Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

How many Ministers agree with every policy their government has?

If they do they're probably incapable of thinking.

Good point 

Australis
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Humza Yousaf reaches out to other parties including scottish tories, scottish labour and scottish lib dems asking for common ground. That screams the end is coming

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjew59r2vj3o

He tells the Greens to GTF and then says he didn't mean to make them angry.

Now sucking up to them through desperation.

I hope next week its not down to Regan, and its Fergus and Annabelle Ewing that bring the clown down.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

For a weirdo with no neck, a questionable set of political beliefs and the weird love of being heckled as a linesman, I quite like that. 

Don't put yourself down like that, Jim. :(

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Douglas Ross is a graceless, talentless arsehole... 

Lot in common with alot of politicians of all parties then.

Radio Ga Ga
37 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Because he’s a Tory? 

Australis
4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

When you tell everyone that you want to make Scotland Tory free.

Then go begging to the Tory party leader, who treats you like something he just stood on. KARMA.

The perfect response to the clown from Douglas Ross.

Lord Montpelier
4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Humza Yousaf - let's make Scotland Tory free

Also Humza Yousaf - Tory Boy can we be friends so you can save my place at the trough ?

Scottish nationalism and independence is truly on its @rse under this clown. 

Ulysses
29 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Humza Yousaf - let's make Scotland Tory free

Also Humza Yousaf - Tory Boy can we be friends so you can save my place at the trough ?

Scottish nationalism and independence is truly on its @rse under this clown. 

If you try to act tough when you've nothing to back it up, you just end up looking like a fool.  He's toast, IMHO.

maroongoals

wonder if Humza is a hibs fan, looking very hibsd it

Australis

Saying Yousless has turned down a pact with Alba this morning. For support in a confidence vote next week.

Alba say that is only one of many options they have put to the clown.

Steward McDonald SNP MP for Glasgow said, a pact with Alba would go down like a bucket of sick with SNP supporters.

Reminding voters that Salmond fronts a Putin funded state TV show for Russian TV.

It's a real mess with the nationalists.

Mind you, a party polling at less than 2% calling the shots seems unreal, but the Greens done it.

TallPaul
14 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Talented enough to trigger the events that may well see the end of our Wee Hamas Yousaf.

Lord Montpelier
20 minutes ago, Australis said:

Saying Yousless has turned down a pact with Alba this morning. For support in a confidence vote next week.

Steward McDonald SNP MP for Glasgow said, a pact with Alba would go down like a bucket of sick with SNP supporters.

Reminding voters that Salmond fronts a Putin funded state TV show for Russian TV.

Mind you, a party polling at less than 2% calling the shots seems unreal, but the Greens done it.

It certainly feels like we are watching the death throes of Scottish nationalism. 

doctor jambo
5 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Talented enough to trigger the events that may well see the end of our Wee Hamas Yousaf.

Humza is himself a graceless talentless arsehole.

Every time he failed he was promoted.

He has failed again,  it unless he becomes monarch there is no place to go but out.

Joining that pantheon of country leaders who didn’t last long enough to be either voted in or out of office.

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, Australis said:

calling the shots seems unreal, but the Greens done it.

Least their “ shots “ would be about the real issue , economy , homelessness etc and not the creepy greens “ issues” 

Konrad von Carstein
17 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

TBF Humsa did all the ground work, DRoss has been given a tap in...

il Duce McTarkin
45 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I’m a humble man, Guv. Humble and selfless. It’s what makes me such a great terrorist leader. 

:sweeet:

You're one of the good guys, Jim. They'll never take us alive, mein genosse.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Australis said:

Good post, pretty much sums up the way its looking.   As for the bit in bold ..... Stewart McDonald's comment is  Python-esque in its irony.   

th?id=OIP.0fBmGjWmO7eYt-5v209E8AHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

th?id=OIP.TuQOS0wOeQ7YqKC5wWq9ZwHaEq&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

th?id=OIP.FHNu6oMxIEsL2cqZCf4DwAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

il Duce McTarkin
41 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_8272.jpeg

IMG_8273.jpeg

IMG_8274.png

IMG_8275.jpeg

:rofl:

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_8272.jpeg

IMG_8273.jpeg

IMG_8274.png

IMG_8275.jpeg

Excellent, James.     :qqb006:   Instead of dumping Slater in the bin, can she be returned so that we get the deposit back ?

Edited by Lone Striker

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Excellent, James.     :qqb006:   Instead of dumping Slater in the bin, can she be returned so that we get the deposit back ?

That’s a good idea ! 

im off the player of the year awards tonight so ill no be on much the day ! 😂some relief for my “ fans “ 😂😂heading to pub now ! Pray for JJJ ! 

Hagar the Horrible

Yousless just does not get it, the begging letter first of all to the Greens after a kick in the balls, even if you identify as a woman a kick in her balls still is just that, the Lib desperate have already told humza to do one same as the tories. He just won't wave a too white flag. So it's down to Ash who has made demands, but that also means upsetting mammy doing a deal with Alex.

Mammy might get her collar felt just as he needs her the most. A few parties can't afford a Holyrood election especially when a GE is on the cards, but the SNP campaign van has been clamped by the plod. Where will the SNP get the cash if Mammy gets her comeuppance. Unless Kate is installed with support from the other parties. 

Humza should really be looking first of all at a begging letter to his own rank and file. I think others might abstain ?

Nucky Thompson

Did anyone see the pathetic, squirming, fat, hobo crofter begging the Greens to back Humza on the Laura Kuenssberg show this morning :facepalm:

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s a good idea ! 

im off the player of the year awards tonight so ill no be on much the day ! 😂some relief for my “ fans “ 😂😂heading to pub now ! Pray for JJJ ! 

ENjoy !!

milky_26
16 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Did anyone see the pathetic, squirming, fat, hobo crofter begging the Greens to back Humza on the Laura Kuenssberg show this morning :facepalm:

the same blackford who said this

but now wants a peerage

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yousless just does not get it, the begging letter first of all to the Greens after a kick in the balls, even if you identify as a woman a kick in her balls still is just that, the Lib desperate have already told humza to do one same as the tories. He just won't wave a too white flag. So it's down to Ash who has made demands, but that also means upsetting mammy doing a deal with Alex.

Mammy might get her collar felt just as he needs her the most. A few parties can't afford a Holyrood election especially when a GE is on the cards, but the SNP campaign van has been clamped by the plod. Where will the SNP get the cash if Mammy gets her comeuppance. Unless Kate is installed with support from the other parties. 

Humza should really be looking first of all at a begging letter to his own rank and file. I think others might abstain ?

Ash's "demands" aren't particularly controversial - although reading between the lines, she's basically saying "stop being a numpty".

“The Bute House Agreement is over; Scotland deserves and demands a reset. I am open to talking to anyone across this chamber who will prioritise progress on what we were elected to deliver for our constituents and Scotland.

“Independence for Scotland, protecting the dignity, safety, and rights of women and children, and providing a competent government for our people and businesses across Scotland remain my priorities.

“My door is open to discussing the progress of my proposed Scottish Parliament Powers Referendum Bill.

“The opportunity to write a new chapter for Scotland is in our hands.

“Yours sincerely, Ash Regan.”

Lone Striker
34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Desperate stuff.  Which of the parties actually want a Scottish election right now ?   My opinion - 

SNP  .....................  No  (support is falling in the polls, Humza's made it worse thanks to Hate Crime nonsense)

Labour .................. Yes  (benefitting from the Labour lead in the UK polls)

Conservative .......  No (although wee Doogie will say aye when asked)

Lib/Dem ...............  Who knows .... who cares

Green....................   No (although they'll play the victim card)

Alba .....................   Yes (benefitting from the drop in SNP support in the polls)

Gundermann
13 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Desperate stuff.  Which of the parties actually want a Scottish election right now ?   My opinion - 

SNP  .....................  No  (support is falling in the polls, Humza's made it worse thanks to Hate Crime nonsense)

Labour .................. Yes  (benefitting from the Labour lead in the UK polls)

Alba .....................   Yes (benefitting from the drop in SNP support in the polls)

Have you seen this somewhere?

SNP support has dropped for months now but Alba remain invisible, at least in the polls I've seen.

Gundermann
19 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ross had his arse handed to him by Martin Geissler earlier today. Some doing given the current woes of the Scot Gov.

Australis
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Just seen on Facebook that the humble crofter has approached Kier Starmer asking to get nominated into the house of Lords.

Thought the nationalists hated the house of Lords.

Ruth Davidson will be delighted.

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Ross had his arse handed to him by Martin Geissler earlier today. Some doing given the current woes of the Scot Gov.

Strange.

