The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

marshallschunkychicken

I'm guessing they mean players that did transfer across, which included those on big contracts who were unlikely to receive a better deal by jumping ship. Elbows would be the prime example, was 36 years old but on over ?10k a week apparently. It could also extend to the management team, McCoist was on a big salary.

If you think back to our administration, higher earners whose contracts were expiring were let go. Others who could command a transfer fee were sold to bring in much needed cash.

That's pretty much the way for any club who enters administration, but didn't appear to be the case with Rangers. I can't recall any high profile player either being released, or sold.

I'm sure they actually brought some players in, though happy to be corrected on that point if my memory is playing tricks.

One of the first things the administrators tried to do, bizarrely, was sign Daniel Cousin, if I recall correctly.

Footballfirst

I'm guessing they mean players that did transfer across, which included those on big contracts who were unlikely to receive a better deal by jumping ship.  Elbows would be the prime example, was 36 years old but on over ?10k a week apparently.  It could also extend to the management team, McCoist was on a big salary.

If you think back to our administration, higher earners whose contracts were expiring were let go.  Others who could command a transfer fee were sold to bring in much needed cash.

That's pretty much the way for any club who enters administration, but didn't appear to be the case with Rangers.  I can't recall any high profile player either being released, or sold.

I'm sure they actually brought some players in, though happy to be corrected on that point if my memory is playing tricks.

They tried signing Daniel Cousin after they went into admin.

They tried signing Daniel Cousin after they went into admin.

That's probably what I was thinking of.  As soon as I saw his name, I remembered they tried to bring him in.  It is bizzare though, that a club in Admin would attempt to sign a player like that when the Administrators should be cutting costs to the bone to protect the creditors.

Naismith refused to tupe over & signed for Everton for nothing much to the Huns anger at the time.. [emoji4]

7e8aa459ebb2718ca5043082f6617842.jpg

Clearly, his contract, as with the others who left, was with the holding company, which ceased to exist, rather than the football club, which of course survives to this day!!

marshallschunkychicken

That's probably what I was thinking of. As soon as I saw his name, I remembered they tried to bring him in. It is bizzare though, that a club in Admin would attempt to sign a player like that when the Administrators should be cutting costs to the bone to protect the creditors.

I'm sure the papers at the time suggested that he'd agreed a contract worth ?7500 a week.

Malinga the Swinga

As this thread has appeared again, I just want to take the opportunity to state that I detest this 4 year old club as much as the vile institution that operated for years in Govan before it died after trying to avoid tax through illegal schemes, designed to gain a sporting advantage it would otherwise never have been able to achieve.

It is a club run by a convicted criminal, aman who stood by and watched as the previous version of itself withered and died whilst he encouraged shareholders to vote for its death by voting against a CVA.

It is a club supported by vile bigoted knuckle dragging moronic people, who to a man believe, that simply being a Protestant who supports this club, entitles them to privileges and automatic success, without them having to earn it.

It is a club that has the Scottish media cowering in fear through bully boy tactics and threats, a club that tolerates no criticism, and has refused to do anything to change the culture of sectarianism that has existed and flourished at Ibrox stadium.

In case the usual,sympathisers come in, I also do not like their neighbours and close friends who play at Parkhead. It is just that they haven't, as far as I am aware, actually cheated (off the park) to the same financial levels as the new club.

Derek Johnstone has now apparently claimed that Rangers are not out of compliance with Uefa FFP rules because of all the capital expenditure projects at Ibrox and Auchenhowie. Perhaps some mileage if he has been briefed by TRFC / Level5 or alternatively jumped the gun if expenditure was out of Uefa timelines.

IMO this reeks of DJ being briefed by Level5. There is absolutely zero chance he would know about he details on capital expenditure or talking about it unless it served a purpose (i.e. to fool The People).

He is utterly horrendous - the single worst pundit in the media. Nothing but a cheerleader as Chris Sutton rightly highlighted.

'Jonathan? Jonathan? Oh, he seems to have gone... next caller.'

Nothing to see here, move along please...

Sure I read the other day that the magic hat was going to walk away after the cup debacle, but agreed to stay in exchange for two marquee signings - Barton and Senderos :D

They could have sold them off before the club went into liquidation. Offered players a wage cut. They did everything they could to avoid saving money. Just more GFA fraud.

They basically carried on as if nothing had happened.

Because they said they had money (?18 million?) in the bank. Though really that was the unpaid tax.

As this thread has appeared again, I just want to take the opportunity to state that I detest this 4 year old club as much as the vile institution that operated for years in Govan before it died after trying to avoid tax through illegal schemes, designed to gain a sporting advantage it would otherwise never have been able to achieve.

It is a club run by a convicted criminal, aman who stood by and watched as the previous version of itself withered and died whilst he encouraged shareholders to vote for its death by voting against a CVA.

It is a club supported by vile bigoted knuckle dragging moronic people, who to a man believe, that simply being a Protestant who supports this club, entitles them to privileges and automatic success, without them having to earn it.

It is a club that has the Scottish media cowering in fear through bully boy tactics and threats, a club that tolerates no criticism, and has refused to do anything to change the culture of sectarianism that has existed and flourished at Ibrox stadium.

In case the usual,sympathisers come in, I also do not like their neighbours and close friends who play at Parkhead. It is just that they haven't, as far as I am aware, actually cheated (off the park) to the same financial levels as the new club.

This without doubt!

The thing that has always bothered me is the sale figure od ?5.5 million or so yet AB paid ?2.5 million or so fir us.

These figures do not add up imo. Surely Ibrox and Murray Park plus the players value was far more than ?5.5 million probably at least ?25 million.

If so D&P do still have questions to answer to BDO and creditors.

The thing that has always bothered me is the sale figure od ?5.5 million or so yet AB paid ?2.5 million or so fir us.

These figures do not add up imo. Surely Ibrox and Murray Park plus the players value was far more than ?5.5 million probably at least ?25 million.

Sure they were valued at around 100 million in previous accounts!!

Sure they were valued at around 100 million in previous accounts!!

That valuation would be based on the cost of replacing the stadium and training facility, rather than any open market valuation on what the properties were actually worth to, say, a property developer.

Auchenhowie is situated in the green belt, so would likely be problems to try and develop housing on that site, and Ibrox is not ideally located either.  ?5.5m appears cheap, but that wasn't even just the price for the heritable assets, it included the IP which would be worth a fair chunk in itself.  I seem to recall seeing the the ?5.5m broken down but can't recall how much was for the property itself, c ?2.5m - ?3m rings a bell.

Absolutely, this ?5.5m figure raised more than a few eyebrows at the time and evidently still does.

IIRC the whole shebang was valued at something like ?70m a matter of a year later, excellent piece of business that.

The new club is worth nothing they have hardly any working capital and are going to struggle from season ticket sale to season ticket sale until the lying king gets his money back they are a new middle of the road club who's fans will desert them in droves when nothing is won and they realise nobody is scared of them anymore goodbye old club get used to your new place in the order of things SEVCO

Absolutely, this ?5.5m figure raised more than a few eyebrows at the time and evidently still does.

IIRC the whole shebang was valued at something like ?70m a matter of a year later, excellent piece of business that.

Only valued at that by the new owners, there is no way anyone would pay anything like that amount to buy the club now.

They have a significant amount of debt in the form of soft loans from directors, and their income stream is seriously hampered by the fact that big fat Mike has a grip on the retail operation.  They are operating at a loss, and have been since their inception in 2012.  

Only valued at that by the new owners, there is no way anyone would pay anything like that amount to buy the club now.

They have a significant amount of debt in the form of soft loans from directors, and their income stream is seriously hampered by the fact that big fat Mike has a grip on the retail operation.  They are operating at a loss, and have been since their inception in 2012.  

Maybe they could sell the whole lot to a billionaire for ?1 and get him to clear all the debt, oh wait.......................................................   

alicante jambo

The new club is worth nothing they have hardly any working capital and are going to struggle from season ticket sale to season ticket sale until the lying king gets his money back they are a new middle of the road club who's fans will desert them in droves when nothing is won and they realise nobody is scared of them anymore goodbye old club get used to your new place in the order of things SEVCO

I like you buzzbomb a fantastic post.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

It would seem, according to the S*n , that the scout McParland is off. Scapegoat No.1 for King...?

Was he not the one that would unearth all the hidden gems?

Was he not the one that would unearth all the hidden gems?

Maybe he has been given a new job. Mining in South Africa.

The other way around imo, him jumping ship will look bad on King & his lack of investment..

Depends on the spin and what you want to believe... Bigger implication is that he's tight with Warburton so he's presumably not too happy.

The other way around imo, him jumping ship will look bad on King & his lack of investment..

Yes, that makes sense. Pay off unaffordable I would think..

"Rangers love a freebie at the moment and Jelavic might be on the verge of becoming a brilliant option for the Ibrox side."

FFS. There is unadulterated drivel out there.

Apparently some of the players that TTFKR nearly signed include - Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldo, Eto'o and Lineker.

"Rangers love a freebie at the moment and Jelavic might be on the verge of becoming a brilliant option for the Ibrox side."

Apparently some of the players that TTFKR nearly signed include - Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldo, Eto'o and Lineker.

To be fair, they did have a chance tk sign Messi on loan, but McLeish, who was manager at the time, kicked him back, as he was too small.

and this too:

http://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-fans-desperate-31-year-old-international-return-club/

Glamorgan Jambo

McParland is probably only on a regular contract of employment same as most of us so he's the only one they will be able to afford to sack - so it's likely he'll be bulleted in the hope that Warburton and Weir will throw their toys out of the pram and walk.

If I was a fan of Sevco my biggest concern about King would be about how much he appears to relish conflict and ends up fighting with pretty much everyone around him - ZARS, Ashley, now Warburton....

They are going to die AGAIN

I doubt they are. However they are looking at years of mediocrity and failure and erosion from where I am sitting

Geoff Kilpatrick

I doubt they are. However they are looking at years of mediocrity and failure and erosion from where I am sitting

As some of us stated a while back.

:verysmug:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

As some of us stated a while back.

:verysmug:

You all may be right.

But the great thing is that is turning out to be almost a best case scenario.

The fact the lunatics and crooks are running a club supported by unpredictable deluded moronic thugs adds more than a chance that full on implosion is not impossible.

Which is pleasing.

You all may be right.

But the great thing is that is turning out to be almost a best case scenario.

The fact the lunatics and crooks are running a club supported by unpredictable deluded moronic thugs adds more than a chance that full on implosion is not impossible.

Which is pleasing.

TBF to the board, there may be one lunatic and one crook on the boad but there are some decent Rangers men who have put a lot of their own money in and who stand to lose a fortune. How anyone thought it was a good idea to support a King led concert party must need their head examined. He , of course, has put nothing in and I wouldn't be surprised if he tries negotiate a "walking away deal" with the board because no one will go near that club/board while King is around. Shame. 

I'm just using relegation as defined by the english dictionary.

You could say the holding company/ business was liquidated.

A new company bought the club.

The club being, a culture/ brand etc that is always a constant, if this were the case then the club were relegated as per English dictionary definition.

I agree with you, just saying that if the club is the same, then how do you explain them starting at a lower division?

If the club isn't the same, then yes it is pretty clear cut, they were not relegated but kicked out, reformed, re applied and started from the lowest division..

Depends on what a football club actually is? imo

In dafty terms, the club was relegated to the bottom league as a penalty for the business being liquidated.

In dafty terms, the league lost a team by liquidation, the new team with the Rangers name applied for the vacancy in the SPL , were telt to GTF as it was filled by another. They tried for the 1st and 2nd division, but were felt to GTF, as again they were filled. They ended up taking the vacant spot in the 3rd by trampling over waiting clubs with the help of others Doncaster and Reagan (The English Mafia).

Please stop saying they were relegated, there was nothing to relegate.

Sorry I don't usually post or back up Reath17, but I couldn't listen to this claptrap any longer.

Bye

Edited by aussieh

Just got a text from a mate who works at the High Court in Glasgow that Rangers directors have lodged a petition at the Court of Session for an Administrator. My mate is a Well fan who is not really into mischief making so thought I would pass on the info.

I shall try and get more info from him soon.

Admin note 29 October 2013:

We have split off more than 600 posts from this thread into a separate thread to allow a debate about the existential state of Rangers - whether they are alive or dead, new or old, treated fairly or unfairly, should be in Scotland or England, and so on.

Here's a link: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/134157-the-sevco-existential-debate-see-admin-note-in-post-1/page__st__650&do=findComment&comment=3877330

We have some Rangers supporters with a different view to ours, and these different viewpoints can be debated on that thread - not on this one.

This thread has been running for 18 months to provide an opportunity for Hearts supporters to exchange information and opinions about the various Rangers sagas, and it will continue for that purpose. Any effort to derail this thread, especially by non-HMFC supporters, will be frowned upon by JKB moderators.

Exactly 5 years since this thread started, and still going strong!!

Raymond Reddington

According to the record online they are thinking of appointing a director of football. Wonder if they do if the DoF will be asked who picks the team?

It's funny how now Warburton is a horrible manager and never got the best out the squad. It's like Groundhog Day with these dudes. They can bring in who ever they like. If Dave King doesn't invest heavily the next manager will walk or be binned as will the manager after that and so on and so on. Their entitled self worth will run them into the ground again. I for one, love it.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic