The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

There's nothing fans of all other clubs can do apart from make their voices heard at every televised game call sevco for what they are (dirty cheating barstewards)sing it so loud it can be heard,the same treatment should be dished out to the crooks Dungfester and Regan,I for one will never darken sevcos door again,every fan of every other club should do the same boycott fallingtobitsbrox and hamdump that is the only way you can fight back

turn the fitba off/cancel subscription on your tv, and black ball anybody/company that sponsor splaf/sfa

Members of the Tartan Army should resign in a mass protest to get as much publicity as possible - if you remain a member you are condoning the corruption

buzzbomb1958

It's over no one will put themselves out the cheats have committed fraud and got away with it ,cheats always win......In Scotland

Members of the Tartan Army should resign in a mass protest to get as much publicity as possible - if you remain a member you are condoning the corruption

If you believe that the SFA and not the SPL shoulders the responsibility. If you believe the SPL are the corrupt ones, then by your logic attending SPFL matches would be "condoning corruption"?

I understood there were at least 8 EPL clubs involved at the time and as you say Arsenal settled out of court. Don't if any others have settled or if all are still in the EPL.

Chelsea also settled. Any clubs still in the prem will be able to settle easily if they haven't already. Clubs that racked up big EBT bills but now play in lower tiers could be royally f*d. But i've no idea how widespread EBT use was; i wonder if more will come out.

Chelsea also settled. Any clubs still in the prem will be able to settle easily if they haven't already. Clubs that racked up big EBT bills but now play in lower tiers could be royally f*d. But i've no idea how widespread EBT use was; i wonder if more will come out.

Believe a handful did, but on a very small scale compared to Rangers industrial use of them...

Believe a handful did, but on a very small scale compared to Rangers industrial use of them...

How do you know?  There seems to be very little information with regards to other clubs outwith the Rangers case.

alwaysthereinspirit

What would you like them to say?

How about something along the same lines as is being used by decent money spending Hearts supporters on here.

If you believe that the SFA and not the SPL shoulders the responsibility. If you believe the SPL are the corrupt ones, then by your logic attending SPFL matches would be "condoning corruption"?

Fans can have a direct impact on their own clubs opinion as was shown in 2012. How can fans persuade the SFA to do their jobs - boycott Scotland games and Scottish Cup games is the only avenue.

Both organisations have failed Scottish football. I would argue that if fans boycotted going to Ibrox that would send out a powerful visible message, especially if all other grounds were full of away fans.

Edited by hawaii

Jambo-Jimbo

How do you know?  There seems to be very little information with regards to other clubs outwith the Rangers case.

Certain there was a newspaper article several years ago (as in about 5 years ago) which had all the details of which clubs had EBT's and how much they were likely to owe the tax man.

Too true. It was an example created on the hoof; I wasn't prepared to give too much thought to a response to that pile of pish from CJGJ.

Fair comment!

:thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

turn the fitba off/cancel subscription on your tv, and black ball anybody/company that sponsor splaf/sfa

Agreed. It would take time but hurt the people who put (a ****ing pittance as we know) money into the game especially commercial sponsors would be the key ones to put real pressure on the clowns at Hampdump. I'd also be pleased if Ann Budge resigned her position on whatever board she was only put on as a token to show her and the clubs disgust. Won't happen though as she's been seduced by the blazer! 

Name one piece of legislation brought in by government which meant that something that was legal at the time someone did it, was now held to be illegal and prosecutable retrospectively ?

This judgement states 2 things which I agree with. Forget the sporting advantages red herring and look at specific offences

1. They failed to fully declare remuneration packages in the registrations. That was an offence they have been punished for and cannot be re-visited for

2. Failing to pay tax on EBT's or any other part of earnings of a footballer was not, at that time, an offence under the football regulations and cannot be prosecuted retrospectively.

There is no doubt that Rangers gained a sporting advantage, anyone who says otherwise is deluded. However the only offence involved in obtaining that sporting advantage has already been prosecuted and cant be re-opened.

Its very hard to argue with the release in strict legal terms.

Today's announcement re employment tribunal fees comes pretty close!

Certain there was a newspaper article several years ago (as in about 5 years ago) which had all the details of which clubs had EBT's and how much they were likely to owe the tax man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/9082870/Premier-League-sides-forced-to-pay-back-millions-of-pounds-in-tax-after-crackdown-on-image-rights-deals.html is the one I was thinking of, and probably you too... talks of 8 clubs. Arsenal provided ?11m for their EBTs.

it was regan that said, if we dont leave rangers alone armageddon would ensue, his group were well into this, wasn't he part of the 5 way agreement as well. their both irresponsibly running scottish fitba.

Glamorgan Jambo

Truly dreadful statement from the SPFL full of half truths, distractions and deflections.

Nobody is particularly interested in the legal standing of all of this. Legally Rangers were found liable to tax on a large percentage of their employee remunerations over quite a few years (> 10). Also legally speaking Rangers collapsed into insolvency with a short period of administration followed by the ongoing liquidation process. That's about the start and end of the legal perspective.

What is needed is a correction to the sporting record taking into consideration the information deliberately and willfully withheld from the Sporting authorities. Either RFC gained an unfair sporting advantage via their failed and flawed use of a tax avoidance scheme or they didn't. Nobody needs to take any further statements as the controlling shareholder at the time (Murray) and at least one of the managers (McLeish) has said the whole object of the exercise was to attract players to Ibrox who couldn't be afforded if they simply offered them an equivalent gross package subject to PAYE.

So what the likes of Doncaster and Regan need to explain is why, in their views, the improper and ultimately unlawful operation of a remuneration scheme designed to attract players that wouldn't have signed on at Ibrox if they'd been paid conventionally, lawfully and correctly via PAYE did not afford an unfair sporting advantage to RFC.

Expect masses of deflection and distraction over the next few days as these two desperately try to avoid addressing this question.

If Ann Budge doesn't resign position within the SPFL then she is as tainted as the rest of the blazers.

She has enough problems at Tynecastle to be going on with.

Edited by luckydug

Ricardo Shillyshally

If Ann Budge doesn't resign position within the SPFL then she is as tainted as the rest of the blazers.

Really?

Personally I'm glad she's in there where she can gently work her influence. Resigning the same week as she is appointed would be a complete waste of time.

upgotheheads

Bloody hell, really. Get a grip man FFS. Edited by upgotheheads

Had Rangers *not* gone into liquidation, and given the Supreme Court EBT ruling, would the club have been stripped of the Cups and Titles?

@GAPonsonby

Good point

It seems some on here are seriously obsessed with Rangers

Nah, how do you get to that? The whole sorry mess involves the club but it's folks' concern about how the game is governed. Not sure how you can miss that. I guess we see what we want to see.

Edited by Riccarton3

She's just in there. I would far rather we had someone with some influence on the board there than not.

To be quite honest the real villains in all of this are those in at the SFA and Doncaster of course. These are the people who really allowed all of this to happen. Regan and Doncaster should be chased out of the positions they hold. Charlatans the pair of them. I doubt if either would pick up a job in any organisation with any scruples after their behaviour here.

Edited by Deevers

I think the real villains are the orcs who have threatened goodness knows only what and in the end have caused this chain reaction.

Footballfirst

People slating Budge despite the fact she mentioned they had to get legal advice?

The SPFL Board is dancing around a pinhead on this by having a QC answering "what if" questions that don't address the key issue.

That key issue is ...... "Does the SC decision mean that the LNS Commission findings are now flawed, given that they proceeded on the basis that EBTs were lawful?"  (it was LNS who used the term "lawful")

No-one within the SFA or SPFL has either asked or answered that simple question, far less gone into questions about how the Commission was established in the first place.

This is not about Hearts. It is about the governance of the game.  Ann sits on the SPFL board and has done so for the last 12 months.  It is reasonable to question or criticise her for her views, actions or in-actions in that role, and also whether or not she has raised issues on behalf of the club about Strict Liability, FFP, Club Licensing etc

i wish jj was my dad

Blatant cheating on an industrial scale with improperly registered players & tax avoidance. Nothing to see here, sweep sweep.

But we're fine with letting a phoenix newco claiming the tainted titles of a liquidated oldco.

They really should just have said "Know your place cause rules are only for the wee diddy clubs". [emoji23]

We deserve all we get now for letting this happen.

Very much this.

She's just in there. I would far rather we had someone with some influence on the board there than not.

To be quite honest the real villains in all of this are those in at the SFA and Doncaster of course. These are the people who really allowed all of this to happen. Regan and Doncaster should be chased out of the positions they hold. Charlatans the pair of them. I doubt if either would pick up a job in any organisation with any scruples after their behaviour here.

its budge and her fellow club owners that just gave them new contracts. it is the owners/SPLAF/SFA thats instigating the whitewash, so she's obviously not influencing anything.

Edited by reaths17

The SPFL Board is dancing around a pinhead on this by having a QC answering "what if" questions that don't address the key issue.

That key issue is ...... "Does the SC decision mean that the LNS Commission findings are now flawed, given that they proceeded on the basis that EBTs were lawful?"  (it was LNS who used the term "lawful")

No-one within the SFA or SPFL has either asked or answered that simple question, far less gone into questions about how the Commission was established in the first place.

This is not about Hearts. It is about the governance of the game.  Ann sits on the SPFL board and has done so for the last 12 months.  It is reasonable to question or criticise her for her views, actions or in-actions in that role, and also whether or not she has raised issues on behalf of the club about Strict Liability, FFP, Club Licensing etc

Doncaster said (STV interview tonight) they will answer questions from supporter groups. Your question is one I'd like to see asked and answered.

Footballfirst

Doncaster said (STV interview tonight) they will answer questions from supporter groups. Your question is one I'd like to see asked and answered.

Well FOH won't do it as they declined to get involved, as expressed in the JKB Q&A back in February.

Well FOH won't do it as they declined to get involved, as expressed in the JKB Q&A back in February.

Let's hope some other group takes up the challenge of exposing this charade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don't you and a few others who feel so passionately set up a group to do just that ?

Or is the reality you (and them) don't really care enough about it to do anything other than post your gripes on a fans message board ?

The fake outrage over something that is over and done with is showing more and more as the 'cause'(I think that's how the Celtic fans would put it) becomes more and more irrelevant

Well done the footballing authorities and the sooner this ends the better

Footballfirst

I'd like someone like the SFSA to do it, but I think it is more likely to come from a Celtic or Aberdeen supporters group. if anyone take up the offer.

Why don't you and a few others who feel so passionately set up a group to do just that ?

Or is the reality you (and them) don't really care enough about it to do anything other than post your gripes on a fans message board ?

The fake outrage over something that is over and done with is showing more and more as the 'cause'(I think that's how the Celtic fans would put it) becomes more and more irrelevant

I've emailed both the SFA and the SPFL asking them to do something about the way Rangers have pissed all over Scottish Football. Strangely but not unexpected there's never a reply. There's nothing fake about my outrage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you and a few others who feel so passionately set up a group to do just that ?Or is the reality you (and them) don't really care enough about it to do anything other than post your gripes on a fans message board ?The fake outrage over something that is over and done with is showing more and more as the 'cause'(I think that's how the Celtic fans would put it) becomes more and more irrelevantWell done the footballing authorities and the sooner this ends the better

Well done the football authorities? Words fail me!

Glamorgan Jambo

Well done the football authorities? Words fail me!

The ignore function works great against the various Hibs supporters and wind up merchants who spend their lives trolling.

Toxteth O'Grady

People slating Budge despite the fact she mentioned they had to get legal advice?

The legal advice excuse is bollocks - SPFL rules are not the law, they make their own rules to suit a situation - ask Mr Romanov

I P Knightley

Truly dreadful statement from the SPFL full of half truths, distractions and deflections.

Nobody is particularly interested in the legal standing of all of this. Legally Rangers were found liable to tax on a large percentage of their employee remunerations over quite a few years (> 10). Also legally speaking Rangers collapsed into insolvency with a short period of administration followed by the ongoing liquidation process. That's about the start and end of the legal perspective.

What is needed is a correction to the sporting record taking into consideration the information deliberately and willfully withheld from the Sporting authorities. Either RFC gained an unfair sporting advantage via their failed and flawed use of a tax avoidance scheme or they didn't. Nobody needs to take any further statements as the controlling shareholder at the time (Murray) and at least one of the managers (McLeish) has said the whole object of the exercise was to attract players to Ibrox who couldn't be afforded if they simply offered them an equivalent gross package subject to PAYE.

So what the likes of Doncaster and Regan need to explain is why, in their views, the improper and ultimately unlawful operation of a remuneration scheme designed to attract players that wouldn't have signed on at Ibrox if they'd been paid conventionally, lawfully and correctly via PAYE did not afford an unfair sporting advantage to RFC.

Expect masses of deflection and distraction over the next few days as these two desperately try to avoid addressing this question.

You're spot on, GJ, and this is what I would hope that our club had the courage to say.

Paying EBTs may have been thought to be legal at the time and there's a tax liability due.

Failing to disclose payment to EBTs from the authorities and then having those same authority figures turn a blind eye when its pointed out is utterly shameful. They know that a sporting advantage was gained. They know that they could have done something to get it above board. They sat on their hands and behaved like good wee establishment lickspittles. They are a cancer on our game. Hell mend them.

The legal advice excuse is bollocks - SPFL rules are not the law, they make their own rules to suit a situation - ask Mr Romanov

I'm with you on this as well, Toxteth. Slimy little toads.

After seeing Neil Doncaster's smug face on the 6 o'clock news, I didn't even need to hear what he was going to say before knowing that they would be getting away with it.

I'm not even slightly surprised. Scottish Football is so crooked that it hurts. It's been evident for years, and this is just another exhibit in the overall laughing stock.

John Findlay

Really?

Personally I'm glad she's in there where she can gently work her influence. Resigning the same week as she is appointed would be a complete waste of time.

She was already appointed. This week she was re-appointed.

John Findlay

Total bollocks.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Miserable statement that. Never mind, clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts can feel really cosy and secure when Rangers finish second and we can all get back to exactly like it was before.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

BRAVEHEART1874

cjcj thinks it is only a few supporters that care?  aye maybe on the bears den forum  ;)  

Well done the footballing authorities  ??

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan will also sit on the panel.

The governing body revealed that Regan met Lord Nimmo Smith on Tuesday to define the terms of reference for the investigation.

Yet the crazy thing is even  sevco fans even do not realize that doncaster and regan help them 

The Real Maroonblood

It seems some on here are seriously obsessed with Rangers

Imagine people being concerned about a cheating shower of scum.

Miserable statement that. Never mind, clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts can feel really cosy and secure when Rangers finish second and we can all get back to exactly like it was before.

Yeah, sooner it's back to how it was the better.

What new nefarious means will sevco, sfa, and spfl come up with to ensure they can compete with smeltic?

Brave Hearts

It is not clear whether this "independent review" will examine how the SFA and SPL allowed Rangers to get away with mass failure to properly register their players for over a decade, despite senior office holders knowing of (and thus it seems colluding with Rangers) in the mis-registration of players. The SPL and SFA's role in this whole affair, including the "5 way agreement" and the attempts to shoehorn the new club into as high a league as possible (regardless of the rules) is IMO the real scandal.

You cannot get such a thing in Scottish football as an "independent review".

SPL(demised), SPFL(lapdogs), SFA (incompetent and corrupt), weegie redneck meedja, BBC 'Scotland' sorry BBC Glasgow all colluding to the green and blue pounds.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic