Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'd rather we get cash for Templeton now rather than him leaving for nothing next year. Disappointing but understandable.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hearts have been a huge part of my 57 years on this planet and never have i more like chucking it in than tonight. i wont, but just so depressed at the state were in its like watching some desperate junkie sell his grannie for a fix.

I feel the same way

Selling these two players will COST Hearts money.

Our team will be shite.

We will in all probability finish bottom 6, especially with Sutton as our striker.

Attendances will be down.

No Euro qualification.

Horsed in the cups by diddy teams.

Less prize money.

Maybe a bit melodramatic, but that's what this is making me feel like.

Vlad came out with the big statement saying Rangers had to start again in Div3, but failed to tell everyone that we would have to sell them our best players to afford it.

If we had chronic cashflow why the **** are we signing enkleman and stevenson? Doesn't make much sence to me!

i agree. spending money on stevenson suggests the picture isn't critical. but it's only approx ?100K pa or so. the club obviously feel they need the rest of this cash for the tax bill or for funding ongoing costs.

as for the chat about vlad pocketing this cash... :vrface: the club need money to keep on operating. we are not yet self sufficient.

I can honestly see this being the straw that finally breaks the camels back as far as the hearts support and Vlad are concerned!!!!!!

Let's be honest we've all been scared of what happens if Vlad pulls the plug etc??

Well has it done rangers any feckin harm!!!

You know something mate, I think you have a great point, Vlad has lost interest, and it will be really awful if his neglect runs us into the ground in front of ever decreasing and disillusioned supporters, after the high of last night, this has been so disheartening.

It seems clear Temps is going or has gone

Re Ryan... as fans we need to look at the big picture... if he does not leave tonight he can negotiate with clubs from January ... so as a club we need to ask what is more valuable to us.. a player who we keep for this season with no future return or selling him now.

If he has a deal on the table from us then we need to ask what salary and what conditions are attached to it... it may be good for us and not him... again very few will know.... is the deal just for show so we fans can feel at least we tried to get him to stay when in reality we were saying to him you have 2 options... go to Rangers now or stay and sign the new deal....... the middle option of staying but on his existing terms may not be there.. Vlad may have simply said if you do not sign the new contract for us you will not play ... that means he has a real decision to make and not perhaps the one he wanted to make.

Personally I do not envy him and would not be suprised if the above is true.

It's forcing out but trying to put a decent spin on it from the clubs point of view.

I think they are fully aware of the backlash that could come the clubs way if a joint deal goes through and are preparing the ground for the above explanation.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well quite a few can't grasp the fact that if you can't get a fee in this window for a player in the final year of his contact then he can sign a pre contact for someone else when the next window opens

Can Sevco offer precontracts though?

Silly me, the GFA is there to help. Apologies.

The right youngsters......until Romanov forces them out the door too.

Hate to shatter your bubble, but our club is not 'moving on' in the right direction. ;-(((((

The writing is on the wall sadly. Gutted.

Hate to burst YOUR bubble, but Heart of Midlothian have ALWAYS been a selling club and will continue to do so.

As much as it's a blow to sell to Rangers the simple facts are no other club has obviously came in with a decent offer apart from The Rangers.

Thems the facts.

Hate to shatter your bubble, but our club is not 'moving on' in the right direction. ;-(((((

Hate to burst YOUR bubble, but Heart of Midlothian have ALWAYS been a selling club and will continue to do so.

As much as it's a blow to sell to Rangers the simple facts are no other club has obviously came in with a decent offer apart from The Rangers.

Thems the facts.

siegementality

I really do hate deadline day.

If we lose one of them, I would probably settle for that. Two of them though would be a kick in the teeth.

Personally I've never been a Templeton fan so I'm completely non fussed about him going, especially, given he only has a year on his contract left, the money offered. McGowan is a different matter, if he goes I wouldn't be impressed.

Better players have come and gone.

I'm confident we have the right youngsters at the club to move on.

At least we are getting cash for players who the Orcs would probably sign in January for nowt.

Exactly, until we have 30,000+ season ticket holders we'll always see our players move west and as we've a pretty small stadium which is rarely full we'll just have to suck it up.

Besides Sally's daft enough to play Temp's on the left and Gowser behind the striker so they'll do eff all.

At the end of the day, how can our owner agree to do business with sevco, after the Wallace debacle.

He should have told them to GTF.

But he's not interested.

To do this after last nite proves he's not interested.

Savage to say this. but I can't help thinking that if an electrician from Elgin or an accountant from Annan halves Temps in 2, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

When our owner is pumping 30 million into a basketball team at the same time, yes.

:lol: aye ok. are you aware that romanov owns hearts? not the other way around?

it's no business of hearts as to what romanov spends his money on.