Geissler doesn't try to hide his distain for anything indy related, I would have expected him to be on his knees with his face in DRoss' crotch...

#welt

Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Have you seen this somewhere?

SNP support has dropped for months now but Alba remain invisible, at least in the polls I've seen.

Yes, but the last few days has put Alba in the spotlight - Salmond getting a lot of   interviews on TV & radio - and they're the only alternative to SNP for Indy voters.   I'm pretty sure Salmond would welcome a Scottish election so as to gauge where they stand in the eyes of Indy voters  now.

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Strange.

Geissler doesn't try to hide his distain for anything indy related, I would have expected him to be on his knees with his face in DRoss' crotch...

#welt

:berra:   MG is  good at giving all politicians a hard time, not just Indy ones.  

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

:berra:   MG is  good at giving all politicians a hard time, not just Indy ones.  

Think MG must've pumped Konnie's bursd, the wee lamb. :(

Konrad von Carstein
18 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one... he's an erse. (in my opinion)

Lord Montpelier
52 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I think the Nationalists are finding it hard in the face of some (but not all) in the media finally starting to ask some tough but fairly obvious questions. 

Cranston
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Think you're pretty much spot on in your assessment.

Snp are in turmoil. 

Labour are sitting back, with sunglasses on, basking in the delight of watching the other parties turn in on themselves.

I would have preferred Christine Jardine as Lib Dem leader in Scotland. Much more down with the people, than Cole Hamilton. 

Don't think Alba will benefit much from Snp's demise. It will be very mostly Labour's gaining ex and new members. 

Not that I'm that bothered really. Holyrood's become an irrelevant shit show for me, mostly due it's Greens agenda, I'm afraid to say. Can;'t see that changing much anytime soon, despite the Snp dumping the Bute House Agreement. 

AyrJambo
5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_8272.jpeg

IMG_8273.jpeg

IMG_8274.png

IMG_8275.jpeg

😄😄😄

Brilliant JJJ

Who's that on the skateboard?

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s a good idea ! 

Enjoy tonight!

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the same blackford who said this

but now wants a peerage

****ing balloon

1 hour ago, Australis said:

Just seen on Facebook that the humble crofter has approached Kier Starmer asking to get nominated into the house of Lords.

Thought the nationalists hated the house of Lords.

Ruth Davidson will be delighted.

As I've pointed out many times on here the SNP are NOT nationalists - and there is the proof!

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes, but the last few days has put Alba in the spotlight - Salmond getting a lot of   interviews on TV & radio - and they're the only alternative to SNP for Indy voters.   I'm pretty sure Salmond would welcome a Scottish election so as to gauge where they stand in the eyes of Indy voters  now.

If Yousaf agrees to push the SNP1/Alba 2 strategy suggested by Alba last time, where SNP stand for constituency seats and Alba only stand for list seats that could be good for independence and for Alba - so he won't do it!!

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Strange.

#welt

He did some good work regarding who owns Scotland.

But often listening to him on radio Scotland I get that feeling.

And so he should. 

The SNP are the governing party in Scotland and that's his remit no?

A tad extreme from you imo.

Dirty Deeds

My guess is that Alba back Yousaf in return for a wishy washy Independence Convention promise.

If he manages to stay, Yousaf then needs to take a from leaf Salmond's book and work with the other parties to get budgets and legislation through.

I can't believe any party wants a Scottish election now when we are only a few months away from a General election.

Edited by Dirty Deeds

Konrad von Carstein
41 minutes ago, Ked said:

He did some good work regarding who owns Scotland.

But often listening to him on radio Scotland I get that feeling.

And so he should. 

The SNP are the governing party in Scotland and that's his remit no?

A tad extreme from you imo.

Appreciate, your opinion, however, BBC Scotland has been a disgrace over the past few years.

Again, in my opinion.

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Appreciate, your opinion, however, BBC Scotland has been a disgrace over the past few years.

Not separatist enough for you, MacKonnie?

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Not separatist enough for you MacKonnie?

Def-iantlty not Gov.

Guy MacFox is needed right now :lol:

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Def-iantlty not Gov.

Guy MacFox is needed right now :lol:

:lol:

That kind of shitehousery would get my vote, tbf.

:sadrobbo:

AyrJambo
5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Being reported Yousaf will resign. 

Where?

Ulysses
7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Being reported Yousaf will resign. 

1 minute ago, AyrJambo said:

Where?

The Sun and The Times, at the moment.