Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yep. My Dad used to buy it and I said "why do you read that paper" he replied "to see what the enemy says". He hated the Tories 🤣

Just another propaganda tool for the establishment.

Internet things that didn't happen #383746484

Gundermann
40 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yep, though you have to fill out a SAR- subject access request to find out if police Scotland have you on a register somewhere without your knowledge or any legal conviction for a non crime hate incident .

These incidents are disclosed if you apply for various jobs , so could ruin your career , or your child’s prospects if they apply for certain courses .

Your thoughts are being policed , and can bar you from certain jobs now

wow

Thoughts, or actions?

Where did you glean all this info btw? Admittedly, I don't know the ins and outs but if a former Tory MSP and Professor of Law calls BS on the scare stories then I'm inclined to believe him.

Just for comparison, where does it stand against UK Gov's recent surveillance law and the crackdown on "extremist" protestors? (As if a party full of crims and spivs is in any position to deem someone else as "extreme")?

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-bulking-up-spying-regime-breakneck-speed/

Edited by Gundermann

Dawnrazor
8 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Glad to hear Ri is banned again. An abomination of a poster. Nothing but shite and bile. 

I miss ri's shite and bile😪

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Internet things that didn't happen #383746484

What didn't happen? My father in law read the Daily Mail when he was alive. I asked him why and he just said it's about different opinions or words to that effect. He did vote Tory before, according to my wife, as Maggie Thatcher gave the police(ex cop) a pay rise!

My Dad was very political and was a shop steward at Portobello Power Station. Real Labour man then changed to the SNP in support of independence.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

So do I :lol:  I never took him seriously either. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

So do I :lol:  I never took him seriously either. 

Sent to Blair Drummond!

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sent to Blair Drummond!

My favourite of his patter for the traitors :lol: 

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Yep, your name put on a register, without your knowledge , let alone a conviction.

Because you upset someone ( allegedly )

a secret register of stuff held by the state, then if you apply for certain jobs you get the bum rush.

Freeeedommm

Hope I’m on it, cuz I hate Humza. He’s a total bell end. 

Australis
16 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What didn't happen? My father in law read the Daily Mail when he was alive. I asked him why and he just said it's about different opinions or words to that effect. He did vote Tory before, according to my wife, as Maggie Thatcher gave the police(ex cop) a pay rise!

My Dad was very political and was a shop steward at Portobello Power Station. Real Labour man then changed to the SNP in support of independence.

My dad was a real Labour man.

But the only paper he would buy was the daily express each morning.

Said you had to have some balance.

Always surprised me with his constant left wing views.

When I was old enought to vote he came into the booth with me and told me to vote Labour.

My three elder brothers said he did the same with them.

Edited by Australis

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Saw that moron Murdo Fraser there once. Wish I'd said something to him!

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You dispute the history?

Would it be truer if printed in the National?

Pictures only mind, can't have any joined up words in the National.

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

My dad was a real Labour man.

But the only paper he would buy was the daily express each morning.

Said you had to have some balance.

Always surprised me with his constant left wing views.

👍. That's when Labour were Labour, well a good lot of them. Gavin Strang was my MP for years as a kid and was always about in the communities of Greendykes, Niddrie and Craigmillar.

Edited by Roxy Hearts

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I'd heard he's sitting his PSV licence and saving for a 48 seater 👍 

Australis
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

👍. That's when Labour were Labour, well a good lot of them. Gavin Strang was my MP for years as a kid and was always about in the communities of Greendykes, Niddrie and Craigmillar.

It was a Labour party that expected everyone to work and not just live on benefits.

Today's Labour Party just wants everyone on benefits.

Japan Jambo
30 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

His views are undoubtedly at the extreme end but it's a different perspective.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd heard he's sitting his PSV licence and saving for a 48 seater 👍 

:lol: 

Sumboy was Aussieh. 

henrysmithsgloves
30 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sent to Blair Drummond!

th-597235274.jpg

Jim_Duncan
6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Less of a perspective and more of a myopia. 

