The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Thanks for that, DF, and I am still waiting for someone to suggest a source of information much better than PMGB (I'm not saying none exist). For anyone to be so certain that he talks utter nonsense, they, themselves, must have a source that is far better than him. 

Oh, and one more thing; Rangers cheated us, why would anyone be upset by anything anyone said against them? Why would any Hearts supporter not want Rangers, or any club that claims to be them, to suffer until they've paid, in full, for that cheating? If the Ibrox stands need expensive repairs, then good, that's a lot less money they've got to offer the Jamie Walkers of this world, or even to pretend they have available, just to disrupt a player, or his club!

And, in case there's any doubt in anyone's mind, if it had been Celtic that had cheated us with the use of EBTs, if they had obtained a Euro license fraudulently, been liquidated and started up again claiming to be the same club, in short, done all the harm to our game that Rangers did, then they, too, would be the object of my ire, and I am certain that that would be unanimously repeated throughout JKB and every other place that football is discussed! Maybe, though, we'd see a number over on Eejits.net lending similar support to them as we see here giving succour to Rangers.

This, every word.

(Except it's "licence" ... :wink:)

Edited by jambovambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

I read the guy's blogs because he has been proven right in the past (not always, of course), and actually I desperately want what he says is happening / will happen to be true.

As did vermin fans paying a tenner to Sir Gay.

The problem was that we all knew he was talking pish.

Or, it could be another point in the dismal existance of The Rangers. Is it possible that there becomes a critical mass where they can no longer function?

A simple truth that many seem to overlook. :thumb:

Rangers continue to trade at a loss, continue to need loans to meet running costs, and appear to be in dire need of multimillion pound repairs to keep Ibrox open - something has to give, that's not a sustainable business model, as we of all clubs fans, should be only too well aware.

As did vermin fans paying a tenner to Sir Gay.

The problem was that we all knew he was talking pish.

Bonus is no tenner required.

I think there is an assumption (deliberate?) by the Rangers apologists, here and in the wider mainstream and social media, that anyone not critical of PMGB and other Celtic bloggers, is somehow enthralled by their writings. I am certainly not enthralled by anyone's writings, on any subject, not just football related, and view PMGB's blogs with a good helping of scepticism, while bearing in mind, that, accurate or not, without his input, and that of a number of other Celtic minded writers, there would be no voice, whatsoever, to counter the unquestioning and complicit minds of our mainstream media who will publish anything the Ibrox PR machine, Level5, tells them to. 

There is one thing that's extremely obvious about the PMGB claims, perhaps more obvious than with the claims of other critics of both Ibrox clubs, and that is that he has rattled the current club's board on more than one occasion, but other than to denigrate him - in a way similar to his critics on here, they have consistently failed to counter the things he's said with evidenced ripostes. We don't know how well informed he is on things like, say, the repairs required to the stand roofs, but that, for me, is filed in the 'maybe' folder, but, in the meantime, TRFC have all but admitted that at least one stairwell has serious water ingress that they can't afford to repair, and the Rangers tweeter/poster who seems to have broken the story, has also posted that a figure of ?7m is required to cover more stadium repairs.

So, it's a 'maybe' for PMGB on the roofs, but it's another 'maybe', closing in on a definite, from a source not 'tainted' by Irishness, again not countered by TRFC, despite the fact that it has been covered by the SMSM, so it's reasonable to assume that there are major structural repairs required at Ibrox, and that the club can't afford to carry them out. These structural problems may, or may not, be health and safety issues, though wet stairways certainly are, but we know that any repairs not tackled timeously only get worse and more costly to repair, so the potential bill is rising.

Still, the question remains, if we do not use PMGB as a source of information, or, as, what he should be looked on here, a source for a discussion point, who should we use? Or should we, as everyone involved with the Ibrox clubs and the game's governance, not to mention the SMSM, would like us to do, just stop talking about it and 'move on'?

Again, I ask, if we don't use 'sources' such as PMGB, who should we use? And who, or what, is the source that the likes of CJGJ uses that convinces him that everything 'the Irish Blogger' says is false? He should let us know, for instantly all TRFC's problems will be over, and Rangers can rest in peace having cheated no one!

Agreed.

I don't understand why people get so argumentative about this , adding nothing to the debate and just clogging the thread with little of value. 

PMcG and johnjames have been proved correct on the state of the stands - King himself admitted work is required - but we seem to be in the midst of people who clearly have an agenda against PMcG in particular and a blank refusal to concede that he has been on the money on this point. Sevco are so rattled by him (would they care if he was so wrong so often ?) that he has been officially referred to on company business (The Irish Blogger ?).  PMcG and JJ both have their sources and they have been proven to be correct (OK , not every time, but this is the internet , right?) but for some reason posters on here are so upset by these guys they just bait fellow Jambos who show an interest. I don't get it. 

buzzbomb1958

I for one will not move on in my mind they will always be dirty cheating barstewards all thes titles and cups won should be asterisks,also because their crooked friends are trying to tell everyone to move on we should always never let them forget

Edited by buzzbomb1958

doctor jambo

dave King wants out.

He is trying to get out

He is more interested in Liverpool FC, where he spends quite a lot of time at Anfield watching the games ( not that you would ever see it mentioned!)

The dressing room is split with the Scottish contingent isolated and ignored.

Its why Barry Mackay left (not sure if spelling is right or not)

He DID have a ?6million offer for him and DK knocked it back as he wanted ?8million (true story!)

Then flogged him for buttons after the dressing room fall out (the boy will sell for ?6 million + in a year or two the way he is going in the championship)

King is making a total mess

Its great

dave King wants out.

He is trying to get out

He is more interested in Liverpool FC, where he spends quite a lot of time at Anfield watching the games ( not that you would ever see it mentioned!)

He DID have a ?6million offer for him and DK knocked it back as he wanted ?8million (true story!)

Then flogged him for buttons after the dressing room fall out (the boy will sell for ?6 million + in a year or two the way he is going in the championship)

Its great

Are you three names in disguise?  :tiny: 

What I am seeing is one or two posters that got on their high horse clamming that posters were seeing only what they wanted to see, then, stubbornly painted themselves into a corner.

This should not be surprising to all on here but it is getting tedious. 

I came to this assumption after reading a thread on a place that has only two names so not sure if more reliable or not than a place that has three names.

dave King wants out.

He is trying to get out

Its great

No that I'm that fussed but can you back that up more like with  some evidence

I'm sure there must be some floating about

No having a pop but aint seen anything along these lines

i wish jj was my dad

I'm comparing and contrasting to things like the Bryson defence. If a rumour about a leaky stand is now the currency then it would suggest the thread has seen better days.

When did you start saying that?

It seems like I've been hearing it since the new club joined the bottom tier.  There has been plenty of interest since then. 

IveSeenTheLight

No that I'm that fussed but can you back that up more like with  some evidence

I'm sure there must be some floating about

No having a pop but aint seen anything along these lines

Maybe its simply because when he's at Ibrokes, he can be seen lookin in the direction of Anfield ;)

nintchdbpict0002847452505-e1490303929537

Ok, I'll get my coat

Geoff Kilpatrick

When did you start saying that?

It seems like I've been hearing it since the new club joined the bottom tier. There has been plenty of interest since then.

A few hours ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Hagar the Horrible

This might not be the end of the saga, even though theSFA think it is?  But some members of the SFA need to be taken down over this, their arrogance is unacceptable

We're in a position where the football authorities aren't governing on our behalf - the natives are getting restless, give them a firm No.

Well it's our bloody game not theirs, maybe we need to stay thinking about a new football association that actually represents the interests and wishes of the many

Diadora Van Basten

This might not be the end of the saga, even though theSFA think it is? But some members of the SFA need to be taken down over this, their arrogance is unacceptable

Stewart Regan needs to go:

Included no title stripping in five way agreement.

Tried to put newco into SPL and then Championship

Claimed that new club was up to fans to decide.

Withheld evidence regarding wee tax case from the Lord Nimmo Smith enquiry

Treats Scottish football fans with contempt

PeterintheRain

Lovely.  Now that the slimebag Lawell has admitted that the GFA(GTF) are corrupt we can finally have some movement towards stripping celtic of their illegally gained titles from 1986, 1988, 1998 and 2006.

Lovely. Now that the slimebag Lawell has admitted that the GFA(GTF) are corrupt we can finally have some movement towards stripping celtic of their illegally gained titles from 1986, 1988, 1998 and 2006.

How were these titles illegally gained..?

Well played to Peter Lawell the letters show what a slimy toad Regan is.

Aye, he's a lovely bloke who only wants what's best for Scottish football. When he's not whoring Celtic to England that is.

Aye, he's a lovely bloke who only wants what's best for Scottish football. When he's not whoring Celtic to England that is.

The poster was complimenting Lawell on a specific action (or series of actions). And on this one, they are correct. Whatever the underlying motivations, the request for an independent review of Scottish football governance regarding the Rangers debacle needs to be pursued, and Lawell is the only major person connected to a top-level football club in this country to have made public efforts in favour of such a review.

Lawwell's a selfish, arrogant twat who couldn't give a rats arse about Scottish football. He would leave us in a heartbeat, so he can go and take a flying [Mod Edit] to himself. If this was a Motherwell or a Partick Thistle chairman demanding action I might give it my support but not that arse who has carved up the lions share of the pie with his "hated rivals" when it suited him.

Lawwell's a selfish, arrogant twat who couldn't give a rats arse about Scottish football. He would leave us in a heartbeat, so he can go and take a flying phuck to himself. If this was a Motherwell or a Partick Thistle chairman demanding action I might give it my support but not that arse who has carved up the lions share of the pie with his "hated rivals" when it suited him.

You can support a person's action, particularly if it is needed, without supporting that person.

You can support a person's action, particularly if it is needed, without supporting that person.

I'll support anybody who has the interests of Scottish football at heart. Lawwell doesn't and for that reason he can get [Mod Edit]ed.

Lawwell is 100% right to call for a Judicial Review. After that incredulous SFA statement it's clear that the decision making process needs investigated. My very negative personal views on Lawwell does not alter this.

Thanks for that, DF, and I am still waiting for someone to suggest a source of information much better than PMGB (I'm not saying none exist). For anyone to be so certain that he talks utter nonsense, they, themselves, must have a source that is far better than him. 

Oh, and one more thing; Rangers cheated us, why would anyone be upset by anything anyone said against them? Why would any Hearts supporter not want Rangers, or any club that claims to be them, to suffer until they've paid, in full, for that cheating? If the Ibrox stands need expensive repairs, then good, that's a lot less money they've got to offer the Jamie Walkers of this world, or even to pretend they have available, just to disrupt a player, or his club!

And, in case there's any doubt in anyone's mind, if it had been Celtic that had cheated us with the use of EBTs, if they had obtained a Euro license fraudulently, been liquidated and started up again claiming to be the same club, in short, done all the harm to our game that Rangers did, then they, too, would be the object of my ire, and I am certain that that would be unanimously repeated throughout JKB and every other place that football is discussed! Maybe, though, we'd see a number over on Eejits.net lending similar support to them as we see here giving succour to Rangers.

Absolutely spot on.

MacDonald Jardine

Lawwell is 100% right to call for a Judicial Review. After that incredulous SFA statement it's clear that the decision making process needs investigated. My very negative personal views on Lawwell does not alter this.

I've read the correspondence between Lawell and Regan.

I'm still at a loss to see the benefit of a judicial review.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Do you mean, to Rangers?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

[emoji1]

I mean to anyone.

So explain.

Why, when so much cheating was done to us all, would a judicial review not benefit us all, except the club that cheated?

To show a willingness to be clear and transparent regarding that time period and everything that has been implemented since.

Right now there is a perception that everything is being swept under the carpet even if it isnt, so in order to move on lets be frank and clear about the shambles before and give the detail.

I respect your view on this and I have personally never held strong views on this for and against. However a governing body must be seen to be fair and transparent. The statement was an incredible thing for a governing body to come out with.

BertieBollocks

I'll support anybody who has the interests of Scottish football at heart. Lawwell doesn't and for that reason he can get phucked.

your letting your hatred of all things timmy chloud you judgment dead rangers would have been away just as fast if another league would have them , what celtic are trying to do is level the playing field whilst they are playing in a league they dont want to play in , surely that helps all clubs , watched too many hearts game against the dead club 99% sure i was watching a rigged game , andy davis for one , the whole shitty mess needs cleared out , 

your letting your hatred of all things timmy chloud you judgment dead rangers would have been away just as fast if another league would have them , what celtic are trying to do is level the playing field whilst they are playing in a league they dont want to play in , surely that helps all clubs , watched too many hearts game against the dead club 99% sure i was watching a rigged game , andy davis for one , the whole shitty mess needs cleared out ,

Stopped reading after that. Sorry.

BertieBollocks

Stopped reading after that. Sorry.

i can see what your saying but if a judicial review brings about transparency to the game for all to see then does it matter who brings about that transparency . 

i can see what your saying but if a judicial review brings about transparency to the game for all to see then does it matter who brings about that transparency . 

To the fans - probably not. To Regan - he couldn't survive, and he wouldn't be alone. If the SPFL representing the clubs can't get the SFA to have an inquiry to bring closure  then the SPFL should call a no confidence motion in Regan and get him ousted. Right now Regan is denying the will of the clubs.  

To the fans - probably not. To Regan - he couldn't survive, and he wouldn't be alone. If the SPFL representing the clubs can't get the SFA to have an inquiry to bring closure  then the SPFL should call a no confidence motion in Regan and get him ousted. Right now Regan is denying the will of the clubs.  

Which of course begs the question: what does he have to hide?

Bridge of Djoum

I'll support anybody who has the interests of Scottish football at heart. Lawwell doesn't and for that reason he can get [Mod Edit]ed.

You have more Mod Edits than a Paul Welller rough draft.

If there is nothing to hide then a full judicial review should be welcomed by all including Sevco & the GFA, who incidentally are the only two groups who are opposed to this happening. Every club should be getting behind Lawell's search for the "truth"

Tom English getting it tight on twitter after this ...

.@BBCTomEnglish examines Celtic's renewed call for a review of Scottish football governance http://bbc.in/2fbcoeS

Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap opened in London's West End in 1952, played to tens of thousands of people up to Christie's death in 1976 and has played to tens of thousands of people ever since. It's the longest running theatre show in history, thriving after many of the people who have acted in it on the stage and who have watched it from the stalls have passed away.

The governance of Scottish football in the time of Rangers' implosion in 2012 is our own Mousetrap, a seemingly unending story, a commotion that can never have a conclusion to satisfy everyone. Christie's play takes all sorts of twists and turns but at least there's an understanding in the endgame. There's clarity when the curtain falls.

That's not going to happen here.

There are compelling reasons now to have an independent review of the way the game was governed back then, not just by Stewart Regan's Scottish FA but by Neil Doncaster's Scottish Premier League.

Strip away the ugly dogmatism, obsession and hysteria that is so commonplace on social media. Mystery remains about what went down. There's been conflicting testimony. There's been new claims, the veracity of which need to be tested.

Maybe there is nothing that should trouble us, but until you lift the bonnet and have a look then how does anybody know for sure?

The SFA have, of course, said no to the SPFL's request for a full independent review of their own governance in the Rangers saga. They say no good will come of raking over the coals. To those who want a review, 'raking over the coals' sounds terribly like 'brushing under the carpet'.

One side - the SFA - argue that fans will never be satisfied no matter the outcome of any review and that only harm will be done to the game if people don't move on.

The other side - championed by Celtic - say that this is not about satisfying people, it's about trying to mine fact from fiction and about learning lessons, if lessons are there to be learned.

There is a third side in all of this - a huge number of football fans around the country who see this purely as a political battle between Celtic and the SFA fuelled by a desire for the stripping of Rangers' titles in their EBT years. Those people switched off to this long ago. They don't see that it has anything to do with them. They couldn't care less.

An agenda for regime change?

The now published exchange of emails between Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic, and Stewart Regan, his counterpart at the SFA, shine a light on what's been going on. Through his words, Lawwell reads like a man who will continue to hold the SFA's feet to the fire until he gets an independent review of all that went down in that era.

In his correspondence with Regan, Lawwell repeatedly says this is not so much about what Rangers did, or didn't do, but what the football authorities did, or didn't do, at that time.

Regan (left) and Doncaster lead the SFA and SPFL - and were in charge during the period Celtic would like to see reviewed by an independent comission

There is no mention of title-stripping. His guns are firmly trained on the SFA. He says that this call for a review is for the good of the game, not for the good of Celtic. Given that Scottish football is a leading capital of suspicion and cynicism, people will have their own views of that.

Lawwell argues that unless the SFA agree to examine their governance then they will be accused of lacking "transparency, accountability and leadership." In that regard, he's talking directly about Regan and the decision-makers at Hampden.

Reading the material you get to wonder if regime change is his target here.

Celtic reject the view that this is little more than a Celtic versus Rangers issue that has precious little to do with anybody else. They argue that this thing is bigger than that. There is support among other clubs for that view, but how much support?

It's hard to tell. Celtic know that they have no legal recourse against the SFA's decision to turn down the invitation for an independent review, so the only avenue available to them is to try to galvanise the rest of Scottish football into piling the pressure on the SFA to do a U-turn.

They've got a mighty job on their hands.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne is one of the few to have publically voiced a view - saying he wants to look forward rather than examine the past

This is a Scottish football spectacle and, as such, the plot is complex. Lawwell says that the SPFL request for an independent review of football governance in 2012 is "on behalf of the 42 professional clubs in Scotland". But is it? Do the clubs really want it?

Yes, it is the view of the SPFL board, who represent the clubs, that there should be a review, but all 42 professional clubs have not been asked for their thoughts. Some of those that have been asked by the media have said they don't agree with the call for a review.

'Why not throw open the files?'

They feel that the game could eat itself if it carries on like this forever. That rather undermines the mandate of the SPFL board.

One of the biggest clubs in the country, Aberdeen, are firmly against revisiting old ground and examining new ground. Kilmarnock , too. There are many others who don't back a review but who are unprepared to go public with their reasons why.

Celtic don't have sufficient allies to take this much further.

There is another point to be made here. The SFA won't have a review, but if the SPFL are so insistent that one is required then why not instigate an examination of the way their forerunner, the SPL, did their business in that period? If transparency is what they are about then let them call in the examiners.

All sides agree on two points. The first area of common ground is that there needs to be closure. The second is that not everyone is going to get to that point.

By turning down the request for a review, the SFA inevitably invite suspicion about why, exactly, they don't want football governance in that era examined by a properly independent review panel. If nothing untoward went on, then why not throw open the files?

That's a question that will be asked for as long as this story rumbles, which brings us back to Mousetrap. The blessed Agatha wasn't the only one who knew a thing or two about eternal dramas.

English should be ashamed at that piece of crap. 

He is basically saying the SPFL do not speak for all clubs (well , that's what happens in a democracy Tom, not everyone is in favour every time). Maybe he could explain which clubs the SFA are speaking on behalf  of in refusing to hold the enquiry. If he wants to say the SPFL have no mandate because not all clubs are in support (that IS what he is saying) then is he saying the SFA and the SFL had the mandate from all clubs to do what they did way back when / Oh, hang on , which club was it that said the SFA are "corrupt". A member club accused the SFA of being corrupt, no action was ever taken against that club and the media don't ever mention it. There's one good reason right there for an enquiry. 

He fails to question who leaked the letter to the Times - this has been going on for 5 years Tom , why now ?

He says the SPFL can have their own enquiry - why should they - we need to get to the bottom of who does what in Scottish football. Who actually wields power - clearly NOT the SPFL here or we would be getting the review, it seems. 

He is unashamedly , regardless of how he spins it, making CFC out to be the bad boys who are stirring it up. Did he say he same about Raith way back then. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic