Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

7 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Wasnt aimed at you. I disagree with you on some things but you don't dive about like prime Maldini defending everything done by those with a yellow rosette. 

Oi !

Maldini could come in at the end of a game with not a mark on him he was that good.

Diving about ! 
Leave the great man out of this !

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great attempt at deflection and I see it's being supported by another SNP fanboy. What he said has no impact on SNP shit show, the revolving door of FM's and the desperation to give the greens whatever they demand, all to keep the shitshow on the road.

You know that though but you just can't face the dream is dead, killed by SNP and you clapped while it happened.

You're a blind fool, a clapping seal who has been suckered into believing indy was coming by conmen and conwomen.

Have a good night 

No deflection from me. 

Simply pointing out that a tweet by Andrew Neil was swallowed by the easily outraged, gullible half-wits who went on to fill the best part of two pages with utter shite. 

Dream is dead, blind fool, clapping seal? 😂

Why are you so worried about what the SNP are getting up to? I thought you went to Berwick when Liz Truss reduced taxes in England in her stellar budget? Remember that budget? The one that greatly reduced the value of the pension you're so fond of telling us all about at every opportunity?

Wait til Labour get in and set about what's left of it.

The dream is dead likesy 😂

BlueRiver
59 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oi !

Maldini could come in at the end of a game with not a mark on him he was that good.

Diving about ! 
Leave the great man out of this !

😂 I apologise profusely for my clumsy description of a defensive legend. 

AyrJambo
18 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

😂 I apologise profusely for my clumsy description of a defensive legend. 

Besides I am far too auld to be diving about like anyone! 🙂

BlueRiver
23 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Besides I am far too auld to be diving about like anyone! 🙂

I'm not even that old and I doubt I could take it anymore either 😂

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No deflection from me. 

Simply pointing out that a tweet by Andrew Neil was swallowed by the easily outraged, gullible half-wits who went on to fill the best part of two pages with utter shite. 

Dream is dead, blind fool, clapping seal? 😂

Why are you so worried about what the SNP are getting up to? I thought you went to Berwick when Liz Truss reduced taxes in England in her stellar budget? Remember that budget? The one that greatly reduced the value of the pension you're so fond of telling us all about at every opportunity?

Wait til Labour get in and set about what's left of it.

The dream is dead likesy 😂

And yet not one of the numerous SNP supporters on this thread were able to correct the record either 🤷‍♂️

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

And yet not one of the numerous SNP supporters on this thread were able to correct the record either 🤷‍♂️

Good point ! And what SNP supporters ? Apparently they don’t really support them now if they ever did 😂

lost in space

I see that we are discussing the SNP and it is Page "666"...........

Hagar the Horrible

One Party has a never end of leaders, all unelected, who have deprived the people of self determination, brought down the economy, there to serve a minority. Refuse elections, refuse change.  so far removed from the people, It is not the tories I am talking about.

That thing you do
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Labour not the problem in Scotland. That's the reserve of your beloved SNP and their masters at the moment, the Greens.

You know that though, you just can't get the words out cause it upsets you.

Labour will be the problem if they get in though. They offered nothing for 50 years running Scotland, they will be controlled from London where Starmer looks like doing a bawhair different to Sunak.

They are inheriting a mess of a UK economy that is stagnant for years and that should tell you nothing is getting better. The UK is a basket case and Labour will get the standard 8% Barnett of a mess to run Scotland with. The problem is Macro not Micro. Whoever is on Holyrood wont change that as they don't have the levers to do so.

There will still be council bankruptcies, potholes and poor waiting times regardless of who gets in.

As Ive previously said the SNP need punted and the Sturgeonites kicked but anyone thinking Labour will do a good job when they havent in Wales and didnt when they last were in power is deluding themselves, especially when the UK as a whole has a financial black hole.

Anyone thinking Scotland will have any kind of voice or things will magically improve with Labour who will just enact here what Starmer does in London also need their heads examined.

Edited by That thing you do

AyrJambo
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I see that we are discussing the SNP and it is Page "666"...........

Are you a Kate Forbes supporter then? 😉

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

One Party has a never end of leaders, all unelected, who have deprived the people of self determination, brought down the economy, there to serve a minority. Refuse elections, refuse change.  so far removed from the people, It is not the tories I am talking about.

snp the  hubz of politics 

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

:rofl: you can’t be serious 

The Mighty Thor
54 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It comes down to where you take your news from.

If Andrew Neil is your go to guy, and he very much is for a number of our most prolific slavering halfwits & validation seeking screech-bots, then i'd suggest perhaps taking your news from a variety of more balanced or independent sources. 

let me put it another way;

Better to stay quiet and let others think you're stupid rather than gobbing off and proving it. 

The Mighty Thor
31 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Labour will be the problem if they get in though. They offered nothing for 50 years running Scotland, they will be controlled from London where Starmer looks like doing a bawhair different to Sunak.

They are inheriting a mess of a UK economy that is stagnant for years and that should tell you nothing is getting better. The UK is a basket case and Labour will get the standard 8% Barnett of a mess to run Scotland with. The problem is Macro not Micro. Whoever is on Holyrood wont change that as they don't have the levers to do so.

There will still be council bankruptcies, potholes and poor waiting times regardless of who gets in.

As Ive previously said the SNP need punted and the Sturgeonites kicked but anyone thinking Labour will do a good job when they havent in Wales and didnt when they last were in power is deluding themselves, especially when the UK as a whole has a financial black hole.

Anyone thinking Scotland will have any kind of voice or things will magically improve with Labour who will just enact here what Starmer does in London also need their heads examined.

Fair comment.

AyrJambo
35 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

This

BlueRiver

Is this "here" you speak of Mexico or have you returned? 

Just curious as one of the nationalist seals clapping any "Labour bad" post had an issue with someone commenting from the great distant land of Berwick.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:smug:

That's a lot of truth bullets over nearly 20 years.

It's almost like public service correcting and calling out the halfwits and screechers 

doctor jambo
46 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

This.

Its time for a radical shake up.

without economic growth there will only be cut after cut

leaving rUK to one side, we need to grow scotland.

we need cheaper energy

so with that in mind- re-energise the north sea- managed decline is not acceptable

get the moratorium on fracking lifted

use our abundant natural resources

a national energy provider established to provide free energy to the poorest in society funded by this

low electricity costs means lower costs for businesses too.

growth stimulus

Scotland has the resources- feckin use them for the benefit of its denizens

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If Andrew Neil is your go to guy, and he very much is for a number of our most prolific slavering halfwits & validation seeking screech-bots, then i'd suggest perhaps taking your news from a variety of more balanced or independent sources. 

Better to stay quiet and let others think you're stupid rather than gobbing off and proving it. 

I've never listened to a word that Neil says so never going to waste a minute pointing out any lies he spouts.

Hagar the Horrible
24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:rofl: you can’t be serious 

Its you and your shitshow party we are all laughing at!  only its no joke

We heard high pitched screaming from the cult on the Tories putting in Truss and Sunak without a general election, but somehow we had to suffer as a country because 25k nutters put in Humza a guy with a known track record of failure, and now we are getting Swinney, a guy with a known track record of failure.  all without the people getting to decide, so how come you screamed the house down when the tories did what your failed lot are doing now?  not a peep.  Shameful truly shameful 

Well the SNP are depriving the people the people of Scotland  the choice to who serves us!  FACT

Also lets see how many Crazies vote for Swinney, who inside a year will drag us further into a horror shitshow

History wont be kind to the Murrells and to Humza, Swinney has just added his name to the growing list

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

We heard high pitched screaming from the cult on the Tories putting in Truss and Sunak without a general election, but somehow we had to suffer as a country because 25k nutters put in Humza a guy with a known track record of failure, and now we are getting Swinney, a guy with a known track record of failure.  all without the people getting to decide, so how come you screamed the house down when the tories did what your failed lot are doing now?  not a peep.  Shameful truly shameful 

How come you didn't scream the house down when Johnson (after May), Truss then Sunak were waved through to continue the project of destroying the UK?

