading the day that they fancy building a flame thrower.

It's a difficult one to judge as this is the world that they grew up in and they'll probably never know or understand an analogue one. What isn't in doubt is that parents need to put the phone down and spend the precious time that they have with their kids.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I misread that. Shite behaviour.

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Would post more sense than me, that's for sure. The wee ^***s have worked out whatsapp video calls, so spam up my contacts list at random.

It's actually frightening how technologically astute that they are. The big one can make videos with a samsung tablet then cast them to the big telly. That's usually how I find out where his tanks and toy sodiers are in the flower beds.

They know how to use the voice function to search for things on youtube that they want instructions for. I'm dreading the day that they fancy building a flame thrower.

It's a difficult one to judge as this is the world that they grew up in and they'll probably never know or understand an analogue one. What isn't in doubt is that parents need to put the phone down and spend the precious time that they have with their kids.

Yes my youngest great nephew ! I’m that old now is 5 and he’s very tablet literate and savvy ! Incredible . But that’s how Is now . Times Change . As long as it’s time limited for wee ones that’s not an issue 

. lovely insight into the Mctarkin household btw 👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Negan said:

I misread that. Shite behaviour.

Should be hung , drawn and quartered I reckon . Least it wasn’t a  grammatical error . You’d be hung right away 😂

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Should be hung , drawn and quartered I reckon . Least it wasn’t a  grammatical error . You’d be hung right away 😂

By the usual suspects. 

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Negan said:

By the usual suspects. 

Oh yes ! 

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

1200 people influence major policy decisions in walking, wheeling and cycling in Edinburgh.

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/news/article/13941/edinburghs-walking-wheeling-and-cycling-trends-revealed-in-new-data

Don't fecking start me on that lot (and i'll throw Spokes into the mix as well)

Tiny groups enjoying massive influence over this city. Able to work on lobbying and influencing full time to make driving as difficult as possible, all so they can take their little darlings to the nearest playpark.

il Duce McTarkin
On 16/03/2024 at 08:37, Tommy Brown said:

I've got a quarter circle patio done in monoblocs when we moved in over 20 years ago. Hate them now, cleaning them and weeds growing between the blocks is a pain.

Keep threatening to do the above with it.

Without the holes. But it would have to be putting practice suitable.

Get a wee karcher or some such like, Tommy. The small ones are as cheap as chips these days and work well for limited domestic jobs.

Spellczech
On 15/03/2024 at 22:45, JudyJudyJudy said:

Think Jake Gyllenhall is starring  in it . God knows why he is starring  in something like this . He’s one of the great actors of today 

Suspect there is a gap in the action film genre - basically Jason Statham has it sown up right now...Road House was the crappiest plot of any action movie ever though...

SectionDJambo
31 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

My favourite part of the day is walking my son to school. I leave my phone at home. 

That’s how it should be. Talking to your young kids is a pleasure and helps them enormously.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't fecking start me on that lot (and i'll throw Spokes into the mix as well)

Tiny groups enjoying massive influence over this city. Able to work on lobbying and influencing full time to make driving as difficult as possible, all so they can take their little darlings to the nearest playpark.

Only surprise is that sustrans managed to send the survey to a handful of people that didn't 100% support their agenda

5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I know a couple of sustrans folk. Less tolerant, narrow minded folk you’d be hard pushed to find, even on KB. 

I can imagine, i'd also bet if someone setup a pro-driving lobby group with 5/10/20 times the membership of sustrans they'd find it much more difficult to get anytime or representation from Scott Arthur and his cronies

cheetah
5 hours ago, Negan said:

While there is variation, the Ofcom report showed that most children acquire their first phone between the ages of 9 and 11, during which phone ownership rises from 44% to 91%.

The attitude of shop staff really grinds me these days. The young lads who work at ONETEK phone repair shop on Gorgie road were very unhelpful and rude. If you don't like a customer facing role, don't do the job. There is no need to be arrogant and unhelpful. Not one to give online reviews on trip advisor etc, but I'm tempted to. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

What happened?

