The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Now if Rangers appeal and win the big tax case (again !!) then that fact becomes wrong just as if there is a further investigation into registration matters and punishment applied then that fact above is wrong.

What's your preference? Rangers win the big tax case or lose it?

Never mind all the shite unless ,oh sorry sevco new club with no history are a bigger club than Real Madrid,the rules have beeen applied my goodness that is the royal household of Spain club heads will roll corrupt sfa don't say a word in their defense they are hoping it will go away do not let it happen otherwise Scottish football will forever be a joke

In the eyes of one though, 4000 is not a majority as he has personally spoken to 4001 fans who have no opinion either way. :(

In the pub before the match

Maroon tinted glasses 2

But no one is suggesting that any punishment for fielding ineligible players should fall on the current Rangers franchise. Of course not. 

It should involve removing honours won by the old, defunct, liquidated, found-out Rangers. 

I agree what you say regarding the punishment of the current rangers franchise however it would have a direct impact because -

1. The current franchise and fans claim that all titles and cups won combined with the history of RIPrangers are still applicable to the new setup (apart from the debt, they didn't seem to want to claim the debt). 

2. Above their club badge, there proudly sit, 5 golden stars where the 5th one was earned as a direct result of cheating, fraud and deception.

So yes the new rangers would be directly impacted

If I bought a car by knowingly using a fraudulent cheque then gave it to my wife (without her knowing of my shenanigans). neither my wife or I would legally own the car and if caught I would be punished accordingly and the car would be removed from my wife. Whilst the Mrs would be pissed off with me there wouldn't be anything she could do and would still be carless.

On this board and re this topic you keep having to remind people that it is opinion we are discussing not facts though many seem not to care and seem to want to hit out at anyone who dares to differ from the norm on here.

Wow the level of irony that this is you posting that comment is unbelievable. A man who talks down to others and represents his opinion as fact and if you dont like it then you must be a fantasist telling people its all about opinion.

Just wow

I P Knightley

Hhmmm. I work about 50m from the Royal courts of Justice....

Tuna mayonnaise and sweetcorn in a granary bap, please.

Sad thing is Rangers would get a ton of compo for him and he'd come back with a few million for some of their players..

For example they could easily get, say, I dunno ?5m from compo for Warburton, Tavernier and A.N. Other....

Shame

Actually probably a genuine dilemma for the glib and shameless spivs currently running the club

Edited by Jammy T

Rangers fans I know want Derek mcInnes

Which would be likely and which would be good news for us IMO.

Would weaken aberdeen but wouldn't improve Rangers.

Fozzyonthefence

I agree what you say regarding the punishment of the current rangers franchise however it would have a direct impact because -

1. The current franchise and fans claim that all titles and cups won combined with the history of RIPrangers are still applicable to the new setup (apart from the debt, they didn't seem to want to claim the debt). 

2. Above their club badge, there proudly sit, 5 golden stars where the 5th one was earned as a direct result of cheating, fraud and deception.

So yes the new rangers would be directly impacted

If I bought a car by knowingly using a fraudulent cheque then gave it to my wife (without her knowing of my shenanigans). neither my wife or I would legally own the car and if caught I would be punished accordingly and the car would be removed from my wife. Whilst the Mrs would be pissed off with me there wouldn't be anything she could do and would still be carless.

How does this stars thing work exactly?  Why does a team that's never won the European cup (and, depending on point of view, is only 3 years old) get to have 5 stars on their badge?  Why do Celtic, who have won the European cup (and must have won about 40 titles) only show 1 star.  And don't Man City have 2 or 3 stars - if I'm correct on that one, how do they qualify?

Sad thing is Rangers would get a ton of compo for him and he'd come back with a few million for some of their players..

For example they could easily get, say, I dunno ?5m from compo for Warburton, Tavernier and A.N. Other....

Shame

Actually probably a genuine dilemma for the glib and shameless spivs currently running the club

As good as Tavernier has been in the championship there is no way if Warburton got an EPL job he would be taking someone like him - not good enough for that level.

I wonder how many times the initial favourite with the bookies has actually became the next manager. I would be shocked to see Warburton leave brentford move to Scottish championship and then land and EPL job when there is people like Moyes and Rodgers who have proved themselves at that level currently unemployed.

As good as Tavernier has been in the championship there is no way if Warburton got an EPL job he would be taking someone like him - not good enough for that level.

