The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

What have you done to fight this terrible crime inflicted upon you (and many others on this thread) ?

Nothing other than post on a fans messageboard which simply proves my point .

90% of fans do not care one jot about title stripping etc........only those 10% who shout loudest care about the topic in any great detail and what upsets them even more is that very point being made just does not matter in the real world of football

No one chats about it in the pubs pre or post match, no one talks about it at half time and this irritates them as they are sure the whole world of Scottish football should be with them in their quest for justice.

Good luck to them in their 'Don Quixote' quest for the truth but in reality it's just a minor footnote in Scottish football history...even stripping of titles would count for nothing to most people and it would be met with a mere shrug of the shoulders to the vast majority of the footballing public.

CJCJ

To an extent I agree with you that people don't speak about it, but the reason for that is that so much information regarding Sevco/Rangers has simply been withheld from SMSM.

If the media were fair and balanced and reported the news!!

Then this would be more of a talking point other than mainly socia media and forums.

A majority of Hearts fans I know don't read this thread or other sources of information so when you talk about Sevco/Rangers they don't understand the complex story that has been unfolding over the last few years as its mostly been hidden from them.

If this was us we would have totally different back pages.

The simple fact is as it stands in law and by the SFAs own rules Rangers cheated.

Rangers asked a Glasgow based company in 2012 for a quote for a roof renovation and we're told it would cost them ?30k,they turned it down as it was too much money.

One thing's for sure, they (whether the council or RIFC) can ignore it now, as it's been shown and reported on live TV ...

Once again, there could be 1 person talking to themselves, it matters not a jot. If you don't register your players properly, your results are null and void. The numbers of people interested is an irrelevance to SFA rules. Were their players registered properly? What happens when players are not registered properly?

Wasting your time with your last 2 questions. They've been put to the poster by various people over the last few pages but he's avoiding answering.

Enough said.

Wasting your time with your last 2 questions. They've been put to the poster by various people over the last few pages but he's avoiding answering.

Enough said.

Maybe he's a politician.

CJCJ

To an extent I agree with you that people don't speak about it, but the reason for that is that so much information regarding Sevco/Rangers has simply been withheld from SMSM.

If the media were fair and balanced and reported the news!!

Then this would be more of a talking point other than mainly socia media and forums.

A majority of Hearts fans I know don't read this thread or other sources of information so when you talk about Sevco/Rangers they don't understand the complex story that has been unfolding over the last few years as its mostly been hidden from them.

If this was us we would have totally different back pages.

The simple fact is as it stands in law and by the SFAs own rules Rangers cheated.

I have to agree with you.

My brother-in-law is a dyed in the wool hun, yet he is mostly ignorant to what is actually going on at Ibrox most of the time, and the reason is he gets his information from the papers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised that there are tens of thousands of other Rangers fans and indeed fans of other clubs who only read the papers or TV and think that everything is just rosy in sevco land and also think that nobody has the appetite to strip the titles and all because they read it in the papers.

Thank goodness for threads like this and on other fans forums because the media want to bury this whole issue and the more we all talk about it makes that less and less likely that they can bury this.

Fulham looking at Warburton as new manager in the papers this morning. 

The thought of him leaving and Sevco failing to get promotion is mouthwatering...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34980312 

I see Stuart McCall is throwing his (predictable) tuppence worth in.  Claims Warburton would be mad to leave Rangers for Fulham, and should only be tempted to move South if a Premiership club came knocking.

But, assuming Warburton has ambitions to manage in the Premiership, wouldn't a move back South, even to the Championship, seem like a reasonable step to make?  It doesn't strike me that he is motivated by money, seeing as he gave up a lucrative career in the city to move into coaching, taking a massive pay cut in the bargain.  So he may be more swayed by how much Rangers provide him by way of increased budget, than any pay rise they offer him.

Toxteth O'Grady

If Fulham want him they will offer a bigger salary and transfer kitty than SEVCO. The BBC Scotland fanboys can say what they like but if a club like Fulham is serious he will be down the frog and toad.

Footballfirst

From Mark Warburton

Both bemused and frustrated by shockingly incorrect stories from certain media outlets. I am going nowhere and no club has approached me

So there has been no approach but he has been offered more money to stay and a transfer kitty. Someone is telling porkies.

Hypothetical question here if you can indlulge me: If HMRC decides to chase tax based on a retrospective loophole of paying lower tax through other EU states like Lithuania - would you expect Hearts to fight against the decision and stripping of 2006 and 2012 trophies. Or would the supporters want the trophies handed back in a more dignified manner?

FFS. Where are you getting the idea this is "retrospective" ?

HMRC started on football clubs eg Arsenal in 2005. And don't forget Rangers had their very own wee tax case - and after they got screwed over by HMRC for that they knew full well what was coming if HMRC ever uncovered their EBT scam.

HMRC started on Sevco a couple of years later. Sevco LIED about the existence of side letters (why ?) and CARRIED ON PAYING EBTS knowing HMRC were sniffing around. SEVCO then obstructed inquiries into their tax affairs and simply lied about what they had done (do you think lying to HMRC is a good idea ?).

Not only did they obstruct HMRC , Duff & Phelps deliberately failed to provide LNS with all relevant documents surrounding the side letters.

So can we stop any notion of poor old Rangers falling foul of a nasty taxman who is acting retrospectively.

Can we also stop distracting this thread in talking about title stripping. All that is needed and what we should be pushing for is for LNS to be chucked out (SPFL can do it if they want - or are pushed to do) and a fresh pair eyes to look at what the failure to properly register player REALLY means. If title stripping results then so be it.

Edited by 269miles

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I have to agree with you.

My brother-in-law is a dyed in the wool hun, yet he is mostly ignorant to what is actually going on at Ibrox most of the time, and the reason is he gets his information from the papers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised that there are tens of thousands of other Rangers fans and indeed fans of other clubs who only read the papers or TV and think that everything is just rosy in sevco land and also think that nobody has the appetite to strip the titles and all because they read it in the papers.

Thank goodness for threads like this and on other fans forums because the media want to bury this whole issue and the more we all talk about it makes that less and less likely that they can bury this.

Pretty accurate summation.

Rangers fans at work 'Disgraceful Lawwell is running Scottish football'

Lawwell is Celtic's CEO and their major shareholders place man.  Lawwell is on SFA and Reilly SPFL.

I don't know if Celtic have other placemen on committees but David Murray had direct placemen in Ogilvie (and indirectly too); Bain; McClelland; Dickson (and what a disgrace it is he is on the SPFL 'ethics' committee) with Smith, Longmuir and Ballantyne (whose club Murray famously said 'business is business') as key sympathisers and allies. 

Oh and chief Rangers sympathiser Sandy 'your registration can only be revoked if I knew at the time the player shouldn't have been registered, deliberately withholding information from me or not'

It's about as hypocritical as anyone who wants Rangers to be dealt with properly, is a 'bigot'

The key questions for Trigger if he ever comes back on are

'What would your view be if this whole charade had been played out in the East End of Glasgow?  And that of the wider Rangers fan base?'

Edited by DETTY29

I don't think the budge would go ahead and say we are playing at the tip she will do what she has done before and ask the fans their opinion,after all is that not what a well run club does

Real Madrid just kicked out of Copa Del Ray for fielding an ineligible player.

So if the Spanish FA can do it...

have they been kicked out? or are they under threat of it? also isn't the player the one who scored the first goal?

Rangers fans at work 'Disgraceful Lawwell is running Scottish football'

Lawwell is Celtic's CEO and their major shareholders place man.  Lawwell is on SFA and Reilly SPFL.

I don't know if Celtic have other placemen on committees but David Murray had direct placemen in Ogilvie (and indirectly too); Bain; McClelland; Dickson (and what a disgrace it is he is on the SPFL 'ethics' committee) with Smith, Longmuir and Ballantyne (whose club Murray famously said 'business is business') as key sympathisers and allies. 

Oh and chief Rangers sympathiser Sandy 'your registration can only be revoked if I knew at the time the player shouldn't have been registered, deliberately withholding information from me or not'

It's about as hypocritical as anyone who wants Rangers to be dealt with properly, is a 'bigot'

The key questions for Trigger if he ever comes back on are

'What would your view be if this whole charade had been played out in the East End of Glasgow?  And that of the wider Rangers fan base?'

Is this the same Lawell whose board ignored the UEFA licence issue with Rangers ?

But who where taken to task by Celtic shareholders who said as a business Celtic had been fkd over and that meant the SFA were answerable  ?

