Thunder and Lightning
6 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Screenshot_20240321-152130~2.png

Screenshot_20240321-152104~2.png

Tough wank. 

Dawnrazor
4 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Tough wank. 

Probably not for eachother ironically, but aye, I agree.

6 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Can't say in a massive tory fan right now but I'd vote for Penny just to see her get the opportunity to lampoon thick nationalists on a more regular basis

I'm a nationalist, but not an SNP fan. 

I find Mordaunts constant aggression towards the SNP pretty contrived and boring TBH. Its basically just low level theatre. Can tell a lot of work goes in, not on substantive answers but building  "Penny crushes the SNP" montages. She knows exactly what witty retorts the SNP are getting today before she even steps in the chamber. Its not something I can warm to. 

I think there is a good chance she could succeed Sunak though. Despite not particularly liking her, I think she could appeal to middle England - Sunak seems weak, not a strong leader with clear vision - Mordaunt or even Kemi Badenoch both seem much stronger characters that could offer the Tory's a glimmer of hope. With Starmer fumbling the bag at every turn, if the Tories can quickly get their house in order I think Mordaunt against Starmer is a genuine contest that England will struggle with. Starmer has given the young absolutely nothing to vote for, and the old just need a reason to revert back to Tory (I'm generalising for the sake of my point). If I was running the Tory campaign, the question I would want plastered across every bus stop up and down the country would be "What Does Keir Starmer even stand for?" - Blunt answer is absolutely nothing. I don't even think the guy would feel comfortable telling you the time less he risks offence!

TBH I don't want to see Starmer win, because all he's done is taken being a tory and added water. I don't want the Labour party to think that is a viable election strategy. They need to offer something different. The prospect of letting war dog spineless creeps like Douglas Alexander back into politics kills me inside. Hopefully see a complete rejection of Starmers characterless brand of politics. 

Thunder and Lightning
19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Probably not for eachother ironically, but aye, I agree.

😂 

Cranston
20 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm a nationalist, but not an SNP fan. 

I find Mordaunts constant aggression towards the SNP pretty contrived and boring TBH. Its basically just low level theatre. Can tell a lot of work goes in, not on substantive answers but building  "Penny crushes the SNP" montages. She knows exactly what witty retorts the SNP are getting today before she even steps in the chamber. Its not something I can warm to. 

I think there is a good chance she could succeed Sunak though. Despite not particularly liking her, I think she could appeal to middle England - Sunak seems weak, not a strong leader with clear vision - Mordaunt or even Kemi Badenoch both seem much stronger characters that could offer the Tory's a glimmer of hope. With Starmer fumbling the bag at every turn, if the Tories can quickly get their house in order I think Mordaunt against Starmer is a genuine contest that England will struggle with. Starmer has given the young absolutely nothing to vote for, and the old just need a reason to revert back to Tory (I'm generalising for the sake of my point). If I was running the Tory campaign, the question I would want plastered across every bus stop up and down the country would be "What Does Keir Starmer even stand for?" - Blunt answer is absolutely nothing. I don't even think the guy would feel comfortable telling you the time less he risks offence!

TBH I don't want to see Starmer win, because all he's done is taken being a tory and added water. I don't want the Labour party to think that is a viable election strategy. They need to offer something different. The prospect of letting war dog spineless creeps like Douglas Alexander back into politics kills me inside. Hopefully see a complete rejection of Starmers characterless brand of politics. 

Good post. 

What does a jeremy corbyn pupil, marxist, north london elitist, who is along with his front bench, pretending to be born again fandans of Thatcher have in common with Scotland?

Answers on a postcard please. 

Edited by Cranston

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Mucky *******. 

😎

Libertarian

I have campaigned for independence all my adult life but when I look at the modern SNP I despair at what they have become, incompetence, nepotism and corruption. On top of all that we are now living in a country where ordinary Scots have never been more policed and regulated than now (the Hate Crime Bill is only the most recent example of this). I still support independence and believe that the economic powers that will come with independence will help to stop the increasing decline in our country, however independence will never be achieved through the SNP.

TallPaul
1 minute ago, Libertarian said:

I have campaigned for independence all my adult life but when I look at the modern SNP I despair at what they have become, incompetence, nepotism and corruption. On top of all that we are now living in a country where ordinary Scots have never been more policed and regulated than now (the Hate Crime Bill is only the most recent example of this). I still support independence and believe that the economic powers that will come with independence will help to stop the increasing decline in our country, however independence will never be achieved through the SNP.

Who do you plan to vote for next election? Unless if course you decide to abstain.

Libertarian
Just now, TallPaul said:

Who do you plan to vote for next election? Unless if course you decide to abstain.

For the first time in my life I will probably abstain although I would vote Alba, Scottish Independence Party or Scottish Libertarian Party if they stand in my constituency. I certainly can't vote for any unionist party and the SNP have betrayed the trust placed in them by the Scottish electorate and are now part of the problem.

BlueRiver
13 hours ago, Cranston said:

Good post. 

What does a jeremy corbyn pupil, marxist, north london elitist, who is along with his front bench, pretending to be born again fandans of Thatcher have in common with Scotland?

Answers on a postcard please. 

Probably about the same as a humble crofter banker has in common with me and a lot of other Scots to be fair...

Or a wee daftie that done a part time stint in a chippie before heading to Westminster? 

Or am I meant to feel a natural affinity to these tubes just because we share a nationality? 

BlueRiver

Saying that I'm sure I and lots of other Scots have plenty in common with privately educated Humza Yousef who's entire career consists of...politics...

Now that's a man of the Scottish people right there. 

Libertarian
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Saying that I'm sure I and lots of other Scots have plenty in common with privately educated Humza Yousef who's entire career consists of...politics...

Now that's a man of the Scottish people right there. 

Exactly the same could be said of Sarwar. They even went to the same private school 

BlueRiver
Just now, Libertarian said:

Exactly the same could be said of Sarwar. They even went to the same private school 

It could indeed. 

Are we in an odd situation where the Tory is the only leader of a main party at Holyrood that wasn't privately educated? 😂

Australis
58 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Everything they said other political parties have, but they would be different.

Can't wait until their first bad election result and the SNP members and voters turn on Yousaf.

Then he plays the race card.

Rats in a sack.

56 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

For the first time in my life I will probably abstain although I would vote Alba, Scottish Independence Party or Scottish Libertarian Party if they stand in my constituency. I certainly can't vote for any unionist party and the SNP have betrayed the trust placed in them by the Scottish electorate and are now part of the problem.

Pretty much where I am at. Really at a stage where I might not even vote, and that does not sit well with me.....🤷‍♂️

Edited by micole

Libertarian
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

It could indeed. 

Are we in an odd situation where the Tory is the only leader of a main party at Holyrood that wasn't privately educated? 😂

We are in a position where there is no real choice between Labour & Tory. They have morphed into the same uni party as have the SNP who having become part of the British establishment don't really want any radical change. Yet there has never been more need for radical change. Just look at the increase in poverty, we even have decreasing life expectancy for crying out loud.

Libertarian
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Everything they said other political parties have, but they would be different.

Can't wait until their first bad election result and the SNP members and voters turn on Yousaf.

Then he plays the race card.

Rats in a sack.

The SNP are are in for an absolute pasting at the next British election. They don't even appear to be aware about how unpopular they actually are. I honestly think that they could be finished.

BlueRiver
Just now, Libertarian said:

We are in a position where there is no real choice between Labour & Tory. They have morphed into the same uni party as have the SNP who having become part of the British establishment don't really want any radical change. Yet there has never been more need for radical change. Just look at the increase in poverty, we even have decreasing life expectancy for crying out loud.

So...

Is that an aye Ross is the only one that isn't privately educated? 

Also define "radical change" please. It can mean a hundred different things to a hundred different people. Which is curiously quite often why it gets ****ing nowhere. 

Australis
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

The SNP are are in for an absolute pasting at the next British election. They don't even appear to be aware about how unpopular they actually are. I honestly think that they could be finished.

I would love them to tell the truth about what people are telling them on the doorsteps.

Once so many of them get kicked out they will turn on Humza, so quickly.

Then Humza tells the SNP members and Scottish public they are all racist After he and his party are humiliated.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

That's hubris surely? I'd have thought they have a decent chance to be his majesty's loyal opposition... 

Jim_Duncan
2 hours ago, Australis said:

I would love them to tell the truth about what people are telling them on the doorsteps.

Once so many of them get kicked out they will turn on Humza, so quickly.

Then Humza tells the SNP members and Scottish public they are all racist After he and his party are humiliated.

Following his lead :whistling:

Cranston
5 hours ago, Libertarian said:

The Snp unfortunately, took the wrong course of policy towards the UK. Instead of making Scotland a success story, and demonstrating what could be, they did the complete opposite. Their main policy seems to have been deliberate failure, and blame the UK government for all their ills. Salmond and Sturgeon should have very easily completed the dream outcome, but look at them both now. Their reputations in tatters, their party facing terminal decline. A shambles.

AyrJambo
On 21/03/2024 at 07:57, il Duce McTarkin said:

Being English, would you class me and my family as 'occupiers'?

Same question to you, Ayr. Occupiers or citizens?

I have no issue with you, your family, anyone from England or indeed anywhere else who chooses to come here to live/work/rest/ or otherwise lead their life
I have in the past chosen to live and work abroad and I would react the way you have if someone had called me a "settler" or "occupier" so apologies for any offence but I was not referring to any individual people

It's not about individuals it's about the inherent imbalance built in to a union between two countries where one has a population over 10 times the size of the other

Population of the UK and its constituent countries, mid-2021

UK        67,026,000    
England        56,536,000    
Wales        3,105,000    
Northern Ireland    1,905,000    
Scotland        5,480,000 

If 10% of the Scottish population moved to England they would make up around 0.9% of the population in England - very easily assimilated
If 10% of the English population moved to Scotland they would make up around a whopping 103% of the populattion in Scotland - not so easily assimilated

The 2011 census shows that the largest group of migrants living in Scotland was around 500,000 people born in England and Wales and based on recent trends will probably exceed 750,000 by now - that is well over 10% of the population

Additionally these migrants tend to be professionals - doctors, academics, civil servants and teachers - so policy-shapers and opinion formers
For example in 2018 33% of all teachers across Scotland were from England

I'm not arguing that only Scots should be allowed to live and work in Scotland or that only Scots should be able to teach in Scotland but the levels of migration into Scotland from one other country, England, are a form of de facto colonisation

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

I have no issue with you, your family, anyone from England or indeed anywhere else who chooses to come here to live/work/rest/ or otherwise lead their life
I have in the past chosen to live and work abroad and I would react the way you have if someone had called me a "settler" or "occupier" so apologies for any offence but I was not referring to any individual people

It's not about individuals it's about the inherent imbalance built in to a union between two countries where one has a population over 10 times the size of the other

UK        67,026,000    
Wales        3,105,000    

If 10% of the Scottish population moved to England they would make up around 0.9% of the population in England - very easily assimilated
If 10% of the English population moved to Scotland they would make up around a whopping 103% of the populattion in Scotland - not so easily assimilated

The 2011 census shows that the largest group of migrants living in Scotland was around 500,000 people born in England and Wales and based on recent trends will probably exceed 750,000 by now - that is well over 10% of the population

Additionally these migrants tend to be professionals - doctors, academics, civil servants and teachers - so policy-shapers and opinion formers

I'm not arguing that only Scots should be allowed to live and work in Scotland or that only Scots should be able to teach in Scotland but the levels of migration into Scotland from one other country, England, are a form of de facto colonisation

It works both ways plenty Scot’s in England and are welcomed 

AyrJambo
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It works both ways plenty Scot’s in England and are welcomed 

Did you read the numbers?

0.9% would have little effect on English culture and institutions

13% to 15% is a different ball game

Edited by AyrJambo

Lord Montpelier
27 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

UK        67,026,000    
Wales        3,105,000    

We should be applauding these "migrants" crossing the border into Scotland with their professional skills and experience imo. Well done them

48 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

UK        67,026,000    
Wales        3,105,000    

Holy shit. That's abhorrent. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, AyrJambo said:

So what? we are the United Kingdom . We can live and move anywhere in this union. What a very parachochial xeonphobic SNP attitude. 

JudyJudyJudy
55 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

We should be applauding these "migrants" crossing the border into Scotland with their professional skills and experience imo. Well done them

I know  Bloody cheek they have with all them professional skills and experience and working too. Contribuiting . Probably paying more taxes than some others too. 

periodictabledancer
57 minutes ago, pablo said:

Holy shit. That's abhorrent. 

It isn't but it's an entirely predictable response. 

Lord Montpelier
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know  Bloody cheek they have with all them professional skills and experience and working too. Contribuiting . Probably paying more taxes than some others too. 

I thought the nationalists were all for inward migration and the economic and cultural benefits that can bring

But maybe I was wrong and it's a more selective philosophy 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I thought the nationalists were all for inward migration and the economic and cultural benefits that can bring

But maybe I was wrong and it's a more selective philosophy 

Only want migrants who will tow the stasi line . 

Des Lynam
8 hours ago, Libertarian said:

I suppose that’s your democratic right. 

:lol:

John Findlay
2 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Me thinks one is paranoid and doth protest to much.

Des Lynam
2 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

UK        67,026,000    
Wales        3,105,000    

:rofl:

This is why I detest nationalism. 

Can you imagine the brain drain if we achieved Independence? If we could find a market for bitterness we’d be fine in fairness. 

AyrJambo
2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Really? Why?

AyrJambo
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So what? we are the United Kingdom . We can live and move anywhere in this union. What a very parachochial xeonphobic SNP attitude. 

Who said anything about the SNP?

Cranston
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oohh you are awful but i like you

Cranston
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Can you imagine the brain drain if we achieved Independence? If we could find a market for bitterness we’d be fine in fairness. 

That's why Salmond and Sturgeon didn't achieve independence. Their massive ego's and anti UK policies were disastrous. They could and should have delivered.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Oohh you are awful but i like you

Well that’s nice . I like you too 😎

AyrJambo
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The world runs on nationalism

Nation states are  the default entities by which peoples interact and legitimised by the United...err...Nations

Hmfc1965
3 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

UK        67,026,000    
Wales        3,105,000    

So who are the colonists then?

Libertarian
39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You are aware that the British state is failing apart with record amounts of debt, increasing poverty and deprivation. Social mobility is declining along with life expectancy in many working class areas. The British establishment are literally killing people by maintaining the status quo 

Des Lynam
30 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

The world runs on nationalism

Nation states are  the default entities by which peoples interact and legitimised by the United...err...Nations

There is a massive difference between self interest and nationalism. 

Oh and the United Nations was actually formed on the back of a world war caused by rather exuberant nationalism. 

Libertarian
3 hours ago, Cranston said:

The Snp unfortunately, took the wrong course of policy towards the UK. Instead of making Scotland a success story, and demonstrating what could be, they did the complete opposite. Their main policy seems to have been deliberate failure, and blame the UK government for all their ills. Salmond and Sturgeon should have very easily completed the dream outcome, but look at them both now. Their reputations in tatters, their party facing terminal decline. A shambles.

Agree pretty much with most of this. However the SNP under Salmond provided reasonably competent government. Remember that Salmond was found unanoumsly not guilty and that the accusers (some of whom are being investigated for perjury) were all close to Sturgeon.

Edited by Libertarian

Malinga the Swinga
58 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Only want migrants who will tow the stasi line . 

Pretty clear they don't want the English migrants. The bitterness, jealousy and hatred of the English is evidently alive and well in Ayr.

Thank goodness their childish attitude is destined to fail, albeit not before they've caused untold damage to Scotland.

Cranston
4 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Agree pretty much with most of this. However the SNP under Salmond provided reasonably competent government. Remember that Salmond was found unanoumsly not guilty and that the accusers (some of whom are being investigated for perjury) were all close to Sturgeon.

The court of public opinion matters also, I'm afraid, and he lost a lot of trust and support after that. You're probably right about the reasonably competent, but the charge sheet did for him. Leering, leching, pinning down women, sticking unwanted tongue in throat etc. He may have been found not guilty but the mud stuck. 

No, what the snp needs is a fresh untainted, middle ground, super speaker type. Not going to happen overnight though unfortunately. They are on the downward I'm afraid to say. Labour will hoover up those who swapped sides for Salmond and Sturgeon all those years ago. 

AyrJambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty clear they don't want the English migrants. The bitterness, jealousy and hatred of the English is evidently alive and well in Ayr.

Thank goodness their childish attitude is destined to fail, albeit not before they've caused untold damage to Scotland.

It's nothing to do with hatred of anyone, English or otherwise

People in England are just as much victims of the way the UK is run and has been run for centuries for the benefit of the British Establishment

Scotland has a way out of the cluster**** that is the UK and that is to normalise as a once more independent sovereign state

Des Lynam
4 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

You are aware that the British state is failing apart with record amounts of debt, increasing poverty and deprivation. Social mobility is declining along with life expectancy in many working class areas. The British establishment are literally killing people by maintaining the status quo 

The record amount of debt is a concern but in global terms the UK is hardly stand alone with this problem. Unless we invent a time machine and take a different path with North sea oil we unfortunately need to get on with it. How do you suggest we turn things around? 

Lord Montpelier
59 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Really? Why?

You've probably applauded Frankie Kent this season ? A man who has crossed the border with his professional skills and experience ?