Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Ulysses
2 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Agree

But voting for ANY unionist party is worse - an altogether more damaging bunch of charlatans

If a competent, pro-independence candidate is available then that will be an option I will consider as will re-purposing my ballot as per Peter Bell's initiative...

https://peterabell.scot/2024/04/09/wasted-vote/

And as a bonus, you get to **** over the SNP.  

Onwards and upwards, eh?

Lone Striker
36 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Anyway onwards and em onwards !

IMG_5540.jpeg

Aye - another embarrassment for the governing party up here who love to criticise the UK Govt for their embarrassments.     Imagine trumpeting  that Scotland has the most ambitious Net Zero timetable anywhere in the world  ..... and then this climbdown a couple of years later.

Its almost as if wee Paddy didn't have a plan to match the rhetoric after all. Who'd have thunk it ?   Even more sleekit is that he'll leave the SNP to take the flak.  Meanwhile the SNP stick to the script by blaming Westminster cuts 

We really are led by donkeys in both governments.  One is fixated on asylum seekers in small boats, the other is fixated on hate crime and deposit return schemes - while the reputation and effectiveness of the NHS and Police continue to crash.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Indeed James I was all for it and disappointed at the result but then to discover we were lied to about being self sufficient within 3 years etc etc - I changed - I also liked Salmond but don't like being lied to and then we were Sturgeoned - I hated her from the day she refused to move into the FM house in Edinburgh (imagine a PM saying nah I don't like London I'm not moving into Downing Street )

Brexit was another disappointment but we are where we are 

If we ever get decent politicians in an Indy party I will be back on board 

What my children and grandchildren vote is up to them - it's their future - I never interfere 

most people on here are just auld men having a moan which at the end of the day means feck all in the scheme of things - even the ones who are legends in their own minds .

Yep but we do have some decent politicians like Ash Regan , Kate Forbes and Joanna Cherry , but Quelle surprise they have all been side lined ? Guess what they all have in common ? Yep they are women . 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s more than a stretch to believe innit.

Frank voted Yes too apparently🤥

Come out with every single argument No used but voted Yes…

Now hardened unionists…🤔

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ldgpdsh5ys9of8e069

You know I honestly feel it is really disrespectful of you to be saying things like this when I have given a lengthy and honest response to your  question . Yet you know just use scorn and derision when people have given you an honest response . Some debating that is . 

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Humza thinks his hate crime act is a huge success, but with 95% reported hate crimes have been NCR'ed, its been abused clearly and those genuine hate crimes cant be investigated because of this.

The SNP have to be voted out, they are killing this country

Yep he would say that wouldn’t he ! Idiot if the highest calibre . 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Only complete feckwits would claim to know what other people did or did not vote for - very weird behaviour .

It’s so disrespectful too 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You know I honestly feel it is really disrespectful of you to be saying things like this when I have given a lengthy and honest response to your  question . Yet you know just use scorn and derision when people have given you an honest response . Some debating that is . 

I’ve said I believe you, numerous times.

I believe Jonesy too. 

I don’t believe the rest for one second. 
Not for one second :lol: 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I’ve said I believe you, numerous times.

I believe Jonesy too. 

I don’t believe the rest for one second. 
Not for one second :lol: 

Why not believe them ? 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Why not believe them ? 

Because I’m not buttoned up the back mainly. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh right 😎

AyrJambo
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

😄

Jim_Duncan
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:yas:

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I no ask why you believe me 😂

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Agree

But voting for ANY unionist party is worse - an altogether more damaging bunch of charlatans

If a competent, pro-independence candidate is available then that will be an option I will consider as will re-purposing my ballot as per Peter Bell's initiative...

https://peterabell.scot/2024/04/09/wasted-vote/

Are you both 10 years old? What a childish and pathetic act to even suggest but go ahead and hopefully others of your ilk will do similar leaving to SNP being hammered in election.

AyrJambo
26 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Do you stamp your feet and cry when Aldi have run out of their own brand KitKats, too?

No do you?

Lord Montpelier
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Murrell rearrested

:pleasing:

Hopefully some more tents erected 

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

the irony, you spend all that money on a campervan , and someone puts up tents for nothing in your garden

AyrJambo
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

And as a bonus, you get to **** over the SNP.  

Onwards and upwards, eh?

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Are you both 10 years old? What a childish and pathetic act to even suggest but go ahead and hopefully others of your ilk will do similar leaving to SNP being hammered in election.

I don't see the point in voting SNP because they are NOT pursuing independence

Obviously neither are any of the unionist parties

Jury's out on Alba for me - they appear similar to SNP

ISP maybe I agree with their abstentionism but they won't be fielding candidates in every seat

So probably a re-purposed ballot

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, AyrJambo said:

I don't see the point in voting SNP because they are NOT pursuing independence

Obviously neither are any of the unionist parties

Jury's out on Alba for me - they appear similar to SNP

ISP maybe I agree with their abstentionism but they won't be fielding candidates in every seat

So probably a re-purposed ballot

It's not repurposing, it's throwing a tantrum. Your right to do so, mind, but don't start moaning about Scotland not getting the government it votes for when you do the political equivalent of wiping your arse with yours.

Hagar the Horrible

Is it all about to come crashing down??

Peter Murrell was again arrested this morning,  breaking news

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Where did you copy that from? :lol:

Amnesty International's list of Putin's most oppressive laws, just tweaked for the SNP descent in fascism 2.0 ;)

12 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You probably pitched a small one in your burgundy corduroys, amirite? 

Hagar the Horrible

Wow it was the 5th April last year, he was arrested for the first time,  Nicola will be bricking it now

AyrJambo
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

😄😄😄

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Murrel has been arrested again

Yeasssssss

How long before her indoors is re-arrested? 

ToadKiller Dog
12 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Murrel has been arrested again

Yeasssssss

They have to do that to question him , if he is charged that's a different step up .

Australis
11 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Is it all about to come crashing down??

Peter Murrell was again arrested this morning,  breaking news

How long before his pretend wife hangs him out to dry, claiming she had no idea what was going on.

Lord Montpelier
10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Lol yes very good

I only own one pair of corduroys and they are khaki coloured as it happens. 

5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Humza having a howler,  He thinks putting a car parking levy for work place parking,  Yeah tax the working, tax the car driver that will help.

What is the point of the SNP....that's rhetorical, but fact the greens in Scotland are pointless, they've Hibsed it

Whilst I would love to see reduced car usage, we don't get there by bringing out more sticks to beat drivers up with. The idea of a car parking levy will surely be passed on to the workers. 

Without the off-peak flat fares that the S Govt are subsidising, getting to work from here takes bike/car + train + tram. Public transport is £21.40 per day v £11 in petrol to drive. 

Sicken motorists off the road or tackle the costs and reliability of public transport to make it cheaper and far more available? Well, one is less expensive to implement...

frankblack
16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Amnesty International's list of Putin's most oppressive laws, just tweaked for the SNP descent in fascism 2.0 ;)

Did you miss the item about tactically killing off the old people in care homes during Covid to increase the SNP vote? :wink:

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Whilst I would love to see reduced car usage, we don't get there by bringing out more sticks to beat drivers up with. The idea of a car parking levy will surely be passed on to the workers. 

Without the off-peak flat fares that the S Govt are subsidising, getting to work from here takes bike/car + train + tram. Public transport is £21.40 per day v £11 in petrol to drive. 

Sicken motorists off the road or tackle the costs and reliability of public transport to make it cheaper and far more available? Well, one is less expensive to implement...

Was in Milan last weekend. 3 day pass on the metro - jump on / off anytime. 15 euro. Reliable, mostly clean. Would love to see something similar here. 

Hagar the Horrible
9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Prosperity comes with being mobile, unable to get to city centres has killed retail and restaurants etc. You don't ban something without replacing it first with something better. Roads are shut, and ones open are dangerous with potholes. I have a bus pass can't use as there is not many buses where I live. If there was car parking like back on Princes Street etc, but limit time. A parked car has less emissions than one driving around closed streets finding somewhere 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Prosperity comes with being mobile, unable to get to city centres has killed retail and restaurants etc. You don't ban something without replacing it first with something better. Roads are shut, and ones open are dangerous with potholes. I have a bus pass can't use as there is not many buses where I live. If there was car parking like back on Princes Street etc, but limit time. A parked car has less emissions than one driving around closed streets finding somewhere 

Also diverted traffic queuing causes more emissions.

Hagar the Horrible

If Murrell has any sense he should chuck his fake wife under a bus before she does it to him.

Not going to lie, I feel like a kid at Christmas 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

If Murrell has any sense he should chuck his fake wife under a bus before she does it to him.

Not going to lie, I feel like a kid at Christmas 

Oh she would def chuck him under a bus if it comes to it . Ruthless 

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Did you miss the item about tactically killing off the old people in care homes during Covid to increase the SNP vote? :wink:

I won't defend that decision - if we had to move care home residents out of hospitals they should have been taken care of in the overspill hospitals until safe to return.

10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Was in Milan last weekend. 3 day pass on the metro - jump on / off anytime. 15 euro. Reliable, mostly clean. Would love to see something similar here. 

Agreed. Scotland and/or the UK should have enough capital to build, invest and subsidise important infrastructure including transport. There's a poverty of ambition here when you look at other countries. 

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep 👍 actually what a party ! First minister brother charged with drug offences etc as well . 

The first minister is defined even less by his brother-in-law's criminality than Sarwar is defined by the corruption allegations that had his Father bombed out of the Punjabi Governor role or Corbyn by his lunatic of a brother. 

Australis
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Anyway onwards and em onwards !

IMG_5540.jpeg

Wonder if the announcement was made this afternoon knowing Murrel had been arrested this morning and to try and take the focus away from that.

12 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Ironically the trend towards retail centres on the outskirts of cities needed the car. It's hard to remember car parking on Princes Street, though I do recall the times when you would get a lot of bikes parked along the centre outside the big wimpy (think it became a Burger King for a while). They used to have the odd skirmish with punks/skinheads for some reason who would hang around outside the wimpy and then one would run over for a scrap. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Wonder if the announcement was made this afternoon knowing Murrel had been arrested this morning and to try and take the focus away from that.

A good day to Bury bad news, they didn't know until we'll after FMQ

Australis
15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep 👍 actually what a party ! First minister brother charged with drug offences etc as well . 

Said on the news he could be released without charge again just now.

I hope not, £600,000 missing and only three of them can sign the money out.

Should be easy to sort out.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Ironically the trend towards retail centres on the outskirts of cities needed the car. It's hard to remember car parking on Princes Street, though I do recall the times when you would get a lot of bikes parked along the centre outside the big wimpy (think it became a Burger King for a while). They used to have the odd skirmish with punks/skinheads for some reason who would hang around outside the wimpy and then one would run over for a scrap. 

And the street was packed with shoppers, it was hard to navigate. Big queues at the lights, and shopping bags everywhere. Now it's online

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Said on the news he could be released without charge again just now.

I hope not, £600,000 missing and only three of them can sign the money out.

Should be easy to sort out.

Well obv not that easy. How long has this fiasco been going now?

jack D and coke
47 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

IMG_6054.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Australis said:

They don’t have “ enough good dsys to bury bad rubbish “ they need months and years