The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Skrtel deal off

The sky sports article quotes the player's agent who couldn't be plainer at just how far off Rangers are in signing Gerrard's main target

"Martin would be very happy to play under Steven Gerrard but sometimes, regarding transfers, you need to put so many things together and in this situation it's impossible", Csonto said.

"When there is only a small difference then you can find a solution, but in this case, the salary of the player in Turkey is four or five times more than what Rangers could offer. That makes it impossible.

"Steven tried to make it happen but he had no idea about the financial situation of the player. He is trying to get the best players possible and that's why he spoke to Martin about this but unfortunately it's going to be impossible.

"Steven spoke to Martin about it before he went to went to Rangers. Eventually, the chief executives of the clubs did speak about a transfer but they both agreed the difference between them is too much."

Ooooofftt. No wonder they wanted a story about restricting Celtic tickets to push this news down the order.

i wish jj was my dad
15 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Skrtel deal off

The sky sports article quotes the player's agent who couldn't be plainer at just how far off Rangers are in signing Gerrard's main target

"Martin would be very happy to play under Steven Gerrard but sometimes, regarding transfers, you need to put so many things together and in this situation it's impossible", Csonto said.

"When there is only a small difference then you can find a solution, but in this case, the salary of the player in Turkey is four or five times more than what Rangers could offer. That makes it impossible.

"Steven tried to make it happen but he had no idea about the financial situation of the player. He is trying to get the best players possible and that's why he spoke to Martin about this but unfortunately it's going to be impossible.

"Steven spoke to Martin about it before he went to went to Rangers. Eventually, the chief executives of the clubs did speak about a transfer but they both agreed the difference between them is too much."

Ooooofftt. No wonder they wanted a story about restricting Celtic tickets to push this news down the order.

Bad  news this. I'd much rather they pushed tbe boat out for their 'manager' and ran out of money sooner. 

I think Gerrard will do walking away before the season kicks off. Sevco four or five times adrift on Skrtel's basic per his agent. Let that sink in Stevie. 

6 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

Jesus, can you not keep anything alive?

Well played ????

buzzbomb1958

GASL calling for an investigation into someone calling Sevco fans smelly tramps what a brass neck that guy has ,he should shut up about investigations or he might  get what he wishes for

Hagar the Horrible

I think they tried to sign Russian Sergei Skripal from Salisbury FC? But Jabba is now blaming Novichok his nerve agent for the deal collasping on a park bench

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think they tried to sign Russian Sergei Skripal from Salisbury FC? But Jabba is now blaming Novicho his nerve agent for the deal collasping on a park bench

Hilarious

alwaysthereinspirit

"My player wants 60,000, Newco offered 50,000. We can work something out"

My player wants 60,000, Newco offered 15,000. We cant work something out"

jock _turd
20 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just shows what an ambitious managerial appointment can achieve. Restricting away fans, especially Celtic's, has to be the aim for clubs like us.

Us being the bonny fitba team do at Easter Road:bolt:

7 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

"My player wants 60,000, Newco offered 50,000. We can work something out"

My player wants 60,000, Newco offered 15,000. We cant work something out"

My player wants 60,000, Newco offered 7,500 and a bonus of 750k when they reach the CL group stages.  We cant work something out"

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

My player wants 60,000, Newco offered 7,500 and a bonus of 750k when they reach the CL group stages.  We cant work something out"

They'll be in the league cup group stages soon enough. With any luck.

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Us being the bonny fitba team do at Easter Road:bolt:

Grow up.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Grow up.

Tbf, you are the one trying to get a rise out of fellow Hearts fans on a Hearts forum, for kicks, mate...

42 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Probably offered a miserly transfer fee to be paid in instalments over 3 years like they were buying from a littlewoods catalog. :D

22 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just shows what an ambitious managerial appointment can achieve. Restricting away fans, especially Celtic's, has to be the aim for clubs like us.

Ambitious or foolhardy, we will see. 

On 24/05/2018 at 18:07, Brownbear said:

I’ll give you time for one point, go and read about prize money being withheld.

Sevco made it clear they were a new club to avoid liability for Rangers’ crippling debts. Believing that they were somehow hard done by because they weren’t given Rangers’ prize money really is a special kind of stupid.

No prize money was ‘withheld’. It wasn’t paid because the club that earned it no longer existed. Not punishment, consequence.

’Punishments’ handed to Rangers and Sevco included a points deduction (applied at the end of the season when it made no difference whatsoever), a signing ban (not actually imposed as it was deferred by a month to allow players to be signed) and a fine that was never paid. So, no actual punishment. Everything else that happened was a consequence.

Edited by Doc Rob

i wish jj was my dad
On 24/05/2018 at 20:32, Enzo Chiefo said:

Missed this one, Enzo. Trying too hard now.

BobbyJenkins
9 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Sevco made it clear they were a new club to avoid liability for Rangers’ crippling debts. Believing that they were somehow hard done by because they weren’t given Rangers’ prize money really is a special kind of stupid.

No prize money was ‘withheld’. It wasn’t paid because the club that earned it no longer existed. Not punishment, consequence.

’Punishments’ handed to Rangers and Sevco included a points deduction (applied at the end of the season when it made no difference whatsoever), a signing ban (not actually imposed as it was deferred by a month to allow players to be signed) and a fine that was never paid. So, no actual punishment. Everything else that happened was a consequence.

I’m just going to save your post to my phone to pull out when they start their pish. Top post ?

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Missed this one, Enzo. Trying too hard now.

You've got to be sharper than that JJ. That one came in under the radar. :thumbsup:

Tommy Brown

from the Daily Record too (my oh my)

Former Rangers stars face £24m EBT bill as Taxman's payback deadline looms

HMRC's cash demand could hit a squad of Ibrox old boys including legendary goalie Stefan Klos as well as former owner David Murray.

By
Craig Robertson
  • 04:30, 28 MAY 2018

Former Rangers stars who benefited from a controversial tax avoidance scheme have just days left to come up with a payback plan – or face legal action.

The Taxman is trying to recoup millions of pounds from Employee Benefits Trusts (EBT), which were operated by the Ibrox side.

Some experts have put the bill at £24million – half of the £48million which Rangers paid out in EBT payments to directors, managers, players and staff.

HMRC are understood to have sent out notices requesting payback from those who were part of the schemes.

They have set a deadline of this Thursday to open up negotiations on a settlement deal.The Taxman was given power to go after former Rangers figures following a Supreme Court ruling last July which said EBT payments made under the David Murray regime at Ibrox were not loans but earnings that should have been taxed.

It came at the end of a seven-year court saga over what’s known as the Big Tax Case.

The payback could hit a squad of Ibrox old boys – from legendary goalie Stefan Klos to less heralded signings including Nuno Capucho and Julien Rodriguez.

Former club owner Murray, with an estimated liability of more than £3million, is by far the biggest potential loser.

Last July, former team captain Barry Ferguson was made bankrupt, with debts of more than £1.4million. He faced an unpaid tax bill of £1.25million after receiving EBT payments.

HMRC are also targeting users of “disguised renumeration tax avoidance schemes” in thousands of other businesses.

Spellczech
8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

HMRC's cash demand could hit a squad of Ibrox old boys including legendary goalie Stefan Klos as well as former owner David Murray.

By
Craig Robertson

Former Rangers stars who benefited from a controversial tax avoidance scheme have just days left to come up with a payback plan – or face legal action.

The Taxman is trying to recoup millions of pounds from Employee Benefits Trusts (EBT), which were operated by the Ibrox side.

Some experts have put the bill at £24million – half of the £48million which Rangers paid out in EBT payments to directors, managers, players and staff.

HMRC are understood to have sent out notices requesting payback from those who were part of the schemes.

They have set a deadline of this Thursday to open up negotiations on a settlement deal.The Taxman was given power to go after former Rangers figures following a Supreme Court ruling last July which said EBT payments made under the David Murray regime at Ibrox were not loans but earnings that should have been taxed.

It came at the end of a seven-year court saga over what’s known as the Big Tax Case.

The payback could hit a squad of Ibrox old boys – from legendary goalie Stefan Klos to less heralded signings including Nuno Capucho and Julien Rodriguez.

Former club owner Murray, with an estimated liability of more than £3million, is by far the biggest potential loser.

Last July, former team captain Barry Ferguson was made bankrupt, with debts of more than £1.4million. He faced an unpaid tax bill of £1.25million after receiving EBT payments.

HMRC are also targeting users of “disguised renumeration tax avoidance schemes” in thousands of other businesses.

I bet Barry Ferguson's wife and kids are not short of a penny or two - tactical bankruptcy I'm sure...

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

By
Craig Robertson

Controversial ?  I prefer "illegal tax scam" myself.  And why does it refer so much to foreign ex players who won't be affected anyway - what about McLeish or Sounness ?

On 24/05/2018 at 20:32, Enzo Chiefo said:

The most ambitious mangerial appointment in Scotland ever was probably Cathro. You and others have done nothing but moan (in hindsight) about such an appointment.

The Gerrard could very well head in the same direction. All the more season ticket holders to be left angry and disillusioned next season I hope.

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

By
Craig Robertson

The taxman's first port of call in a situation like this is to get the tax due from the employer and if this fails then to chase the beneficiaries.

In this case the club was liquidated (ie DIED) and so HMRC are rightly chasing the players who gained benefit.

The point I wish to make to make is that HMRC are following the true legal position which is that the old Rangers ceased to exist.  Why can't the SFA do likewise?

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Controversial ?  I prefer "illegal tax scam" myself.  And why does it refer so much to foreign ex players who won't be affected anyway - what about McLeish or Sounness ?

If this was the case in England, the headlines would be 'Hector after thousands from England manager'.  Here the press won't mention the fact that our national manager took dodgy money. It would be headline news south of the border.  

I wonder how many more of them had the foresight to place all their assets in the wife's name more than 7 years ago so leaving them  to scrape by on pocket money

6 minutes ago, brownkg said:

I wonder how many more of them had the foresight to place all their assets in the wife's name more than 7 years ago so leaving them  to scrape by on pocket money

Even that is not enough. If HMRC can show the timing of the assets  transfer is related to the tax bill it won't hold up. 

Hope Hector rounds the whole lot up. Just underlines the corrupt farce of 'no sporting advantage'. 

25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Even that is not enough. If HMRC can show the timing of the assets  transfer is related to the tax bill it won't hold up. 

So they can still go for poor wee Baza even though he transferred his assets to his wife before bankruptcy?  I bloody hope so.  Funny how they claim to be the quintessential british team except when it comes to paying their british taxes.  

Tommy Brown
33 minutes ago, Elmore said:

So they can still go for poor wee Baza even though he transferred his assets to his wife before bankruptcy?  I bloody hope so.  Funny how they claim to be the quintessential british team except when it comes to paying their british taxes.  

Exactly, put to sleep by Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. :smile:

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Hope Hector rounds the whole lot up. Just underlines the corrupt farce of 'no sporting advantage'. 

According to a relative who works in HMRC he has heard Hector is indeed keeping a very close eye on Rangers/Sevco etc.

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Indeed. That would be absolutely tremendous to see. 

2 hours ago, Elmore said:

I believe so. There's a thing called gratuitous alienation in bankruptcy cases , basically pretending everything is owned by  someone else so you don't have to pay your creditors. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I believe so. There's a thing called gratuitous alienation in bankruptcy cases , basically pretending everything is owned by  someone else so you don't have to pay your creditors. 

I wonder if that's why McLeish got the job.  'Give me the job to pay of my tax bill or I'll tell them where the bodies are buried!'  Only joking here, but with Scottish football you wouldn't be surprised.

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The taxman's first port of call in a situation like this is to get the tax due from the employer and if this fails then to chase the beneficiaries.

