Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

TallPaul
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Question ? How does one “ project “ hate ? And even harder question how do you prove it ? 

Most people hate Humza myself included. Best get it out there before April.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Most people hate Humza myself included. Best get it out there before April.

As JK Rowling said yesterday she is preparing for the “ mother of all April fools jokes “ on April 1st . That day is going to be fireworks 🧨 it’s no coincidence that a prominent “ naw bag” is on Humzas hit list come April 1st . 

Gundermann
40 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

As JK Rowling said yesterday she is preparing for the “ mother of all April fools jokes “ on April 1st . That day is going to be fireworks 🧨 it’s no coincidence that a prominent “ naw bag” is on Humzas hit list come April 1st . 

Ah, her? She's nice.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Ah, her? She's nice.

She's certainly preferable to Frankie Boyle.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

She's certainly preferable to Frankie Boyle.

He’s about as funny as a fire in an orphanage . 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Ah, her? She's nice.

What it is about confident , self made billionaire , women’s and girls rights campaigner ,gender critical feminist ,  unionist , English JK Rowling don’t you like ? 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

A 10% flat rate tax.

Funded by reparations from London .

We forego the land clearances and the changing of the natural landscape for sport.

We do however lay claim to the United Kingdoms wealth .

Which was as Oxford studies have proven disproportionately enhanced by Scottish entrepreneurs. 

The debt cannot be inherited as the Scottish vote in such careless squandering corrupt times was meaningless.

Did Australia have to pay ?

Or any other country ?

So what reasons do folk have for staying in the union given every single regional power at absolute local level is beyond skint?

periodictabledancer
48 minutes ago, Ked said:

So what reasons do folk have for staying in the union given every single regional power at absolute local level is beyond skint?

Cos it's too hard to sit down and think about the 'cost' of staying in the union. Much easier to just  scaremonger over how bad it might be in an independent country. 

Or insist on a post independence fiscal plan with absolute guarantees.

Meanwhile the UK is collapsing and that's OK because any alternative would be worse. 

manaliveits105

Like the scaremonger Swinney with his it will be tough years of austerity 

i wish jj was my dad
19 hours ago, henryheart said:

Your background and intent are irrelevant. It is all down to how a person interprets what you say or do. If any person takes offence at anything that another person does or says in the areas of disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation and transgender identity and that person reports it then it will be logged by Police Scotland as a hate crime. 

Police Scotland want hate crimes reported. They are defining these as disability race, religion sexual orientation or transgender identity. That all sounds reasonable to me.  Alleged crimes would of course have to properly prosecuted through the criminal justice system which would require weight of evidence which also sounds perfectly reasonable?  

I'm guessing evidence of online abuse will be easy enough for police Scotland to collect for example as it is difficult to hide your online footprint.  Less straightforward to assess reports of isolated incidents if they are not witnessed but that will be the same as any crime I guess. 

I'm sure they will be prepared for arseholes wasting their time because they have a particular axe to grind. Certainly hope so. 

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What it is about confident , self made billionaire , women’s and girls rights campaigner ,gender critical feminist ,  unionist , English JK Rowling don’t you like ? 

An interesting question you pose but quite ironic given your inability to tell us all, despite being asked several times, just what it is you don't like about Scotland's FM Humza Yousaf?

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Police Scotland want hate crimes reported. They are defining these as disability race, religion sexual orientation or transgender identity. That all sounds reasonable to me.  Alleged crimes would of course have to properly prosecuted through the criminal justice system which would require weight of evidence which also sounds perfectly reasonable?  

I'm guessing evidence of online abuse will be easy enough for police Scotland to collect for example as it is difficult to hide your online footprint.  Less straightforward to assess reports of isolated incidents if they are not witnessed but that will be the same as any crime I guess. 

I'm sure they will be prepared for arseholes wasting their time because they have a particular axe to grind. Certainly hope so. 

Sometimes it’s not a hate crime, or a crime, or even offensive .

If someone is easily offended then look out world!

it’s so subjective it’s beyond belief.

Especially with gender thought crimes.

I have made mistakes - it’s tricky to say she and her when talking to someone obviously male.

the cognitive dissonance makes it quite challenging .

Its not meant to be insulting or hateful, but can be taken as such - and even if eventually found not guilty the effect on someone’s career can be terminal .

Over what?

Any real damage?

Or just hurt feelings?

If hurting feelings is a crime the jails would be full and the streets empty

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, Ked said:

We could have been turning a corner if we hadn't shat it.

Ain’t this the truth…

What a bunch of absolute shitebags. 

Nucky Thompson

It would be epic if Westminster also blocked this new law :sweeet:

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I have made mistakes - it’s tricky to say she and her when talking to someone obviously male.

Its not meant to be insulting or hateful, but can be taken as such - and even if eventually found not guilty the effect on someone’s career can be terminal .

Over what?

Any real damage?

Or just hurt feelings?

Yep it’s subjective . The police will be overwhemed . That’s the major issue with it . And even if a person isn’t charge with an offence , im sure police Scotland will have it recorded somewhere ready  to use when they want to. It happens in England . The amount of people i could have could got charged due abuse I’ve had through the years due to my sexual orientation would be a lot .

But I’m more resilient to “ hurty “ words and I believe people have the right to be anti gay if they wish . The Muslim religion is particularly homophobic .

Maybe I should stand near my local mosque in rainbow 🌈 clad hot pants and see what reaction I get ? Btw as we all know most religions are anti gay . 

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It would be epic if Westminster also blocked this new law :sweeet:

Makes me wonder if that is why they are pursuing this . They are that sneaky and underhand , more grievence , more rancour between Scotland and England . However it hasn’t really translated into votes judging by the GRA fiasco . It could back fire on them yet again as many people aren’t aware of this act so more publicity is better . They tried it with football and it got nowhere . However prepare for arrests at football matches if that little ditty “ up. To your knees in “ etc is sang . That would be Covered in  the act . When I hear it I just find it pathetic but I’m no going to rush to report it to the Stasi . Cause I’m not a snowflake . 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

An interesting question you pose but quite ironic given your inability to tell us all, despite being asked several times, just what it is you don't like about Scotland's FM Humza Yousaf?

Told you he’s hopeless , incompetent , encourages division and hate ( white white speech ) I could go on . Anyway what you chipping in for the question was to him he  still hasn’t answered  , 

BlueRiver
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He must just be a mental Yoon really. 

manaliveits105

The snp certainly have a few fascinated followers on here 

IMG_4800.png

Konrad von Carstein

Just checking to determine whether the circle jerk by the usual suspects is ongoing, unsurprisingly, it is...

image.png.725e8c3aa2e8bde503dd3f9a46654e89.png

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

The snp certainly have a few fascinated followers on here 

IMG_4800.png

Says the obsessive in chief :lol:

BlueRiver
6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just checking to determine whether the circle jerk by the usual suspects is ongoing, unsurprisingly, it is...

Voyeur...

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Voyeur...

I need help :(

BlueRiver
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I need help :(

Lucky for you, we're all here to lend a hand 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

:lol:

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Btw as we all know most religions are anti gay . 

Some of us atheists are anti gay too, jamesey. 

:seething:

Konrad von Carstein
16 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

:tlj:

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:tlj:

Should I ever find myself paying any attention to a single word that you post, Konnie, I'll head over to the assisted dying thread for some inspiration on how best to fix myself.

Konrad von Carstein
9 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Should I ever find myself paying any attention to a single word that you post, Konnie, I'll head over to the assisted dying thread for some inspiration on how best to fix myself.

:sadrobbo:

Harsh! But fair :(

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I’m offended by that  , is it not ridiculing homosexual group sex ? 😎

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

True ! Hope didn’t offend any religious people and non religious . So in effect everybody . See how ludicrous it all is ? 

Konrad von Carstein
19 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

True ! Hope didn’t offend any religious people and non religious . So in effect everybody . See how ludicrous it all is ? 

We need more people being offended IMO...

:terrific:

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

We need more people being offended IMO...

:terrific:

Not in Scotland it seems 😎😎

Japan Jambo
4 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Just as well, his are busy...

Konrad von Carstein
26 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

:biker:

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

IMG_4717.jpeg

AyrJambo
17 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Cos it's too hard to sit down and think about the 'cost' of staying in the union. Much easier to just  scaremonger over how bad it might be in an independent country. 

Or insist on a post independence fiscal plan with absolute guarantees.

Meanwhile the UK is collapsing and that's OK because any alternative would be worse. 

Scotland is a de facto colony in this "union" and the cost is plain to see for those who have eyes...

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2024/03/19/the-real-economic-price-of-the-uk-union-for-scots/

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, pablo said:

Colony haha

Slaver a lot of shite, get the cult frothing and then post your bank details for donations :lol::lol:

15 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

It's such an amazing time living under the Tory governments during the last 14 years of austerity, frankly most people hardly even notice the missing public services, the shredding of mental health support or the proliferation of food banks and school breakfast clubs. They care not a jot about people expiring in hospital car parks, waiting 2 weeks for a GP phone call or doing DIY dentistry due to the lack of NHS dentists.

Nope, the "not trying hard enough crew" don't notice these issues, they are far, far too busy abdicating personal responsibility and basking in all the free stuff and free money from the Scottish government, basically living off the teat of Tall Paul's benevolent tax revenues.  

It wouldn't surprise me if the Tory vote understandably goes up. 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Colony haha

a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers from that country.

TallPaul
16 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers from that country.

Unbelievable levels of desperation throwing around terms like that 

i wish jj was my dad
14 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Over what?

Any real damage?

Or just hurt feelings?

Hate crimes as I see it is when you abuse somebody because of the characteristics described. 

I've not really got a lot of time for dickheads that go out of their way to be offended, particularly when they are happy to dish it out to others.so I agree with your point to an extent. 

I'm not going to get upset for example when OF fans target me for being a fe*nian or orange ******* but I'd happily see them all lifted and prosecuted because the intent is there. 

Arseholes noising up a gay guy in the diggers for his his camp dress sense or abusing an FM online because his faith obviously means he is a pal of terrorists 

are probably in that category too. If the evidence stacks up I'd have no problem seeing them huckled.

It's not that long ago racism, sectarianism and homophobia were accepted. I'm glad we've progressed. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Hate crimes as I see it is when you abuse somebody because of the characteristics described. 

I've not really got a lot of time for dickheads that go out of their way to be offended, particularly when they are happy to dish it out to others.so I agree with your point to an extent. 

I'm not going to get upset for example when OF fans target me for being a fe*nian or orange ******* but I'd happily see them all lifted and prosecuted because the intent is there. 

Arseholes noising up a gay guy in the diggers for his his camp dress sense or abusing an FM online because his faith obviously means he is a pal of terrorists 

are probably in that category too. If the evidence stacks up I'd have no problem seeing them huckled.

It's not that long ago racism, sectarianism and homophobia were accepted. I'm glad we've progressed. 

Would you agree then that said FM should be buckled for comments such 'lets make Scotland Tory free' and his too many whites in Scotland rant? Pretty sure that's stirring up hate.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Would you agree then that said FM should be buckled for comments such 'lets make Scotland Tory free' and his too many whites in Scotland rant? Pretty sure that's stirring up hate.

He hasn’t got a clue about this issue .It’s clouded in his hatred of me . His obsessive hatred of me . He then mentions he’s not bothered about being called a “ fenian “ but happy to see them huckled ? What ???  So what about others who are upset by being called a “ fenian “ aren’t their feelings of any value ?

Most of the offensive  comments on that posting are alluding to me . I’d rather he be honest and say who he means than his usual

“ generalisations “ it’s rather cowardly . 

? And the gay friend of mine who he is talking about got harassed in “ Stratties “ not “ diggers “ and he or I wouldn’t have wanted the guys lifted or charged . We dealt with it by ignoring it . If we had taken action we could have spoke to the bar staff but didn’t . Not because we were shite bags but because it didn’t bother us enough . 

He thinks the sun shines out of Humza bum so good luck with that question . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Lord Montpelier
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Fair point. If its good for the goose etc etc 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Fair point. If its good for the goose etc etc 

Its divisive dangerous rhetoric , but to be expected from him ,