Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

ToadKiller Dog
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

image.thumb.png.96cb5293ed8fef3e098bc217dce0464a.png

Opportunistic to the extreme. I do wonder how she squares away the litany of failures of the Welsh labour administration if Labour are the panacea to all the UK's ills, Wesminster or devolved. 

Still, it serves as a reminder never to give Labour a vote in either election, so I thank her for that at least. 

That would go down well with independence supporters that a scottish labour needs to win over ,an English centre right senior mp butting in .

The public continues time and again to answer in polls they don't like political game playing and Labour know what they are doing won't lead to an election .

Think Sarwar has like Dross jumped too quick ,short term mentality .

Greens seem to be calming down after the rage yesterday .

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

SNPs problem now is that the Indy movement is so big in Scotland now that it's impossible for 1 pro Indy party to cover the political opinions of every Pro Indy constituent.

Good post.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

?? You've obviously got a better memory, or search engine, than me. 

I've no idea what I said at the time but I imagine it was along the lines of hoping the allegations were rubbish. Since then, he has done everything in his power to scupper the independence campaign. He supports Russia, surrounds himself with turncoats, and does everything to try and remain relevant. Of course, he is supported in that by the msm, who see him as I do; the best advert for the union.

:rofl:

So much anger and hatred.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Labour just filed a motion of no confidence in the government.

Good

They are rubbish 

Humza on his way out

:jj:

Australis

When the yousless clown eventually stands down watch the hate in his eyes when he is speaking and his disdain for everyone in the room.

He is a man full of hate who will not be missed.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

When the yousless clown eventually stands down watch the hate in his eyes when he is speaking and his disdain for everyone in the room.

He is a man full of hate who will not be missed.

The man lacks any dignity or humility . Yes if he does step down it’ll be an angry, nasty , grievence loaded speech .  

Des Lynam

Anyone with half a brain knew that Humza was going to be hopeless and jeezo he's not been a let down. 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Anyone with half a brain knew that Humza was going to be hopeless and jeezo he's not been a let down. 

Flag of surrender raised- white 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

:Shanks:

21 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Colour of his P45... WHITE

Hagar the Horrible

Humza going will be good for the SNP, but the SNP being wiped out in the next election will be good for the country.

The Bute house agreement being torn up is also good for the Government but just not how the play book should have been done

Humza scraping by in a confidence vote is good for him, Bad for the SNP, but long term good for the Country as he will aid the demise of the SNP.

Kate will be good for the SNP and will steady the SNP ship, ...bad for the country as it might keep the SNP in power.

I also think a Holyrood election just now, is not a good idea,  There is still time for the SNP to royally screw up further

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Humza going will be good for the SNP, but the SNP being wiped out in the next election will be good for the country.

The Bute house agreement being torn up is also good for the Government but just not how the play book should have been done

Humza scraping by in a confidence vote is good for him, Bad for the SNP, but long term good for the Country as he will aid the demise of the SNP.

Kate will be good for the SNP and will steady the SNP ship, ...bad for the country as it might keep the SNP in power.

I also think a Holyrood election just now, is not a good idea,  There is still time for the SNP to royally screw up further

Yep ! 👍 

JudyJudyJudy

Colour of the oppositions teeth …… white ! 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I disagree.

There needs to be an election and emergency budget as that last hatchet job has damaged everything .

Get snp out, labour in .

Labour win in England / wales and Scotland in GE and let’s move forward 

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Helmet - white

Screenshot_20240426-143934_Chrome.jpg.2722f85f8e553abba76741c1da79d911.jpg

Does his wife ken?

Thunder and Lightning
5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Just heard some random SNP M<SP on the radio, she epitomises what's wrong with the SNP, she said she cant believe anybody would vote for anything put forward by ra Toareez?  labour should not be voting with them niether should the greens.

So in essence if there was a brilliant idea that the Conservatives put forward, the SNP will not vote with them.  That immature mantra is whats wrong with these nutters, and need to be kicked out.  They just have not read the room, even for reasons at both ends of the spectrum, Humza has naffed off every to a point they are all united in Humza must go.  Even though its for lots of reasons.

She also said that all SNP members will vote for Humza......I am not so sure

Shame I did not get her name

Did you just assume said person is female? 

Naughty naughty. 

Ulysses
6 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Surely in order to represent all the people of Scotland we need a Trains candidate? 🤣

I fixed that for you. I too support John Findlay for First Minister. :whistling:

Hagar the Horrible
10 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Did you just assume said person is female? 

Naughty naughty. 

I kinda did....ooops

Ulysses
5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

SNPs problem now is that the Indy movement is so big in Scotland now that it's impossible for 1 pro Indy party to cover the political opinions of every Pro Indy constituent.

Definitely. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I kinda did....ooops

Don’t worry it’s so hard nowadays to work out who’s who ! Apparently ! 

Spoiler

It’s not really 

Ulysses
4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'm actually serious, but in fairness I do understand why you may think I'm not, obviously I have no wish for him to succeed. He is a once in a generation politician - I'm genuinely astounded that so many have fallen for a botched hatchet job. If people are serious about independence he should be their only vote. 🤷‍♂️

Like Salmond or loathe him, and what he stands for, but what other politicians in these islands have anywhere near his ability?

doctor jambo
31 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Helmet - white

Screenshot_20240426-143934_Chrome.jpg.2722f85f8e553abba76741c1da79d911.jpg

Sorry, that utter helmet is brown

Hmfc1965
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Like Salmond or loathe him, and what he stands for, but what other politicians in these islands have anywhere near his ability?

Very few. The difficulty is he knows it and becomes smug.

AyrJambo
39 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I disagree.

There needs to be an election and emergency budget as that last hatchet job has damaged everything .

Get snp out, labour in .

Labour win in England / wales and Scotland in GE and let’s move forward 

Move forward to what exactly?

Labour adopting Tory policies to be electable in England?

Then when English voters get fed up of New New Labour they vote the Tories back in

In what way is that good for Scotland?

9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Absolutely this but the smearing and stitching up of Salmond by the Sturrels/Liz Evans/COPFS has unfortunately left him perceived as damaged goods by the general public (who generally don't know their arse from their elbow)

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Then when English voters get fed up of New New Labour they vote the Tories back in

Absolutely this but the smearing and stitching up of Salmond by the Sturrels/Liz Evans/COPFS has unfortunately left him perceived as damaged goods by the general public (who generally don't know their arse from their elbow)

Not sure it matters forward to where. It couldnt get any worse.

Get all the SNP folk to defect to Alba and let Eck rule again.

Get the stagnation out the window and move forward.

Eck had us in a good place until the ref .

safe hands and all that

Ulysses
14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Very few. The difficulty is he knows it and becomes smug.

I've seen that. I wonder have his experiences in the last few years modified any of that, or has he just doubled down?

Ulysses
10 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

For most of the 1970s, Charlie Haughey was perceived as damaged goods by the Irish public and media following the 1970 Arms Crisis. He went out and assiduously rebuilt his popularity within Fianna Fáil, who were the country's leading political force at the time, and went on to dominate the Irish political landscape for 8 or 9 years.

I've a different concern when it comes to Salmond, and it relates to his age. At 69, he's not IMO in any position to rehabilitate his reputation and go on to spend any great amount of time being a dominant political force in Scotland. 

AyrJambo
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

For most of the 1970s, Charlie Haughey was perceived as damaged goods by the Irish public and media following the 1970 Arms Crisis. He went out and assiduously rebuilt his popularity within Fianna Fáil, who were the country's leading political force at the time, and went on to dominate the Irish political landscape for 8 or 9 years.

I've a different concern when it comes to Salmond, and it relates to his age. At 69, he's not IMO in any position to rehabilitate his reputation and go on to spend any great amount of time being a dominant political force in Scotland. 

Agreed his time is over save for a kind of elder statesman role in the backroom advising on strategy

doctor jambo

Trump/Biden/Merkel would disagree

we need someone to steady the ship for a few years.

we need a "boss"

not the current spineless flip flappers

Ash Regan would do

Joanna Cherry would  do

Kate forbes would do

AyrJambo
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

we need someone to steady the ship for a few years.

we need a "boss"

not the current spineless flip flappers

Ash Regan would do

Joanna Cherry would  do

Kate forbes would do

Cherry 1st for me

Has the constitutional nous needed and a bit of steel about her

Then Regan

Forbes not so sure about her

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Still the sharpest political tool in the box though.

Hmfc1965
24 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

I liked him as a politician, although as I've said he could be smug.

He absolutely is damaged goods though and I don't think it was a stitch up.

If carlsberg did rivals...

The problem is the SNP don't have Scotlands best interests at heart, they have the SNP's best interests at heart.

Hmfc1965
18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I've seen that. I wonder have his experiences in the last few years modified any of that, or has he just doubled down?

To be honest I haven't seen him recently but I doubt it.

It was like he couldn't help himself.

He was/is smarter than most politicians and knew it.

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Still the sharpest political tool in the box though.

Looked like a cardiac arrest waiting to happen last time I saw him in London Airport  

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Looked like a cardiac arrest waiting to happen last time I saw him in London Airport  

He has looked like that for years.

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

They can’t ever answer that. Labour in acting a bit Tory until the actual tories sort themselves out and we get them again. 

Ain’t that the truth :lol: 

Ulysses
19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Trump and Biden are past it.

Merkel is the same age as Salmond and retired 3 years ago.

we need a "boss"

You might like a "boss", but most of the body politic wouldn't.

Ash Regan would do

Turncoat.  Not even a party member.

Joanna Cherry would  do

If she still has a seat come the next election. 

Kate forbes would do

We still have no way of knowing if she'll have the strategic nous to overcome her relative youth, but IMO she should have been the pick last time.

AyrJambo
19 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I liked him as a politician, although as I've said he could be smug.

He absolutely is damaged goods though and I don't think it was a stitch up.

Each to their own

Hopefully we will get to the truth as further court proceedings take place  and the alphbetties are outed and done for perjury

Gundermann
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

All the talk of Humza and his “white” speech. 
Wee anus has one very similar..

Doesnt get the same amount of mentions tho. 

Good point by you, and him.

Sure, we're a white majority country but there aren't many areas of my life that are run/ staffed by only white people. From my kids' schools to work to Tesco to Hearts' players and supporters to the music I listen to.

Gundermann
35 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

The problem is the SNP don't have Scotlands best interests at heart, they have the SNP's best interests at heart.

That's my reason for wanting independence. Start with that then devolve more, real power to local communities as Norway does. Politicians won't find it so easy to break the law or become distant from us, if they live/ work just down the road.

6 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Good point by you, and him.

Sure, we're a white majority country but there aren't many areas of my life that are run/ staffed by only white people. From my kids' schools to work to Tesco to Hearts' players and supporters to the music I listen to.

Might be staffed by BME people but very rarely run by them 

doctor jambo
18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Trump and Biden are past it.

Merkel is the same age as Salmond and retired 3 years ago.

You might like a "boss", but most of the body politic wouldn't.

Turncoat.  Not even a party member.

If she still has a seat come the next election. 

We still have no way of knowing if she'll have the strategic nous to overcome her relative youth, but IMO she should have been the pick last time.

Ash is not really a turncoat

her principled stand was admirable- her views saw her cast out.

Her belief that women were women saw her expunged.

her party were ideologically trapped

the country needs a boss, not this namby pamby flip flop mess of try and fail and round and round.

nobody is making any decisions

Cherry will keep her seat.

Forbes was cut down by a party too scared to rid itself of the Sturgeon Stink.

Had the arrests happened before the leadership contest Humza would be nowhere near FM, he was "continuity" - and thats what we got

Continued ruination, stagnation, gender politics, green party nonsense.

Ulysses
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Ash is not really a turncoat

her principled stand was admirable- her views saw her cast out.

She's not even in the SNP.

Her belief that women were women saw her expunged.

her party were ideologically trapped

Maybe she was trapped in the wrong body politic?  Nothing that a quick turn of one's coat wouldn't fix. ;)

the country needs a boss, not this namby pamby flip flop mess of try and fail and round and round.

nobody is making any decisions

You keep letting me know how much you like "strong leadership", but others prefer something a bit more participative.

Cherry will keep her seat.

Not if that staunch socialist Sir Keir can help it.

Forbes was cut down by a party too scared to rid itself of the Sturgeon Stink.

Or she just lost a popularity contest.  It happens.  Will she win the next one?

Australis

Seen a couple of reporters interviewing yousless yousaf today.

They didn't miss him and ripped him to shreads.

Do the press know he is a dead clown walking  and have lost any respect for him and his party finally.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Old dogs, new tricks? 

But yes, he's a good politician and tbh despite not being a Nationalist, I felt he did govern for everyone. He appeared to see counsel from across the political spectrum and then act accordingly. 

I wonder how we'll view the Sturgeon era in years to come? Not favorably regardless of your constitutional position I'd wager. There's a lot of healing of the national psyche required. 

AyrJambo

She's not even in the SNP.

What's your point?

Or she just lost a popularity contest.  It happens.  Will she win the next one?

That leadership election was not an election - it was managed from start to finish to install Useless so he could carry the Sturrels torch

Australis

Sturgeons sister, the one who likes a drink or 45.

The one who takes money from old and vulnerable people telling them she can speak to their dead loved ones

The one who says Murrell is honest.

Screenshot_20240426_165234_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Australis