Strange how little publicity this is getting in the Glasgow media/

Edited by 269miles

e71b158cfec9085ede8076898289e6fd.jpg

e7c23efdae9f69e0ff146acf8e917494.jpg

Interest seems to be serious. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wasn't questioning the veracity of the interest, merely the sensational tone of the tweet. I've never, ever seen "BREAKING!" with an exclamation mark being used by the Sportsound account, or any other BBC twitter account for that matter. And the fact they've chucked in some remark about more cash and money to spend in January seems iffy at best. Seeing FF's post above with Warburton's tweet it would seem that someone is talking a load of cobblers.

The BBC reporting that the sun is shining at Ibrox when really it's pissing down? Surely not!

the biggest club in the world to be thrown out of cup for fielding ONE in-illedgible player, this story surely cant make the Scottish red tops after their support of the cheats. how do the GFA sweep this under the carpet.

Geoff Kilpatrick

the biggest club in the world to be thrown out of cup for fielding ONE in-illedgible player, this story surely cant make the Scottish red tops after their support of the cheats. how do the GFA sweep this under the carpet.

Um, it's quite simple. They say LNS dealt with it and the case is closed.

Um, it's quite simple. They say LNS dealt with it and the case is closed.

Pretty obvious now though that there has been a concerted effort to deny LNS all the available information, really making it and it's findings farcical.

Edited by Deevers

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pretty obvious now though that there has been a concerted effort to deny LNS all the available information, really making it and it's findings farcical.

Quite so. You think they give a toss about that though?

Quite so. You think they give a toss about that though?

Nah not really, they are not in the least interested. Though a full disclosure of who did what at that time would be interesting.

Footballfirst

Statement o'clock again.

Thursday, 03 December 2015, 16:30

by Rangers Football Club

FOLLOWING almost a week of speculation Rangers would like to make it absolutely clear that no clubs have been in touch seeking permission to speak with our manager Mark Warburton.

The club cannot prevent speculation but Rangers fans can be assured that Mark?s commitment to the job he has started with Rangers remains total, as he himself has already made clear

I wasn't questioning your post, merely showing another source saying the same thing ?. It looks too me like the sevco pr machine in full swing to put the fans minds at rest tbh. He'll be there at least till the summer I'd imagine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah sorry, crossed wires! Definitely someone talking bull there though, a payrise and "war chest" for the manager after no approach is made to lure him away. Aye, ok then!! :rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh

Real Madrid just kicked out of Copa Del Ray for fielding an ineligible player.

So if the Spanish FA can do it...

Oh the SFA can do it Boris. Just think of Livingston and Spartans for two.  They just won't do it to Rangers. 

Rangers case pair's ruling bid rejected :

Not on Herald website, that I can see, but it says on page 5 that Whitehouse and Clark's lawyers argued yesterday that Sheriff Sean Murphy (oh ... wait .. check the name..) gave the Crown three extra months to bring to court allegations against them.

They "failed to overturn a decision which allowed prosecutors more time .."

Ha ha, nice try, wrigglers, nae luck.

Malinga the Swinga

Confirmed now that Real Madrid expelled from Copa Del Rey for fielding ineligible player for 45 minutes. Looks like it is only in Scotland that clubs are allowed to cheat with impunity.

You would think when registration is such a big issue in football the authorities here would have made more of Rangers incorrectly registering their players for so long.

All results 3-0 defeats.

You would think when registration is such a big issue in football the authorities here would have made more of Rangers incorrectly registering their players for so long.

All results 3-0 defeats.

And it's exactly because it's Rangers that the corrupt SFA won't do anything unless they are forced to.

I wonder if this had been some 'diddy' team like Spartans for example what would have happened to them?  Would the SFA throw them out of a competition? Oh, wait they've already done that?

I also wonder if that same 'diddy' team had been playing incorrectly registered players for a decade just what sort of punishment the SFA would have dished out.

Licence revoked or if they were lucky playing in some Sunday school team league in the 17th tier of Scottish Football.

If Spartans had incorrectly registered their players for 10 years they would have been kicked out of football.

And anyone associated with it banned for life. And probably the people at the SFA responsible for registrations sacked as well.

Edited by Mikey1874

If Spartans had incorrectly registered their players for 10 years they would have been kicked out of football.

And anyone associated with it banned for life. And probably the people at the SFA responsible for registrations sacked as well.

Yeh, that's what I was kinda thinking.

But of course out esteemed football administrators apply all the rules 'Without fear or favour'.  

Won't they?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Target reached in 40 minutes. Shows the level of interest in these trials. [emoji3]

Nonsense, our foremost poster on all things Ibrox related assured us, just the other day, after conducting a very rigorous survey, that there was very little interest amongst Scottish football supporters in the 10 years of cheating, and sundry other wrongdoings, surounding those two clubs from Govan.

Nonsense, our foremost poster on all things Ibrox related assured us, just the other day, after conducting a very rigorous survey, that there was very little interest amongst Scottish football supporters in the 10 years of cheating, and sundry other wrongdoings, surounding those two clubs from Govan.

We really should all just draw a line under this.  Rangers are clearly a much bigger club than diddy wee teams like Spartans, Livingston and Real Madrid, who deserve all they get for their shameful cheating.

What's the chances he/she has pledged!! ;)

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I'd think somewhere between nil and zero ;)

Before commenting, I suspect he will wait until it's covered by a rag that will give their court report a good spin and tell it's readers next to nothing, rather like they did with Resolution 10 at the AGM. This will, indeed, be the proof that no one's all that interested with the only verbatim report coming from a freelance Celtic supporting journalist.

Good luck to everyone investigating the case and I hope that matters are concluded swiftly but if you bothered to actually read what was written by me and not in your fevered imaginations you will see that I am simply stating that in my opinion the vast majority of the footballing public don't really care. That's my opinion and I believe some on here simply ignore what is clearly the opinion of the majority of the general footballing public.. indifference to the matter.

Now what I would like to happen is totally different as I hope the investigation leads to action but I doubt it and that's the point being made.

Pledges on the internet simply prove my point that those who are interested to a greater extent will keep this going and good luck to them but I seriously doubt it will change anything but you never know.

Good luck to everyone investigating the case and I hope that matters are concluded swiftly but if you bothered to actually read what was written by me and not in your fevered imaginations you will see that I am simply stating that in my opinion the vast majority of the footballing public don't really care. That's my opinion and I believe some on here simply ignore what is clearly the opinion of the majority of the general footballing public.. indifference to the matter.

Now what I would like to happen is totally different as I hope the investigation leads to action but I doubt it and that's the point being made.

Pledges on the internet simply prove my point that those who are interested to a greater extent will keep this going and good luck to them but I seriously doubt it will change anything but you never know.

Subjective claptrap. Most fans I know want them hammered.

Good luck to everyone investigating the case and I hope that matters are concluded swiftly but if you bothered to actually read what was written by me and not in your fevered imaginations you will see that I am simply stating that in my opinion the vast majority of the footballing public don't really care. That's my opinion and I believe some on here simply ignore what is clearly the opinion of the majority of the general footballing public.. indifference to the matter.

The majority of 'real' fans (not glory hunting OF fans) want Rankers to be buried with all their baggage as low down as we can dig.

Edited by Independence

Funny that it's hardly talked about in the pubs, at the match or elsewhere except on the various club internet sites where interest is higher than the average fan and let's be honest they do not represent or always reflect the majority of the fans who actually attend matches.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who do you want hammered?

The old club are dead. Stamping on their grave is futile. What people should want is change in the authorities for the special treatment they were given.

Hackney Hearts

I believe some on here simply ignore what is clearly the opinion of the majority of the general footballing public.. indifference to the matter.

I think in many cases you may be confusing indifference with ignorance.  I would contend that a large part of the general footballing public (perhaps even the majority you speak of) are confused about or unaware of what exactly has gone on - precisely because they rely on the MSM, the TV or papers for their information. It is the the ongoing campaign of misinformation on the part of our authorities and media that have created this ignorance. TBH, this actually distresses me more than what Rangers did.

If every fan was allowed to watch a comprehensive un-censored documentary on the events surrounding the Rangers issue (hello Alex Thomson?), and had to vote to express their opinion at the end - I don't think "indifferent" would be in the majority.

Who do you want hammered?

The old club are dead. Stamping on their grave is futile. What people should want is change in the authorities for the special treatment they were given.

Can't disagree with that.

I think in many cases you may be confusing indifference with ignorance. I would contend that a large part of the general footballing public (perhaps even the majority you speak of) are confused about or unaware of what exactly has gone on - precisely because they rely on the MSM, the TV or papers for their information. It is the the ongoing campaign of misinformation on the part of our authorities and media that have created this ignorance. TBH, this actually distresses me more than what Rangers did.

If every fan was allowed to watch a comprehensive un-censored documentary on the events surrounding the Rangers issue (hello Alex Thomson?), and had to vote to express their opinion at the end - I don't think "indifferent" would be in the majority.

Yep, bang on

• Maple Leaf locked this topic