I wonder how many times the initial favourite with the bookies has actually became the next manager. I would be shocked to see Warburton leave brentford move to Scottish championship and then land and EPL job when there is people like Moyes and Rodgers who have proved themselves at that level currently unemployed.

I would think both would be well ahead of Warburton.

As regards warburton, there is rarely any smoke without fire in football....

Or there are always squirrels to follow when bad news has been released, classic propaganda tactic, get people talking/speculating about something which isn't happening whilst they ignore what is happening - vote rigging in the agm votes, king in court for contempt on wednesday, ashleys loan still outstanding, no way to issue new shares, loans urgently required to keep the lights on. Needless to say, the smsm carry on chomping the succulent lamb produced for them by the pr companies.

Re warburtoun, he had said previously in an interview, that prior to getting the sevco gig, he was not offered or asked to interview for any other jobs, yet suddenly we are expected to believe that because he is managing a team with the biggest budget in scotlands second tier and top of that league that he is now the best manager in the world and everyone wants him? bullsheet, i's suggest that sevco would be happy to let him go for a compensation fee as there are rumours of a 500k bonus for winning the league and promotion to the premier.

lost in space

How does this stars thing work exactly?  Why does a team that's never won the European cup (and, depending on point of view, is only 3 years old) get to have 5 stars on their badge?  Why do Celtic, who have won the European cup (and must have won about 40 titles) only show 1 star.  And don't Man City have 2 or 3 stars - if I'm correct on that one, how do they qualify?

I dont think there is an actual rule about stars on a shirt.  For instance Hibs could have a star on their strip for every .......emm ....... er ...... sorry - bad example.  Hearts should put 6 stars on their next strip - for no actual reason, other than to hack off the orcs.

Great post.

For me the scandal is the GFA/SPFL deliberately applying different standards because they are 100% driven to protect the interests of only two clubs. Aided and abetted by the MSM. Doncaster, Regan and co should have been hounded out of the country in 2012 after their shameful attempt to maintain the duopoly. I can't believe we are still letting them get away with it.

FiFA are being hunted down one by one every one should be jailed ,SFA take note a 12 by 9 awaits scabs the lot of you ,if I'm wrong sue me .....no didn't think so

keith jackson ?@tedermeatballs 16m16 minutes ago

I've written a column tomorrow exposing a link between Dave King's Rangers board and Pablo Escobar. Think I'll take the day off Twitter.

(He is kidding, right ?)

I P Knightley

Must be a bit slow today. Had to read that twice.

It was a bit of a long shot. I used to go to a great sandwich bar about 50m from the RCJ. Come to think of it, it would have been a hell of a coincidence.

How stupid are they now another court case looming because they block shareholders voting ,One common denominator is glib and shameless.They probably spend more in lawyers fees than on players wages,I used to have a wee ounce of sympathy for the fans of sevco but now I'm beginning to think they deserve everything they get for worshipping a crook

That nice guy Mike Ashley flexes his business muscle once more on another company.  Another example of his 'free enterprise' mantra and his use of lawyers to service his needs.

The man is ruthless in business and the tactics are familiar.

You certainly need deep pockets to keep him at bay as well as legal advice on tap.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/investors-fear-mike-ashley-is-plotting-findel-closure/ar-AAg5VKh?li=AA54rU&ocid=iefvrt

So what happens if Mike wins his court case that King should never have been signed off as fit and proper?

Immediate resignations of MacRae, Regan, Doncaster, Topping and banning for life of all 4 plus Ogilvie.

Good guys Lawwell and Petrie to get on with running the game?

That nice guy Mike Ashley flexes his business muscle once more on another company. Another example of his 'free enterprise' mantra and his use of lawyers to service his needs.

You certainly need deep pockets to keep him at bay as well as legal advice on tap.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/investors-fear-mike-ashley-is-plotting-findel-closure/ar-AAg5VKh?li=AA54rU&ocid=iefvrt

Hey cj I'm still waiting for an apology for the very personal post you threw my way, I assume you just forgot. Make sure it's as public as the post eh?

Looking forward to the chat about our respective educations by the way, how many degrees do you have?

I mean you're surely not pretending nothing happened and you still have your credibility are you?

That nice guy Mike Ashley flexes his business muscle once more on another company.  Another example of his 'free enterprise' mantra and his use of lawyers to service his needs.

Of course. And he certainly has precedent for doing what is described in the article, more than once. Just seems weird you haven't commented much on the illegal actions of Dave King re blocking votes?

Just wonder your opinion on it.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Footballfirst

From James Doleman

Preliminary hearing in case of Craig Whyte, Charles Green and others postponed to 5 January.

I hate rampant capitalism in all its forms and Mike Ashley is a prime example of the kind of person who exploits it and should be condemned for a lot of his business practices.

Do you also agree that people who do not pay taxes that are due by them therefor depriving their country of much needed revenue, and lie whilst under oath are also pretty reprehensible and should find no place in our game at any level?

Clubs wear either a star for every European trophy or one for every 10 domestic titles. I'm not sure if this is an official FIFA or UEFA rule or just an established but unofficial practice.

Man. City had 3 stars in their badge before this began. They don't signify the number of trophies won in the same way as those worn by other clubs.

Has the ?5 million been paid yet?

I keep asking this as well.

If it does get paid then I assume Mash holdings grip on assets and influence disappears and we would be told by the media every minute of every day as Sevco will have become one of the wealthiest clubs in the world.

I can't see it happening to be honest.

station_jambo

I keep asking this as well.

If it does get paid then I assume Mash holdings grip on assets and influence disappears and we would be told by the media every minute of every day as Sevco will have become one of the wealthiest clubs in the world.

I can't see it happening to be honest.

You would think since he took "1 hour" to get funds together then the money would have been paid by now.

Tommiwastheboss

Ashley's going nowhere, as long as he owns the retail rights he will milk it till he gets what he wants, he's under no obligation to negotiate and I bet his contracts are waterproof.

The guys ruthless and a great businessman, just the man I'd like to see running rangers retail side to great profit for himself

The good old, "If you disagree with the majority then you are thick" argument: quality.

For what it is worth, I don't hear anyone talking about this, either. The Celtic fans I know go on and on about Rangers being dead, it is a brand new club etc etc but not this issue.

The point made about the Paris attacks etc is not that great, in my opinion. I do hear people discussing this, at work, mates and in the pub.

Managed to miss this post.

Who said that like?

Firstly, I haven't actually offered my opinion, feel free to search.

I also didn't call anyone thick, I'm referring to Cj's position that the majority on here are too thick to be able to agree with him. He's said it numerous times, but glad you agree that it's contemptible

Ashley's going nowhere, as long as he owns the retail rights he will milk it till he gets what he wants, he's under no obligation to negotiate and I bet his contracts are waterproof.

The guys ruthless and a great businessman, just the man I'd like to see running rangers retail side to great profit for himself

Oh, I'm sure I read somewhere that he was having to re-negotiate all his contracts with Rangers, now where was it I read that again?   :whistling:

BRAVEHEART1874

Aye it only took 1 hour right enough since sevco are rolling in it ;)

I think that plan went out the window when resolution 10 failed judging by the way they are greeting about Malcolm Murray not voting maybe even foolishly hoped Ashley would not vote by saying you will get your money back tae :)

Imagine the fans seethe in February next year if they have to go cap in hand tae Ashley for more money like last time

BRAVEHEART1874

Oh, I'm sure I read somewhere that he was having to re-negotiate all his contracts with Rangers, now where was it I read that again?   :whistling:

Sure I read that tae can't remember if it was in the daily Rangers pretty sure it couldn't have been on here :whistling:

I P Knightley

Clubs wear either a star for every European trophy or one for every 10 domestic titles. I'm not sure if this is an official FIFA or UEFA rule or just an established but unofficial practice.

Man. City had 3 stars in their badge before this began. They don't signify the number of trophies won in the same way as those worn by other clubs.

I'm not aware of any other club that invokes the "10 domestic titles = 1 star" option. As far as I'm aware, Liverpool have no stars at all on their shirts. 

So, who plays this vanity and who doesn't? In fact, it's only because it's a vanity that I'd love Rangers to be docked a few domestic titles and have to Tippex out one of their stars.

Not only that, I imagine they're also firetight.

Whenever King makes a statement this image appears in my head. [emoji23]

4475a066b0cb1c3bfb1610ff186faa90.jpg

If Warburton were to go to one of the lower EPL or Championship clubs in the coming months, King could do worse than bringing in Stubbs. I'd bet they would see eye to eye on a number of matters.

I'm not aware of any other club that invokes the "10 domestic titles = 1 star" option. As far as I'm aware, Liverpool have no stars at all on their shirts.

So, who plays this vanity and who doesn't? In fact, it's only because it's a vanity that I'd love Rangers to be docked a few domestic titles and have to Tippex out one of their stars.

I know Man City's 3 stars are purely decorative, so I don't think there's any rule being broken

• Maple Leaf locked this topic