Dawnrazor
7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Aye, but still one of the good guys for me.

Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, Australis said:

It was a Labour party that expected everyone to work and not just live on benefits.

Today's Labour Party just wants everyone on benefits.

I don't know what they stand for. Just part of the establishment now. 

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Saw that moron Murdo Fraser there once. Wish I'd said something to him!

You’ll be first murdo :lol: 

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’ll be first murdo :lol: 

🤣should have got a few guys together and grabbed him, then throw him to the lions!

il Duce McTarkin
54 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Glad to hear Ri is banned again. An abomination of a poster. Nothing but shite and bile. 

Just the kind of person that will fall foul of the new hate laws. 

Ri is a good ^***.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yes he was a decent Labour guy. Old school Labour. Was a well kent face as they say in the community. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Just the kind of person that will fall foul of the new hate laws. 

You see everyone ,well some on this keep going on about me shitting my knickers about this new " hate crime" act ( im not )  ..but the irony is anyone should be. No matter what thoughts/ views regarding religion/ sexual orientation/ political idelogies / trans etc , anyone can say they are " offended" by those and boom your on the stasi secret list.  And it is secret unless you apply to see if your one it.  It has far reaching consequences.  And lets not even start on the part about the privacy of your own home. 

So for example..Im at the footie watching the mightly Hearts and a wee sub section of our support start singing the " Billy bhoys" song. Now if i wanted to i could report that immediately to the police ( as im offended ) or wait until after the match . Then they have a legal duty to investigate it.  Same of someone makes comments about another persons political alliegences * unionist / nationalist etc .  And in all the other areas too.  Its more the " stirring up hatred" which concerns me even more How do you even prove that ? Thing is you cant .  However am not a snowflake so ill do what ive always did before and what i did before when they used to sing " all the hibs are gay"...just roll my eyes...whoop to doo .,,,only making a James Hunt of themselves.  

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Ri is a good ^***.

I had my run ins with him...loads...he really used to savagely attack me and came out with some crackers about me which literally had me roaring laughing.... hes off his heid...but somehow i always felt there was a decent guy behind that internet facade...his " karenkarenkaren" comment about me was a great example. Its a shame he used to really use very extreme imagery...but the Blair Drummond analogies are legendery now. 

Roxy Hearts
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes he was a decent Labour guy. Old school Labour. Was a well kent face as they say in the community. 

New Labour or whatever and there's no such thing as Scottish Labour is all vacuous mince!

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So for example..Im at the footie watching the mightly Hearts and a wee sub section of our support start singing the " Billy bhoys" song. ?

An oxymoron if ever I’ve seen one James…😐

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

New Labour or whatever and there's no such thing as Scottish Labour is all vacuous mince!

well he was old school labour  , by that i mean pre TB...Michael Foot Kinnock et al. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, jack D and coke said:

An oxymoron if ever I’ve seen one James…😐

well spotted. 

Roxy Hearts
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

well he was old school labour  , by that i mean pre TB...Michael Foot Kinnock et al. 

I didn't mind Foot or Kinnock. Thatcher destroyed the fabric of the UK and its never recovered. Blair didn't help either, idiot!

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I had my run ins with him...loads...he really used to savagely attack me and came out with some crackers about me which literally had me roaring laughing.... hes off his heid...but somehow i always felt there was a decent guy behind that internet facade...his " karenkarenkaren" comment about me was a great example. Its a shame he used to really use very extreme imagery...but the Blair Drummond analogies are legendery now. 

During Covid I had a couple of ding dongs with him but next interaction he was all good again. No grudge, no snide just back to normal. 
I think some dafties took him far too literally when for me it’s just he didn’t mince his words. I like that. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Ri is a good ^***.

I can never work out if he's constantly on the wind up or if he's completely off his heid 

il Duce McTarkin
22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can never work out if he's constantly on the wind up or if he's completely off his heid 

Both.

Jim_Duncan
41 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I just assumed everyone on here fluctuated between the two. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I just assumed everyone on here fluctuated between the two. 

Yep 👍 😂

TallPaul
On 16/09/2014 at 14:42, Boris said:

Smugness and celebration are two different things.

Which ever side wins should of course be delighted with the result and savour the moment, however they must be magnanimous in their victory and to both sides, the interests of Scotland are best served by moving on together for the future, whatever that may bring.

Almost a decade on and we are still feeling very smug 😁🇬🇧

Gundermann
12 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hope I’m on it, cuz I hate Humza. He’s a total bell end. 

You are now. Reported.

2045b3b4050fedd4144e8f1b157692a6_w200.gi

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

You are now. Reported.

2045b3b4050fedd4144e8f1b157692a6_w200.gi

Badge of honour. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Badge of honour. 

😎

IMG_7782.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy

Well said JC . She just wants to close down any debate and as JC pointed out didn’t give a feck for those other threatened by men and one even was assaulted . Fraud, and IMG_0371.thumb.png.8a25f125e3e7eb840fbf50af7f4a7549.png playing the misogyny card . 

Lord Montpelier
45 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well said JC . She just wants to close down any debate and as JC pointed out didn’t give a feck for those other threatened by men and one even was assaulted . Fraud, and IMG_0371.thumb.png.8a25f125e3e7eb840fbf50af7f4a7549.png playing the misogyny card . 

Something not right about that Chapman. Its in the eyes

Jim_Duncan
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Something not right about that Chapman. Its in the eyes

Or the 12 inch womb broom (s)he’s got taped down to the inside of his/her leg. 

JudyJudyJudy
50 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Or the 12 inch womb broom (s)he’s got taped down to the inside of his/her leg. 

The greens give me the willies .  

IMG_7859.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Jim_Duncan
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The greens give me the willies .  

IMG_7859.jpeg

Worst. Orgy. Ever. 

(plus no car keys anyway)

Gundermann

I smell deflection from yon Unionist leader in the Six Counties. Just as well he's not immigrant or trans.

Btw, how many Greens are facing nonce charges?

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Worst. Orgy. Ever. 

(plus no car keys anyway)

It’s a true saying , politics is show biz for ugly people 

On 26/03/2024 at 09:29, TallPaul said:

Almost a decade on and we are still feeling very smug 😁🇬🇧

1. Cost of Living Crisis: The mounting cost of living crisis has been a pressing concern for millions of people in Britain. It’s not a sudden development; rather, it’s a result of policies over the past decade that turned the welfare state into a complex web of trapdoors and tripwires. Factors like benefit cuts, dire treatment of disabled individuals, and chronic insecurity in the job market have contributed to this crisis1.

2. Brexit Costs: The aftermath of Brexit has been tumultuous. The UK’s departure from the European Union has led to billions lost in GDP due to trade disruptions, regulatory changes, and increased bureaucracy. The economic impact continues to reverberate across various sectors.

3. Liz Truss and Pensions: The collapse of pensions under the leadership of Liz Truss has raised serious concerns. Pension funds have faced challenges, affecting retirees’ financial security with the Bank of England stepping in to prevent a complete collapse.

4. Sewage Pollution: The issue of sewage flowing freely into the sea is an environmental disaster. It poses risks to marine ecosystems, public health, and tourism. Urgent measures are needed to address this problem.

5. Zero-Hours Contracts: The rise of zero-hours contracts has contributed to job insecurity and financial instability for workers. Many people are employed but still rely on food banks due to low wages and irregular work hours.

6. Austerity Measures: Austerity policies implemented after the 2008 financial crisis have had lasting effects. Cuts to public services, social programs, and welfare support have disproportionately impacted vulnerable populations.

7. Toxic Political Discourse: The language used by politicians when discussing benefits, poverty, and work has become increasingly divisive. The focus shifted from helping those in need to stigmatizing recipients of welfare.

8. Housing Crisis: The UK faces a severe shortage of affordable housing. Skyrocketing property prices, inadequate social housing, and homelessness remain critical issues.

9. Healthcare Strain: The National Health Service (NHS) has been under immense strain, exacerbated by the pandemic. Staff shortages, long waiting times, and funding challenges persist.

10. Climate Change and Flooding: The UK experiences more frequent and severe flooding due to climate change. Infrastructure vulnerabilities and inadequate flood defenses pose risks to communities.

Just a few of the utter bonfire shitshow problems of the UK in the last 10-15 years, and here we are nailed to the dying carcase of this sinking, stinking, burning turd as the politicians wheel ever further right. 

Still, SmugPaul gets to have his cake and eat it because, despite the UK government ramping taxes to their highest level since WWII whilst simultaneously shredding public services and gutting the NHS, he gets to blame the Scottish Government for it all, proving that devolution was well worth it as it protects unionists from cognitive dissonance; they will always have a convenient target for their ire, whether justified or misdirected.  

frankblack
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:
  1. Cost of Living Crisis: The mounting cost of living crisis has been a pressing concern for millions of people in Britain. It’s not a sudden development; rather, it’s a result of policies over the past decade that turned the welfare state into a complex web of trapdoors and tripwires. Factors like benefit cuts, dire treatment of disabled individuals, and chronic insecurity in the job market have contributed to this crisis1.

2. Brexit Costs: The aftermath of Brexit has been tumultuous. The UK’s departure from the European Union has led to billions lost in GDP due to trade disruptions, regulatory changes, and increased bureaucracy. The economic impact continues to reverberate across various sectors.

3. Liz Truss and Pensions: The collapse of pensions under the leadership of Liz Truss has raised serious concerns. Pension funds have faced challenges, affecting retirees’ financial security with the Bank of England stepping in to prevent a complete collapse.

4. Sewage Pollution: The issue of sewage flowing freely into the sea is an environmental disaster. It poses risks to marine ecosystems, public health, and tourism. Urgent measures are needed to address this problem.

5. Zero-Hours Contracts: The rise of zero-hours contracts has contributed to job insecurity and financial instability for workers. Many people are employed but still rely on food banks due to low wages and irregular work hours.

6. Austerity Measures: Austerity policies implemented after the 2008 financial crisis have had lasting effects. Cuts to public services, social programs, and welfare support have disproportionately impacted vulnerable populations.

7. Toxic Political Discourse: The language used by politicians when discussing benefits, poverty, and work has become increasingly divisive. The focus shifted from helping those in need to stigmatizing recipients of welfare.

8. Housing Crisis: The UK faces a severe shortage of affordable housing. Skyrocketing property prices, inadequate social housing, and homelessness remain critical issues.

9. Healthcare Strain: The National Health Service (NHS) has been under immense strain, exacerbated by the pandemic. Staff shortages, long waiting times, and funding challenges persist.

10. Climate Change and Flooding: The UK experiences more frequent and severe flooding due to climate change. Infrastructure vulnerabilities and inadequate flood defenses pose risks to communities.

Just a few of the utter bonfire shitshow problems of the UK in the last 10-15 years, and here we are nailed to the dying carcase of this sinking, stinking, burning turd as the politicians wheel ever further right. 

Still, SmugPaul gets to have his cake and eat it because, despite the UK government ramping taxes to their highest level since WWII whilst simultaneously shredding public services and gutting the NHS, he gets to blame the Scottish Government for it all, proving that devolution was well worth it as it protects unionists from cognitive dissonance; they will always have a convenient target for their ire, whether justified or misdirected.  

I could copy and paste a list of the SNPs complete shitshow in government at Holyrood.

You can google it yourself.  They are a national joke and an embarrassment to Scotland.

- The Cost of Living crisis might have something to do with Putin and the push to shut down nuclear and coal power with no backup.  No? 

- The SNP hasn't met its housebuilding targets or anything close.

- The SNP are in charge of the NHS in Scotland so should own up to their mismanagement of it.

- I'm curious how the UK or Scotland can make an impact on climate change while the biggest countries far far larger than us increase emissions exponentially?