Nobody heard a peep from you.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its you and your shitshow party we are all laughing at!  only its no joke

Well the SNP are depriving the people the people of Scotland  the choice to who serves us!  FACT

Also lets see how many Crazies vote for Swinney, who inside a year will drag us further into a horror shitshow

History wont be kind to the Murrells and to Humza, Swinney has just added his name to the growing list

Bit early for the cooking sherry. :lol: 

Show me where it’s been my party?
Using cult is tragic AF too it doesn’t become you. I remember at one time thinking you were a sensible poster. It’s endless drooling now. 
There was a vote yesterday and like all “you lot” and “you’re parties” 😂 you just can’t cope when things don’t go your way. They don’t vote the way I want!! Shut it doon waaah😭

I screamed for anything from the tories? I’ll have digs at them of course I will. Any normal human with a soul does. 

I liked Salmond and I’ve voted for the snp once. I voted yes obviously but that seems to offer serious mental

challenges to people like you who can’t see that it’s not the same thing. 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

How come you didn't scream the house down when Johnson (after May), Truss then Sunak were waved through to continue the project of destroying the UK?

:spoton:

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Fair comment. 

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I shall explain

And I am not for the SNP, only its their system who they put up, I get no matter how you vote either for an individual or a party, its the party and its members who get to decide.  Sometimes we vote for a Party leader, but when their leader goes mid term, it is an acceptance that the party in question, even if they are in opposition put up a replacement.

The point is the SNP were more than vocal and politicised a leadership campaign of another party, but they are doing it too.  Its the very same thing. But there was clear outrage by the SNP.  I just want to know how come the same rules don't apply, they called for a GE every bleeding time.  Should they not automatically call for a HGE?

When Humza got in I accepted that even though I pointed out the irony in the mechanism, this time though tyhe country needs change, it needs a reboot from year of SNP failings, even from a term or 2 to reset priorities.

Swinney has the right NOT to call a HGE, but don't scream the house down coz its ra toareez

I even went tonto over Angela Raynor who calls for a burning at the stake for every non labour party member who screws up, but when she did it, it is like Holy Willie's Prayer.

We cant afford a HGE, especially when there is  a WM one coming up, But can we afford as a country not to?

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Bit early for the cooking sherry. :lol: 

Show me where it’s been my party?
Using cult is tragic AF too it doesn’t become you. I remember at one time thinking you were a sensible poster. It’s endless drooling now. 
There was a vote yesterday and like all “you lot” and “you’re parties” 😂 you just can’t cope when things don’t go your way. They don’t vote the way I want!! Shut it doon waaah😭

I screamed for anything from the tories? I’ll have digs at them of course I will. Any normal human with a soul does. 

I liked Salmond and I’ve voted for the snp once. I voted yes obviously but that seems to offer serious mental

challenges to people like you who can’t see that it’s not the same thing. 

Yeah apologies for that, you just riled me, when my work were also ripping my knitting

But it is the double standards and the outbursts, 

As for people like me, soooo wrong, I at least offer sensible debate.  I too bought into the SNP, only to see through them, but I needed an alternative to Labour who back then need a total wipe out, Corbyn was unelectable made anything work, no point in voting the tories back then, but I voted NO for Indy, I thought the SNP would make Devo work, but they haven't made anything work.  Swinney is a drag back in the wrong direction just like Corbyn, who wanted to relive the 70's.

I would not say drooling, as I have to work with these people sometimes/most times, and happy to have a pint with them but they are all clueless.  A country is a business, treat it like one, if it was your business who would you employ, and if you are honest, you do get a few from each party, none from the Greens, they would bankrupt you in 10 minutes. Forbes got a budget through in a matter of hours, She is first in my list of workers

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yeah apologies for that, you just riled me, when my work were also ripping my knitting

But it is the double standards and the outbursts, 

As for people like me, soooo wrong, I at least offer sensible debate.  I too bought into the SNP, only to see through them, but I needed an alternative to Labour who back then need a total wipe out, Corbyn was unelectable made anything work, no point in voting the tories back then, but I voted NO for Indy, I thought the SNP would make Devo work, but they haven't made anything work.  Swinney is a drag back in the wrong direction just like Corbyn, who wanted to relive the 70's.

I would not say drooling, as I have to work with these people sometimes/most times, and happy to have a pint with them but they are all clueless.  A country is a business, treat it like one, if it was your business who would you employ, and if you are honest, you do get a few from each party, none from the Greens, they would bankrupt you in 10 minutes. Forbes got a budget through in a matter of hours, She is first in my list of workers

:lol: no worries. 
The snp did make devo work, particularly salmonds snp who were a pretty slick and organised govt. In the last few years granted it’s the deviation into gender etc from those creepy greens that are seeing them looking seriously out of touch. 
The likes of Humza I honestly shake my head when I think how he got to where he was. 
Swinney is a backwards step too agreed. 
If the SNP can’t see that Forbes is needed to get them fresh ideas and a sharp turn away from the sturgeon era then they deserve an absolute pasting at the election. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: no worries. 
The snp did make devo work, particularly salmonds snp who were a pretty slick and organised govt. In the last few years granted it’s the deviation into gender etc from those creepy greens that are seeing them looking seriously out of touch. 
The likes of Humza I honestly shake my head when I think how he got to where he was. 
Swinney is a backwards step too agreed. 
If the SNP can’t see that Forbes is needed to get them fresh ideas and a sharp turn away from the sturgeon era then they deserve an absolute pasting at the election. 

See we can agree

The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I shall explain

And I am not for the SNP, only its their system who they put up, I get no matter how you vote either for an individual or a party, its the party and its members who get to decide.  Sometimes we vote for a Party leader, but when their leader goes mid term, it is an acceptance that the party in question, even if they are in opposition put up a replacement.

The point is the SNP were more than vocal and politicised a leadership campaign of another party, but they are doing it too.  Its the very same thing. But there was clear outrage by the SNP.  I just want to know how come the same rules don't apply, they called for a GE every bleeding time.  Should they not automatically call for a HGE?

When Humza got in I accepted that even though I pointed out the irony in the mechanism, this time though tyhe country needs change, it needs a reboot from year of SNP failings, even from a term or 2 to reset priorities.

Swinney has the right NOT to call a HGE, but don't scream the house down coz its ra toareez

I even went tonto over Angela Raynor who calls for a burning at the stake for every non labour party member who screws up, but when she did it, it is like Holy Willie's Prayer.

We cant afford a HGE, especially when there is  a WM one coming up, But can we afford as a country not to?

Thanks for the response but it raises a few things;

The point i was making to you was that you didn't raise a murmur when the Tories did it 3 times ushering successively worse PMs. If you had then fair enough, that would show balance and consistency.

It would appear the same rules do actually apply. Labour did it Blair to Brown. Tories have been parachuting in shit PMs on rotation and the SNP will be dloing it again too by the looks of it.

Have I missed what Angela Rayner has actually been found guilty of? Otherwise we're back in the Daily Mail/Andrew Neil territory of super-spreading bullshit, swallowed whole by people who don't have the nous to get past the headline or if you like where this conversation started. 

I'm afraid the question of what Scotland can't afford to do is not the one about a Scottish Election but whether Scotland can afford to continue to be dragged under by Westminster. You'll see just how much Scotland can ill afford it when Keith continues the Tory Economic plan for his single term and then it's the BNP lite back in again after that. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

the SNP can’t see that Forbes is needed to get them fresh ideas and a sharp turn away from the sturgeon era then they deserve an absolute pasting at the election

Agreed 

Gizmo

50 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Thanks for the response but it raises a few things;

The point i was making to you was that you didn't raise a murmur when the Tories did it 3 times ushering successively worse PMs. If you had then fair enough, that would show balance and consistency.

It would appear the same rules do actually apply. Labour did it Blair to Brown. Tories have been parachuting in shit PMs on rotation and the SNP will be dloing it again too by the looks of it.

Have I missed what Angela Rayner has actually been found guilty of? Otherwise we're back in the Daily Mail/Andrew Neil territory of super-spreading bullshit, swallowed whole by people who don't have the nous to get past the headline or if you like where this conversation started. 

I'm afraid the question of what Scotland can't afford to do is not the one about a Scottish Election but whether Scotland can afford to continue to be dragged under by Westminster. You'll see just how much Scotland can ill afford it when Keith continues the Tory Economic plan for his single term and then it's the BNP lite back in again after that. 

How utterly depressing. 

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yup, but then you can't help yourself can you? 😁

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

I've never listened to a word that Neil says so never going to waste a minute pointing out any lies he spouts.

What you mean is you didn't know it was incorrect. 

If you had known you'd have been all over it like a rash. 

manaliveits105

So the man who was Elsie's deputy for nine years is going to ring the changes now :rofl:

AyrJambo
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

So the man who was Elsie's deputy for nine years is going to ring the changes now :rofl:

Fair comment

Australis

If Swinney gets it, we will just get more of Sturgeon calling the shots.

Was it Regan or Forbes who said if the had won it over yousless they would have opened the SNP books for all to see after the money going missing.

Is Swinney being forced into it to stop that happening with someone else as a candidate.

AyrJambo
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Was it Regan or Forbes who said if the had won it over yousless they would have opened the SNP books for all to see after the money going missing.

Is Swinney being forced into it to stop that happening with someone else as a candidate.

TBH I think Sturgeon, while complicit was never the puppet-master

Ex BBC man Angus Robertson is calling the shots imo

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, Australis said:

It is a valid question!

Forbes would have done what every party and company should do and suspend the individual(s) to ensure integrity, it protects the person as well as the system.  But Swinney was next in charge,  It just looks like a further cover up,

Swinney experience YES, but a safe pair of hands NO, can he unite the Party  mibbies, can he unite the country hell NO, he just said delivering Indy is priority,  How can that unite a country that wants stability.  For those who think Indy will help, then evidence it!!!!

Swinney is part of the Problem

Hagar the Horrible
Posted (edited)

Kate Not interested then she has confirmed....bummer

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

AyrJambo

After "informal" talks with Swinney

Cabinet post in the offing no doubt

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Ouchhhh 

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

What you mean is you didn't know it was incorrect. 

If you had known you'd have been all over it like a rash. 

Ouch 

37 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

TBH I think Sturgeon, while complicit was never the puppet-master

Ex BBC man Angus Robertson is calling the shots imo

U make is sound like it’s “ the line of duty “! 
who’s the main man !!  😂😂 Jimmy was up to her knees in it . 💯 don’t let that delicate lady like demeanour of hers fool you ! 😂

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yep . 

doctor jambo
30 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It is a valid question!

Forbes would have done what every party and company should do and suspend the individual(s) to ensure integrity, it protects the person as well as the system.  But Swinney was next in charge,  It just looks like a further cover up,

Swinney experience YES, but a safe pair of hands NO, can he unite the Party  mibbies, can he unite the country hell NO, he just said delivering Indy is priority,  How can that unite a country that wants stability.  For those who think Indy will help, then evidence it!!!!

Swinney is part of the Problem

some points

interesting at the weekend the hearts support chanting "f~~~ the SNP"

and out with the dog last night and someone had written "F~~~ the SNP " in huge letters on Ayr beach.

reaching Tory levels of unpopularity .

rebranding Swinney as "unity" and not "continuity"

they think we are all mugs

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'll tee 'em up, you knock 'em out the park 😂