The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Harry Potter

Latest trend, eating in the shower:facepalm:, deffo a load of nonscense, who makes all this rubbish up.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Glasgow Low Emission Zone...

I got a penalty notice in late December for driving through their LEZ (my car isn't compliant) back in October.

I wrote back to ask how long they have to send out penalties, and got a swift response telling me it was 28 days. They also confirmed that any appeal would 'stop the clock' on the £30 becoming £60 (some kind of pay early discount).

As a result, I appealed on the grounds that they issued the notice beyond the 28 day limit. Their standard response was 'please allow 20 working days and check your spam folder').

I still haven't had a response to my appeal (it's now 17 working days), but I have had a follow up letter telling me that I now owe £60 because I didn't pay before the cut off.

They haven't replied to any of my three emails requesting clarification. I appreciate that I broke the rules, but so have they.

GCC are absolutely useless, and I await a similar farce in Edinburgh when it gets rolled out here.

Last time I was at the Hydro I ended up doing numerous illegal u-turns just to avoid going into the LEZ that often isn't signposted until you are right at a junction opposite meaning that at all the LEZ entry points there are cars forcing their way into different lanes to avoid going into it

4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It's almost as if they want people to drive into it...

The sign I drove past wasn't lit (it was while we were parking to go to the Barrowlands).

Oh it's 100% setup as a money trap, although I do see that there is a legal challenge to the Glasgow LEZ, seemingly the planning case for it was based around bringing the affected area within EU pollution levels but the LEZ area was already under the EU limits for pollution before the LEZ was implemented.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Latest trend, eating in the shower:facepalm:, deffo a load of nonscense, who makes all this rubbish up.

Just think of you have soup tiu get a constantly refilling bowl

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

I mostly watch YouTube on my smart telly so that’s not really an option. 

Some smart tv browsers can install certain apps like their desktop counterparts. If not, well I'm sure it will help lots of people struggling to make youtube even worth using lately. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
18 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

If there was some way I could not have to accept cookies every time I go onto a website I would be delighted. Put all the cookies you want in my phone, just dinnae constantly ask me about it. 

I use the mozilla ghostery add-on, it automatically refuses cookies, etc.

1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I use the mozilla ghostery add-on, it automatically refuses cookies, etc.

Cookie Monster Eating GIF by Sesame Street - Find & Share on GIPHY

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
17 hours ago, Tazio said:

I mostly watch YouTube on my smart telly so that’s not really an option. 

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Some smart tv browsers can install certain apps like their desktop counterparts. If not, well I'm sure it will help lots of people struggling to make youtube even worth using lately. 

If you have a firestick install newpipe, which is ad free YouTube.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Cookie Monster Eating GIF by Sesame Street - Find & Share on GIPHY

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Stuart Lyon

Pedalphile cycling south on North Bridge with child on board decides to leave her lane and cycle up the northbound lane to skip the queue of traffic! She did realise her stupidity and moved back to the correct lane.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Pedalphile cycling south on North Bridge with child on board decides to leave her lane and cycle up the northbound lane to skip the queue of traffic! She did realise her stupidity and moved back to the correct lane.

I actually get the fear when I see  wee kids on these bikes with those adults . It’s an accident waiting to happen . 

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

:facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
henrysmithsgloves

After spending over a year fixing a house by the council,they put a bampot in it. Fast forward four months, council house wrecked again 🤬 yet my daughter has waited ten years for a new bathroom suite from the council 🤬🤬

il Duce McTarkin
On 16/02/2024 at 20:27, Tazio said:

Stoners who think it gives them some sort of insight and heightened intelligence.

Dunno, Taz, I've had a few moments of unparalleled clarity after a pipe or two over the years. Probably would've failed an Java object-oriented software engineering module were it not for a semi-baked, three-pint eureka moment in the Earl of Marchmont waiting for my bursd to finish her shift. Suddenly it just all made sense (kind off).

Never been a proper stoner, mind.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Dunno, Taz, I've had a few moments of unparalleled clarity after a pipe or two over the years. Probably would've failed an Java object-oriented software engineering module were it not for a semi-baked, three-pint eureka moment in the Earl of Marchmont waiting for my bursd to finish her shift. Suddenly it just all made sense (kind off).

Never been a proper stoner, mind.

Oh without doubt. But anyone who was a stoner at any stage always had the one person they knew that they dreaded coming to the house. Starts off fine then the next thing is long rambling conversations lecturing about things we wouldn’t understand and how they’ve achieved advanced knowledge. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Oh without doubt. But anyone who was a stoner at any stage always had the one person they knew that they dreaded coming to the house. Starts off fine then the next thing is long rambling conversations lecturing about things we wouldn’t understand and how they’ve achieved advanced knowledge. 

Tbf, those folk would be a pain in the hoop without the Lou Reed.

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Ah, so you’ve met 50% of my family then. 

th-2096284780.jpg

Drivers who are completely unaware that me leaving a 2 second gap/safe distance to the car in front of me when doing 70mph is not an invite for them to pull into the outside lane while doing 55-60mph 

henrysmithsgloves
34 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Folk that still have the tappy tappy sound turned on on their mobile phone keypad. Just why? 

Maybe plumbers?🤕

henrysmithsgloves

Amazon prime on my telly, watched absolutely anything,a comedy,what do they recommend?Rammstein in concert! What in good gods earth gave their algorithm the excuse to throw that up😳

Dennis Reynolds

Been away from Edinburgh for a few weeks and I've came back to what feels like every road with roadworks. They're ****ing everywhere. Was travelling to see my dear mother and went along Broughton Road/Bonnington Road towards Junction street at hit three temp lights in less than a mile. Feels like the end of McDonald road was closed/dug up just before Christmas and it's happening again.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Cannae beat a Rammstein show though.

Not my cup of tea😞 how the hell did they come up with that,never watched any music on Amazon prime 😳

11 hours ago, Ribble said:

Drivers who are completely unaware that me leaving a 2 second gap/safe distance to the car in front of me when doing 70mph is not an invite for them to pull into the outside lane while doing 55-60mph 

Hands across the ocean.

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Isn’t it the time of year when they have to use up all the years budget so they can make sure they get more next year?

Yep, end of financial year.

JudyJudyJudy

People sitting in coffee shops using their lap tops ! Why ? A guy sitting opposite me yesterday was on his and had ear plugs in too , which were connected to his phone.

However my “ seethe”  was tempered as he was exceptionally handsome . Gave me  a side ways glance   👁️ a few times , woo hoo . Interesting 🤨 

IMG_6217.gif

Jeffros Furios
31 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

People sitting in coffee shops using their lap tops ! Why ? A guy sitting opposite me yesterday was on his and had ear plugs in too , which were connected to his phone.

However my “ seethe”  was tempered as he was exceptionally handsome . Gave me  a side ways glance   👁️ a few times , woo hoo . Interesting 🤨 

IMG_6217.gif

He was probably thinking that guy that keeps staring at me is a fat mess :o

JudyJudyJudy

😜

7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He was probably thinking that guy that keeps staring at me is a fat mess :o

IMG_9984.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_6217.gif

Was it him🤔

th-2646533462.jpg

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_6217.gif

might be missing something but what’s the issue with someone using a laptop in a coffee shop?

henrysmithsgloves
6 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

might be missing something but what’s the issue with someone using a laptop in a coffee shop?

It's what was on said laptop 😳

th-1856476762.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Was it him🤔

th-2646533462.jpg

381699389_879151233568340_5407056761620789159_n.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

th-2992700708.jpg

That was him !!!! i have a thing for teeth. 

henrysmithsgloves
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

🤣🤣

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

A lot of those German cars don’t come with indicators, sadly. 

See what happens if you get them fitted😳

Harry Potter
19 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

A lot of those German cars don’t come with indicators, sadly. 

More like laziness, .

Edited by Harry Potter

Tommy Brown
On 22/02/2024 at 13:38, Harry Potter said:

Folk that have problems indicating, how difficult is it, :facepalm:.

FFS Harry, how you tried indicating and texting at the same time. 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

FFS Harry, how you tried indicating and texting at the same time. 

Pure Magic.

TBF, TBH, & IMO...fair and honest is just your opinion, we know that, no one else typed it...:thumbsup:

Stuart Lyon
27 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

They now have an Hyundai battery car that makes pretend engine noises, ha ha,

WHY :facepalm:.

So people can hear it and hopefully avoid being knocked down.

Harry Potter
23 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

So people can hear it and hopefully avoid being knocked down.

Its more aimed at the person driving it.

Nookie Bear

There should be a massive tax on anyone driving a Range Rover in the city. Absolutely ridiculous vehicles to be using on crowded streets.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

TBF, I think the good lord shaves a good few points off these folks’ IQs at birth. 

They are pathetic.

I see Paris is tripling their parking fees for larger cars and would like something similar here.