The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

alwaysthereinspirit
42 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I don't like the rangers and I would love for them to fold completely...

But surly they have a point....

The evidence is in the public domain. Two Celtic shareholders (O’Brien and Desmond) own 45% of INM, of which MacLennan is chairman. 
His position is literally dependent on their continued support.

If this was the other way round, do we think Celtic and their support would be quiet?

There is absolutely no point to Newco. We all know that. GTTF.

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Maybe King will make a statement about one of his consortium colleagues, a large percentage shareholder and recently resigned director of Rangers, and their shareholding in another SPFL club. 

:ninja:

Would that be a SPFL club that transferred a player to Rangers for no up front fee?

49 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Where do you get the shareholder figures from? 

i googled it yesterday and desmond has 15% and obrien 30%

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i googled it yesterday and desmond has 15% and obrien 30%

Cheers, I can't find anything confirming Desmonds shareholding in IN&M plc. Or O'Briens in Celtic.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Another day another statement, this time from the SPFL

DeiVIlJX0AEp7vR.jpg:large

I'm confused now. 3rd para refers to "Rangers FC" - who are they ? The The Rangers or the holding company ? Why is the SPFL  in public correspondence with a guy who is not fit for purpose and  so holds no position at The Rangers FC (or whatever the footbll club is called) . King is chairman of the holding company. Why is the SPFL getting involved with a body that is not a member club ?  The SPFL really is kissing King's ass. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

“Any organisation that has behaved properly would welcome an independent and transparent review."

I feel like that's a statement that King will need reminded of at some point

King is, as far as I am aware, dealing with matters from outwith UK.  His money is outside U.K. control so TOP or any other organisation who he is avoiding or slating cannot get at him or the money.

He is deliberately winding up SPFL and Celtic.  What is the plan?  Get made an undesirable person and banned from holding office.  Can then say, sorry teddybears can't give you help or money now. Saves him and his money.

I do believe he is right to question this guy's position in SPFL.  Celtic would be shouting the odds if it was other way round.

What a mess!!

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, jambosdad said:

King is, as far as I am aware, dealing with matters from outwith UK.  His money is outside U.K. control so TOP or any other organisation who he is avoiding or slating cannot get at him or the money.

He is deliberately winding up SPFL and Celtic.  What is the plan?  Get made an undesirable person and banned from holding office.  Can then say, sorry teddybears can't give you help or money now. Saves him and his money.

I do believe he is right to question this guy's position in SPFL.  Celtic would be shouting the odds if it was other way round.

What a mess!!

Not sure being a non executive (i.e part time) Chairman of a company is really that relevant. Even if the two Celtic shareholders hold close to 50% of the shares. The optics aren't great and the second SPFL statement was both clumsy and frankly unnecessary but we could find literally 10s to 100s of examples involving Rangers in the last 25 years (e.g. rangers supporter and shareholder who was also chairman of Airdrie apparently being the decision maker with regards to Newco claiming Oldco titles etc etc)

It's a distraction from something that is about to happen relating to King and/or Rangers. Takeover Panel, repayable loans who knows what but we'll find out very soon.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On 30/05/2018 at 16:38, buzzbomb1958 said:

Just heard from a very good source Ibroke has been visited by sheriff officers today ,don't know the full story but here's hoping!

Twitter is not "a very good source". 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I feel like that's a statement that King will need reminded of at some point

Yeah, probably many points. Starting now

2 hours ago, jambosdad said:

What a mess!!

The most important & simple issue facing King right now is he is in contempt of court.  Hopefully it's  just a question of time before a warrant is issued for his arrest. Following that he will have to address the TOP ruling : this isn't going to go away. This isn't S Africa and King can't buy his way out of this. King can't be allowed to give two fingers to the City of London and get away with it  : the implications for them could be catastrophic. This is uncharted territory even by King's very low standards and he doesn't know what punishment he might face but he will know it will severely impinge of the everyday business of Rangers and by implication, himself (to the extent he trades - or not- in the UK).  Ultimately, he has a lot of cash invested in Rangers and he stands to lose a lot. The issue of the concert party still hasn't gone away and those involved in that with   King might still face sanctions. 

Rangers have no money, cannot borrow money except from companies like Close Bros, cannot reduce debt by share issue . It continues , and by intention, to trade at a loss as a matter of publicly stated policy. It can't continue. 

buzzbomb1958
20 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The most important & simple issue facing King right now is he is in contempt of court.  Hopefully it's  just a question of time before a warrant is issued for his arrest. Following that he will have to address the TOP ruling : this isn't going to go away. This isn't S Africa and King can't buy his way out of this. King can't be allowed to give two fingers to the City of London and get away with it  : the implications for them could be catastrophic. This is uncharted territory even by King's very low standards and he doesn't know what punishment he might face but he will know it will severely impinge of the everyday business of Rangers and by implication, himself (to the extent he trades - or not- in the UK).  Ultimately, he has a lot of cash invested in Rangers and he stands to lose a lot. The issue of the concert party still hasn't gone away and those involved in that with   King might still face sanctions. 

Rangers have no money, cannot borrow money except from companies like Close Bros, cannot reduce debt by share issue . It continues , and by intention, to trade at a loss as a matter of publicly stated policy. It can't continue. 

They will be aided and abetted by the SFA who will let them carry on regardless,the way things stand they should not get the nod for Europe but they will and as for the TOP the lying king willdodge the issue as long as he can,any other club would have been facing sanctions by now but they are practically trading while insolvent the whole debacle is a joke

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

brunoatemyhamster

Is it my imagination or is Gerrard not actually taking over tommorow. What are the " Work activities "away from the club? Pissing off to Russia?

7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They will be aided and abetted by the SFA who will let them carry on regardless,the way things stand they should not get the nod for Europe but they will and as for the TOP the lying king willdodge the issue as long as he can,any other club would have been facing sanctions by now but they are practically trading while insolvent the whole debacle is a joke

What can the SFA do ?  What "sanctions" are you talking about ? UEFA will grant (or not ) the licence - it's not in the gift of the SFA.  Of course King will dodge the TOP issue as long as he can but he knows that the TOP and the contempt of court issue are very separate but both bring sanctions and he will face them. 

The Gasman
On 09/05/2018 at 13:52, Footballfirst said:

In the full text of the Q&A he was asked about the timescales. He answered "It will happen I would say definitely by the end of June", which coincidentally is one of UEFA's licence monitoring points. 

We are now into June, and King has been rather quiet on the raising of the £6million he had promised.

Still nothing about complying with the Take Over Pannel (TOP) ruling, and he will need to have that done and dusted before he can even start with his rights issue to raise the new capital.

Just speculation, but I wonder if the granting of Rangers European Licence for the coming season was conditional, that the £6m was needed to meet these conditions, and if King / Rangers are now running out of time to comply..?

Pretty sure Vlad was fined for issuing statements casting aspersions on the authorities. Still waiting for any meaningful response to his latest outbursts. 

BobbyJenkins
1 hour ago, jamboz said:

Pretty sure Vlad was fined for issuing statements casting aspersions on the authorities. Still waiting for any meaningful response to his latest outbursts. 

Yup. 

JamboAl1965
3 hours ago, The Gasman said:

We are now into June, and King has been rather quiet on the raising of the £6million he had promised.

Still nothing about complying with the Take Over Pannel (TOP) ruling, and he will need to have that done and dusted before he can even start with his rights issue to raise the new capital.

Just speculation, but I wonder if the granting of Rangers European Licence for the coming season was conditional, that the £6m was needed to meet these conditions, and if King / Rangers are now running out of time to comply..?

Think you are right. It would have been a key part of their financial forecast to demonstrate FFP Compliance 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Is it my imagination or is Gerrard not actually taking over tommorow. What are the " Work activities "away from the club? Pissing off to Russia?

He's got to make sure he actually gets paid for something this summer. 

11 hours ago, jambosdad said:

What a mess!!

There should be a 10 year moratorium on anyone with any connection to either of these clubs holding any office within either of the governing bodies. Maybe if that actually happened the game here might just gain some self respect. While all this sort of nonsense goes on its little more than a joke and the questions about fairness and corruption will rumble on.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, jamboz said:

Being almost fair to the SPFL the fact they rebutted his latest rant shows they might be finally growing a pair. Okay they are only tiny little testis at the moment but they may grow although I wouldn't hold you breath while waiting for this to happen.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Being almost fair to the SPFL the fact they rebutted his latest rant shows they might be finally growing a pair. Okay they are only tiny little testis at the moment but they may grow although I wouldn't hold you breath while waiting for this to happen.

Think SPFL are just waiting & hoping that it all goes tits up again, so that filthy mob can only blame themselves. Cause so far it’s been everyone else’s fault. Right?

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, sac said:

Think SPFL are just waiting & hoping that it all goes tits up again, so that filthy mob can only blame themselves. Cause so far it’s been everyone else’s fault. Right?

Of course it is. My feelings of guilt regarding their first demise are overwhelming! :pleased:

The Mighty Thor
19 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:laugh:

Where was Dave King when the President of the SFA, Campbell Ogilvie, was getting paid backhanders by Rangers (RIP)? 

Oh and this, plucked from BearsDen http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/316152-institutionalised-prejudice-against-rangers-–-are-we-there-yet/

Such a thick delusional bunch.:rofl: 

What a great read. 

Their world is a changing and they can't deal with it at all. Beautiful.

They'll get more paranoid and bitter and vocal as they slowly bleed out, which should ensure much comedy over the coming years. 

**** them.

Yesterday was the deadline for nominations for UEFA places, do we expect to see a Scottish side missing from that list? It’s my understanding that both FFP and UEFA licensing regulations (including financial stability measures) need to be adhered to and reported accurately by the clubs. There is no allowance for future financial restructuring or share issues to fix liquidity/FFP problems now we’re into June. Surely a certain Glasgow-based club (that has openly stated they are intentionally running at a huge annual loss) can’t be trusted to report their own position accurately. Interestingly, UEFA now does their own verification of candidates for licensing. Let’s hope UEFA can get a clear picture so the granting of a license is fair... as if.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Where was Dave King when the President of the SFA, Campbell Ogilvie, was getting paid backhanders by Rangers (RIP)? 

Oh and this, plucked from BearsDen http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/316152-institutionalised-prejudice-against-rangers-–-are-we-there-yet/

One of the replies

If you don't agree you must be a 

SNP voting pant sniffing wee poof. 

Inclusive bunch that lot. 

I don't use hate allot, but rangers come close to a club, culture, institution that I do. 

Every rangers fan I know has a far nastier side than any other fans I know, that includes the celtic fans I know that can also be utter Bell ends. 

They are rabid at the moment. 

jambovambo
40 minutes ago, ghkjambo said:

Yesterday was the deadline for nominations for UEFA places, do we expect to see a Scottish side missing from that list? It’s my understanding that both FFP and UEFA licensing regulations (including financial stability measures) need to be adhered to and reported accurately by the clubs. There is no allowance for future financial restructuring or share issues to fix liquidity/FFP problems now we’re into June. Surely a certain Glasgow-based club (that has openly stated they are intentionally running at a huge annual loss) can’t be trusted to report their own position accurately. Interestingly, UEFA now does their own verification of candidates for licensing. Let’s hope UEFA can get a clear picture so the granting of a license is fair... as if.

I have to say Dave King's latest scattergun ramblings are a bit extreme even for Jabba, and there has to be a reason ...

I think it's possible this is because they're worried they'll not get a Euro licence (Stevie G will be furious), and if so, they need someone to blame.

Hagar the Horrible
14 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

I have to say Dave King's latest scattergun ramblings are a bit extreme even for Jabba, and there has to be a reason ...

I think it's possible this is because they're worried they'll not get a Euro licence (Stevie G will be furious), and if so, they need someone to blame.

Actually there is two reasons,  The blantant disregard of the City laws, as to which every delaying mechanism has now been exhausted,  breaking every City law, surely even the SFA cant cover up from EUFA where their FFP rules are concerned, plus if they were to be granted a licence, then if they win one game, that will incur the wrath of that member association/league as to why they were allowed in the tournament.  Second reason is the charges they now face regarding being granted a licence in the 2011/12 season, where new evidence has come to light in the form of a side letter on the wee tax case.  I remember in the thread before this one arguing that you dont have to pay tax if in dispute, but the full amount will be paid with immediate effect once the dispute has been settled.  Well it looks like that time line based on leaked emails and contracts shed more light on that indeed they might not have been in tax dispute but in fact admitted full liability, but chose not to pay their liabilities, a clear breach of UEFA rules. 

Rangers Champions league participation at that time appears to have been used to raise funds to pay the tax bill, where the rules state that the bill should be paid before entry.  as you can understand UEFA are a tad upset more so with the SFA, who are now claiming they were lied to.  The thing is other leaked documentation could also prove that certain members of the SFA might have known more about the facts surrounding the failed criteria Rangers had for accetping a licence.  If Rangers had been denied, then the house of cards would have crumbled then and there, but they were relying on a good tournament to fund their insolvency?  Now the SFA might have been innocent parties and been fully lied to?  but they might have exposed these lies earlier, or as it was put, they wont lie IF the press ask the right questions.  So then Rangers might have used this to grab them by the short and curlies?  So now are the SFA trying to cover up the cover up?  Thats where the leaded side letter comes, in?  Rangers admitted full tax liability of Moore and De Boer,  but there was a third party which they denied a side letter? Trouble is that person has now been hit with that tax liability from hector, so hence the side letter has been leaked?  now it's provenance is under distupte and could easily be a fake as could this whole story?  But if the letter is kosher then it proves that Rangers did have a side letter which they denied, and that they also admitted full liability for the wee tax case, in which they should have paid the wee tax bill before entry to UEFA.  But then what do I know, I fully acept I am a misinformed internet bampot as Jabba would put it.

In essence is down to Kilmarnock to complain, they could have qualified for Europe then, and guess what could be denied a legitimate place this year too

But if there is a side letter then it proves that they lied to the SFA/SPL/SPFL/UEFA and LNS....claims have now been made as to the SFA either for negligence for not asking Hector what was the status of the wee tax case at that time, or they already knew the answer and that well you know the rest? 

better put here  http://10ste93kec2i6oi6nlhmxd19.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TOGRangersReport.pdf

Spellczech
52 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Probably, but this could still go two ways. The SFA may bend the rules again to help them, so that King doesn't get to use what appears to be a set-up, or they apply the rules to put him back in his box...Either way it is clear that King is trying to assert himself over the footballing ruling bodies.

Spellczech
7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Actually there is two reasons,  The blantant disregard of the City laws, as to which every delaying mechanism has now been exhausted,  breaking every City law, surely even the SFA cant cover up from EUFA where their FFP rules are concerned, plus if they were to be granted a licence, then if they win one game, that will incur the wrath of that member association/league as to why they were allowed in the tournament.  Second reason is the charges they now face regarding being granted a licence in the 2011/12 season, where new evidence has come to light in the form of a side letter on the wee tax case.  I remember in the thread before this one arguing that you dont have to pay tax if in dispute, but the full amount will be paid with immediate effect once the dispute has been settled.  Well it looks like that time line based on leaked emails and contracts shed more light on that indeed they might not have been in tax dispute but in fact admitted full liability, but chose not to pay their liabilities, a clear breach of UEFA rules. 

Rangers Champions league participation at that time appears to have been used to raise funds to pay the tax bill, where the rules state that the bill should be paid before entry.  as you can understand UEFA are a tad upset more so with the SFA, who are now claiming they were lied to.  The thing is other leaked documentation could also prove that certain members of the SFA might have known more about the facts surrounding the failed criteria Rangers had for accetping a licence.  If Rangers had been denied, then the house of cards would have crumbled then and there, but they were relying on a good tournament to fund their insolvency?  Now the SFA might have been innocent parties and been fully lied to?  but they might have exposed these lies earlier, or as it was put, they wont lie IF the press ask the right questions.  So then Rangers might have used this to grab them by the short and curlies?  So now are the SFA trying to cover up the cover up?  Thats where the leaded side letter comes, in?  Rangers admitted full tax liability of Moore and De Boer,  but there was a third party which they denied a side letter? Trouble is that person has now been hit with that tax liability from hector, so hence the side letter has been leaked?  now it's provenance is under distupte and could easily be a fake as could this whole story?  But if the letter is kosher then it proves that Rangers did have a side letter which they denied, and that they also admitted full liability for the wee tax case, in which they should have paid the wee tax bill before entry to UEFA.  But then what do I know, I fully acept I am a misinformed internet bampot as Jabba would put it.

In essence is down to Kilmarnock to complain, they could have qualified for Europe then, and guess what could be denied a legitimate place this year too

But if there is a side letter then it proves that they lied to the SFA/SPL/SPFL/UEFA and LNS....claims have now been made as to the SFA either for negligence for not asking Hector what was the status of the wee tax case at that time, or they already knew the answer and that well you know the rest? 

better put here  http://10ste93kec2i6oi6nlhmxd19.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TOGRangersReport.pdf

Killie's board don't rock the boat where the OF are concerned. Like the denial of entry to the top 2 leagues, it will rely on Killie's fans to impress upon the board that they should act in their interests...

