The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

...a bit disco

I was meaning more along the lines of The BBC quiet happy to report this as a newco situatuion.

Former New Zealand Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers and ex-Wigan coach Graham Lowe have been confirmed as the new owners of the Bradford club to replace the liquidated Bulls.

Sorry, never made it clear.

That's what  I thought too.

:thumbsup:

brunoatemyhamster

Sorry, never made it clear.

That's what  I thought too.

:thumbsup:

I got you, just highlighted  to show my disbelief in the statement on the site.  Here another beaut

"The group came close to taking the Bulls out of administration at the end of 2016, when a bid they made was rubber-stamped by the RFL, only to be rejected by the administrator.

Chalmers registered the name Bradford Bulls 2017 at Companies House.

RFL director of operations and legal, Karen Moorhouse, said: "The RFL is confident that the consortium selected to run a new club in Bradford will provide an exciting and stable future for rugby league in the city."

For any sevconians looking in, The BBC are the enemy.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

...a bit disco

Sandison "Rangers were not moved to a lower league, a set of circumstances arose that made them ineligible to play in the Premier League"

Sandison tells the court the word "relegation" comes from ancient Rome from when someone was exiled after displeasing the emperor.

Sandison returns to his point that "relegation" is a transitive verb. Accepts he has not had much success with that so far

Sandison "Rangers were not moved to a lower league, a set of circumstances arose that made them ineligible to play in the Premier League"

My question in return would be, what were those circumstances?

Talk about " beating around the bush" "treading on egg shells" "avoiding the obvious". Just say Rangers went bust and the new entity had to reapply for a licence that allowed the new club to compete starting at the bottom. It's really that simple.

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 46 seconds ago

Sandison returns to his point that "relegation" is a transitive verb. Accepts he has not had much success with that so far

James Doleman @jamesdoleman 7 seconds ago

Sandison "Rangers were not relegated from the SPL, they were expelled from it."

Aye, and "expel" is also a transitive verb.  I think your lack of success with that one is on you there, Sandy.

Edit: Also, "relegation" is actually a noun, though that may have just been Doleman not quite quoting him right.

Edited by Justin Z

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 46 seconds ago

James Doleman @jamesdoleman 7 seconds ago

Sandison "Rangers were not relegated from the SPL, they were expelled from it."

Aye, and "expel" is also a transitive verb. I think your lack of success with that one is on you there, Sandy.

Edit: Also, "relegation" is actually a noun, though that may have just been Doleman not quite quoting him right.

:)

Talk about " beating around the bush" "treading on egg shells" "avoiding the obvious". Just say Rangers went bust and the new entity had to reapply for a licence that allowed the new club to compete starting at the bottom. It's really that simple.

It's laughable. Just bloody say it. Rangers were liquidated, it's really easy. 

I must admit, I like the occasional bet.

It's the thrill of losing my money, that keeps me coming back for more.

Profit? Winning money? Ha. Ludicrous.

:lol:

I truly despise litigating and also freely admit I am probably terrible at it based on the available data.  This defence though has been godawful to the point of being comical!

I remember one night, I told my missus I lost ?50 on a bet. @ 5/1 odds.

Some :sweeet: loving that night, let me tell you.

:shockio:

:scenes:

I thought the most telling statement from Rod McKenzie this morning was his response to a question from Mr Sandison.

Counsel asks "Was the football team called Rangers FC ever relegated from the SPL?"

McKenzie responds "that would require me to make a judgement on what is "relegation" and I'd rather not do so"

Now that response came from the same person who admitted that he had drafted most of the rules of the SPL and had advised the SPL on many matters, yet as the person probably most qualified to make such a judgement, he is unwilling to do so.  You would have to ask why. 

I know it's after the event , but in what capacity was McKenzie called - expert witness ? Why wasn't he forced to answer the question ? He's not being asked to make a judgement , he's being asked to explain the judgement handed down by the SPL/SPFL 4 years ago. So he is saying he is refusing to explain the decision of the football governing bodies , in a court of law. Is this what it has come to ? And he's also a lawyer ?

...a bit disco

smiley-laughing002.gif  They've still not come right out and said it, Disco! :evil3:

:sob:

No' ma fault likes.

If they were "not moved " , how could they be playing in a lower league. Is it an immaculate misconception ?

It's like listening to a child arguing.

...a bit disco

I find myself partial to this shot for some reason . . .

BIVQiW5CQAACCl8.jpg

'USA, USA...'

Sandison now questioning why Kinloch has not handed his betting slip over to Coral. "It's a negotiable instrument' he tells the court

"Negotiable instrument" is lawyerese for something along the lines of a cheque, bill of exchange, promissory note, etc.  But according to Coral the negotiable value of Kinloch's betting slip is ?0.  Why should he hand it over?

Let's hope the good Lord does his homework on the Rangers demise as its obvious to all that Rangers died and went to liquidation heaven and a new entity bought the rights to join the SPFL. Relegation never happened.

Let's hope the good Lord does his homework on the Rangers demise as its obvious to all that Rangers died and went to liquidation heaven and a new entity bought the rights to join the SPFL. Relegation never happened.

Is he allowed to do that though? Is he not bound to consider the case on the basis of evidence presented?

It would be a bit off if he made a decision citing facts which never appeared in the case!

Is he allowed to do that though? Is he not bound to consider the case on the basis of evidence presented?

It would be a bit off if he made a decision citing facts which never appeared in the case!

Not sure myself maybe some others can clarify.

The power and influence a team called rangers has in this country is even greater than even i imagined. We've seen it with match officials, the media and the football authorities. Even all the other clubs seem to humbly accept their position being meekly subservient to a team called rangers. Now their influence through fear, secret handshakes or whatever affects straight forward cases in the courts. Scottish football as a fair sport is just not possible and never will be until there is no team called rangers.

The power and influence a team called rangers has in this country is even greater than even i imagined. We've seen it with match officials, the media and the football authorities. Even all the other clubs seem to humbly accept their position being meekly subservient to a team called rangers. Now their influence through fear, secret handshakes or whatever affects straight forward cases in the courts. Scottish football as a fair sport is just not possible and never will be until there is no team called rangers.

Not really, it's the thuggish element in their fanbase. Coral doesn't want its employees threatened or its windows tanned. It also doesn't want to lose half of its Glasgow income. That's why the lawyers danced a strange gavotte arguing about the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin rather than the facts.

The real power broker within the game is Peter Lawwell at Celtic.

True, although there will have been mounds of written evidence submitted.  This hearing supplemented that.

Not really, it's the thuggish element in their fanbase. Coral doesn't want its employees threatened or its windows tanned. It also doesn't want to lose half of its Glasgow income. That's why the lawyers danced a strange gavotte arguing about the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin rather than the facts.

"Thuggish element in their support" is that not the fear I'm referring to? celtic have no where near the influence rangers do.

In the news, I see that Warburton has been explaining why he is going for loan signings. Apparently, it's to avoid having to pay inflated transfer fees.

What proportion of Sevconians do you think believe this rubbish?

"Thuggish element in their support" is that not the fear I'm referring to? celtic have no where near the influence rangers do.

Are Coral genuinely scared of losing Rangers customers if they point out liquidation?

They'd probably lose more than what is at stake through lost bets and the cost to repair broken windows, damaged shops and to compensate abused staff, if they said Rangers died.

Edited by Paolo

I thought the most telling statement from Rod McKenzie this morning was his response to a question from Mr Sandison.

Counsel asks "Was the football team called Rangers FC ever relegated from the SPL?"

McKenzie responds "that would require me to make a judgement on what is "relegation" and I'd rather not do so"

Now that response came from the same person who admitted that he had drafted most of the rules of the SPL and had advised the SPL on many matters, yet as the person probably most qualified to make such a judgement, he is unwilling to do so.  You would have to ask why.

Death threats?

Not out of the question when you know who we are dealing with.

Death threats?

Not out of the question when you know who we are dealing with.

Not death threats, but Jim Spence has highlighted how his wife and kids have been abused in the street because he did not toil the BBC Scotland line.

Ever wondered how lawyers are rich and Joe Bloggs is poor?

Not death threats, but Jim Spence has highlighted how his wife and kids have been abused in the street because he did not toil the BBC Scotland line.

I may be wrong but I'm sure he tweeted re death threats and I've been on ZZ often enough to know their forte is threatening folk,again I know their bark is bigger than their bite.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic