Approx 250 tickets still for sale - St Mirren (title updated)

Walter Bishop

Have heard word of a few people staunchly against selling on their season tickets/turning up at all because of how many potential part timers (or people unable to find Tynie without a street map) are going to be in attendance for this one.

Main problem being that they don't want to be surrounded by people asking who the players are or people rustling sweety papers rather than concentrating on the game at hand.

Thoughts?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radioactive Mince

I think they should stop being snobbish pricks and perhaps make an effort to create an atmosphere on Saturday that Will drown out any newbie questions.

ToadKiller Dog

Have heard word of a few people staunchly against selling on their season tickets/turning up at all because of how many potential part timers (or people unable to find Tynie without a street map) are going to be in attendance for this one.

Main problem being that they don't want to be surrounded by people asking who the players are or people rustling sweety papers rather than concentrating on the game at hand.

Thoughts?

My thoughts Dafties .

They can all get together when the club is shut down and remember when they were uber fans .

Alwaysinourshadows

Thoughts?

Pathetic behaviour

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

This is the not the time for super fan snobbery. If someone buys a ticket for this game they are putting money in the club and are therefore a supporter.

Or maybe you have to prove your credentials somehow and we could just have 12k at all the games coming up?

Thoughts?

The part-time/full-time fan thing is just pathetic - I'm a season ticket holder but realise other people have other commitments in life other than football and can't be at tynecastle every other saturday. Time to pull together as one club and end this nonsense.

Thoughts?

Thoughts..?

I think you have some truly pathetic friends.

Prince Buaben

Thoughts?

This is the not the time for super fan snobbery. If someone buys a ticket for this game they are putting money in the club and are therefore a supporter.

Or maybe you have to prove your credentials somehow and we could just have 12k at all the games coming up?

This...:thumbsup:

Thoughts..?

I think you have some truly pathetic friends.

I didn't say they were friends.

Thoughts?

Anyone making an effort is doing their bit.

Everybody has to go to their 1st game at some point. Now is an excellent time to get the finger out.

Just back from buying shares...and secured official club tie as worn by players at cup final for ?50 donation...last one apparently...hopefully I'll get an opportunity to spill beer down it at Aberdeen hospitality chrimbo swalley!

There was a wee queue of folk behind me buying shares and tickets...the shop seemed to be doing a bit of trade too.

Will hit the the youth game tomorrow and maybe the fundraiser if I get away from the office, but that's me done til I get paid again next week.

Reckon I've put well over a grand Hearts way in 6 months...gives you some idea of the scale of the problem that we face - how many clubs in Scotland attract that level of financial support from an average fan, yet we are still Donald ducked.

Radioactive Mince

I don't think there'll be many newbies anyway. Lapsed supporters/part timers? Plenty of them. Welcome back to Tynie, fellow JTs.

Generic Username

Measuring peoples feelings about the club by putting a figure on how much they pump in is ridiculous.

See when you start frothing at the mouth at someone who's only attending a handful of games a season, you want to rethink that's really important - your own messed up stance that your money is more important or embracing those who've been away and encouraging more to come along on match days.

Is there still tickets in the roseburn with seats next to each other available, or just single seats?

i got two seats in roseburn for saturday midafternoon yesterday. thats the only places that didnt just have singles. not sure about today though.

Captain Scarlett

Thoughts?

Of course there has to be a first time for everyone. Here's hoping they have an enjoyable time and make it a regular thing.

Charlie-Brown

Thoughts?

Sorry mods but the only words i can think of to describe such people is arseholes? and pathetic!

Was in the shop about an hour ago and it was pretty busy. after I got my shares there was a queue a quarter of the way round the shop and plenty of other people just buying merchandise.

One woman clearly didn't know much about football/hearts and was asking the guys in the shop some questions.She said something along the lines of her husband will be delighted when he realises all his christmas presents will have helped the club. she spent over ?200 in the shop and then joined the shares queue. wanted to go up to her and hug her!!

kingantti1874

Was in the shop about an hour ago and it was pretty busy. after I got my shares there was a queue a quarter of the way round the shop and plenty of other people just buying merchandise.

One woman clearly didn't know much about football/hearts and was asking the guys in the shop some questions.She said something along the lines of her husband will be delighted when he realises all his christmas presents will have helped the club. she spent over ?200 in the shop and then joined the shares queue. wanted to go up to her and hug her!!