On 22/02/2018 at 19:24, WageThief said:

big

This whole episode highlights the self entitlement of both the oldish form clubs. They have no interest in what goes on in scottish football outside of the two knuckle dragging clubs. Only in a duopoly could this issue attract such headlines. Only in a two horse race can scottish football mean anything in their eyes and only a governing body who thinks likewise would allow this farce to continue. Any other club would be hammered for inflammatory statements (reference mad Vlad’s fines and rule changing to do so). Proof positive that football in this country is run by idiots for two idiotic institutions ????

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Killie's board don't rock the boat where the OF are concerned. Like the denial of entry to the top 2 leagues, it will rely on Killie's fans to impress upon the board that they should act in their interests...

The board circa 2012 (when Rangers died) didn't rock the boat but there are new officials there... things may change.

http://10ste93kec2i6oi6nlhmxd19.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TOGRangersReport.pdf

That is seriously damning evidence if totally accurate and should surely lead to Rangers NOT being allowed to play in Europe next season.

They could evade action possibly if they claim they are a different club but bang goes their previous history etc.

Rabbie_Burns
16 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

The board circa 2012 (when Rangers died) didn't rock the boat but there are new officials there... things may change.

Correct, they are a much more fan orientated run club with Billy Bowie etc in charge. Completely different set up compared to Michael Johnston and his cronies previously 

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

As a Hearts fan I'd be bull$#!t if the club owners didn't do all in their power to have us in Europe based on the UEFA laws.

If Newco don't meet the requirements then they shouldn't be allowed to represent. Sounds like the ball is now with Kilmarnock.

14 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

As a Hearts fan I'd be bull$#!t if the club owners didn't do all in their power to have us in Europe based on the UEFA laws.

If Newco don't meet the requirements then they shouldn't be allowed to represent. Sounds like the ball is now with Kilmarnock.

Can't see this happening.  Killie will be frightened of any boycott from the Wee Arra Peepul.  Europe would just (probably) be a short stay and depending on the draw may even cost them money.

lost in space
39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

http://10ste93kec2i6oi6nlhmxd19.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TOGRangersReport.pdf

That is seriously damning evidence if totally accurate and should surely lead to Rangers NOT being allowed to play in Europe next season.

They could evade action possibly if they claim they are a different club but bang goes their previous history etc.

I think they claim that they are the same club but owned by a different company.  Therefore - the old debts are owed by the old company, which was liquidated but the club - still own the previous trophies because the club never died - only the company!!!!!.

They actually believe this.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can't see this happening.  Killie will be frightened of any boycott from the Wee Arra Peepul.  Europe would just (probably) be a short stay and depending on the draw may even cost them money.

The whole point of the season is to get as far up the league as is possible. Kilmarnock should get whats deserved them. If another teams fan boycott breaks you then you should just close the doors. Maybe its different for us because we pay monthly and see ourselves as not just fans now. Also our season ticket holder numbers mean we're pretty much self reliant.

2 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Stevie boy starts work today but won't be near the place for a fortnight. Wonder if he is waiting to see how this Euro license goes? Its never straight forward with that lot so you never know. All those season tickets sold and Stevie goes back home. It would be brilliant.  It goes wrong this time and the orcs are rioting.  

55 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Celtic bid £1.5m for Jordan Jones to cover the costs it would. 

kirkierobroy

Had a look on Killie KickBack. Not even a discussion on the possibility of questioning the new club's Euro place, so I think we can assume there's not much expectation there.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

That power through fear culture that Rangers create, shouldn't be part of football. Unless clubs like Kilmarnock stand up to this, they'll keep abusing it. They bully the media, the governing bodies and other clubs.   Sickening. 

Edited by Elmore

Overall the SPFL director complaint and the suspensions / fines for Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller give clear evidence of the culture and governing of Rangers. 

Gross stupdity. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

if they were to be granted a licence, then if they win one game, that will incur the wrath of that member association/league as to why they were allowed in the tournament. 

That's what the Despicable Me woud like to happen. Keeps Kilmarnock out of Europe while booting out sevco and embarrassing the SFA and SPFL to boot! 

th-1.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

On 5/31/2018 at 07:54, Cruyff Turn said:

The Rangers support is traditionally made up of proud, hard-working, decent people who conduct themselves with integrity

So...many...things...can't...say...

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Had a look on Killie KickBack. Not even a discussion on the possibility of questioning the new club's Euro place, so I think we can assume there's not much expectation there.

Wouldnt do much but maybe an undercover agent needs to start a thread to highlight this on the killie kickback 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic