Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Dawnrazor
10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:wtfvlad:

:lol:

IMG_20240321_144007.jpg

To be fair Konnie, I've better than that cleaning the dungeon.

6 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

5 hours ago, TallPaul said:

A good read and underlines the areas in which Scotland thrives as part of our beloved Union.

Lest any tory morons think it's all milk and honey:

https://www.ft.com/content/dd180705-6331-4187-acd5-fc07ca6da3ac

image.png.63893f8b7588f283c59c9bae4bf3674e.png

These kids really need to try harder. 

Edited by Gizmo

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

There's not really a pretty side to any nationalism James 😪

True . 

Dawnrazor
Just now, TallPaul said:

I blame the parents. Surely they are responsible for providing for their kids? 

No, it's the states responsibility! 

2 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

If their earning and spending power has been steadily eroded by 14 years of Tory austerity and no/miserable wage rises not keeping pace with inflation, fuel and food costs disproportionately increased way above inflation, rent, travel passes and other important utilities like broadband and phones bills increase annual way above inflation, and an economy only claiming not to be in recession due to a statistically irrelevant 0.25% growth?

Guess they should try harder, right? 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Not in Scotland it seems 

il Duce McTarkin
42 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

There's not really a pretty side to any nationalism James 😪

braun-italy.jpg

1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

And another in Mexico.

All those bonnie Princes in exile getting us 'hoosers' telt.

It's nice to see Mr u-turn is still fascinated by my living arrangements, even though he is wrong as usual.

TallPaul
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If their earning and spending power has been steadily eroded by 14 years of Tory austerity and no/miserable wage rises not keeping pace with inflation, fuel and food costs disproportionately increased way above inflation, rent, travel passes and other important utilities like broadband and phones bills increase annual way above inflation, and an economy only claiming not to be in recession due to a statistically irrelevant 0.25% growth?

Guess they should try harder, right? 

As I say if your kids are going without you've failed in your duty as a parent. Far too many fire out sprogs with no consideration for how they plan to provide for them then expect the state to pick up the tab. It's not a recent thing it's gone on for decades.

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not in Scotland it seems 

You know that's not true. Child poverty has increased across the UK, mirrored by the proliferation of food banks.

Somehow that's all down to irresponsibility and not the prevailing financial conditions. 🙄

25% rise in food prices in the last 2 years. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/articles/costoflivinginsights/food#:~:text=Although the rate at which,beverage prices rose by 9%. 

Someone has obviously just suggested that she sing Over The Rainbow | Judy  garland, Judy, Garland

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

braun-italy.jpg

Is that Frauline Braun ? 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Screenshot_20240321-152130~2.png

Screenshot_20240321-152104~2.png

Scotland always gets a raw deal 😂😂😂 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You know that's not true. Child poverty has increased across the UK, mirrored by the proliferation of food banks.

Somehow that's all down to irresponsibility and not the prevailing financial conditions. 🙄

25% rise in food prices in the last 2 years. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/articles/costoflivinginsights/food#:~:text=Although the rate at which,beverage prices rose by 9%. 

Someone has obviously just suggested that she sing Over The Rainbow | Judy  garland, Judy, Garland

Nooooooooo

IMG_6612.gif

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's nice to see Mr u-turn is still fascinated by my living arrangements, even though he is wrong as usual.

Ach, at least he's happy. :D

Just now, TallPaul said:

As I say if your kids are going without you've failed in your duty as a parent. Far too many fire out sprogs with no consideration for how they plan to provide for them then expect the state to pick up the tab. It's not a recent thing it's gone on for decades.

"far too many". Notice how your posts are never qualified with numbers or backed up in any way whatsoever. Your tax burden would be even higher if families stop having children as there would be too few workers to top up the pension pot or pay taxes in for whatever decimated public services we have left. 

I suppose these parents should have predicted, and budgeted for:

- a pandemic
- Brexit
- a European land war

They could have, to be honest, probably banked the house on the corporations profiteering by ramping food prices way beyond already rampant inflation during a crisis!
Greed is good for corporations and elites, but certainly not for average Joe's. The BoE was quick to tell them they shouldn't expect wage rises...

Anyway, I'm done arguing this, some of us aren't so out-of-touch and self-serving that we view all poverty as self-inflicted. 

TallPaul
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

"far too many". Notice how your posts are never qualified with numbers or backed up in any way whatsoever. Your tax burden would be even higher if families stop having children as there would be too few workers to top up the pension pot or pay taxes in for whatever decimated public services we have left. 

I suppose these parents should have predicted, and budgeted for:

- a pandemic
- Brexit
- a European land war

They could have, to be honest, probably banked the house on the corporations profiteering by ramping food prices way beyond already rampant inflation during a crisis!
Greed is good for corporations and elites, but certainly not for average Joe's. The BoE was quick to tell them they shouldn't expect wage rises...

Anyway, I'm done arguing this, some of us aren't so out-of-touch and self-serving that we view all poverty as self-inflicted. 

What's your solution Gizmo? Let's hear how you plan to some new trainers for all the hard up wains?

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is that Frauline Braun ? 

Aye. Fantastic tits and fantastic taste in Fuhrers.

15 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Screenshot_20240321-152130~2.png

Screenshot_20240321-152104~2.png

Ffs, Dawn. You'll put me off my hooker.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Ach, at least he's happy. :D

IMG_7790.gif

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

a pandemic
- Brexit
- a European land war

It’s been an issue well before any of that 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Aye. Fantastic tits and fantastic taste in Fuhrers.

Ffs, Dawn. You'll put me off my hooker.

IMG_7792.gif

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Can't say in a massive tory fan right now but I'd vote for Penny just to see her get the opportunity to lampoon thick nationalists on a more regular basis

She rips Deidre a new one every week . Poor woman must be a masochist . 😂

been here before
25 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Can't say in a massive tory fan right now but I'd vote for Penny just to see her get the opportunity to lampoon thick nationalists on a more regular basis

Oooh man Id get stuck in about that strapping wench until the council came round to see what the smell was.

And even then Id take my time answering the door.

Lord Montpelier
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

SNP woman trying to silence dean of advocates concerns about the hate crime bill . Scary stuff . They are running scared of this juggernaut . 

https://x.com/markthehibby/status/1770787431345684940?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

IMG_7794.jpeg

The snp don't like Roddy Dunlop as he's (a) bright (b) successful and (c) has the temerity on occasion to question their brand of progressive nationalism. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The snp don't like Roddy Dunlop as he's (a) bright (b) successful and (c) has the temerity on occasion to question their brand of progressive nationalism. 

Correct !☑️ 

Gundermann
4 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Folk need to get the finger out and work a bit harder 

But how? They know the currency.

Gundermann
21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

SNP woman trying to silence dean of advocates concerns about the hate crime bill . Scary stuff . They are running scared of this juggernaut . 

https://x.com/markthehibby/status/1770787431345684940?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

IMG_7794.jpeg

You'll have heard wee DRoss being put in his place by none other than Adam Tomkins, ex Tory MSP, then?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Gundermann said:

You'll have heard wee DRoss being put in his place by none other than Adam Tomkins, ex Tory MSP, then?

Stop the deflection . 

Gundermann
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Stop the deflection . 

How TF is it a deflection.

DRoss raised Dunlop's concerns, the FM raised Tomkins, the Chair of Public Law, as a response. It's called debating.

I don't know why you fear it so much...  :whistling:

Adam Tomkins, a former Conservative MSP, has written seven books in the areas of constitutional, administrative and European Union law, with a new one to follow later this year on the issue of free speech.

Mr Tomkins feels "if we focus on what the Act actually means, rather than on what intemperate voices on both the left and the right are falsely claiming it means, we might yet make a success of it".

It has been claimed that the new law will criminalise any kind of offensive speech, based solely on whether someone hearing it was offended.

The John Millar Professor of Public Law at the University of Glasgow was convener of the Scottish Parliament’s Justice Committee when the Hate Crime Bill was enacted, and has pointed to a number of what sees as misconceptions.

Read More: Hate Crime Act might yet be a success if we focus on what it means

Writing in The Herald Mr Tomkins explained: "Under the new law, not all of these characteristics are protected in the same way. Indeed, the Hate Crime Act puts them into three different categories. Race enjoys the fullest protection. Religion enjoys the least protection. And all the other characteristics are in the middle category.

Edited by Gundermann

2 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

DRoss raised Dunlop's concerns, the FM raised Tomkins, the Chair of Public Law, as a response. It's called debating.

The only people that hate the bill are people that hate certain parts of society. 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The only people that hate the bill are people that hate certain parts of society. 

It's that kind of shallow, sweeping generalisation that cements your nationalist credentials 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

That article been savaged and ridiculed . No fear here mate . Bring it on 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

It's that kind of shallow, sweeping generalisation that cements your nationalist credentials 

Thank you. Always happy to have my Scottish nationalist credentials cemented by the British nationalists

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

That’s the language they use “ fear “ instead of people “ questioning “ the bill . It’s the same type of thinking of when police do stop and searches etc . Nothing to “ fear” if you haven’t done  anything nonsense . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

To be fair Konnie, I've better than that cleaning the dungeon.

Says the man that would shag a hole in a barbershop floor... :tt2:

Gundermann
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That article been savaged and ridiculed . No fear here mate . Bring it on 

By the Daily Mail and Dross? Ok then...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/21/humza-yousaf-criticises-disinformation-over-new-scottish-hate-law

Tomkins insisted that “offensive speech is not criminalised by this legislation … just because you feel offended by what someone has said does not make it a hate crime”.

He wrote: “Asserting that sex is a biological fact or that it is not changed just by virtue of the gender by which someone chooses to identify is not and never can be a hate crime under this legislation.”

Police Scotland has firmly rebutted reports that comedians and actors would be targeted through enforcement, and earlier on Thursday the chief constable, Jo Farrell, told a meeting of the Scottish Police Authority that officers would apply the law “in a measured way, using their discretion and their common sense”.

Dawnrazor
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Oh I didn't say I wouldn't!

henrysmithsgloves
4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Swept or unswept?🤔

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Oh I didn't say I wouldn't!

True...

:sadrobbo:

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Swept or unswept?🤔

Don't think it would matter to Kickback's wanna be Casanova...

:patersone:

henrysmithsgloves
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Don't think it would matter to Kickback's wanna be Casanova...

:patersone:

Probably do the brush too😲😂

Last few pages have “at last” been pretty *** good and definitely funny.Perhaps the Natz have a sense of humour after all,who knew 👍

TallPaul
26 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

But how? They know the currency.

Humza doesn't 

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, stevie said:

Last few pages have “at last” been pretty *** good and definitely funny.Perhaps the Natz have a sense of humour after all,who knew 👍

No we don't :angry:

Gundermann
5 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Humza doesn't 

98d1f7e136319d57.png