Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, OTT said:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24291858.andrew-neil-red-faced-claim-yousaf-will-get-52k-year/

The £52k story was utter nonsense. He'll get £2k once he reaches pension age... how does a journo get that this badly wrong...

Andrew Neil making shit up to stir up outrage over er nothing? 

The gammons got their stiffies at it  and will quoted it periodically over the next 5-10 for dafties and frothers though so job done. 

Gundermann
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yet more deflection. Scottish government an absolute shambles, SNP being dictated to by a tiny wee party who are obsessed with gender politics and going through FM's faster than Hibs go through managers, yet you want to criticise Labour.

Must be difficult seeing through your tears as the independence dream dies. Even worse, it's been killed by your party and allowed to happen by independence supporters like yourself who have sat back and watched it happen, all the while clapping as Nicola and Humza drive nails into independence campaign.

It isn't. If Labour and Tory are whinging about ScotGov's record, it's fair as a voter to ask what they would do different. We can easily look to other areas of the UK and see similar and sometimes worse records under Labour and Tory. If they have all the answers and well-thought-out policies then why aren't they working there?

Explain how that reasoning is wrong?

LIke I said earlier, I'm not gonna defend the SNP's record on waiting times any more on its inability to provide a better local tax system. I'm just asking what exactly are they doing wrong? What would the other parties do - concrete examples of policy, please - to improve it? Can you or Mikey do that on behalf of the Tories and Labour? Go on, sell it to me.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Yep. 

I'm actually a little disappointed we didn't get to see Humza be his own man. 

The BHA absolutely hamstrung him, yet in the brief moments before things fell apart, he took £80m out of some active travel budget the greens had squirrelled away and stuck it into housing in Dundee. 

Fortunately, it should mean if Kate wins, she can go about things in her own way, without relying wholly on the greens, provided all parties engage in good faith. 

I would have preferred to see a minority trying to govern by consensus and hopefully move away from the toxicity we currently have. I said at the time he had a target on his back from his poor record as a Minister but probably more so from the 'white, white, white' nonsense that offered an open goal for the Hamas shite employed by the ugly mob.  He was patently not up to it but the abuse showed that we have a lot further to go in this country than I thought we had. 

As much as society needs more strife like a hole in the head we probably should have an election. So I'd rather a vote of no confidence had been passed. 

In the meantime, I think JS will provide stability if not much more than that. KF would benefit from keeping her powder dry until after the election and playing the longer game. 

il Duce McTarkin
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Must be difficult seeing through your tears as the independence dream dies. Even worse, it's been killed by your party 

Think Gundy's more SSP than SNP, Malinga. It would explain why he's so angry about pretty much everything.

Mikey1874
31 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

It isn't. If Labour and Tory are whinging about ScotGov's record, it's fair as a voter to ask what they would do different. We can easily look to other areas of the UK and see similar and sometimes worse records under Labour and Tory. If they have all the answers and well-thought-out policies then why aren't they working there?

LIke I said earlier, I'm not gonna defend the SNP's record on waiting times any more on its inability to provide a better local tax system. I'm just asking what exactly are they doing wrong? What would the other parties do - concrete examples of policy, please - to improve it? Can you or Mikey do that on behalf of the Tories and Labour? Go on, sell it to me.

Well it would be start to have a government in Scotland that governs. The SNP work towards independence before anything else. So a few years not doing that and concentrating on the challenges has to be worth it. 

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Most of us don't live in Wales though.

Or Norway 🇳🇴 😀

JudyJudyJudy

Looks like someone playing the race card re Humza getting the boot 🥾 desperate stuff 

Ulysses
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You can check. All the main health measures were much better under Labour in Scotland. 

I'm not really surprised.  But even if they weren't, I think most political parties in most places just run out of road anyway after a few years in office, and the SNP are approaching 17 years in the gig.  

Pans Jambo
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I'm not really surprised.  But even if they weren't, I think most political parties in most places just run out of road anyway after a few years in office, and the SNP are approaching 17 years in the gig.  

This is true. Their time is up. The horrifying thing is that theres NOTHING even half decent to replace them. Just more of the shite from down south. 

That thing you do
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well it would be start to have a government in Scotland that governs. The SNP work towards independence before anything else. So a few years not doing that and concentrating on the challenges has to be worth it. 

Im sorry but theyve done nothing related to independence. Sturgeon with Murrel as chief protagonist have made it their business not to pursue.

Of course the media portrays it differently but the SNP absolutely does not work towards independence first.

If it did it wouldnt have hit the bar with several open goals in recent years 

Australis
17 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Looks like someone playing the race card re Humza getting the boot 🥾 desperate stuff 

Pretty much guaranteed.

Lord Montpelier

Was listening to Fergus Ewing earlier

Felt really sorry for the guy.

He completely gets what the SNP need to be doing to deliver domestically and perhaps get more support for independence as a result. But is surrounded by woke far left "progressive" morons. 

Then that halfwit Kirsty Blackman came on to prove all his points. 

I'd be chucking the towel in if I was him. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Australis said:

Pretty much guaranteed.

Aye it was the misogyny card with Sturgeon with some too ! Never fails . The Celtic of politics . 

That thing you do
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The Scottish electorate will be too busy remembering the multitude of failures overseen by the current failed Scottish nationalist government, and their little green partners, to worry about perceived rhetoric.

Both SNP and Greens are an absolute disgrace. If they had a shred of courage or dignity between them, they would stand down and call an election, as they demanded Tory's In Westminster should do, as we see yet another unelected, by the people, take the throne.

I agree with this

Should be an election with Humza gone.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Was listening to Fergus Ewing earlier

Felt really sorry for the guy.

He completely gets what the SNP need to be doing to deliver domestically and perhaps get more support for independence as a result. But is surrounded by woke far left "progressive" morons. 

Then that halfwit Kirsty Blackman came on to prove all his points. 

I'd be chucking the towel in if I was him. 

Yes he’s old school SNP and his party have been infiltrated by the creepy Greens ideologies . 

That thing you do
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

They cant

Because the truth is you look at Tories in England and Labour in Wales and get zero inspiration for anything.

The SNP need and will get a giant kicking but Noone will be able to explain how Labour would be any better.

The last time they were in did we not have the chaos with private car parks at hospitals? Paid for by loans for 20 years.

Labour was in power 50 plus years in Scotland and did SFA.

Good luck arguing they are any better now with Starmer calling the shots.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Another one not to be trusted. 

Perhaps I’m being too harsh regarding the greens as the more I think about it the SNP have just as many creeps in their party ! 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:rofl:

She looks like hard work. 

:sadrobbo:

jack D and coke
56 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No they don’t :lol: 

They've done absolutely plums to advance it. It’s a unionists line and generally when they’ve got nothing much else to say.
It’s drivel. 

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:rofl:

She looks like hard work. 

You’ve got a filthy mind ! 🤣

CF11JamTart
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Most of us don't live in Wales though.

Generally it's ok. 

But it has become a single-party state, run by a bunch of low-achievers who are drunk on their own hubris and want to centralise and control everything. 

No clue about growing the economy or industry, but obsessed with planting trees, slowing-down traffic, and achieving 1 million Welsh speakers by 2050 (no idea how to achieve it, or even how to measure it). That's their One Big Thing. And probably the only growth industry

And if in doubt, blame the Tories.

Oh and the new First Minister is in a bit of a mess with dodgy-looking political donations. 

Still, you get who you vote for. And South Wales will vote Welsh Labour until the end of time. 

il Duce McTarkin
49 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Generally it's ok. 

But it has become a single-party state, run by a bunch of low-achievers who are drunk on their own hubris and want to centralise and control everything. 

No clue about growing the economy or industry, but obsessed with planting trees, slowing-down traffic, and achieving 1 million Welsh speakers by 2050 (no idea how to achieve it, or even how to measure it). That's their One Big Thing. And probably the only growth industry

:interehjrling:

That kind of nonsense would never catch on up here.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, CF11JamTart said:

Generally it's ok. 