In this case the club was liquidated (ie DIED) and so HMRC are rightly chasing the players who gained benefit.

The point I wish to make to make is that HMRC are following the true legal position which is that the old Rangers ceased to exist.  Why can't the SFA do likewise?

It would be brilliant if HMRC could go after the SFA as accessories..

59 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It would be brilliant if HMRC could go after the SFA as accessories..

There's no suggestion that the SFA were complicit in the offence but they certainly did not seem keen to apply their own rules too rigidly afterwards.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think there's a time limit on gratuitous alienation (5 years iirc) so as long as Barry's advisers had him switch his assets as soon as the EBT sh1t started to hit the fan, he may well be OK.  Plenty others won't have had the foresight or advisers to help prepare for this eventuality, so I expect a few more bankruptcies.

Of course, the EBT recipients will have no recourse to legal action against Rangers, as this is one of those bad things that died with the old company, so they will have to refer any grievance to the liquidators.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I think there's a time limit on gratuitous alienation (5 years iirc) so as long as Barry's advisers had him switch his assets as soon as the EBT sh1t started to hit the fan, he may well be OK.  Plenty others won't have had the foresight or advisers to help prepare for this eventuality, so I expect a few more bankruptcies.

Of course, the EBT recipients will have no recourse to legal action against Rangers, as this is one of those bad things that died with the old company, so they will have to refer any grievance to the liquidators.

It is a complete defence under Scots law if you can show that at any time after a gratuitous alienation that you were solvent. It is unlikely that HMRC will be able to succeed against anyone who gave away most of their assets before HMRC won the case.

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

Dem side letters not working for them , and not a word from the Glasgow media.  I almost , almost, want to start a gofundme page  where  football fans can put this nonsense to rest once and for all where we fund a test case against Sevco in the courts. 

The Gasman
16 hours ago, RobNox said:

....Of course, the EBT recipients will have no recourse to legal action against Rangers, as this is one of those bad things that died with the old company, so they will have to refer any grievance to the liquidators.

I’m not aware of any grounds for such legal action, but if there were, it might be classed a a football debt, so become the problem of this current Rangers.

doctor jambo
28 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

I’m not aware of any grounds for such legal action, but if there were, it might be classed a a football debt, so become the problem of this current Rangers.

They have no recourse for legal action because .....its a tax bill

At all times, even as an employee, YOU are responsible for tax paid on your behalf

The only recourse they would have is IF the tax had been taken my the employer ( Rangers) to pay HMRC on their behalf, then failed to do so.

However the EBT's were paid gross- with no deduction- so the players have zero recourse to chase any club - either alive or not

54 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They have no recourse for legal action because .....its a tax bill

At all times, even as an employee, YOU are responsible for tax paid on your behalf

The only recourse they would have is IF the tax had been taken my the employer ( Rangers) to pay HMRC on their behalf, then failed to do so.

However the EBT's were paid gross- with no deduction- so the players have zero recourse to chase any club - either alive or not

A player could sue Rangers (in whichever guise) for having led him, without his realising the full percussions, into a situation which ended up with him being chased by Hector.

I'd love to see it if there were such a court case. :)

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A player could sue Rangers (in whichever guise) for having led him, without his realising the full percussions, into a situation which ended up with him being chased by Hector.

Maybe their agents could be implicated too. I’d love to see some of those smarmy parasites forced to give up some of the money they have leeched out of the game. :) 

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Pretty sure all of those who were involved I this would have had their financial interests looked after by their agents or accountants. I'd be amazed if they were not well informed that this scheme was suspect. Going to be an interesting few months for quite a few of these folk.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Pretty sure all of those who were involved I this would have had their financial interests looked after by their agents or accountants. I'd be amazed if they were not well informed that this scheme was suspect. Going to be an interesting few months for quite a few of these folk.

:pleasing:

Hopefully a few Rangers EBT recipients were still receiving trust-money whilst occupying SFA offices too. That just be the icing on the cake.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic