• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PaddysBar
56 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Are you misreading?

Losing team's coach starts throwing his toys to get the game abandoned. The ref weakly gave in.

I was a bit confused at Ribble’s reply to be honest😀

PaddysBar
53 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Having to pretend you like other people.

Why would you spend time with people you don’t like and then pretend to like them?

Other than possibly at work maybe. 

Just ignore the ****ers. I don’t have any people in my life I don’t like, I just have nowt to do with them. 

12 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Are you misreading?

Losing team's coach starts throwing his toys to get the game abandoned. The ref weakly gave in.

Actually missed the part about the opposition coach, had took it as the ref made the decision off his own back, agree the ref was weak and should have told the opposition coach that with 20 mins still to play he should concentrate on getting his team back in the game. 

Edited by Ribble

11 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Why would you spend time with people you don’t like and then pretend to like them?

Just ignore the ****ers. I don’t have any people in my life I don’t like, I just have nowt to do with them. 

Sometimes it's just for an easy life, for instance the sister in laws bloke bores the tits off me and we have zero in common yet I pleasantly chat away with him at family events just to keep the peace

Harry Potter
On 21/01/2024 at 13:44, JudyJudyJudy said:

Bus drivers deliberately driving away just as you have attempted to nonchalantly ran for the bus , knowing full well he / she probably would do it . He did . I stuck the vickies up to him

then in train station went to buy some grub for train 🚆 a sausage roll £4.69 !!! Not a sausage on a roll ! I just looked and the guy asked what I wanted I just said “ naw “ 😂😂😎

IMG_2008.gif

Cheaper in scotmid, mind u not posh enough for some on here.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Sometimes it's just for an easy life, for instance the sister in laws bloke bores the tits off me and we have zero in common yet I pleasantly chat away with him at family events just to keep the peace

thats doing the right thing.

14 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

I dislike my sister-in-law and despise her husband.  

Thankfully, we never see the husband but we see my wife’s sister a few times a year - when we are in Edinburgh and when she visits us here.

I am very cool with her, but never rude.  This is purely out of respect for my wife and the fact that they are siblings.

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

More or less what I have to do too.

Harry Potter

52 minutes to get through to the inland revenue for my problem not being solved then

cutting me off, :seething:.   

JudyJudyJudy
48 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheaper in scotmid, mind u not posh enough for some on here.

I prefer Sainsbury’s . I think Scotmid is quite dear ? 

16 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Ordered some clothes from a business in Wales. Need them before end of this month as I’m away. 

Got tracking details. Royal Mail 48. Saw online status of parcel arriving at Edinburgh Mail Centre 13th Jan, where it has been ever since. Useless. 

Royal Mail are a shambles. No attempt to provide a service, no one willing to answer a phone call or do a web chat. I don’t buy stuff online very often, but when I do, the company better not use Royal Mail or I’ll just delete the order.

Thankfully the company - who are as frustrated as I am - have agreed to send a replacement by express 24 hour delivery. 

And they are proposing/considering a plan to deliver only 3 days a week

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
39 minutes ago, Ribble said:

There's not much point to Royal Mail, now, unless people like getting junk mail through their letter box.

After the horizon inquiry is complete, I wonder what will happen to them? Especially as there are numerous courier companies about nowadays.

3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

There's not much point to Royal Mail, now, unless people like getting junk mail through their letter box.

After the horizon inquiry is complete, I wonder what will happen to them? Especially as there are numerous courier companies about nowadays.

It's losing money hand over fist with half the number of letters being posted compared to 2011, OFCOM is behind the proposals which would need changes in legislation. They are looking at cutting delivery days from the current 6 to 5 or even 3 or being even slower in delivering letters with first class becoming a 3 day delivery timescale.

henrysmithsgloves

I remember when we got two deliveries a day. 1st class before 9am,2nd class 12pm. Now I'm lucky if it arrives before 3pm😳 it's not as if there's more letters to be delivered since thirty odd years ago🤬

PaddysBar
On 23/01/2024 at 10:52, Ribble said:

On 23/01/2024 at 13:50, Morgan said:

I dislike my sister-in-law and despise her husband.  

Thankfully, we never see the husband but we see my wife’s sister a few times a year - when we are in Edinburgh and when she visits us here.

I am very cool with her, but never rude.  This is purely out of respect for my wife and the fact that they are siblings.

Fair points lads and come to think of it I do the same at times with family, not that I actually dislike any of them, I just can’t be bothered with them 😀

I was being a bit black and white when I posted. 

PaddysBar
5 hours ago, Ribble said:

At least the sticky fingered posties will discard less elastic bands in the street😀

On a serious note, I guess that would mean loads of redundant posties. Someone always pays for ‘efficiencies’. 

1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

At least the sticky fingered posties will discard less elastic bands in the street😀

On a serious note, I guess that would mean loads of redundant posties. Someone always pays for ‘efficiencies’. 

Possibly or they'll split the PO into 2 with regular posties walking their beat 3 days a week for letters only and anyone that can drive being moved over to the parcel delivery side where they'll attempt to compete with DPD/Evri/Yodel

superjack
37 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Surely less posties would mean less post "going missing'.

Katherine feckin Ryan. She must be the most annoying woman on the TV right now. How the feck could anyone live with that 24/7.

il Duce McTarkin
29 minutes ago, JWL said:

Katherine feckin Ryan. She must be the most annoying woman on the TV right now. How the feck could anyone live with that 24/7.

Balls deep, that's how.

PaddysBar
9 hours ago, superjack said:

Surely less posties would mean less post "going missing'.

Same amount of mail - less posties = more mail to pinch per thieving postie  (and probably more elastic bands to nonchalantly disperse in the streets). 

It might mean less people wearing shorts in the winter though 👍

25 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I can think of a couple of reasons. 

IMG_0713.thumb.jpeg.0f55616988f1be36ef0203ff3f37d6a6.jpeg

Fair do's.............as long as she didn't speak.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:)

I don't even know who she is? Some singer or something, judging by the NME lanyard?

She's a female comedian that's about as funny as standing on an upturned plug in your bare feckin feet.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There's no such thing as a female comedian. There are women that stand on stages and attempt to tell jokes, but they ain't comedians. That'd be like me turning up for my 5s match and being able to say I'm a footballer.

Yep, could have worded that better. File under Ruby Wax, Shappi Khorsandi, Gina Yashere etc. etc.

henrysmithsgloves
59 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Balls deep, that's how.

🤣🤣

People using less when they should be using fewer, properly annoys me.

superjack
Just now, cheetah said:

People using less when they should be using fewer, properly annoys me.

I'm the same. If people thought prior to typing / writing, there would be less of these mistakes.

Just now, superjack said:

I'm the same. If people thought prior to typing / writing, there would be less of these mistakes.

🙉

10 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There's no such thing as a female comedian. There are women that stand on stages and attempt to tell jokes, but they ain't comedians. That'd be like me turning up for my 5s match and being able to say I'm a footballer.

There's some great female comedians.  

That was a joke, They are all pish. They just bang on about sex, menopause, kids and men. 

24 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

A better joke than any female comedian could deliver right there. 

Thank you I think.

That could be a insult aswell 🤔

2.5 years to build the Icon of the Seas, 250,800 tonne cruise ship, 1.6bn to build.

6 years and counting for a 10,000 tonne ferry...cost so far approaching £600m for the 2 ferries.

Why, in a country with so many laws, rules & regulations is this scandal allowed to happen?

Icon.jpeg

Sannox.jpeg

Government contracts across the UK have been a joke for decades.

HS2, Hinkley C, Ajax fighting vehicles, Scotland's ferries, Edinburgh's trams, the list is almost endless.

As soon as you win a government contract it's a license to print money and you can deliver the project whenever you want.

Mostly it's down to governments being shite at writing contracts, which let the contractors piss about for as long as they want with zero penalty.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Cade said:

HS2, Hinkley C, Ajax fighting vehicles, Scotland's ferries, Edinburgh's trams, the list is almost endless.