Oh and the new First Minister is in a bit of a mess with dodgy-looking political donations. 

Still, you get who you vote for. And South Wales will vote Welsh Labour until the end of time. 

Replace Wales with England and Labour with Tories. 

Gizmo
1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

They cant

Because the truth is you look at Tories in England and Labour in Wales and get zero inspiration for anything.

The SNP need and will get a giant kicking but Noone will be able to explain how Labour would be any better.

The last time they were in did we not have the chaos with private car parks at hospitals? Paid for by loans for 20 years.

Labour was in power 50 plus years in Scotland and did SFA.

Good luck arguing they are any better now with Starmer calling the shots.

Those PFI deals led directly to dangerous new school builds. Sarwar needs to convince many voters that their failings of the past have been learned from and offer some olive branches to former Scottish Labour voters. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/09/damning-report-slams-firms-who-built-fault-ridden-scottish-schools
https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/snp-labour-pfi-schools-legacy-costs-councils-millions-860193

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, OTT said:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24291858.andrew-neil-red-faced-claim-yousaf-will-get-52k-year/

The £52k story was utter nonsense. He'll get £2k once he reaches pension age... how does a journo get that this badly wrong...

Wait? What?

So all they posts from the dribbling halfwits on here yesterday were based on unfounded bollocks from a unionist ring piece with shredded wheat on his heed? 

Genuinely never seen that coming. 

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait? What?

So all they posts from the dribbling halfwits on here yesterday were based on unfounded bollocks from a unionist ring piece with shredded wheat on his heed? 

Fair comment…

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

They could start by running country for everyone and not a minority.

They could start by concentrating on Scotland and not other countries.

They could start by getting rid of the green influence.

They could start by weeding out the Sturgeon followers and listening to public.

They could call an election after replacing FM again. You know, like they demanded Tories do.

They could cooperate with UK Government for good of Scotland and look to achieve improvements instead of constantly looking for fights, fights they know they'll lose.

You don't care though, you want independence so much, you couldn't care less what this corrupt and inept government do, as long as they dangle the independence carrot. 

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait? What?

Great attempt at deflection and I see it's being supported by another SNP fanboy. What he said has no impact on SNP shit show, the revolving door of FM's and the desperation to give the greens whatever they demand, all to keep the shitshow on the road.

You know that though but you just can't face the dream is dead, killed by SNP and you clapped while it happened.

You're a blind fool, a clapping seal who has been suckered into believing indy was coming by conmen and conwomen.

Have a good night 

Gundermann
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Labour is full of shit. That's evidenced by today's pointless VONC that wasted time just to prove they don't have the numbers to beat the SNP and Greens.

However, they did find time to Labstain against compensating women on unjust penion losses though. Plus ca change...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/msps-back-scottish-government-call-165133721.html

“And it’s shameful that both Labour and the Tories are now refusing to accept the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman’s findings on the UK Government’s failures.

“The SNP however will not rest until every single Waspi woman receives the justice – and full compensation – that they deserve.

“As long as Scotland remains part of this dysfunctional Westminster system, the SNP will be a strong voice for Waspi women and Scotland’s values.”

In April, the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) concluded in a report that women born in the 1950s affected by state pension changes that were not communicated adequately should receive an apology and payouts of up to £2950.

The UK Labour Party instructed their counterparts in Scotland not to commit to any sort of compensation scheme and simply suggest they will “consider the report”.

Edited by Gundermann

Gundermann
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They could start by running country for everyone and not a minority.

They could start by concentrating on Scotland and not other countries.

They could start by getting rid of the green influence.

They could start by weeding out the Sturgeon followers and listening to public.

They could call an election after replacing FM again. You know, like they demanded Tories do.

They could cooperate with UK Government for good of Scotland and look to achieve improvements instead of constantly looking for fights, fights they know they'll lose.

You don't care though, you want independence so much, you couldn't care less what this corrupt and inept government do, as long as they dangle the independence carrot. 

You don't answer my question though. Are we not entitled to ask of Labour and Tory what they'd do differently? Or do they just have magic wands that will make SNPbad disappear and we'll suddenly be in Brexit Britain heaven under Sunak or Starmer?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Labour is full of shit. That's evidenced by today's pointless VONC that wasted time just to prove they don't have the numbers to beat the SNP and Greens.

However, they did find time to Labstain against compensating women on unjust penion losses though. Plus ca change...

What kind of “ woman “ will they be fighting for ? Ones with a pair of baws ? 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

Labour not the problem in Scotland. That's the reserve of your beloved SNP and their masters at the moment, the Greens.

You know that though, you just can't get the words out cause it upsets you.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great attempt at deflection and I see it's being supported by another SNP fanboy. What he said has no impact on SNP shit show, the revolving door of FM's and the desperation to give the greens whatever they demand, all to keep the shitshow on the road.

You know that though but you just can't face the dream is dead, killed by SNP and you clapped while it happened.

You're a blind fool, a clapping seal who has been suckered into believing indy was coming by conmen and conwomen.

Have a good night 

👍👍

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

You don't answer my question though. Are we not entitled to ask of Labour and Tory what they'd do differently? Or do they just have magic wands that will make SNPbad disappear and we'll suddenly be in Brexit Britain heaven under Sunak or Starmer?

Well they won't spend every moment greeting about how unfair life is and how oppressed Scotland is for a start.

I've worked and lived in a labour led Scotland before and it was better than the total mess this lot have left us in now.

Gundermann
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Labour not the problem in Scotland. That's the reserve of your beloved SNP and their masters at the moment, the Greens.

You know that though, you just can't get the words out cause it upsets you.

No answers yet... deflection?

What policies of Labour and Tory do you admire? How will they change Scotland for the better? Will Labour and Tory still live in fear of their Brexiteer masters? Does Murdoch still call the shots?

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well they won't spend every moment greeting about how unfair life is and how oppressed Scotland is for a start.

I've worked and lived in a labour led Scotland before and it was better than the total mess this lot have left us in now.

Fair comment 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And it’s obvious why Labour were more successful in government in Scotland . They weren’t distracted by Indy pish . They got on with the day job 

hughesie27

I never had "deflection" as the new favourite term tbf. 

When proven wrong, use deflection.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Go to bed 

hughesie27
25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Go to bed 

Yes Daddy.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes Daddy.

IMG_8301.gif

AyrJambo
45 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A recent development it seems

If unable to argue a point cry "deflekshun" 

😆

BlueRiver

Can't defend the conduct of the SNP? 

Point at Welsh Labour instead. 

BlueRiver

On the subject of time wasting what does that vote on WASPI rights achieve? 

Posturing to no real effect as per? SNP all over that. 

AyrJambo

I've never tried to defend the conduct of the SNP on here

Nor pointed at Welsh Labour

BlueRiver
6 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

I've never tried to defend the conduct of the SNP on here

Nor pointed at Welsh Labour

Wasnt aimed at you. I disagree with you on some things but you don't dive about like prime Maldini defending everything done by those with a yellow rosette. 

AyrJambo
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Wasnt aimed at you. I disagree with you on some things but you don't dive about like prime Maldini defending everything done by those with a yellow rosette. 

Fair dos mate

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Australis said:

Pretty much guaranteed.

Race wasn't what brought him down because for all their faults i don't believe any of our Holyrood leaders are racist arseholes who would stoop quite as low as that. 

He's oot because he was not up to the job but maybe you missed the frequent references on here about him 'giving money to his terrorist pals', being dubbed 'Hamas' rather than Humza, 'he comes over here' etc. No snide racism about any of that of is there? Just good banter from 'The Lads'. 

You and your buddies might miss the days of Love thy Neighbour and Curry and Chips when ridiculing somebody for their race or religion was acceptable but I'd rather we moved on from that kind of shite.