The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

14 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Paid a ridiculous amount for a hot dog in Vienna town centre. Fair enough - tourist prices. Then the guy tried to shaft me out of €1 in change. Prick. 

Much was the hd in Vtc? I have a OMG! or a WTF! primed...:P

Edited by OBE

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

There should be a massive tax on anyone driving a Range Rover in the city. Absolutely ridiculous vehicles to be using on crowded streets.

There is already a tax, Vehicle Excise Duty that's pretty steep for big cars like that. Also what does it matter how crowded the street is so long as the car's not wider than the lane it is in?

Carl Fredrickson

Took my car into Edinburgh for the first time in a long time due to a work commitment. I had heard about road works and road closures but experiencing it was worse than I imagined it would be. A horrible city to try and drive round. 

Last night’s episode of Death In Paradise. You’d have thought at least one of the electricians on the shoot would have pointed out that the electric cable used to carry out the murder was the wrong way around and was the plug end and not the socket that the power would have been coming from. Though even if it had been the right was around it was an IP rated cee-form so wouldn’t have worked the way it was used immediately. 

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Last night’s episode of Death In Paradise. You’d have thought at least one of the electricians on the shoot would have pointed out that the electric cable used to carry out the murder was the wrong way around and was the plug end and not the socket that the power would have been coming from. Though even if it had been the right was around it was an IP rated cee-form so wouldn’t have worked the way it was used immediately. 

:lol: 

Sooperstar
17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This right here. This is the thread. 

55 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Took my car into Edinburgh for the first time in a long time due to a work commitment. I had heard about road works and road closures but experiencing it was worse than I imagined it would be. A horrible city to try and drive round. 

Council, winning...

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, OBE said:

Council, winning...

Living outside Edinburgh it has put me off going in. I am not a tourist so I am not welcome by CEC. 

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Living outside Edinburgh it has put me off going in. I am not a tourist so I am not welcome by CEC. 

I commute, East Lothian to West Edinburgh, no other option, strange shifts, I detest it. Any other events up town, it's the train from Prestonpans, 12 minute journey. Coming home, there is the luxury of a toilet...:sweatdrop: 

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, OBE said:

I commute, East Lothian to West Edinburgh, no other option, strange shifts, I detest it. Any other events up town, it's the train from Prestonpans, 12 minute journey. Coming home, there is the luxury of a toilet...:sweatdrop: 

Precovid I commuted from Gorebridge to Meadowbank with an office car park. Work nights out were by train though the walk up the hill home pished was always a challenge. 

Work from home now and rarely in town. Festival time went in to Ocean Terminal and got the tram into town. 

The roads are awful too. Used to be a great city but the council are spoiling it for drivers. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I never go near the city centre now, tbh i dont need to, but you never know what streets are closed or some other stupid system in place, theres a car park behind scotmid (Dalry road) thats where i park if i have some unfortunate reason to go up the city centre .

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

There is already a tax, Vehicle Excise Duty that's pretty steep for big cars like that. Also what does it matter how crowded the street is so long as the car's not wider than the lane it is in?

It's the creeping increase in the size of cars. Totally unecessary for what is usually just a school run and a quick commute to work or back home.

The drivers are also invariably selfish and seem unable to park inbetween two white lines.

henrysmithsgloves
22 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Chelsea tractors are often larger than parking bays, as well as being extremely heavy, doing further damage to the already shitty roads. 

What weight are the " green" electric vehicles, often as much as the Chelsea tractors😮 any time I go into Edinburgh, it's by train, it's quicker and less stressful 😎

ArcticJambo

Strangely enough, if I can get into central Edinburgh with the car it seems a breeze from there (quiet not surprisingly :lol:  ), it's accessing (and leaving that centre) that's the tricky part.  Leith Walk would have probably worked better than the Antonine wall for the Romans had they chosen to design it that way. When Holyrood Park is closed than entails no end of shitty routes required. Bypass, don't get me started. Driving after dark is like being in Escape from New York, and that's just me trying to get out my own street!

Aye, it's a mess.

19 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Strangely enough, if I can get into central Edinburgh with the car it seems a breeze from there (quiet not surprisingly :lol:  ), it's accessing (and leaving that centre) that's the tricky part.  Leith Walk would have probably worked better than the Antonine wall for the Romans had they chosen to design it that way. When Holyrood Park is closed than entails no end of shitty routes required. Bypass, don't get me started. Driving after dark is like being in Escape from New York, and that's just me trying to get out my own street!

Aye, it's a mess.

Funny you mention that....Leith Walk was laid over the line of a defensive rampart thrown up between Calton Hill and Leith in 1650 to halt Cromwell.

Edited by Cade

ArcticJambo
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Funny you mention that....Leith Walk was laid over the line of a defensive rampart thrown up between Calton Hill and Leith in 1650 to halt Cromwell.

That's right seem to remember reading something about that back in the day, related to the two mounds at the west end of the links.

36 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

That's right seem to remember reading something about that back in the day, related to the two mounds at the west end of the links.

Those were earlier, from the 1560 Siege of Leith.

Or maybe not.....historians and archaeologists argue about those two mounds(!)

Nobody can agree when they were made, or why, and no kind of evidence has been found in or around them.

cosanostra
11 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Paid a ridiculous amount for a hot dog in Vienna town centre. Fair enough - tourist prices. Then the guy tried to shaft me out of €1 in change. Prick. 

Was it the ones near the river where they push the roll down on that rod thing then fill the cavity with mustard and sauerkraut then chuck the hot dog in? They're superb.

ArcticJambo
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Those were earlier, from the 1560 Siege of Leith.

Or maybe not.....historians and archaeologists argue about those two mounds(!)

Nobody can agree when they were made, or why, and no kind of evidence has been found in or around them.

I'd like to get proper into the history tbqh but I never seem to find the time, just too lazy! Fascinating subject, Edinburgh /Leith/ I could go on with these slashes

1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

I'd like to get proper into the history tbqh but I never seem to find the time, just too lazy! Fascinating subject, Edinburgh /Leith/ I could go on with these slashes

Siege of Leith is a giggle.

James V of Scotland dies; his wee daughter (the future Mary Queen of Scots) is promised to English King Henry VIII's son Edward.

Mary of Guise, Mary's French mum, cancels the engagement and hooks Mary up with Francois, the Dauphin of France.

Henry VIII is not happy (when was he) and invades Leith to use as a strategic base in his war with Scotland to force the marriage to Edward back on.
Henry VIII then dies.

A French fleet sails up the Forth and takes Leith.

French fortify Leith over the coming years, with the main walls following the route of what are now Great Junction St and Constitution St.

Mary marries Francoise. King Henry II of France dies, Francois is now King and Mary is Queen of France. Francois dies of an ear infection.
Meanwhile, Scotland has become Protestant and the Lords of the Congregation tell Mary of Guise that her regency is over, wee Mary is coming back from France and would she please bugger off and take all her armies with her. Mary of Guise says I don't think so. Scotland then appeals to English Queen Elizabeth for aid.
Hearing this, Mary of Guise wishes her armies good luck and holes up in Edinburgh Castle which has been agreed as neutral ground by all parties.
The English arrive and set up camp at Restalrig (around the catholic shrine of St Triduana, patron saint of the blind who, in an effort to avoid the unwanted attentions of a Pictish King, had torn out her own eyes and gifted them to the King as he said he liked them. The chapel there has a natural spring which is said to be able to cure various vision problems)
Both sides have heavy cannon and spend a couple of weeks blowing the shite out of each other. The French launch sorties out of Leith to take out the English guns on Leith Links and in Pilrig Park but are chased back each time. Then the English try a frontal assault on the walls but their siege ladders are too short. Oops. 
Luckily, Mary of Guise then dies, making the entire war pointless.
The French feck off.

Edited by Cade

cosanostra
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That’s the one. Got some of the mustard on my white jumper, too…

Goddamn.

You been to any of the underground, beer places that sell the huge schnitzel and potato salad? 

Outstanding. Vienna is great.

il Duce McTarkin
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

James V of Scotland dies; his wee daughter (the future Mary Queen of Scots) is promised to English King Henry VIII's son Edward.

Mary of Guise, Mary's French mum, cancels the engagement and hooks Mary up with Francois, the Dauphin of France.

Henry VIII is not happy (when was he) and invades Leith to use as a strategic base in his war with Scotland to force the marriage to Edward back on.
Henry VIII then dies.

French fortify Leith over the coming years, with the main walls following the route of what are now Great Junction St and Constitution St.

Mary marries Francoise. King Henry II of France dies, Francois is now King and Mary is Queen of France. Francois dies of an ear infection.
Meanwhile, Scotland has become Protestant and the Lords of the Congregation tell Mary of Guise that her regency is over, wee Mary is coming back from France and would she please bugger off and take all her armies with her. Mary of Guise says I don't think so. Scotland then appeals to English Queen Elizabeth for aid.
Hearing this, Mary of Guise wishes her armies good luck and holes up in Edinburgh Castle which has been agreed as neutral ground by all parties.
The English arrive and set up camp at Restalrig (around the catholic shrine of St Triduana, patron saint of the blind who, in an effort to avoid the unwanted attentions of a Pictish King, had torn out her own eyes and gifted them to the King as he said he liked them. The chapel there has a natural spring which is said to be able to cure various vision problems)
Both sides have heavy cannon and spend a couple of weeks blowing the shite out of each other. The French launch sorties out of Leith to take out the English guns on Leith Links and in Pilrig Park but are chased back each time. Then the English try a frontal assault on the walls but their siege ladders are too short. Oops. 
The French feck off.

:sadrobbo:

All worthwhile imo.

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Henry VIII then dies.

The French feck off.

Next time on soap....😂

soap-tv-cast-abc.jpg

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Next time on soap....😂

soap-tv-cast-abc.jpg

I'm only just old enough to remember my folks watching that.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I'm only just old enough to remember my folks watching that.

:Aye:

henrysmithsgloves
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's the creeping increase in the size of cars. Totally unecessary for what is usually just a school run and a quick commute to work or back home.

My MK1 golf is smaller than the modern polo by a fair amount 😳

il Duce McTarkin
39 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

:Aye:

It was on past my bedtime on a primary school night. :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I recall it was on a Sunday night ( I think) it was very anarchic and had a host of very talented actors . Billy Crystal became the first really  positive “ visible “ homosexual on prime time tv playing a character with shade and depth unlike sterotypes like Mr Humphries in “ are you being served “? ( although I do love the programme ) 

henrysmithsgloves
5 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

😂😂

23 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

They now have an Hyundai battery car that makes pretend engine noises, ha ha,

WHY :facepalm:.

All battery cars should have artificial engine noises.

Can hear a twat with 1.1 with loud exhaust a mile away. Not so much twats in rapid Teslas...

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Use by dates that you need a microscope to read, joke, another conn.

Should go to Specsavers bud😉👍🏻

been here before
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Just open the packet, look at the food, give it a sniff and if all seems well try a wee bit. If it tastes fine then go for it. If it looks, smells or tastes manky then leave it.

Its how all animals, humans included, have survived for millenia.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Should go to Specsavers bud😉👍🏻

33 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just open the packet, look at the food, give it a sniff and if all seems well try a wee bit. If it tastes fine then go for it. If it looks, smells or tastes manky then leave it.

Its how all animals, humans included, have survived for millenia.

😃.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
22 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

The drivers are also invariably selfish and seem unable to park inbetween two white lines.

They're also the most dangerous cars on the road.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2019/08/15/restrict-twice-as-deadly-suvs-in-u-k-cities-urge-transport-data-scientists/?sh=6f63009f61e1

25 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They might well be the case but that article doesn't actually say that, the initial study was on engine size assuming that larger engines = SUV's 'he stresses, is that the 2-liter to 3-liter category shows a 2.4% fatality rate, and he states this “will be due to larger size and not just speed.' A quick look on autotrader and cars on sale with engines between 2 and 3ltrs, SUV's make up 38% of the results

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Ribble said:

They might well be the case but that article doesn't actually say that, the initial study was on engine size assuming that larger engines = SUV's 'he stresses, is that the 2-liter to 3-liter category shows a 2.4% fatality rate, and he states this “will be due to larger size and not just speed.' A quick look on autotrader and cars on sale with engines between 2 and 3ltrs, SUV's make up 38% of the results

Granted, but other reports suggest that, due to the sheer size of the SUV (or van), they kill more pedestrians than small cars.

https://www.theautopian.com/full-size-suvs-are-twice-as-likely-to-kill-pedestrians-as-cars-study/

henrysmithsgloves
4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Granted, but other reports suggest that, due to the sheer size of the SUV (or van), they kill more pedestrians than small cars.

https://www.theautopian.com/full-size-suvs-are-twice-as-likely-to-kill-pedestrians-as-cars-study/

Could the reason be,most are driven by females🤫 I sense a backlash is incoming 🤣

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Could the reason be,most are driven by females🤫 I sense a backlash is incoming 🤣

I don't disagree with that.

🤣

henrysmithsgloves
2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't disagree with that.

🤣

I'm just basing it on the Mrs,and my daughters driving history. Their cars have had more bangs than an Asian shop keepers shutters🤕🤫🤫😁

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I'm just basing it on the Mrs,and my daughters driving history. Their cars have had more bangs than an Asian shop keepers shutters🤕🤫🤫😁

Be male drivers banging in to them, no doubt.😕.

henrysmithsgloves
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Be male drivers banging in to them, no doubt.😕.

Dunno,but I would not sit on the same settee as them if it has wheels attached 😆

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Dunno,but I would not sit on the same settee as them if it has wheels attached 😆

harsh. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Oh tell me about it . However use your phone camera and take a pic then just expand the pic ! 

8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

images-6.jpeg

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh tell me about it . However use your phone camera and take a pic then just expand the pic ! 

Or if you have an iPhone click the side button 3 times and it turns the camera into a magnifying glass. 

PaddysBar
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Or if you have an iPhone click the side button 3 times and it turns the camera into a magnifying glass. 

Just tried that. Doesn’t work on my iPhone 14. 

On topic, pricks that don’t indicate.