The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 8m8 minutes ago

Dave King has arrived at London's Royal Court of Justice

I wonder if the very same Mr KIng follows the rules laid down by HMRC about being a tax exile. Surprised none of our wonderful press people have never picked up on this (as if they would especially in Scotland).

http://www.taxcafe.co.uk/resources/howtobecomeataxexile.html

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 25m25 minutes ago

SD counsel asks for part of hearing to be heard in private to preserve confidentiality

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 23m23 minutes ago

Judge suggesrs press will have to sign confidentiality agreement not to discuss certain documents

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 9m9 minutes ago

Proposal is press sign a confidentiality agreement over certain documents

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 1m1 minute ago

Judge passes confidentiality order. Tells press we will go to jail if we break it.

haha in the context of the trial, that's comical

Edited by Feeno

marshallschunkychicken

SD counsel asks for part of hearing to be heard in private to preserve confidentiality

Judge suggesrs press will have to sign confidentiality agreement not to discuss certain documents

Judge passes confidentiality order. Tells press we will go to jail if we break it.

Indeed. What are the bets he finds that King has broken the confidentiality order, then fails to send him to jail.

Did anyone read the Regan article on the BBC site this morning where he plays down the five way agreement as nothing to get overly concerned about?

How stupid is that? So the journalists are allowed to hear the info but not allowed to divulge it. WTF is the difference between that and clearing them out and having some things aired in private?

Looks very much to me that this Judge is well and truly favouring King, looking at some of his comments.

Judge notes that King is a "successful businessman" and sending him to prison would have 'serious consequences'

Where did they get this Judge from South Africa?

Judge notes that email alone is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt although his affadavit may be "difficult to accept"

How stupid is that? So the journalists are allowed to hear the info but not allowed to divulge it. WTF is the difference between that and clearing them out and having some things aired in private?

Seems the judge is being a contrary **** towards the SD counsel

Looks very much to me that this Judge is well and truly favouring King, looking at some of his comments.

Judge notes that King is a "successful businessman" and sending him to prison would have 'serious consequences'

That's a pretty opinionated comment from a judge! You do wonder sometimes...

Did anyone read the Regan article on the BBC site this morning where he plays down the five way agreement as nothing to get overly concerned about?

What do you expect from Regan. Remeber King just paid him a visit recently but it was just to introduce himself and have an informal chat.

No doubt he would be briefing Regan on what to say to the media when this case came to court.

Regan probably served his apprenticeship under Blatter!!! :sunny:

Seems the judge is being a contrary **** towards the SD counsel

It certainly looks good for King the way he is reacting to SD Councel at the moment.

That's a pretty opinionated comment from a judge! You do wonder sometimes...

Surely the judge should first and foremost determine if he is or has broken the law. If he has then that is the time to consider extenuating circumstances and that would affect any sentence given.

What do you expect from Regan. Remeber King just paid him a visit recently but it was just to introduce himself and have an informal chat.

No doubt he would be briefing Regan on what to say to the media when this case came to court.

Regan probably served his apprenticeship under Blatter!!! :sunny:

It was remarkably good timing for Richard Wilson to interview him and give him the opportunity to speak so 'glibly' about such a trivial wee incident.

This Judge clearly has it in for SD adn Ashley.

If you want an injunction you have to come here with clean hands" judge tells counsel for Sports Direct

Seymour M Hersh

Surely "His Lordship's" comments are leaving a door the size of Australia open for SD to appeal if unsuccessful. Or maybe the Judge will be a dick as well when King's Solicitor/QC or whatever stands up.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

That's Mr judge to you!

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  45s45 seconds ago

Judge: Natural remedy for any breach of contract is damages. SD: I have to differ in your view. Judge: You show me authority.

Had to LOL at that one. Levy the fine on Sevco ?(apparently not , from what I've seen on TSFM , briefs doing their best to absolve

the Sevco board). Which leaves us with the scenario of a SA resident being fined damages ? And the chances of that ever being paid ?

I suppose you could say the same for any fines/damages imposed on Sevco too ?

Interesting stuff though.

You need to remember that SD's counsel gets to speak without interruption from King's counsel, so it is perfectly common for the judge to ask searching questions.It is likely to be much the same when King's counsel starts .

...a bit disco

Judge: You want me to punish him for being in flagrant breach of the court order? SD: Yes.

SD: Mr King liaised with Rangers press team before interview. He said things to Sky which were expressly prohibited by injunction.

Edited by ...a bit disco

...a bit disco

Counsel for SD tells court "this was an interview he arranged, the injunction meant he could not comment at all"

King's affadavit says "I cannot recall if all the quotes in the article were made by me"

...a bit disco

Judge: This would all be resolved by you putting Mr King in the box, whites of the eyes, and ask if what the journalist said was true.

Judge: have you contacted the journalist? SD: Not as far as I am aware. Judge: Why not? Perfect piece of evidence.

1 minute ago

alwaysthereinspirit

Counsel for SD tells court "this was an interview he arranged, the injunction meant he could not comment at all"

King's affadavit says "I cannot recall if all the quotes in the article were made by me"

"any quotes that could get me in trouble are not by me"

...a bit disco

"any quotes that could get me in trouble are not by me"

The Neil Lennon Defence.

'Wisnae me.'

• Maple Leaf locked this topic