He was a bit miffed trying to get this updated 😳

th-2163051557.jpg

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Get a wee karcher or some such like, Tommy. The small ones are as cheap as chips these days and work well for limited domestic jobs.

Got one, all the mucky water pours down onto next door's patio.

Got to be quick or make sure he isn't in. 

:lol:

Quite impressed with his monblocks.

He uses Wet and Forget, pricey, seems worth it though. They look good 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Cyclists on pavements. 

Arsehole even rang his bell to get me to move. Hope he crashes. 

Should've sworn at him and gestured rowards him. There's no way you'd go to jail if anything nasty befell the hapless twat.

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Cyclists on pavements. 

Oh yes ! My 83 years old friend goes radge when he sees this . Shouts manically at them 😂

Libertarian
44 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh yes ! My 83 years old friend goes radge when he sees this . Shouts manically at them 😂

I had a pal who used to carry golf balls in his pockets. When I asked him why he explained that they were to throw at arrogant cyclists. 🤣

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I had a pal who used to carry golf balls in his pockets. When I asked him why he explained that they were to throw at arrogant cyclists. 🤣

😂😂😂😎

Sainsbury's Murrayfield again. A bit trivial I know but, when I have coupons to use that bump up my Nectar Card points, I expect them to work when I hand them to the checkout person. Spent about 40 quid expecting triple points but lassie on the checkout just sits there and says 'they're no scanning', followed up with 'sometimes that happens' and gave me them back. No attempt at even trying to figure out a solution, no manager called, feck all. Aye, cheers, thanks for your absolutely piss poor customer service there. Wanks.

SectionDJambo

I like to cycle for exercise, in Midlothian, but I can understand how motorists and pedestrians, in Edinburgh, can get annoyed with some cyclists. Some seem to have a sense of entitlement that other road, or pavement, users have to move out of the way or be more considerate than they are.

Why, for instance, do some cyclists think it’s appropriate to squeeze past a line of cars to plonk themselves in front of a queue waiting at traffic lights, only to hold everyone up while they crawl over the junction? Why can’t they take their turn like everyone else has to? I can honestly say that I’ve never jumped a queue at any junction or hold up when I’ve been out cycling. It’s only good manners and less dangerous.

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Cyclists on pavements. 

th-415548182.jpg

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I like to cycle for exercise, in Midlothian, but I can understand how motorists and pedestrians, in Edinburgh, can get annoyed with some cyclists. Some seem to have a sense of entitlement that other road, or pavement, users have to move out of the way or be more considerate than they are.

Why, for instance, do some cyclists think it’s appropriate to squeeze past a line of cars to plonk themselves in front of a queue waiting at traffic lights, only to hold everyone up while they crawl over the junction? Why can’t they take their turn like everyone else has to? I can honestly say that I’ve never jumped a queue at any junction or hold up when I’ve been out cycling. It’s only good manners and less dangerous.

removing all these orange cyclist markings at the front of traffic lights would be a start 

PaddysBar
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Ditto (cycling in Midlothian). 

I sometimes wait in traffic at a light but if it’s safe to go to the front box I will. 

Car drivers don’t bat an eyelid when a motor cyclist does this (filtering which is legal) but seem to lose the plot when a cyclist does.  

Agree on a different attitude in Edinburgh, bikes on pavements, not stopping at the green man etc. 

As (I think) @Tazio once said, there are people who own bikes and there are cyclists, a big difference. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, JWL said:

Sainsbury's Murrayfield again. A bit trivial I know but, when I have coupons to use that bump up my Nectar Card points, I expect them to work when I hand them to the checkout person. Spent about 40 quid expecting triple points but lassie on the checkout just sits there and says 'they're no scanning', followed up with 'sometimes that happens' and gave me them back. No attempt at even trying to figure out a solution, no manager called, feck all. Aye, cheers, thanks for your absolutely piss poor customer service there. Wanks.

Yeo I’ve noticed that customer service in various places has went down hill . Had similar incident in another shop 

Stuart Lyon
18 hours ago, Ribble said:

and the latest from CEC, buses and taxi's only 7am to 7pm on dalry road from haymarket to mcleod street

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-roads-proposals-for-dalry-road-include-ban-on-through-traffic-new-cycle-lanes-improved-junction-4560614

Can't read the article because it's behind a paywall. Does it say what Llidl, the Co-Op and other businesses in Dairy Road think about the proposal? Isn't there a PO sorting office off Dairy Road?

32 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Can't read the article because it's behind a paywall. Does it say what Llidl, the Co-Op and other businesses in Dairy Road think about the proposal? Isn't there a PO sorting office off Dairy Road?

Of course it doesn’t include any of the negative impacts, just blabbers on about how great wide pavements will be 

Konrad von Carstein

PMQ's!

A fugging farce...like a couple of toddlers having incoherent tantrums!

the electorate deserve much better!

henrysmithsgloves
46 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That's him! Total bully.

🤣🤣

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That's him! Total bully.

Those days are gone, where a clip round the earhole sorted them out.

We are too namby pamby nowadays.

I was given many back in the day, never done me any harm. I dish out, let them know they're not getting away it, even if they've done nothing wrong. Stop the little *******s from even thinking about it.

henrysmithsgloves

Chimney blocked again 🤬 got it swept at start of year, I wonder if there's a Kentucky fried rook stuck up there🤣 hopefully can get a sweep before weekend,Mrs has threatened to keep me warm 😳

Harry Potter

Radio this morning talking about voicenote, is that the same as voicemail, 😕.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Radio this morning talking about voicenote, is that the same as voicemail, 😕.

Sort of, it's voicemails that sit in a message thread from that person in either your text messages or on whatsapp etc, mrs ribble uses them all the time and I hate them, especially when i'm at work when it's much easier just to read a text

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sort of, it's voicemails that sit in a message thread from that person in either your text messages or on whatsapp etc, mrs ribble uses them all the time and I hate them, especially when i'm at work when it's much easier just to read a text

I refuse to listen to any voice notes from anyone. 

iantjambo
30 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Mrs Tjambo uses them to message some of her pals. It’s a pain in the arse when you’re watching something and she says “Oh, pause it for a minute so that I can listen to these messages”. I’m then sitting for 10 minutes waiting and moaning that I want to start watching again.

F*****g hate the things. I see where they could be helpful for people who are unable to type. But if you can type, then f*****g type!

Sooperstar
32 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Seems to be a female thing. A few years ago my mate got so fed up with his wife using voice notes he knocked her phone out her hand and it smashed on the floor.

Either call or text. It’s not hard. 

Going by his comments on the F1 thread voice notes are all the rage in @Seaside Dave and his mates football WhatsApp chat. 

Stuart Lyon

Hamilton Waste skip lorry driver who just decided to stop on the northbound side of the link road between Fountainbridge and the West Approach Rd this morning. He was about a car's length from the entrance to the road and put his hazard lights on and disappeared. I blasted the horn a few times but eventually had to get out and found him talking to someone at the gate of the building site. When challenged he asked me where he was supposed to stop. I told him that was his problem and he got back in his cab and moved onto the nearby pavement! The situation was not helped by the southbound side being backed-up due to traffic congestion caused by temporary light east of the junction.

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That’s way over my head. 

There's no hidden message. He just mentioned that he had spent some time in the early hours of Sunday morning catching up with a load of voice notes from his mates. 

Seaside Dave
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Going by his comments on the F1 thread voice notes are all the rage in @Seaside Dave and his mates football WhatsApp chat. 

Aye different sort of voice notes lol boys at a rave boys not making any sense 😂😂