Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

i wish jj was my dad
22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Would you agree then that said FM should be buckled for comments such 'lets make Scotland Tory free' and his too many whites in Scotland rant? Pretty sure that's stirring up hate.

I think the context of having no Scottish Tory seats in Scotland is quite different from exterminating Tory voters. If the intention is the latter then the key could be thrown away as far as I am concerned. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that though are they? I doubt the evidence would suggest otherwise. 

FWIW, I thought that the 'white, white, white,' comment was at best misguided but if a white politician had said something similar about BAME there would be uproar and rightly so. I'm surprised he didn't get a tug or at least a public warning.  It certainly merited it in my opinion. 

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think the context of having no Scottish Tory seats in Scotland is quite different from exterminating Tory voters. If the intention is the latter then the key could be thrown away as far as I am concerned. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that though are they? I doubt the evidence would suggest otherwise. 

FWIW, I thought that the 'white, white, white,' comment was at best misguided but if a white politician had said something similar about BAME there would be uproar and rightly so. I'm surprised he didn't get a tug or at least a public warning.  It certainly merited it in my opinion. 

Thank you for replying 

AyrJambo
4 hours ago, pablo said:

Colony haha

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Slaver a lot of shite, get the cult frothing and then post your bank details for donations :lol::lol:

3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Unbelievable levels of desperation throwing around terms like that 

All the conditions of a colonised nation have or do apply in Scotland

Theft of resources

Subjugation of language

Suppression of indigenous culture

Depopulation

Neglect of infrastructure

Subsidised by coloniser myths and lies

External control of media

Incoming settler population

Scotland is a country but has no control of it's own resources - one of the  the biggest oil and gas producers in Europe without (now) a single oil refinery

It's run by a devolved administraion of the British Civil Service and as someone once said "Power devolved is power retained"

It's a signatory to an international treaty (of union) but cannot act to rescind that treaty without permission from the other signatory

Sounds pretty much like a colony in all but name

Repeated colonisation attempts by military force throughout the 13th, 14th and 15th centuries were resisted but James VI started the rot in the 17th century culminating in the forced union in the early 18th

TallPaul
6 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Theft of resources

Subjugation of language

Depopulation

Scotland is a country but has no control of it's own resources - one of the  the biggest oil and gas producers in Europe without (now) a single oil refinery

It's run by a devolved administraion of the British Civil Service and as someone once said "Power devolved is power retained"

It's a signatory to an international treaty (of union) but cannot act to rescind that treaty without permission from the other signatory

Repeated colonisation attempts by military force throughout the 13th, 14th and 15th centuries were resisted but James VI started the rot in the 17th century culminating in the forced union in the early 18th

Do colonies participate in the governance of their nation? Do they willingly vote in referendum to remain part of the so called colony?

Glad to see you haven't resorted to extreme grievance politics though.

10 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers from that country.

Cringe 

6 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Theft of resources

Subjugation of language

Depopulation

Cringe again.

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thank you for replying 

All cool. Like most things I think that there is a debate to be had but it can't happen if the starting position is to label a different perspective as scummy. That's the point about the right to free speech. It really needs to be exercised responsibly. 

I've said before i thought Humza was a disaster waiting to happen and started with a target on his back because of his record as a Minister and the 'white, white, white' nonsense. His record as FM hasn't shown great signs of improvement either but I did think he showed up as one if not the better of the UK leaders on Gaza which suggested he'd learned or at least been advised better. 

Although he is probably young enough not to have  endured the worst of it, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for a young Moslem kid growing up here and i still see enough Islamaphobia to understand what motivates somebody in his position to want to stop it. 

I think it could be like the OBA. Just because it was badly written, I don't think it was the wrong thing to do and it was telling who was behind getting it repealed. 

il Duce McTarkin
11 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers from that country.

Being English, would you class me and my family as 'occupiers'?

8 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Same question to you, Ayr. Occupiers or citizens?

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I find the term quite offensive and insulting to English people who have made their home in Scotland . Borderline racist too . 

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

I find the term quite offensive and insulting to English people who have made their home in Scotland . Borderline racist too . 

Nothing borderline about it.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, il Duce McTarkin said:

I was trying to be subtle ! 😎 

TallPaul

Ayr Jambo should meet up for a pint with that crazy Ri Alban guy or what ever he was called. 

download.jpeg-20.jpg

Roxy Hearts
26 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

How dare you put something positive about Scotland on here! This forum is for unionists to greet, be hypocritical, denigrate etc. Get with the programme. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How dare you put something positive about Scotland on here! This forum is for unionists to greet, be hypocritical, denigrate etc. Get with the programme. 

I read it . Still a naw from me . 

Japan Jambo
15 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Scotland is a de facto colony in this "union" and the cost is plain to see for those who have eyes...

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2024/03/19/the-real-economic-price-of-the-uk-union-for-scots/

How is the transformation to Banana Republic coming along, was there an overwhelming mandate from Indyref 2 last October?

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I find the term quite offensive and insulting to English people who have made their home in Scotland . Borderline racist too . 

1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Xenophobic definitely, racist not so much.

Also definitely out of order to be using that type of language.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Xenophobic definitely, racist not so much.

Also definitely out of order to be using that type of language.

Being a white, Anglo Saxon, protestant, I don't get to play the race card often, Konnie. Please can I have this one? :(

JudyJudyJudy

Dp

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Konrad von Carstein
26 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Being a white, Anglo Saxon, protestant, I don't get to play the race card often, Konnie. Please can I have this one? :(

IMG_20240321_094820.jpg

TallPaul
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

How is the transformation to Banana Republic coming along, was there an overwhelming mandate from Indyref 2 last October?

Incredible the penny still hasn't dropped for them. So hard of thinking 

periodictabledancer
4 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I couldn't care less about you or your family and quite how you managed to contort a question like that out of a reply  that has feck all to do with you is quite something. But then you do go that extra mile to be an arsehole. 

Gundermann
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

UK Gov couldn't facilitate it due its broad shoulders eradicating poverty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68625344

TallPaul
17 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

<gets ready for the "but it'd be even worse under indy" posts>.

In fairness your side have done nothing to evidence otherwise 

BlueRiver

Some right honking language being bandied about in here but the Little Scotlanders. 

Then again we all know there's a nasty side to their so-called "civic nationalism". 

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I couldn't care less about you or your family and quite how you managed to contort a question like that out of a reply  that has feck all to do with you is quite something. 

See below, bud.

19 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Scotland is a de facto colony in this "union"

16 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Now, being that I'm English and living in Scotland, it's of great interest to me when folk post things that paint people like me as colonists, occupiers, and settlers. It always tickles me when the kiddy-on, inclusive Scottish lefty mask slips.

41 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

But then you do go that extra mile to be an arsehole. 

Glad to be of service. It must feel awful knowing that your country is colonised and settled by arseholes and you are utterly powerless to do anything about it. :D

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Some right honking language being bandied about in here but the Little Scotlanders. 

Then again we all know there's a nasty side to their so-called "civic nationalism". 

So true . 

Nucky Thompson
17 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

You're a settler in England are you not?

Did the Redcoats kidnap you from your but n ben in the Highlands and transport you over the border

Nucky Thompson

DP

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Dawnrazor
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Did the Redcoats kidnap you from your but n ben in the Highlands and transport you over the border

We need more settlers in England.

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

We need more settlers in England.

You're an ex-pat, Dawn. It's only Sassenachs that are colonisers and settlers. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

And another lives in Turkey  

Dawnrazor
3 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

You're an ex-pat, Dawn. It's only Sassenachs that are colonisers and settlers. 

Well that's a bit unfair Guv, is it not?

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And another lives in Turkey  

And another in Mexico.

All those bonnie Princes in exile getting us 'hoosers' telt.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Well that's a bit unfair Guv, is it not?

It is, but I don't make the rules, Dawn'.

You'll need to take it up with that boy from Ayr and the table dancer. :(

BlueRiver
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Good luck to Dawn trying to get sense out of either of them. 

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Good luck to Dawn trying to get sense out of either of them. 

Dawn' has specific methods for exctracting sense from folk, BR, generally after extracting a few teeth, fingernails, and part of the small intestine.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

BlueRiver
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Dawn' has specific methods for exctracting sense from folk, BR, generally after extracting a few teeth, fingernails, and part of the small intestine.

Ah he's a gid lad. 

Although he'll need to be mindful. The desperation to portray themselves as some poor under the boot abused Scotsmen might point to a serious masochism paraphillia. 

Des Lynam

I think this a problem for the independence movement that hidden in the background is a real anti English agenda that I for one can’t get on board with. 

I’d rather you argued the financials of independence. 

Roxy Hearts
5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I read it . Still a naw from me . 

I'm very surprised!

Dawnrazor
30 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

So if an English family move to and live and work in Scotland, they're "settlers" and "occupiers" but if a Scottish family move to and live and work in England, they're "ex pats"..........ok👍

Edited by Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor
19 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

😂

JudyJudyJudy
52 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

And another in Mexico.

All those bonnie Princes in exile getting us 'hoosers' telt.

Yes the ugly side of nationalism sadly . 

1 hour ago, TallPaul said:

In fairness your side have done nothing to evidence otherwise 

The latest proof is surely all the evidence anyone needs

image.jpeg.972f0a8656155695d33076a237ff4c10.jpeg

Dawnrazor
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes the ugly side of nationalism sadly . 

There's not really a pretty side to any nationalism James 😪

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

There's not really a pretty side to any nationalism James 😪

:wtfvlad:

:lol:

IMG_20240321_144007.jpg