Don't want to lose temps but understand him leaving but macgowan going wouldn't make sense for the boy just now, he's only just established himself in the team and could do so much better

kingantti1874

Thems the facts.

there comes a point where you have to wonder if it's worth the money or hassle, I pay double what sevco fans do for a season ticket...

Hate to shatter YOUR bubble, but Heart of Midlothian have ALWAYS been a selling club and will continue to do so.

Thems the facts.

Thems the facts.

I agree but only when we sell them for the right fee, like craig gordon

The_razors_edge

Romanov is, as ever, a mixed bag. Not sure that we would exist without him.

All the money he put into Hearts was effectively wasted by his insistence in meddling with team and signing affairs. Notably massively overpaying wages to "Carlos Kickaball" types. Now were are trying to become self-sustaining, which is fair enough. Instead of letting overpaid players go, but retaining key figures (Black, Skacel), we are just rushing helter skelter to get players off the wage bill. This will weaken the side, and piss off the support.

It's fair enough to reduce the wage bill, but could we just do it sensibly? ie not insisting players are benched if they refuse to sign extensions. Let them play at top form as they try to win a contract elsewhere; accept that is the way things go. This is not the case, and as ever, mis-management at Hearts abounds, at a time when the Old Firm are relatively weak.

Net spend into Hearts by Romanov has been about 5 million a year for 6 years. Can you imagine what might have been possible if we'd had a good manager allowed to get on with it - a Peter Houston, Derek McInnes, Owen Coyle type. But it's been thrown down the pan due to the running of the club. And now we are cutting back in a crazy hap-hazard fashion.

No one seems to have noticed that McGlynn out-smarted Brendan Rodgers. He set Hearts up tactically, and we almost knocked out Liverpool on Thursday. But again he'll have to cope with the inevitable lunacy that Romanov brings to the party.

If we ever do become self-sustaining, will he leave us alone to get on with it? Thursday night, I'm chuffed to bits. Now Friday comes, and we're all pissed off. We are Hearts.

A fair and balanced post. Strangely, VR's staunchest supporters on here are absent this evening. Maybe the penny is finally dropping.

quincy adams wagstaff

vlad may have an ace in the hole,in a bid to keep the fans sweet,watch out for rudi making a comeback.

John McClure

lad on sky sports news saying its pretty much done

this is difficult to take

hearts can go **** themselves

so can temps and so can mcgowan

John McClure

lad on sky sports news saying its pretty much done

this is difficult to take

hearts can go **** themselves

so can temps and so can mcgowan

I agree but only when we sell them for the right fee, like craig gordon

:lol:

The days of getting ?9 million for scottish talent has long gone.

I don't understand why people are finding these transfers hard to understand.

In 6months time these players can sign on for whoever they want for NOWT.

At least by selling today the club is getting in some much needed wonga for players we have developed.

I can honestly see this being the straw that finally breaks the camels back as far as the hearts support and Vlad are concerned!!!!!!

Let's be honest we've all been scared of what happens if Vlad pulls the plug etc??

We don't have 45k bigots prepared to watch us, or hundreds of thousand more throughout the world to keep us going.

Liquidation would be our near death, having to start again at Paties Rd and taking years to get back.

For Rangers, liquidation and Regan / Doncaster hve been the saving of them.

We don't have 45k bigots prepared to watch us, or hundreds of thousand more throughout the world to keep us going.

Liquidation would be our near death, having to start again at Paties Rd and taking years to get back.

For Rangers, liquidation and Regan / Doncaster hve been the saving of them.

vlad may have an ace in the hole,in a bid to keep the fans sweet,whach out for rudi making a comeback.

Sorry mate, but that won't buy it for me.

Romanov can go **** himself.

Still, I always like to look on the bright side. It gives all you keyboard smashers something to direct all your seethe at, gives me more reason to hate zombieco even more intensely and free's up space for some more youngsters to come through.

At times like this it's important to remember that there are always those in a worse position than you. Like the shower of shite from Lochend that got their back doors burst in by their most bitterly hated and infinitely superior rivals, in the biggest derby in their history.

FTH

5-1 forever.

Gowser at murray park...lost for words....up n dwn constantly with Hearts...my heart is broken.....cany put up with this......dejected....

Gowser at murray park...lost for words....up n dwn constantly with Hearts...my heart is broken.....cany put up with this......dejected....

Jambof3tornado

Too much pantwetting going only. We are a selling club.

Rather that we did no business with the old firm but shite happens.

Better players have moved on.

What an absolute fecking joke. I wouldn't even be bothered if it was bloody Celtic. It's the fact it's them.

What an absolute fecking joke. I wouldn't even be bothered if it was bloody Celtic. It's the fact it's them.

It amazes me how so many players in the SPL this year have shown a complete lack of ambition. Templeton and McGowan now included.

Money grabbers

With the number of players out of contract at the end of the season next season's team will be very interesting and very young. I expect season tickets will be be at their lowest in recent memory.

Archived