Top class - very encouraging

Placid Casual
Is there still tickets in the roseburn with seats next to each other available, or just single seats?

Just been into the eTickets site - there are 94 tickets left in Section J and 347 tickets in Section H (see below).

sectionh.gif

Hackney Hearts

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that they are insane. Are we a closed shop? No new fans ever from now on? (Obviously that might not be a problem if we don't play any more matches...)

Also - and this may just be me - I would rather sit next to a sweetie-paper rustler than a boo-boy.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

611 tickets to go! I think

Brilliant stuff! Really looking forward to a near capacity crowd for this one. The stadium should be like a real bear-pit.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Brilliant stuff! Really looking forward to a near capacity crowd for this one. The stadium should be like a real bear-pit.

agreed. It will be 'fan' tastic. Its really just the Roseburn to go now, so fingers crossed. Then we can concentrate on Celtic and Aberdeen.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

agreed. It will be 'fan' tastic. Its really just the Roseburn to go now, so fingers crossed. Then we can concentrate on Celtic and Aberdeen.

Two games which you would have to suspect would be easier to sell out anyway. It's difficult to tell what the future will bring with all of this but one thing that should be a given is a packed Tynecastle throughout. :thumbsup:

Father Tiresias

Thoughts?

I think the stay away fans are the one's who must make all the noise as the atmosphere at both the Dundee and Ross County home games was pitiful.

Agree with others who have already said that the ''I'm a better supporter than you" pesh has become tiresome.

Sterling Archer

A bear pit eh?

Planning on bringing out some of our more traditional songs are you?

mahgrassyshoes

Thoughts?

Delighted it will be full of part timers as that is what we need right now.

However, I do hope the part timer who was sat in the row in front of me at the Ross County game mouthing off at the players then left and threw his shares brochure at the pitch is sitting elsewhere (preferably section B), annoying other people.

The superfans should be relishing the opportunity to disseminate their, no doubt, vast amount of knowledge of the game of football and Heart of Midlothian FC to a new audience.

Free advertising for the club if you like and if they do the job well, then it might get a few folk returning/spending more money. :)

As a season ticket holder i dont care whether the person next to me is part time or not. at the end of the day they're there when the club needs them the most. hopefully they'll continue to come along for the rest of the season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As a season ticket holder i dont care whether the person next to me is part time or not. at the end of the day they're there when the club needs them the most. hopefully they'll continue to come along for the rest of the season.

Definitely. Looking forward to having new faces in the empty seats around the place. If we do come through this then it will be quite interesting to see if the average attendances go up slightly in the seasons that follow or if they drop back off to the same level as before... Even a slight increase would be a positive.

In that case, I think your post is no more than a fishing exposition. :(

Not at all, I genuinely heard that from someone today. Granted it was 3rd hand information but I was still interested to see if it was a minority view or not.

Thoughts?

In my experience of going to games the 'part-time' fans make more of an atmosphere. Majority of the time our hardcore away support is dull with folk looking for any excuse to slate a player. Every home game minus Liverpool this season the atmosphere has been mince therefore the 'part-time' fans are more welcome in my book than the uber fans you speak of.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cut the act,we all know you're daft for the sash.

:D

I don't even know the words or the tune. I have a few Sasha CDs from the mid nineties if that counts? Not sure any of the tracks would be catchy enough for the football though.

The People's Chimp

Astonishing stuff that this has now turned into an opportunity to slate those who go every week. :rofl: You couldn't make it up!

You're basically slating the life blood of the club, the guys that plough all the money in every year and calling them things like 'uber fans', instead taking a more sympathetic view of the part timers and no shows that are part responsible for our current difficulties. Incredible.

Father Tiresias

611 tickets to go! I think

And then we've got to start again filling Tynecastle for the Celtic game!

At least they'll fill the Roseburn Stand :cheesy:

Generic Username

I despise part timers but let's make it clear EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

:facepalm:

How do you welcome in someone you despise?

I'll be too busy watching the match for hostility towards our own fans.

Right enough, Santa only comes once a year ! ha ha

Christmas eve when I dress up as Santa and surprise her.

PS we were in a quiz on friday at Corstorphine Bowling Club. Our team name was ' my wife can't wrestle but you should see her box'

ill be supporting St Mirren as the saving on win bonuses will run into tens of thousands..... On the other hand I would rather stab myself in the eye than cheer for that shower :-)

Archived