As soon as you win a government contract it's a license to print money and you can deliver the project whenever you want.

Mostly it's down to governments being shite at writing contracts, which let the contractors piss about for as long as they want with zero penalty.

mhmmm, just look at every single road works contract in the CEC region for basic close to home contracts where the mainly Glasgow contractors laugh in the council's face.  Weak transportation div and weak lawyers. Sad!

16 hours ago, Cade said:

Having previously worked in Public Sector Procurement it's not so much as being shite at writing contracts, it's historically being shite scared of EU Regulations when writing contracts, the tiniest clause could be enough for the losing bidder to have the contract award overturned or paused resulting in so many of the contracts being written in a very generic way.

As an example in a catering contract (sandwiches) I was unable to stipulate that short deliveries were resolved same day as that would put bidders from the rest of the EU at a disadvantage. 

It's been a good while since I was involved in the Public Sector side of stuff but I believe that despite Brexit, public procurement is basically working to the same EU regs even now.

henrysmithsgloves
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

YouTube adverts getting longer to bully people into taking out subscriptions to get rid of them. 

Unwatchable now due to amount of advertising on YouTube 🥺 I just use newpipe nowadays 😎

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

0C the morn, :facepalm:, rain, wind , cauld, mixture o everything.😕.

Never take yourelf abroad for the winter months, Harry, we'd really miss you on this thread...:thumbsup:

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, OBE said:

Never take yourelf abroad for the winter months, Harry, we'd really miss you on this thread...:thumbsup:

Thankyou😃.

3 hours ago, OBE said:

14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Thankyou😃.

Here's yourelf...🤣

Screenshot_20240129-131630~2.png

“Legitimate Interest “  Sneaky website owners way of thumbing their noses at regulations supposedly making it easy to refuse cookies.

Benny Klack
On 25/01/2024 at 01:11, Jim_Duncan said:

😶

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Elljay said:

“Legitimate Interest “  Sneaky website owners way of thumbing their noses at regulations supposedly making it easy to refuse cookies.

If there was some way I could not have to accept cookies every time I go onto a website I would be delighted. Put all the cookies you want in my phone, just dinnae constantly ask me about it. 

Edited by Sooperstar

ArcticJambo

When it comes to cookies, there should be two options:

'Strickly Necessary' and,

'Yes, try and sell me shite I;m not interested in!'

Simple, Pricks wasting my time, **** off!

muldoon74
On 25/01/2024 at 11:16, Herbert. said:

There's some great female comedians.  

That was a joke, They are all pish. They just bang on about sex, menopause, kids and men. 

You missed out chocolate. 

22 hours ago, Tazio said:

YouTube adverts getting longer to bully people into taking out subscriptions to get rid of them. 

I've moved from Ad Blocking (it's become a ridiculous game of cat n mouse between google and the ad blockers) and moved to using the browser extension Ad Skipper 2.8 for youtube. It's bliss.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

If there was some way I could not have to accept cookies every time I go onto a website I would be delighted. Put all the cookies you want in my phone, just dinnae constantly ask me about it. 

There's an extension that will try to take the minimum cookies possible to get the damn pop-ups out of the way. It's called Consent-o-matic. Not sure if the phone versions of chrome etc take these extensions but it's a big help on a desktop browser, works well for the most part. 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I've moved from Ad Blocking (it's become a ridiculous game of cat n mouse between google and the ad blockers) and moved to using the browser extension Ad Skipper 2.8 for youtube. It's bliss.

There's an extension that will try to take the minimum cookies possible to get the damn pop-ups out of the way. It's called Consent-o-matic. Not sure if the phone versions of chrome etc take these extensions but it's a big help on a desktop browser, works well for the most part. 

I mostly watch YouTube on my smart telly so that’s not really an option. 

doddsyJR9
On 25/01/2024 at 01:11, Jim_Duncan said:

Thought Jo Brand could deliver some good uns. Very dry sense of humour, but good with it, imo of course.

5 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

You missed out chocolate. 

How could I forget the classic eating a family size bar of dairy milk routine.

Women stand ups are shite and no one can prove me wrong.