Approx 250 tickets still for sale - St Mirren (title updated)

Walter Bishop

ill be supporting St Mirren as the saving on win bonuses will run into tens of thousands..... On the other hand I would rather stab myself in the eye than cheer for that shower :-)

The team seem to be doing their bit already in order to save us some cash....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:facepalm:

How do you welcome in someone you despise?

I'll be too busy watching the match for hostility towards our own fans.

Not the time nor place for your shit audio.

Generic Username

Not the time nor place for your shit audio.

Says the man regaling us all with the fact he despises his own fans aye?

Inject a little positivity into proceedings. We want these people to keep coming back don't we? Not feeling like they are unwanted and certainly not like they are despised.

Or maybe that's just me and my zaney, out-there thinking.

Speaking as a part timer. I find some comments on here about the likes of me disturbing, no, make that disgusting. Yes, they are the minority, but still. Despise?!! come on. I'm a former ST holder, who went to games regular through my teens and twenties, and even if I didn't it doesn't matter. Going to the football is a way of life, an expensive one to most. Priorities change, circumstances change, affiliation to that badge does not. I'll be going to what games I can, to do my bit and I'm trying to drum up support to mates who have never gone regular. Some folk really don't care that much about football as it's not the most impotant thing in their life. For me, it may no longer be the most important thing in my life, but I love the mighty Heart of Midlothian. DO NOT turn having a season ticket into a clique. As I said, I know this is a small minority, but football to a lot of people is not a way of life, and Hearts need a mixture of both.

I despise part timers but let's make it clear EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

Folk like you are one of the reasons we may find this particular fight more difficult. at the end of the day we have around 9000 season ticket holders. that 9000 aint gonna save our club. that 9000 alone weren't the ones who made one heck of a noise twice last season at hampden and helped our players raise their game and give us all the best day of our lives!, The stick some folk give honest jambos who cant attend every game on here stinks tbh. and a statement like that in a time like this is just stupid.regardless off the all welcome at the end. not required. Whether u attend every game or twice a season we need you and you are ALWAYS welcome at tynecastle would have been more apt! in reality if we are to survive it will mostly be down to part time supporters because the full timers money is already spent! please can we lay off this part time crap coz we really really need them right now.

Townhill Jambo

Have heard word of a few people staunchly against selling on their season tickets/turning up at all because of how many potential part timers (or people unable to find Tynie without a street map) are going to be in attendance for this one.

Main problem being that they don't want to be surrounded by people asking who the players are or people rustling sweety papers rather than concentrating on the game at hand.

Thoughts?

How badword thick are these people? If the part timers don't go there is less chance of the club surviving. It's a time for everone to rally round and not be critical of others trying to help the club they support no matter how often they go to Tynecastle.

Alwaysinourshadows

shame this thread positive thread is going doing a pointless argument road .

How many seats left for the games now .

559 left for midden game

Radioactive Mince

You can bet your bottom dollar that a few real fans will be standing up shouting stuff like "where were you all last week" and "if more of you bothered to turn up before we wouldn't be in this mess" etc.

I hope any "look at me" shouters of this kind (and yes, I've heard similar several times) are treated with the contempt they deserve. Having them round up and shot would be my preferred solution. Twunts.

Guest Dipped Flake

559, not counting the Roseburn lower. 60 in the original 3 ends, 322 in section H and 172 in J/K combined

drat 2 posts too late

babertonjambo

I am looking to reduce the total by 2 and donate the tickets. Can anyone confirm how I go about donating them to Big Hearts or does anyone know of a good home I can give them to?

Nelly Terraces

Speaking as a part timer. I find some comments on here about the likes of me disturbing, no, make that disgusting. Yes, they are the minority, but still. Despise?!! come on. I'm a former ST holder, who went to games regular through my teens and twenties, and even if I didn't it doesn't matter. Going to the football is a way of life, an expensive one to most. Priorities change, circumstances change, affiliation to that badge does not. I'll be going to what games I can, to do my bit and I'm trying to drum up support to mates who have never gone regular. Some folk really don't care that much about football as it's not the most impotant thing in their life. For me, it may no longer be the most important thing in my life, but I love the mighty Heart of Midlothian. DO NOT turn having a season ticket into a clique. As I said, I know this is a small minority, but football to a lot of people is not a way of life, and Hearts need a mixture of both.

Don't worry mate, we're not all like that, in fact, the vast majority of folk aren't, just dicks are. Good post, and like you say, priorities and circumstances change. Sure you're doing your bit. Try get along to the next few games and cheer on the famous.

Agreed mate, just what needed eh, a slagging match ffs. And yeah, back to the point, how many tickets are still up for grabs???

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What has been our highest attendance v St Mirren since the new stands were built? This must be thousands more.

A good result and performance would be perfectly timed in front of a full/near full crowd like this will have.

I'm topcat and I endorse this post

:facepalm:

How do you welcome in someone you despise?

I'll be too busy watching the match for hostility towards our own fans.

I used to think this bloke got a bit of an unfair time on here chief but becoming clear he has some issues.

Avoid.

Nelly Terraces

I used to think this bloke got a bit of an unfair time on here chief but becoming clear he has some issues.

Avoid.

What the man said.

What has been our highest attendance v St Mirren since the new stands were built? This must be thousands more.

A good result and performance would be perfectly timed in front of a full/near full crowd like this will have.

A quick look on LondonHearts suggests:

17195-17/2/2007

16823-9/9/2006

16476-26/12/2007

15259-19/4/2008

13609-21/2/2009

13357-23/8/2008

Everything else below 13000 (with the three seasons after 2005/06 being the only time we've managed 13000+).

Taking the Wheatfield , the Gorgie and the main stand into consideration, those 3 stands hold 12890 and H,J,K in the Roseburn hold 2063, were looking at about 15,500 people including away fans turning up to a Hearts V St Mirren match !!!! That's unbelievable really !!!!

Generic Username

Another well done to those who are buying tickets and getting themselves along to this game and the other upcoming home games. The club absolutely needs your support and I'm sure I speak for the more level headed amongst our support when I say we want you there as well.

If you can, get yourself along to another game. If you can't make it, suggest a friend takes in a game. Do whatever it is you can do to help.

I'm a season ticket holder and although most people around me are also season ticket holders you are more than welcome to stand next to me. (I never sit)

We're all in this together and fighting for our clubs survival.

Have heard word of a few people staunchly against selling on their season tickets/turning up at all because of how many potential part timers (or people unable to find Tynie without a street map) are going to be in attendance for this one.

Main problem being that they don't want to be surrounded by people asking who the players are or people rustling sweety papers rather than concentrating on the game at hand.

Thoughts?

Idiots

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A quick look on LondonHearts suggests:

17195-17/2/2007

16823-9/9/2006

16476-26/12/2007

15259-19/4/2008

13609-21/2/2009

13357-23/8/2008

Everything else below 13000 (with the three seasons after 2005/06 being the only time we've managed 13000+).

Good to see us matching the crowds of the early Romanov years again... Under such vastly different circumstances. Hope we can keep this up.

Hackney Hearts

17195-17/2/2007

16823-9/9/2006

16476-26/12/2007

15259-19/4/2008

13609-21/2/2009

13357-23/8/2008

We might squeeze into 3rd place on that list, but reduced capacity means that's the best we can do.

J Cheever Loophole

I'm a season ticket holder and although most people around me are also season ticket holders you are more than welcome to stand next to me. (I never sit)

And me.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's the 'part-timers' that will be the difference between having a club to watch next season or going round Ikea every weekend.

To make them feel unwelcome at this time is ******* mental.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yup. Let's keep this feel good-factor going. Amazing efforts in filling the ground so far, can't help but get caught up in the emotions of it all... It's contagious.

Folk like you are one of the reasons we may find this particular fight more difficult. at the end of the day we have around 9000 season ticket holders. that 9000 aint gonna save our club. that 9000 alone weren't the ones who made one heck of a noise twice last season at hampden and helped our players raise their game and give us all the best day of our lives!, The stick some folk give honest jambos who cant attend every game on here stinks tbh. and a statement like that in a time like this is just stupid.regardless off the all welcome at the end. not required. Whether u attend every game or twice a season we need you and you are ALWAYS welcome at tynecastle would have been more apt! in reality if we are to survive it will mostly be down to part time supporters because the full timers money is already spent! please can we lay off this part time crap coz we really really need them right now.

Eh?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/stmirren.html

There were a few massive attendances against Saint Mirren against just after they came up in the early years of the Vlad era. 17,195 saw Larry Kingston's equaliser secure a 1-1 draw in Feb 2007

That was the biggest crowd for Hearts vs Saint Mirren since a 1986 Scottish Cup Quarter Final drew over 20,000.

What is striking is that pre-Taylor report attendances used to vary widely from big games to run of the mill fixtures like Saint Mirren. These days people seem to be more likely to either go to all the games or not go any. The much maligned Part Time Supporter has tended to either become "die hard" or to drift away altogether. Attitudes like I8's can only make the latter more likely

Suspect Device

I said all are welcome and people are abusing me.

Go kickback!

I think you'll find it was the bit saying you dispise them that folk are abusing you for

the 'you're all welcome' is as it should be

Go kickback!

You all also said you "despise" part-timers i.e. Hearts fans

Guest Bilel Mohsni

http://www.londonhea...a/stmirren.html

There were a few massive attendances against Saint Mirren against just after they came up in the early years of the Vlad era. 17,195 saw Larry Kingston's equaliser secure a 1-1 draw in Feb 2007

That was the biggest crowd for Hearts vs Saint Mirren since a 1986 Scottish Cup Quarter Final drew over 20,000.

What is striking is that pre-Taylor report attendances used to vary widely from big games to run of the mill fixtures like Saint Mirren. These days people seem to be more likely to either go to all the games or not go any. The much maligned Part Time Supporter has tended to either become "die hard" or to drift away altogether. Attitudes like I8's can only make the latter more likely

I'm actually quite surprised that the crowds were that big v St Mirren in 07. I was unable to get a season ticket that season as I was unemployed and skint but turned up to whatever I could as a "part time fan" but did not remember the smaller games being that packed. Maybe I was too busy rustling sweeties. :D

It might not be as good as I originally thought then right enough... I still think 16k plus is a damned fine effort right now though.

Go kickback!

You did - but if you look closely you will observe that in the same sentence you said also 'I hate part timers'. That may be the point many have picked up.

Footballfirst

There are actually 1,100 or so tickets still to be sold before we can claim a sell-out, as the lower Roseburn sections haven't been released as yet.

Yup. Let's keep this feel good-factor going. Amazing efforts in filling the ground so far, can't help but get caught up in the emotions of it all... It's contagious.

The way everyone is rallying together is brilliant.

Matthew Le Tissier

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/stmirren.html

I was at the 07 game 1st game id been to in 2 years.

Go kickback!

you also said you despise a large section of the hearts support

I think a lot of people dont go to as many games now, as they have to be more organised

Gone are the days when you woke up on a Saturday, popped on the local supporters bus that was at hand and when at the game, paying at the turnstyle ,hassle free

Now its all ticket games and less supporters buses so you have to make more of an effort

Reckon matchday att would be up in most games if it was the old way

tartofmidlothian

You can bet your bottom dollar that a few real fans will be standing up shouting stuff like "where were you all last week" and "if more of you bothered to turn up before we wouldn't be in this mess" etc.

I hope any "look at me" shouters of this kind (and yes, I've heard similar several times) are treated with the contempt they deserve. Having them round up and shot would be my preferred solution. Twunts.

:yas:

http://www.londonhea...a/stmirren.html

Season tickets are counted whether people turn up or not I think? And obviously relative to the days of the Shed a far higher proportion of the crowd are season ticket holders.

I hope that we can find as many new fans as possible and as many lapsed fans are encouraged to come along to support the club.

There are actually 1,100 or so tickets still to be sold before we can claim a sell-out, as the lower Roseburn sections haven't been released as yet.

Think we can do it?

I think a lot of people dont go to as many games now, as they have to be more organised

Gone are the days when you woke up on a Saturday, popped on the local supporters bus that was at hand and when at the game, paying at the turnstyle ,hassle free

Now its all ticket games and less supporters buses so you have to make more of an effort

Reckon matchday att would be up in most games if it was the old way

Agreed, although many of us think nothing of booking on line, printing tickets, collecting from the TO, some people are put off by such actions. I guess we will never actually find out how many.

Why can we not have a cash gate? In the early days of seated Tynecastle, cash was exchanged at the turnstile for a ticket.

What would prevent this from occurring now?

BabertonJambo,I did the same when I was in at the ticket office.The guy who served me siad he would hand the tickets through to Big Hearts.

Think we can do it?

I think we will be a couple of hundred short. Would love to be proved wrong though!

Archived