Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The “ right wing “ slur has lost any impact now . It’s nothing . She is best to ignore those stating she is . Ofcourse the so called lefties like the greens want to silence and cancel her . How terribly “ not “ left wing . I’d be impressed if she won the leadership campaign but the malignant influence of the Murrel dynasty and the greens may still hold too much power . 

I think so, its just the SNP have put a lot of these lefties into pretty major positions of power. Mhairi Black is deputy at Westminster, Kirsty Blackman was deputy at Westminster, Graham Campbell IIRC is on their NEC, Toni Giugliano who couldn't win an election for a broom cupboard against a bucket is in charge of policy development... 

Its a lot of the wrong people in important positions. The party is declining in popularity because the path they are on is toxic. Its alienating voters, and isn't in keeping with the big tent ideals that the party has generally operated under (independence being the uniting factor). 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think so, its just the SNP have put a lot of these lefties into pretty major positions of power. Mhairi Black is deputy at Westminster, Kirsty Blackman was deputy at Westminster, Graham Campbell IIRC is on their NEC, Toni Giugliano who couldn't win an election for a broom cupboard against a bucket is in charge of policy development... 

Its a lot of the wrong people in important positions. The party is declining in popularity because the path they are on is toxic. Its alienating voters, and isn't in keeping with the big tent ideals that the party has generally operated under (independence being the uniting factor). 

Good posting . Hence the reasons Kate Forbes is popular with the general public . She’s saying what people want to hear and she’s nowhere near those people you mentioned above . 

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Can you provide any examples to back up your nonsense?

I have only just skimmed the last few pages but AFAIK you are the only one who has used any cliched stereotypes about the image  of Scotland

Similarly, as far as being "better than the English" goes, again you are the one who has introduced this trope into the recent debate

Scottish independence, or more accurately, the restoration of Scottish sovereignty, is not about being better than anyone, English or otherwise

It is about being a normal country rather than a subordinated partner in a forced, corrupt union

Independence is normal!

Excellent post...you fascist nationalist... :dribble:

henryheart
51 minutes ago, OTT said:

The problem with Swinney is that he needs to and as is being said will have the backing of the Greens and that comes with a cost. What that cost will be we do not yet know, but one thing that is for sure is that the SNP cannot allow the tail to wag the dog. They have to distance themselves from the Greens at all costs.

Edited by henryheart
corrected grammar

smallfaces
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Forbes would be constantly be asked about her voting record. She may try and keep her crazy views out of her political activity but an FM who really believes that I'm gonna burn in hell for having kids outside marriage or watching football on the Sabbath never mind my gay neighbours, isn't my cup of tea.

Presumably it was acceptable for the same person to hold the finance minister post?

frankblack
4 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Forbes would be constantly be asked about her voting record. She may try and keep her crazy views out of her political activity but an FM who really believes that I'm gonna burn in hell for having kids outside marriage or watching football on the Sabbath never mind my gay neighbours, isn't my cup of tea.

Humza dodged those votes by arranging meetings with constituents to clash.

Psychedelicropcircle

We need an election much like Westminster the electorate don’t like the pass the baton game.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Can you provide any examples to back up your nonsense?

I have only just skimmed the last few pages but AFAIK you are the only one who has used any cliched stereotypes about the image  of Scotland

Similarly, as far as being "better than the English" goes, again you are the one who has introduced this trope into the recent debate

Scottish independence, or more accurately, the restoration of Scottish sovereignty, is not about being better than anyone, English or otherwise

It is about being a normal country rather than a subordinated partner in a forced, corrupt union

Independence is normal!

Well said 

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The intention was to have a state sponsored person involved in families where there was zero need for it . Let parents parent , if parents need help support then it can be provided to the most in need / vulnerable . It would have been a waste of money and resources to target every child . Imo . That’s why it was ultimately canned 

What specifically d'you mean by 'involved in families'?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

What specifically d'you mean by 'involved in families'?

Involvement in families who have no need for any state intervention . Is that any clearer for you ? 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Involvement in families who have no need for any state intervention . Is that any clearer for you ? 

Not really.

What - specifically - do you mean by 'involvement'?

3 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

How do you reconcile the above with your later assertion that the the US - Canada border is somehow different from the Manitoba - Saskatchewan border when your definition of a nation is that it is solely defined by a land border?

By your definition all the countries on the American continent are surely one nation

I may have used somewhat blunt language above but my point stands

It is tragic that so many are so mentally colonised and propagandised over generations and centuries that they do not have the confidence to vote for their own country to join all the other countries in the world

I am sorry you are unable to work out the simplicity of the land border. A country is a land border, a county is a land border, your house and garden are a land border which make up your address. It is "tragic that you are so mentally" closed to your own ideals that you do not recognise simplicity. When it comes to propaganda it would appear you are the one taken in by it all and ignoring simple facts, but hey if it makes you happy enjoy it! 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Not really.

Sticking their beaks into parents , parenting . It’s not the states responsibility to parent children . That’s a parents right and the state should only be involved if there are concerns for the child’s welfare or the child needs specific supports . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Not really.

Seems like you are being deliberately obtuse . 

Thunder and Lightning

Definitely. 

Still, it's better than the deflection brigades shite trolling with the land border nonsense. 

I'm surprised the usual suspects haven't moaned about how off topic it is. 

Sticking their beaks into parents , parenting . It’s not the states responsibility to parent children . That’s a parents right and the state should only be involved if there are concerns for the child’s welfare . 

What do you mean by 'Sticking their beaks into parents , parenting'?

It seems to me you have a very skewed understanding of the how the process was intended to operate.

Yet again you need to be called out for your hysterical horseshite which, if repeated often enough, becomes the 'truth' for many of the hard-of-understanding on here.

From Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC): practice guidance 2 – role of the named person - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)

"Within the GIRFEC approach, these foundations are carried out through the role of a named person who is able to provide a clear point of contact within universal services, if a child, young person or family want information, advice or help.

The support of a named person is available to all children, young people and their families. However, there is no obligation on children, young people and families to accept the offer of advice or support from a named person."

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

What do you mean by 'Sticking their beaks into parents , parenting'?

It seems to me you have a very skewed understanding of the how the process was intended to operate.

Yet again you need to be called out for your hysterical horseshite which, if repeated often enough, becomes the 'truth' for many of the hard-of-understanding on here.

From Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC): practice guidance 2 – role of the named person - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)

"Within the GIRFEC approach, these foundations are carried out through the role of a named person who is able to provide a clear point of contact within universal services, if a child, young person or family want information, advice or help.

The support of a named person is available to all children, young people and their families. However, there is no obligation on children, young people and families to accept the offer of advice or support from a named person."

Nope it was going to be compulsory . That’s why it got canned . Stop deflecting away again . It was an infringement on parents right to parent without state interference . You love the SNP . They promote the nanny state , which chief mammy proudly self titled herself . The all seeing corporate parent . People are horrified with  the  creepy greens and their obsession around children too . The greens who were basically the policy makers in the few years . That’s who you and your ilk support . 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Definitely. 

Still, it's better than the deflection brigades shite trolling with the land border nonsense. 

No they promote it . Saves talking about real issues . Things that really matter to every day Scot’s 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

Oh looks who turned up . Must have  dried his tears , The well known hater . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Nope it was going to be compulsory . That’s why it got canned . Stop deflecting away again . It was an infringement on parents right to parent without state interference . You love the SNP . They promote the nanny state , which chief mammy proudly self titled herself . The all seeing corporate parent . People are horrified with  the  creepy greens and their obsession around children too . The greens who were basically the policy makers in the few years . That’s who you and your ilk support . 

:lol:

You know nothing.

As you repeatedly demonstrate on here day after day after tedious day.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh looks who turned up . Must face dried his tears . The well known hater . 

You're clearly on a roll of talking shite this evening. 

Once you're done getting your arse handed to you by Boof you can post the examples of me being a 'well known hater' 

I'll not interrupt you further in making a total **** of yourself. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

You're clearly on a roll of talking shite this evening. 

Once you're done getting your arse handed to you by Boof you can post the examples of me being a 'well known hater' 

I'll not interrupt you further in making a total **** of yourself. 

Aye cheerio  ,there’s  an unpleasant whiff when you’re around . I’ve got a heightened sense around people like you . 

hughesie27

Am I wrong in thinking that you could go through life and never even realise that you had a named person unless you or more likely your parents specifically sought them out?

(Outside of knowing that it is likely your teacher).

Hardly interfering. 

Edited by hughesie27

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Totally wide of the mark. And before you come back with a gift, or cheap remark I have been down the road of child care and it is nothing like you think it is / was.

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You are wasting your time. It's just deflection after deflection in an attempt to shy away from the SNP's total self imposed implosion.

The Mighty Thor

Aye cheerio  ,there’s  an unpleasant whiff when you’re around . I’ve got a heightened sense around people like you . 

You mean people that have sussed out that you're a casually unpleasant and not particularly bright individual? 

The sense you ought to work on heightening is self awareness. 

Cranston
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Named person scheme scrapped by Scottish government https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49753980

Clear breaches of human rights 

IMG_8289.thumb.jpeg.f83d3a2a0321605b31d964ba006a8c90.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

I think it was well intentioned. There were many children/young adults of my decades ago generation, who would have benefitted, from having wise, well intentioned adults, showing them a different way, even just trying to get through to them, by listening, giving advice etc. Too many children were feral, left to their own devices, and wrongly influenced. Many of them could have reached their potential, instead of being a burden upon society. Honestly, think the Snp were right to attempt to intervene in young lives.

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Definitely. 

Agreed. Usual suspects circling wagons round anything and everything to try and drag attention away from latest fiasco. They're also rushing to each others defence on any topic in attempt to support each other through this trying time of watching their dream, the dream they were willing to sacrifice generation after generation of Scottish people to achieve, die a quick and painful death.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You are wasting your time. It's just deflection after deflection in an attempt to shy away from the SNP's total self imposed implosion.

Aye it happens all the time . Can’t even be critical of anything regarding their beloved SNP . If the named person was such a great scheme why was it canned ? 

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/23/good-riddance-to-the-named-person-scheme/amp/

IMG_8291.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agreed. Usual suspects circling wagons round anything and everything to try and drag attention away from latest fiasco. They're also rushing to each others defence on any topic in attempt to support each other through this trying time of watching their dream, the dream they were willing to sacrifice generation after generation of Scottish people to achieve, die a quick and painful death.

Yes must have sent emergency signals to the big throbber so he could get his oar in . Ofcourse the others will sense blood and try get theirs oar in too  !! But I’m no playing . 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Cranston said:

I think it was well intentioned. There were many children/young adults of my decades ago generation, who would have benefitted, from having wise, well intentioned adults, showing them a different way, even just trying to get through to them, by listening, giving advice etc. Too many children were feral, left to their own devices, and wrongly influenced. Many of them could have reached their potential, instead of being a burden upon society. Honestly, think the Snp were right to attempt to intervene in young lives.

They can't be trusted to run their own personal lives let alone be trusted to run a scheme where they could influence youngsters.

The belief the state knows best is why we have a number of cult like followers who simply go along with whatever shit the SNP and their ex/soon to be reconciled green cohorts.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Yes if it had been targeted to the most in need but it wasn’t . 

Cranston
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh right. Who was it targeted at instead Judy? 

I haven't read up on it, just assumed it would be for the most in need, and showing signs of going off the rails possibly.

All I will say you know nothing about it, like a few others on here.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They can't be trusted to run their own personal lives let alone be trusted to run a scheme where they could influence youngsters.

The belief the state knows best is why we have a number of cult like followers who simply go along with whatever shit the SNP and their ex/soon to be reconciled green cohorts.

The greens and their supporters should be nowhere near families and have influence on young people . 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, micole said:

All I will say is that the only fact here is the policy was scrapped. That's because it was a horrific and potentially illegal act. We all know that 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

All I will say is that the only fact here is the policy was scrapped. That's because it was a horrific and potentially illegal act. We all know that 

Correct ! 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I can only go in the experience I had with my daughter and her kids , and it benefitted her greatly. Now that might not fall into people's political agenda  but I really could not give a feck.

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, micole said:

It's rightly available for vulnerable kids.

For anyone else it got chucked in the bin. And rightly.  And it should stay there, we don't need more state overreach into our private lives from the SNP 

hughesie27
19 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Aye it happens all the time . Can’t even be critical of anything regarding their beloved SNP . If the named person was such a great scheme why was it canned ? 

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/23/good-riddance-to-the-named-person-scheme/amp/

IMG_8291.jpeg

I've not read the last few pages, but has anyone actually really championed the policy? All I've read is people pointing out that your definition of what it was is inaccurate a d a couple of people saying it helped them personally. Nobody from what I've seen has bemoaned it for resulting in their parenting being brought into question.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's rightly available for vulnerable kids.

For anyone else it got chucked in the bin. And rightly.  And it should stay there, we don't need more state overreach into our private lives from the SNP 

See a pattern here with the SNP ? Try pass  an act which infringes on people’s rights/ liberties / Safety  and hope no one notices it ? The named person ? GRR balls and then the hate crime ( all but neutered ) ?

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've not read the last few pages, but has anyone actually really championed the policy? All I've read is people pointing out that your definition of what it was is inaccurate a d a couple of people saying it helped them personally. Nobody from what I've seen has bemoaned it for resulting in their parenting being brought into question.

This is the point, people shouting from the sidelines, without actually having any idea how it works.  I suppose I'll get accused of being a cultist/ SNP ect but I can live with that.

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

See a pattern here with the SNP ? Try pass  an act which infringes on people’s rights/ liberties / Safety  and hope no one notices it ? The named person ? GRR balls and then the hate crime ( all but neutered ) ?

Had the named person's act gone through it would not have surprised me to find out the named people shared similar political views as the Scottish greens

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Had the named person's act gone through it would not have surprised me to find out the named people shared similar political views as the Scottish greens

Yep 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

IMG_8075.jpeg

doctor jambo
32 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Honest , well intentioned adults teaching them about inclusion , drag acts and gender transition …