The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

buzzbomb1958

Just heard from a very good source Ibroke has been visited by sheriff officers today ,don't know the full story but here's hoping!

32 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Just heard from a very good source Ibroke has been visited by sheriff officers today ,don't know the full story but here's hoping!

Some Twitter account alluded last night that they were in just after 7pm yesterday

Footballfirst

King has put out another statement in response to the SPFL.

“I am surprised at the SPFL’s response to my request for an independent investigation into the relationship of its chairman to major shareholders in Celtic FC.

“Any organisation that has behaved properly would welcome an independent and transparent review.

“The SPFL’s response does not even attempt to answer why there was non-disclosure of the conflict that immediately arose when the SPFL chairman accepted this appointment.

“SPFL board members were informed that their chairman was taking up a non-executive directorship with another business but they were not told there was a conflict of interest due to common shareholders with significant influence within that company and Celtic FC.

“We need to be told if the SPFL chairman chose not to disclose the conflict. If it transpires that he did in fact make the required disclosure then to whom did he address this and why did that person not relay this critical information to SPFL board members?

“Had the conflict been disclosed the SPFL board members could have carried out their fiduciary obligation by interrogating this conflict of interest and agreeing how the chairman would deal with it going forward.

“The existence of this conflict means that the SPFL chairman must recuse himself from much of the business of the SPFL going forward thereby rendering his present position as being not fit for purpose.

“The SPFL’s rather hurried and inadequate response merely reinforces my personal view that good governance is not a priority for the SPFL executive.

“These questions must be addressed immediately if confidence is to be restored in the SPFL executive and its chairman.”

brunoatemyhamster

Where do you even start with that statement! 

...a bit disco

Something big on the horizon you would think, with all this 'deflection'.

5 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

we are ra peepul do as i say

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Don't see much wrong with King's statement. 

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Sevco and Dave King mention good governance in a statement - obviously this doesn't apply to them.

Any advance on September for this seasons emergency loan?

BelgeJambo

Is this a joint exit strategy from the arse cheeks hoping the Beeks will banish them?

cant imagine anyone else would have them 

13 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They could have their very own PPI (type) scenario which would be hilarious! I can see the TV advert now. Rangers players! Were you mis-sold an EBT?  Are you now being hounded by Hector? Call William & Orange on 0141 1690 2012 now for help. 

image.thumb.png.0f8218ba86330ed42bde9153306ce9dc.png

John James going ahead and completely ripping you off.

Spfl Rule B2:

No Club, either by itself or its Officials, shall by any means whatsoever disparage, belittle, discredit or unfairly criticise any other Club, the Company or the League or in either case any such other Cub or the Company’s directors, officers, employees or agents (which shall, for the avoidance of doubt, exclude supporters).

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Spfl Rule B2:

No Club, either by itself or its Officials, shall by any means whatsoever disparage, belittle, discredit or unfairly criticise any other Club, the Company or the League or in either case any such other Cub or the Company’s directors, officers, employees or agents (which shall, for the avoidance of doubt, exclude supporters).

So why was that not enforced when Brown called Walker a cheat?

Edited by Bez

1 minute ago, Bez said:

So why was that not enforced when Brown called Walker a cheat?

Dude, it doesn't covers spats between players. Its for clubs and their officials - I.E office bearers/directors etc..

The SPFL should just start calling themselves newSPFL and tell the paranoid peepul to go and find oldSPFL.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Dude, it doesn't covers spats between players. Its for clubs and their officials - I.E office bearers/directors etc..

“employees”

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

image.thumb.png.0f8218ba86330ed42bde9153306ce9dc.png

John James going ahead and completely ripping you off.

Fame at last!! :laugh:

Might have to move home though if the orcs get wind of me!

weegie jambo
44 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Spfl Rule B2:

that rule has been ridden over rough shod so many times, it might as well not exist!

Sevco fans on Twitter wanting them to sign John Terry.

The penny will never drop.

Liquidation Mark II cannot come quick enough

15 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

The DUP of Scottish football. 

12 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

that rule has been ridden over rough shod so many times, it might as well not exist!

It applies to everyone except  the Old Firm. The governing bodies here are little more than a complete joke.

On 5/29/2018 at 17:31, ...a bit disco said:

Statement o'clock.

Tuesday, 29 May 2018, 16:00

by Rangers Football Club

THE Club notes with concern the latest disclosure through the media regarding a business relationship which the Chairman of the SPFL has with leading shareholders of a fellow SPFL club.

This has given rise to allegations of non-disclosure and it is now imperative that we discover exactly the nature of the information supplied to the SPFL regarding this relationship.

It is equally important that any conflicts of interest, or even the perception of such, whereby positions within the Scottish football authorities could be undermined, or abused, must be aggressively rooted out of our game.

The SPFL, therefore, must immediately suspend its Chairman pending an independent investigation by a senior QC into the allegations and into the extent that other parties within the SPFL may have cooperated in this alleged non-disclosure. There is a clear prima facie case for this investigation.

Unfortunately for Scottish football, this incident immediately follows a similar call by myself for an independent non-executive director of the SFA to be suspended under similar circumstances. The credibility of Scottish Football in the minds of supporters and sponsors is at stake and urgent action is required. Transparency will be key to recovering the confidence of key stakeholders in Scottish football and this cannot be achieved if the SFA and/or the SPFL conduct internal investigations.

The SPFL and SFA must now appoint independent investigators. Scottish football is an important national asset and must have levels of probity and governance that are beyond reproach and that are transparently so.

Dave King
Chairman
29 May 2018

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairman-calls-for-second-independent-investigation/

Does anyone remember how many chairman of Scottish football clubs are known to hold shares in Rangers/The Rangers ? You know, those guys who got a vote on The Rangers being admitted as a new club to the Scottish league. 

Does anyone remember that time  a guy with circa 70K shares in Rangers became president of the SFA but no one batted an eyelid ? Not a peep from the media. 

Or that ex Rangers geezer who is  (and has been for years) at the centre of a current  media storm for his part in the UEFA licencing investigation ?

So, no conflict there then ?

The Rangers really are clutching at straws now. 

kirkierobroy

I really like the cut of that South African judge's jib; 'glib' and 'shameless' are the perfect adjectives to sum up the Lying King and his every utterance.

Imagine the dudgeon at SPFL HQ and the relevant Old Firmery, and the subsequent discipline, had the chairperson of a 'wee diddy club' come out with something like that about either bumcheek.

Hagar the Horrible

This all out assault by King smells of desperation?  Using bad legal parlance to discredit the prosecution witnesses to get your guilty client off on a technicality?  Its like a bad US legal eagle drama?  In this case King is trying to discredit the witnesses, the jury, the Fiscal and the Judge? There must be more bad news or manuvering behind the scenes, The timing of this will tell.  It is as though King is trying to circle the wagons and get the hordes behind him in advance of some major big news story to hit?   Also I am willing to guess that this muddying of Hughes, Maclennan is because they are involved by default of their jobs to bring the Glib one to task.  I am willing to bet the next target will be Karyn Patrick Francis Aloysius McCluskey (I made up the middle names) might also be a Kafflik, It is all an anti rangurz conspiricy?  After that its club officials, but I have to ask is Steward Robertson and Andrew Dickson also on the same board? Should the same interigation by a senior QC not be equally transparent as I am sure they are on the Rangers board.  I know because I googled it, its already transparent Dave.

Anyhoo I bet Karyn is next on the muddy list?

buzzbomb1958
56 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

This all out assault by King smells of desperation?  Using bad legal parlance to discredit the prosecution witnesses to get your guilty client off on a technicality?  Its like a bad US legal eagle drama?  In this case King is trying to discredit the witnesses, the jury, the Fiscal and the Judge? There must be more bad news or manuvering behind the scenes, The timing of this will tell.  It is as though King is trying to circle the wagons and get the hordes behind him in advance of some major big news story to hit?   Also I am willing to guess that this muddying of Hughes, Maclennan is because they are involved by default of their jobs to bring the Glib one to task.  I am willing to bet the next target will be Karyn Patrick Francis Aloysius McCluskey (I made up the middle names) might also be a Kafflik, It is all an anti rangurz conspiricy?  After that its club officials, but I have to ask is Steward Robertson and Andrew Dickson also on the same board? Should the same interigation by a senior QC not be equally transparent as I am sure they are on the Rangers board.  I know because I googled it, its already transparent Dave.

Totally agree with you this seems to be a good defence is attack by GASL,I would say Sevco chickens are coming home to roost,there is just too much media hype coming out of ibroke you just know the shit is about to hit the fan, meanwhile the orcs has splashed their crisis loans on season tickets and are jumping off the cliff like lemmings being taken for another ride,some people cannot be helped I'm afraid.

doctor jambo

The thing I hate about all this is the cloaked " Celtic" attacks- when really what they mean is "Catholic".

Is that really where we are as a society?

Businessmen do business- King knows this, we all know it, so someone on the SPFL does business with another prominent business dude involved with Celtic- so what?

If Anne Budge ever did business with a shareholder in another club should we bother ?

No.

King highlighting the religion of people in governing bodies is frankly disgusting

jambovambo

“Saw this today, reminded me of Dave King. 

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.” ―Carl Sandburg”

James Doleman tweet

Mister Dee
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The thing I hate about all this is the cloaked " Celtic" attacks- when really what they mean is "Catholic".

Businessmen do business- King knows this, we all know it, so someone on the SPFL does business with another prominent business dude involved with Celtic- so what?

If Anne Budge ever did business with a shareholder in another club should we bother ?

No.

King highlighting the religion of people in governing bodies is frankly disgusting

Totally agree. 

They really are a paranoid bunch of slavering, bigoted, idiots. 

A quick look on Bears Den, as usual has me half infuriated, half in hysterics. 

For example :

"To think what we've went through since 2012 all because we had the audacity to employ a perfectly legal tax scheme in previous years, become the victims of a fraudulant takevover and then have the con man withhold tax due to HMRC ... we had our title winning side stripped, prize monies taken under duress, put to the bottom tier of Scottish football, had an illegal transfer embargo, had the authorities try to strip our titles/honours and forever called cheats.

BBC done specially commissioned programmes on us that were absolute hatchet-jobs and we've given celtic free titles and x-amount of years worth of 20-25million Champions League money at a time while all this was going on.

No help from anyone - only more obstacles put in our road.

and there's still people that can't see it and support the Scottish national team, like seeing Scottish teams do well in Europe, want them to get their new stadiums etc you name it. 

We have something to go on, something tangible a clear conflict of interests in the governing body who have treated us appaulingly and within an hour they respond by saying "no case to answer" ... Scotland and Scottish football is the ultimate hell-hole for any Rangers supporter, Unionist, Loyalist. 

Scottish Catholics in positions of power and any single person assosciated with the SNP and higher levels of Police Scotland are not to be trusted. **** anyone that thinks differently."

There you have it, the people have spoken. 

Its all an anti-Protestant conspiracy.

You'll notice they weren't liquidated either, but 'put to the bottom of Scottish football"

I appreciate this is only one opinion, but there are a lot others like it! :D

alwaysthereinspirit
24 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Totally agree. 

They really are a paranoid bunch of slavering, bigoted, idiots. 

A quick look on Bears Den, as usual has me half infuriated, half in hysterics. 

For example :

"To think what we've went through since 2012 all because we had the audacity to employ a perfectly legal tax scheme in previous years, become the victims of a fraudulant takevover and then have the con man withhold tax due to HMRC ... we had our title winning side stripped, prize monies taken under duress, put to the bottom tier of Scottish football, had an illegal transfer embargo, had the authorities try to strip our titles/honours and forever called cheats.

BBC done specially commissioned programmes on us that were absolute hatchet-jobs and we've given celtic free titles and x-amount of years worth of 20-25million Champions League money at a time while all this was going on.

No help from anyone - only more obstacles put in our road.

and there's still people that can't see it and support the Scottish national team, like seeing Scottish teams do well in Europe, want them to get their new stadiums etc you name it. 

We have something to go on, something tangible a clear conflict of interests in the governing body who have treated us appaulingly and within an hour they respond by saying "no case to answer" ... Scotland and Scottish football is the ultimate hell-hole for any Rangers supporter, Unionist, Loyalist. 

Scottish Catholics in positions of power and any single person assosciated with the SNP and higher levels of Police Scotland are not to be trusted. **** anyone that thinks differently."

There you have it, the people have spoken. 

Its all an anti-Protestant conspiracy.

You'll notice they weren't liquidated either, but 'put to the bottom of Scottish football"

I appreciate this is only one opinion, but there are a lot others like it! :D

Sounds like that fan is just another in a long line of unedumicated bigot like Newco fans.  

47 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

No.

Clearly in some parts of Scottish society this is where people are at. One of the most interesting aspects of the whole Rangers debacle is the fact that no one in the Scottish establishment stepped up to save them in their hour of the need. Instead it was left to a snake oil salesman Yorkshireman and then the crook in exile. Growing up (I am in my late 40s) I had always assumed that Rangers were the establishment club and would find backing from captains of industry of a certain religious persuasion but this didn't happen. Maybe the judiciary is still influenced by religion but business isn't and this is quite heartening in its own way.

52 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Sounds like that fan is just another in a long line of unedumicated bigot like Newco fans.  

Surely the news should be told about that place? I mean, if we get in trouble for Stampy, how do they get away with the kind of stuff every single post is littered with over there?

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, trotter said:

Surely the news should be told about that place? I mean, if we get in trouble for Stampy, how do they get away with the kind of stuff every single post is littered with over there?

They're quite open about it every Saturday afternoon August through May. Scotlands shame on both cheeks of the same arse. 21ST century my ass.

I have no idea how you change years of brainwashing for thousands and bring them into the real world. I cant imagine the time it must take to hate something so constantly.

22 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

They're quite open about it every Saturday afternoon August through May. Scotlands shame on both cheeks of the same arse. 21ST century my ass.

I have no idea how you change years of brainwashing for thousands and bring them into the real world. I cant imagine the time it must take to hate something so constantly.

It's as if both groups are too stupid to realise that's it's nothing but the old adage of divide and rule.

:interehjrling:

Cruyff Turn

:laugh:

Where was Dave King when the President of the SFA, Campbell Ogilvie, was getting paid backhanders by Rangers (RIP)? 

In March 2012 Ogilvie admitted to being a member of the Employee Benefit Trust scheme at Rangers when he was both a Director of Rangers as well as the treasurer of the Scottish Football Association.[

Oh and this, plucked from BearsDen http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/316152-institutionalised-prejudice-against-rangers-–-are-we-there-yet/

Such a thick delusional bunch.:rofl: 

alwaysthereinspirit
16 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

It's as if both groups are too stupid to realise that's it's nothing but the old adage of divide and rule.

:interehjrling:

Divide et Impera

Newco fans will not like the Latin connection one bit. :getout:

Hagar the Horrible

“Any organisation that has behaved properly would welcome an independent and transparent review. Any organisation that has behaved properly would not need one Dave?  Pot/Kettle, perhaps that review should or IS looking into the provenance of a leaked side letter?

In Season 2010/2011 the biggest story was how Celtic had brought the whole game into disrepute over causing a refereeing strike, turns out the events behind the chronology of the wee tax case is the real smoking gun and a far bigger story.   Lies and deceit indeed, and its all about to flo out?

Cruyff Turn

I'm guessing that Sevco won't be getting a license to play in Europe next season, the SFA are no longer will to bend the rules for them and lie to UEFA and that's why Dave King is deflecting like a mad man?

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Another day another statement, this time from the SPFL

DeiVIlJX0AEp7vR.jpg:large

Our Ann needs to step her statement game up here!

Maybe King will make a statement about one of his consortium colleagues, a large percentage shareholder and recently resigned director of Rangers, and their shareholding in another SPFL club. 

:ninja:

Jamboelite
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So he should be brought to task for unfounded allegations then??

Speaking out against the SPFL is punishable is it not ?

Edited by Jamboelite

34 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I'm guessing that Sevco won't be getting a license to play in Europe next season, the SFA are no longer will to bend the rules for them and lie to UEFA and that's why Dave King is deflecting like a mad man?

That was my thoughts too.

Must be some reason behind this.

buzzbomb1958
7 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Oh dear Pena's agent is trying to negotiate to terminate his contract and there is still 3mill left to pay, Sevco can't pay him off as he has admitted he has a problem.The agent recons it will at least take 2 mill for him to walk .Oh dear Sevco what a shame

jambovambo
57 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

“The SPFL have released a statement dismissing Dave King's allegations against their Chairman Murdoch MacLennan - claiming he has 'behaved impeccably in this matter'.

They say King has failed to provide any evidence to back up his claims.”

Superscoreboard on Twitter

I don't like the rangers and I would love for them to fold completely...

But surly they have a point....

The evidence is in the public domain. Two Celtic shareholders (O’Brien and Desmond) own 45% of INM, of which MacLennan is chairman. 
His position is literally dependent on their continued support.

If this was the other way round, do we think Celtic and their support would be quiet?

Edited by jumpship

buzzbomb1958
8 minutes ago, jumpship said:

The evidence is in the public domain. Two Celtic shareholders (O’Brien and Desmond) own 45% of INM, of which MacLennan is chairman. 

If this was the other way round, do we think Celtic and their support would be quiet?

I hate them both but I don't think sellick have as much to deflect from as Sevco

8 minutes ago, jumpship said:

But this is precisely the point. It IS in the public domain and it WAS in the public domain when he was appointed. He didn't try to hide it. Why didn't King go off on one back then? The accusation is an attempt at shit stirring ahead of something big that the orcs won't like one bit IMO. Get the persecution card in early!

14 minutes ago, jumpship said:

He is not the chairman. He is the non executive chairman, which if you understand what that is only emphasises how utterly tenuous these allegations are. 

23 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Where do you get the shareholder figures from? 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic