The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

McKenzie: "The Club, with a capital C, had been sold to Sevco Scotland ltd." Adds "We learned this from the press mainly "

How could the club be sold - it's still in liquidation.

Green said on oath , he started a new company and bought the assets of the old one.  McKenzie is lying. 

Why/how could a complaint be served on Sevco - it's a brand new club ? Anyone ?

I wasn't clear what kind of complaint was being referred to here, and who was serving it.  But, one possible reason would be to cover your bases--if you were concerned that in the end the new company might be granted the right to carry on as if it were the old company, you very well might have recourse with the new company.

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  32s33 seconds ago

Poole  "The ultimate question is what a reasonable person would think the word relegation means.' 

Cites principle of simple language

Cheers, so it is all about separating the club in a sporting context from the legal business entity?

If they are the same, case should be open and close based on what you said.

If the club is viewed as a different entity from the business  then there is chance that within a sporting context Rangers, the club were relegated as they dropped down division's, however from a business point of view they were sanctioned and had to re apply so were not relegated, Is it all down to how the judge views rangers, the club?

Interesting if nothing else..

THEY WERE NEVER RELEGATED, separate what ?

they folded, unable to trade, gone , liquidated, they were that liquidated they had sold the family(club) jewels to the 1st bidder, this new owner started a new business using jewels/assets. if the club/company were separate, how could the companies liquidator  sell the clubs jewels?, if the clubs (rangers/the rangers) are the same club, why did "the rangers" have to buy the history/jewels ?

Edited by reaths17

I wasn't clear what kind of complaint was being referred to here, and who was serving it.  But, one possible reason would be to cover your bases--if you were concerned that in the end the new company might be granted the right to carry on as if it were the old company, you very well might have recourse with the new company.

Thanks for replying -it wasn't directed at you per se.

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  2m2 minutes ago

Poole suggests court take into account consumer law.

"If any doubt about Rangers being relegated the advantage should go to Mr Kinloch.'

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  40s41 seconds ago

Poole "If I am a retired restraunteer and I go for a meal I am still acting as a consumer' 

Judge asks "was he not a professional gambler?'

Judge "if he was acting as a professional gambler this consumer law does not apply' 

Poole "People who are retired are allowed a hobby.'

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  1m1 minute ago

Poole notes Coral's, argument that SPL rules apply undermined by fact no copy of these rules are available for customers in betting shops.

Thanks for replying -it wasn't directed at you per se.

Oh I know.  But I'd had the complaint thing in mind too and your question was quite relevant.

Poole notes Coral "made no attempt to negotiate" over meaning of relegation which was a breach of "good faith' a breach of consumer law

James Doleman [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>  2m2 minutes ago
Judge "if he was acting as a professional gambler this consumer law does not apply' 

Poole "People who are retired are allowed a hobby.'

That explains yesterday's questions then. Trying to paint him as a pro gambler but lying about it. 

Yep.  I wasn't aware of the consumer law caveat but even without it that line of questioning made sense.

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  6m6 minutes ago

Judge "surely main issue is the meaning of the relegation.'

Poole "I'm not going to agree with that'

Judge "I was inviting an argument'

Are Coral genuinely scared of losing Rangers customers if they point out liquidation?

Did you see the Orcs reaction to the Kenny Miller tweet ? Total over reaction like spoilt children, threats to close accounts (although Celtic fans were claiming to be opening accounts as a "thank you"). 

Are Coral genuinely scared of losing Rangers customers if they point out liquidation?

Did you see the Orcs reaction to the Kenny Miller tweet ? Total over reaction like spoilt children, threats to close accounts (although Celtic fans were claiming to be opening accounts as a "thank you"). 

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  27s28 seconds ago

Poole notes that Coral have given 3 different versions of the meaning of the word relegation

Bazzas right boot

THEY WERE NEVER RELEGATED, separate what ?

they folded, unable to trade, gone , liquidated, they were that liquidated they had sold the family(club) jewels to the 1st bidder, this new owner started a new business using jewels/assets. if the club/company were separate, how could the companies liquidator  sell the clubs jewels?, if the clubs (rangers/the rangers) are the same club, why did "the rangers" have to buy the history/jewels ?

I'm just using relegation as defined by the english dictionary.

You could say the holding company/ business was liquidated.

A new company bought the club.

The club being, a culture/ brand etc that is always a constant, if this were the case then the club were relegated as per English dictionary definition.

I agree with you, just saying that if the club is the same, then how do you explain them starting at a lower division?

If the club isn't the same, then yes it is pretty clear cut, they were not relegated but kicked out, reformed, re applied and started from the lowest division..  

Depends on what a football club actually is? imo

In dafty terms, the club was relegated to the bottom league as a penalty for the business being liquidated.

Edited by Tosh'sleftfoot

Bazzas right boot

James Doleman [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>  2m2 minutes ago
Poole notes Coral "made no attempt to negotiate" over meaning of relegation which was a breach of "good faith' a breach of consumer law

They are making a complete arse of this.

The gist of the case is to determine if Glasgow Rangers were relegated or liquidated in 2012. If the court determines that Glasgow Rangers were relegated then the punter wins his bet.

Ah. And if not they have to deal with the 'same club' elephant?

Tell you what they may be 8 points ahead of us but we are in far better health, we have learned and restructured while they splash cash and are still getting dragged through the courts. 

I am sure any Gers fans looking in will be loving the page number at the moment.

Might be wrong but wasn't the thread on ZZ pulled this morning.

Footballfirst

I thought the most telling statement from Rod McKenzie this morning was his response to a question from Mr Sandison.

Counsel asks "Was the football team called Rangers FC ever relegated from the SPL?"

McKenzie responds "that would require me to make a judgement on what is "relegation" and I'd rather not do so"

Now that response came from the same person who admitted that he had drafted most of the rules of the SPL and had advised the SPL on many matters, yet as the person probably most qualified to make such a judgement, he is unwilling to do so.  You would have to ask why. 

Edited by Footballfirst

I'm just using relegation as defined by the english dictionary.

You could say the holding company/ business was liquidated.

A new company bought the club.

The club being, a culture/ brand etc that is always a constant, if this were the case then the club were relegated as per English dictionary definition.

I agree with you, just saying that if the club is the same, then how do you explain them starting at a lower division?

If the club isn't the same, then yes it is pretty clear cut, they were not relegated but kicked out, reformed, re applied and started from the lowest division..  

Depends on what a football club actually is? imo

In dafty terms, the club was relegated to the bottom league as a penalty for the business being liquidated.

i'll say it again if the club was merely relegated why was the family jewels history copyright material etc sold then bought by another party who used this to form another entity.

if they were relegated, there would be no need to tamper with anything else.

they failed to be relegated as they finished 2nd FACT

the ruling bodies never ever issued a punishment to RANGERS. FACT

they were liquidated. FACT

(empty space needing filled

in...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

........................................................to reach the next sentence)

"the rangers" began in the 2nd division. "during the 5way agreement they agreed to pay 250k in footballing debts belonging to the previous incarnation"(yet to be paid) FACT

demotion/relegation/punishment call it whatever you want "it never happened"

Footballfirst

I thought the most telling statement from Rod McKenzie this morning was his response to a question from Mr Sandison.

Counsel asks "Was the football team called Rangers FC ever relegated from the SPL?"

McKenzie responds "that would require me to make a judgement on what is "relegation" and I'd rather not do so"

Now that response came from the same person who admitted that he had drafted most of the rules of the SPL and had advised the SPL on many matters, yet as the person probably most qualified to make such a judgement, he is unwilling to do so.  You would have to ask why. 

I?m glad to see that Ms Poole picked up on this point:

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 4m4 minutes ago

Poole notes that even the SPL rules have a definition of ?relegated? notes Rod McKenzie, who drafted the rules wouldn?t answer Q about it.

Bazzas right boot

i'll say it again if the club was merely relegated why was the family jewels history copyright material etc sold then bought by another party who used this to form another entity.

if they were relegated, there would be no need to tamper with anything else.

they failed to be relegated as they finished 2nd FACT

the ruling bodies never ever issued a punishment to RANGERS. FACT

they were liquidated. FACT

(empty space needing filled

in...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

........................................................to reach the next sentence)

"the rangers" began in the 2nd division. "during the 5way agreement they agreed to pay 250k in footballing debts belonging to the previous incarnation"(yet to be paid) FACT

demotion/relegation/punishment call it whatever you want "it never happened"

What I would have thought, open and shut case.

Doesn't seem to be going that way tho, anything but open and shut.

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  7m7 minutes ago

"We should not confuse the meaning of the word relegation with the mechanism. Rangers were still relegated.'

Bazzas right boot

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 7m7 minutes ago

"We should not confuse the meaning of the word relegation with the mechanism. Rangers were still relegated.'

Ooft.

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 7m7 minutes ago

To which someone responded :

@jamesdoleman I had a cat that was 'relegated' by the vet a couple of years ago. I still miss him.

Bazzas right boot

To which someone responded :

@jamesdoleman I had a cat that was 'relegated' by the vet a couple of years ago. I still miss him.

Thing is the relegation definition backs this up if rangers are considered the same club.

Not business, but club.

Nice quip, but my cat is I'll ATM, I'm off to cry. If he is relegated, I'll get a kitten, call him by the same name.

...a bit disco

Still wouldn't take her home to meet my parents.

My dad would have a ****** heart attack.

After he'd high fived me.

Whatever happened to the gif of a bursd tied up in a car boot?

...a bit disco

Poole "the fact Mr Kinloch was a former bookmaker is irrelevant, this was a winning bet"

Poole "Coral winning this case would be writing a blank cheque for bookies to avoid paying out."

brunoatemyhamster

They play rugby.

Apart from that though...

I was meaning more along the lines of The BBC quiet happy to report this as a newco situatuion.

Former New Zealand Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers and ex-Wigan coach Graham Lowe have been confirmed as the new owners of the Bradford club to replace the liquidated Bulls.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic