The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

What have you done to fight this terrible crime inflicted upon you (and many others on this thread) ?

Nothing other than post on a fans messageboard which simply proves my point .

90% of fans do not care one jot about title stripping etc........only those 10% who shout loudest care about the topic in any great detail and what upsets them even more is that very point being made just does not matter in the real world of football

No one chats about it in the pubs pre or post match, no one talks about it at half time and this irritates them as they are sure the whole world of Scottish football should be with them in their quest for justice.

Good luck to them in their 'Don Quixote' quest for the truth but in reality it's just a minor footnote in Scottish football history...even stripping of titles would count for nothing to most people and it would be met with a mere shrug of the shoulders to the vast majority of the footballing public.

It seems irrelevant who's chatting about it. What's this foggy line you're plying now?

Just apply the rules, sir. There's no need for debates. Apply the rules. Unless you're the sole member of the Sandy Bryson Hearts Supporters Club.

It's funny, I don't see Rangers viewing the stripping of titles as a footnote if their recent statements were anything to go by.

Apply the rules. No need for pub chat, pub debate. The issue is so cut and dried it's very embarrassing. Does the sport lol no credit.

Edited by Riccarton3

Private Womble

It's taken me a while to catch up to where we are here, so my apologies.

I don't want to sound facetious, but were Rangers really run worse financially than we were under Vlad? We were in the main, quite lucky that we "avoided" tax by putting players through Kaunas rather than onto an EBT scheme in my view. What if someone or something rules in favour retrospectively on that? Do we have to give 2006 and 2012 back?

Football is a dirty business, a little like financial services also is and well...all of the Mary Shelley-inspired nature of modern capitalism. Nothing in broader society suggests football should live in a bubble of "absolute" fairness. Look at the way the big F1 manufacturers use their clout to effect custom teams. Everything is a reflection on modern society - so why do people hold Rangers up to the "paragon of virtue" standards that ourselves as a football club or broader society can't satisfy either?

Rangers had to start from scratch with a new club in the bottom division. Surely that's enough to satisfy the Hearts fans lust for revenge? Especially after the sh1t our mercurial leader put us through with his dodgy dealings.

Anyway, just some general musings to throw into the fire. I know for some of you guys it's more of a hobby now, and at times it's interesting but not for me, i'm afraid.

The fanaticism of Rangers from some is getting in the way of the real story of the authorities failure to govern the game. Rangers have had their just deserts as much as football club can have one. Perhaps it's time time shift the spotlight onto the governing authorities of the game? Or are some enjoying their own misplaced righteousness over Rangers a little too much?

Apologies for spellings or grammatical errors.

It's taken me a while to catch up to where we are here, so my apologies.

I don't want to sound facetious, but were Rangers really run worse financially than we were under Vlad? We were in the main, quite lucky that we "avoided" tax by putting players through Kaunas rather than onto an EBT scheme in my view. What if someone or something rules in favour retrospectively on that? Do we have to give 2006 and 2012 back?

Football is a dirty business, a little like financial services also is and well...all of the Mary Shelley-inspired nature of modern capitalism. Nothing in broader society suggests football should live in a bubble of "absolute" fairness. Look at the way the big F1 manufacturers use their clout to effect custom teams. Everything is a reflection on modern society - so why do people hold Rangers up to the "paragon of virtue" standards that ourselves as a football club or broader society can't satisfy either?

Rangers had to start from scratch with a new club in the bottom division. Surely that's enough to satisfy the Hearts fans lust for revenge? Especially after the sh1t our mercurial leader put us through with his dodgy dealings.

Anyway, just some general musings to throw into the fire. I know for some of you guys it's more of a hobby now, and at times it's interesting but not for me, i'm afraid.

The fanaticism of Rangers from some is getting in the way of the real story of the authorities failure to govern the game. Rangers have had their just deserts as much as football club can have one. Perhaps it's time time shift the spotlight onto the governing authorities of the game? Or are some enjoying their own misplaced righteousness over Rangers a little too much?

It's quite simple. For our authorities to regain any ground, it would have a negative and natural impact on rangers. REVENGE? An unnecessarily emotive word. Justice would suit better. For all. And that is achieved by applying rules.

Private Womble

It's quite simple. For our authorities to regain any ground, it would have a negative and natural impact on rangers. REVENGE? An unnecessarily emotive word. Justice would suit better. For all. And that is achieved by applying rules.

Hypothetical question here if you can indlulge me: If HMRC decides to chase tax based on a retrospective loophole of paying lower tax through other EU states like Lithuania - would you expect Hearts to fight against the decision and stripping of 2006 and 2012 trophies. Or would the supporters want the trophies handed back in a more dignified manner?

Edited by Private Womble

Hypothetical question here if you can indlulge me: If HMRC decides to chase tax based on a retrospective loophole of paying lower tax through other EU states like Lithuania - would you expect Hearts to fight against the decision and stripping of 2006 and 2012 trophies. Or would the supporters want the trophies handed back in a more dignified manner?

HMRC did decide to hit us with a bill for that tax, and we paid up.

Private Womble

HMRC did decide to hit us with a bill for that tax, and we paid up.

Fair cop. So it's on public record therefore that we had an unfair sporting advantage at that time?

Edited by Private Womble

Fair cop. So it's on public record therefore that we had an unfair sporting advantage at that time?

Our players were registered correctly. Our results are legit. Rangers ones weren't registered correctly. All their results are void.

But not in the showbiz world of the SFA. Without fear of favour. What a quaint notion.

No. We openly used a system that was in place and did so in full view and scrutiny. HMRC decided to challenge the tax we paid, as they thought it should have been paid here instead of in Lithuania. When they hit us with the bill, we were advised that it was pointless fighting it, so we paid up. Rangers set out to pay players through a scheme that didn't leave them liable to tax payments and in order to convince those players to sign up, they gave them secret second contracts that were hidden from the governing body. The two situations are totally beyond comparison.

Seymour M Hersh

Perhaps it isn't about punishment or title stripping, rather the perception that justice has not been done.

This lot will be back in the Premier League next season and will benefit from the same grace and favour they seem to have already benefited from courtesy of those who run our game.

In other words, it's not really about Rangers anymore.  The target now should be the footballing authorities who allowed this to happen, who did nothing about it when it did happen and what they did do seems to have compounded matters in the eyes of many supporters.  The collusion between the authorities and Rangers seems to be quite apparent.  Everything was done at all costs to help them survive and survive in a manner that benefited them, but in the skewed view of the authorities this ultimately means what is good for Rangers is good for Scottish football.

An opportunity to cleanse our game of the apparatchiks in all areas of the administration and runing of our game, but the OF blinkers won't allow it.

Absolutely correct Boris. What is most annoying to me (and I'm sure many others) is, yet again, the SFA/SPFL are awol in their duty of care towards the integrity of the game in Scotland. And yet again it's 1 team and 1 team only that's being treated differently from the rest, although I'm sure if the other cheek was in trouble they get the same preferential treatment.

Maybe impossible I know but if the appeal is lost then the authorities are found to be complicit in any cheating then all fans groups should take a class action on behalf of all fans who were cheated out of a level playing field,I think even the threat of this would make sure justice would be assured ie titles stripped and resignations or even jail time for those involved.They all should pay for their criminal behaviour

That money's owed almost exclusively to their owner, who's said he'll write it all off if he's happy with whoever buys them

So one man is responsible for the existence of a club with a massive debt and a 16,000 average attendance.

Sound familiar ?

It should NEVER be possible for this situation to occur

https://liamsmithlaw.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/the-bundesliga-business-model-an-analysis-of-its-success-and-how-other-leagues-can-take-lessons/

The regulation and governance of the league and the clubs is at the forefront of ensuring financial stability and promoting growth. Ownership structure rules in the Bundesliga are more tightly regulated than in the Premier League and this is highlighted as a contributing factor to the league?s profitability[10]. The Bundesliga assesses each clubs? fitness to practice at the end of the each season and one of the key areas is financial competence[11].  Should a club pass the test then they are granted a license to play in the upcoming season. Failure to pass will result in a club not being allowed to enter the league. Further regulations state that a club must hold the controlling stake and an investor cannot own more than 49%. There are some exceptions on the basis of customs and traditions but for the most part this rule is non-negotiable. Even the titans of the league like Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are subject to these ownership rules. Such a strict regulation is put in place to ensure those in charge of clubs do not take excessive risks which could lead to debt. Fundamentally it is about instilling notions of stability and integrity within German football.

i wish jj was my dad

What have you done to fight this terrible crime inflicted upon you (and many others on this thread) ?

Nothing other than post on a fans messageboard which simply proves my point .

90% of fans do not care one jot about title stripping etc........only those 10% who shout loudest care about the topic in any great detail and what upsets them even more is that very point being made just does not matter in the real world of football

No one chats about it in the pubs pre or post match, no one talks about it at half time and this irritates them as they are sure the whole world of Scottish football should be with them in their quest for justice.

Good luck to them in their 'Don Quixote' quest for the truth but in reality it's just a minor footnote in Scottish football history...even stripping of titles would count for nothing to most people and it would be met with a mere shrug of the shoulders to the vast majority of the footballing public.

Precisely what do you think the normal punter can do when the authorities, MSM and their useful idiots are so determined to 'move on'?

I'm not going to start writing letters to Holyrood or go on hunger strike but social media is the reason why it is difficult for them to make the story go away.  Jim Traynor's meltdown in his final column at the Daily Rag admitted as much.  If we had all 'moved on' in 2012 like Doncaster and Regan wanted us to do, then they would have just parachuted the new club into the Premier League because they believed that maintaining the status quo/duopoly was more important than any nonsense about sporting integrity.

I couldn't care less about stripping titles or punishing the new company for the dodgy practices that they were employing. But I do want to shine a light on the dodgy practices being employed at Hampden.  For what it's worth, I expect our current chairperson to be asking the awkward questions rather than just 'moving on'.        

Precisely what do you think the normal punter can do when the authorities, MSM and their useful idiots are so determined to 'move on'?

I'm not going to start writing letters to Holyrood or go on hunger strike but social media is the reason why it is difficult for them to make the story go away. Jim Traynor's meltdown in his final column at the Daily Rag admitted as much. If we had all 'moved on' in 2012 like Doncaster and Regan wanted us to do, then they would have just parachuted the new club into the Premier League because they believed that maintaining the status quo/duopoly was more important than any nonsense about sporting integrity.

I couldn't care less about stripping titles or punishing the new company for the dodgy practices that they were employing. But I do want to shine a light on the dodgy practices being employed at Hampden. For what it's worth, I expect our current chairperson to be asking the awkward questions rather than just 'moving on'.

. Spot on

So does this not affect the ?5m loan to repay SD as i was under the impression that the loan would be converted to shares at a later date rather than paid back but if they cant issue new shares? 

However i may have the complete wrong end of the stick.

I believe they can still issue new shares, they just have to allow all shareholders the right to take up their pro-rata share of any new issue.  That would defeat the purpose of the resolution, which was to allow the concert party to increase their overall holdings at the expense of other shareholders, who would see their holdings diluted.

The SFA and SPFL really just represent the clubs.

These clubs haven't made any significant change since Rangers went bust and would've happily shoehorned the new Rangers straight back to the top league.

If you feel strongly enough, raise it at our own AGM and see what happens.

Absolutely correct Boris. What is most annoying to me (and I'm sure many others) is, yet again, the SFA/SPFL are awol in their duty of care towards the integrity of the game in Scotland. And yet again it's 1 team and 1 team only that's being treated differently from the rest, although I'm sure if the other cheek was in trouble they get the same preferential treatment.

It was a good post apart from the bit where Boris said they will be back,back to where they've never been.

The SFA and SPFL really just represent the clubs.

These clubs haven't made any significant change since Rangers went bust and would've happily shoehorned the new Rangers straight back to the top league.

If you feel strongly enough, raise it at our own AGM and see what happens.

Good post,it will be hot as hell on Thurstay if it is brought up.

Good post,it will be hot as hell on Thurstay if it is brought up.

Might just do that and see where the club goes with it.

Rangers v Dumbarton is suspended at halftime as bits of the roof are hanging off !!

Ibrox is beginning to fall apart ....

looks like the stadium is falling to bits as well second half of tonights game held up as fans are moved as a piece of the roof above them is hanging down

Diadora Van Basten

Rangers v Dumbarton is suspended at halftime as bits of the roof are hanging off !!

Ibrox is beginning to fall apart ....

King might have to make another phone call.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

.........and Holt scores again!

I've just switched Radio Scotland off.  If it had been Rangers TV, it couldn't have been any more sycophantic than that commentary.

(Thinks: "Sycophantic?  Psycho fan 'Tic?  It all makes sense....").

So a Hearts fan is using an argument that Hibs fuds tried to stitch us up with to support Rangers being treated leniently??

Jesus Christ- twisted.

Edited by Jammy T

Malinga the Swinga

So a Hearts fan is using an argument that Hibs fuds tried to stitch us up with to support Rangers being treated leniently??

Jesus Christ- twisted.

As Tom Jones would say, 'it's not unusual'. CJGJ has supported Rangers consistently over past year or so and would be quite happy for them to be up challenging Celtic for league next year because they have been punished enough, or tat least, that is what comes over in his post.

Forgive and forget and move on so they can resume the Old Firm rivalry. After all, everyone apart from a few on here agree with him apparently.

As Tom Jones would say, 'it's not unusual'. CJGJ has supported Rangers consistently over past year or so and would be quite happy for them to be up challenging Celtic for league next year because they have been punished enough, or tat least, that is what comes over in his post.

Forgive and forget and move on so they can resume the Old Firm rivalry. After all, everyone apart from a few on here agree with him apparently.

Not that old chestnut.

Opinions are allowed in a free society and that includes Kickback.

I'm no Rangers fan but will point out to those who seem desperate to go overboard that matters are not as clear cut as they seem to think.......because of that those who hold strong opinions and seem to brook no discussion have to bring up the 'if you're not with us you're against us' chat.

For example you dare to be honest and tell them that the vast majority of football fans really don't care about title stripping etc and lo and behold look what happens. 

Not one of my friends (and those who sit beside me at Tynecastle....I actually attend unlike some on here)  who support various clubs really cares about the matter and yet we are told by some it's vital to the future of Scottish football.  It's not and that is the reality in the real world . It may seem harsh but better someone points it out than the delusion continues.

If they really care then we will surely see the 'Hearts against SFA' banners with hundreds in attendance outside Hampden shortly

I hope Rangers are not promoted, I hope finances dictate they will remain weak for some time to come but I won't delude myself by pretending they are not still a big club in Scotland and that I think they will get promoted......just an opinion mind.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

For the record I want rangers to have any titles or cups during those 10 years scrubbed as a result of not only fielding incorrectly registered players but then also cover it up. 5 golden stars they wear above the club badge but one of those stars should be black and continuing to allow it without the relevant action is laughing in the face of every club that scrutinised, checked and rechecked their own players registration documents so not to fall foul of the rules.

10 years playing rangers teams that contained falsely registered players meant (bare with me here and this is based on loose figures) 10 times 2 home games per season times ?25 per ticket totals ?500 per supporter. Now if you had been told before hand that rangers would be allowed to get an unfair sporting advantage by fielding many players they couldn't normally afford and we're breaking rules in doing so how many of those 20 home games would you have wasted your time, effort and money to attend?

Bitter? Yes a bit

Looking to be compensated for my losses? No

Wanting each rangers victory voided from the record books where they fielded a player that had deliberately been fraudulently registered to gain a sporting advantage? Yes, at the very least.

Wanting the SFA to actually grow a pair and show that corruption in our game will not be tolerated? Think I'm going too far now.

Edited by Maroon tinted glasses 2

For the record I want rangers to have any titles or cups during those 10 years scrubbed as a result of not only fielding incorrectly registered players but then also cover it up. 5 golden stars they wear above the club badge but one of those stars should be black and continuing to allow it without the relevant action is laughing in the face of every club that scrutinised, checked and rechecked their own players registration documents so not to fall foul of the rules.

10 years playing rangers teams that contained falsely registered players meant (bare with me here and this is based on loose figures) 10 times 2 home games per season times ?25 per ticket totals ?500 per supporter. Now if you had been told before hand that rangers would be allowed to get an unfair sporting advantage by fielding many players they couldn't normally afford and we're breaking rules in doing so how many of those 20 home games would you have wasted your time, effort and money to attend?

Bitter? Yes a bit

Wanting each rangers victory voided from the record books where they fielded a player that had deliberately been fraudulently registered to gain a sporting advantage? Yes, at the very least.

Wanting the SFA to actually grow a pair and show that corruption in our game will not be tolerated? Think I'm going too far now.

Well put.

looks like the stadium is falling to bits as well second half of tonights game held up as fans are moved as a piece of the roof above them is hanging down

No-one even knows who owns the stadium and now its falling apart.

Tragic club. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Well said.

Bitter? Yes a bit

Well said.

Edited by AllyjamboDerbyshire

For example you dare to be honest and tell them that the vast majority of football fans really don't care about title stripping etc 

Perhaps the vast majority with whom you come into contact...I don't see how you can make that claim on any other basis.

How the hell do you move 50,000 fans to already occupied seats???  Oh wait ...

Not that old chestnut.

I'm no Rangers fan but will point out to those who seem desperate to go overboard that matters are not as clear cut as they seem to think.......because of that those who hold strong opinions and seem to brook no discussion have to bring up the 'if you're not with us you're against us' chat.

For example you dare to be honest and tell them that the vast majority of football fans really don't care about title stripping etc and lo and behold look what happens.

Not one of my friends (and those who sit beside me at Tynecastle....I actually attend unlike some on here) who support various clubs really cares about the matter and yet we are told by some it's vital to the future of Scottish football. It's not and that is the reality in the real world . It may seem harsh but better someone points it out than the delusion continues.

If they really care then we will surely see the 'Hearts against SFA' banners with hundreds in attendance outside Hampden shortly

I hope Rangers are not promoted, I hope finances dictate they will remain weak for some time to come but I won't delude myself by pretending they are not still a big club in Scotland and that I think they will get promoted......just an opinion mind.

Once again, there could be 1 person talking to themselves, it matters not a jot. If you don't register your players properly, your results are null and void. The numbers of people interested is an irrelevance to SFA rules. Were their players registered properly? What happens when players are not registered properly?

Once again, there could be 1 person talking to themselves, it matters not a jot. If you don't register your players properly, your results are null and void. The numbers of people interested is an irrelevance to SFA rules. Were their players registered properly? What happens when players are not registered properly?

Correct. I suspect a massively larger number of fans could not care less about Dunfermline's or Spartan's minor registration error. Theu still got the punishment, though. In Rangers' case, it was not minor, and it was not an error - it was deliberate. David Murray knew what he was doing, and went against warnings given to him to benefit Rangers, and his ego.

Not that old chestnut.

Not one of my friends (and those who sit beside me at Tynecastle....I actually attend unlike some on here) who support various clubs really cares about the matter and yet we are told by some it's vital to the future of Scottish football. It's not and that is the reality in the real world . It may seem harsh but better someone points it out than the delusion continues.

If they really care then we will surely see the 'Hearts against SFA' banners with hundreds in attendance outside Hampden shortly

:laugh:

I honestly don't think you can tell the difference between facts and your own guesswork!

Everyone else is daring to give their opinion too, get over it

This is an actual tweet from an actual BBC account. Incredible! This must be the hand of Richard Wilson. From BBC sportsound account:

BREAKING NEWS! @rangersfc aware of Fulham's interest in manager Mark Warburton. Club offer increased salary and transfer pot to keep him

I'm glad that Glasgow City Council have taken interest in the safety of people visiting Ibrox. That cladding appeared to be very close to falling; the weight, cross-section when falling from a vertical position and the distance covered before hitting whatever was below it would have, in all likelihood, seriously injured or killed someone in a packed section of the ground. 

It has been common knowledge that Ibrox is in desperate need of repairs for years, even Rangers staff have admitted it (usually when taking over and slagging off whoever didn't deal with it before). Why haven't the SFA/SPFL enforced a thorough inspection and urgent (section-closing) repairs? The answer to that question is that SFA club licensing rules (and bear in mind Ibrox is "Gold 6 star" according to the SFA!) pass the responsibility of safety onto the local council or fire brigade. Another case of ducking responsibility by those in charge of the game.

But wait...

Appendix IX of Club Licensing is an example job description for the Safety Officer (for members to use when recruiting for their club) - it clearly states (amongst other things) the Safety Officer should:

• Carryout a pre-event ?walk? inspection of the Stadium to allow the signing off of the Event Checklist to be presented to the Match Commander. Where concerned about any specific item, e.g., combustible material, potential missiles, condition or location of fire extinguishers, etc. it should be highlighted to the relevant member of staff for remedial action prior to the event.
  • Maintain full membership of the Football Safety Officer Association (Scotland)
  • Have or be working towards a level 4 spectator safety qualification

There's a problem with the above (apart from the failure of Ibrox staff to spot the issue before the game - or prevent it):

The Football Safety Officer Association (Scotland) has invalid membership rules, so ALL Safety Officers are technically not qualified members -

"To qualify for membership of the Association the individual must:

a) Be currently engaged in football safety and security as a Safety Officer a Deputy or Assistant Safety Officer and employed by a Club recognised by the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and the Scottish Premier League (SPL) and the Scottish Football Leagues (SFL) or other licensed sports venue."

I know this is a technicality (as the SPFL is the new combined body, and isn't listed) but it points to the lack of attention to detail from our governing bodies. They are clowns and we should be pressuring all Scottish clubs to appoint SFA/SPFL executives who's CV's don't appeal to circus owners.

Back to Rangers, their average crowd means that a significant percentage of the stadium would need to be deemed unsafe before they couldn't offer all fans somewhere to sit whilst repairs are done. Surely, given that they are likely to have larger crowds next season (for at least some matches), the time to fix it is now (well, ages ago). From a practical standpoint it suits Rangers to do it now (apart from the cash) and from a safety point of view it should be enforced by those "in charge" of Scottish Football.

Should Rangers be fined? Should they be forced to close sections of Ibrox until they are deemed safe (as it's now too risky to take their word for it)? Will the authorities do anything apart from let the council deal with it?

Fulham looking at Warburton as new manager in the papers this morning. 

The thought of him leaving and Sevco failing to get promotion is mouthwatering...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34980312 

On the subject of Warburton, I hear that he was physically ejected from the Easter Road boardroom on the occasion of Rangers last defeat there. Foul and abusive language and refused to stop apparently.

Fulham looking at Warburton as new manager in the papers this morning. 

The thought of him leaving and Sevco failing to get promotion is mouthwatering...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34980312 

It's in the Rangers papers you mean. Seriously,there's as much chance of being the first Englishman on Mars,Fulham have laughed at the story saying they're not interested......but hey,it sells papers.

Meanwhile here comes HMRC......

SPFL sponsor Ladbrokes has lost their court challenge of a ?54million bill for tax avoidance.

The bookies admitted they did attempt to avoid tax using a 2008 scheme which saw the group manipulate a fall in the share value of one of their companies to create a loss in another for tax purposes.

Despite Ladbrokes arguing that they were not caught by anti-avoidance rules, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) successfully contended that their attempt to avoid Corporation Tax was barred by law.

The First-tier Tribunal ruled in HMRC's favour and now the high street chain are unable to reclaim the ?54m tax from the 2008 scheme, reports mynewsdesk.com.

HMRC?s Director General of Business Tax, Jim Harra, said: ?Avoidance just doesn?t pay ? we win around 80 per cent of cases taxpayers choose to litigate and many more concede before litigation. We will uncover the avoidance schemes and contrived structures designed to minimise tax and we will challenge them.

I'm glad that Glasgow City Council have taken interest in the safety of people visiting Ibrox. That cladding appeared to be very close to falling; the weight, cross-section when falling from a vertical position and the distance covered before hitting whatever was below it would have, in all likelihood, seriously injured or killed someone in a packed section of the ground. 

It has been common knowledge that Ibrox is in desperate need of repairs for years, even Rangers staff have admitted it (usually when taking over and slagging off whoever didn't deal with it before). Why haven't the SFA/SPFL enforced a thorough inspection and urgent (section-closing) repairs? The answer to that question is that SFA club licensing rules (and bear in mind Ibrox is "Gold 6 star" according to the SFA!) pass the responsibility of safety onto the local council or fire brigade. Another case of ducking responsibility by those in charge of the game.

But wait...

Appendix IX of Club Licensing is an example job description for the Safety Officer (for members to use when recruiting for their club) - it clearly states (amongst other things) the Safety Officer should:

• Carryout a pre-event ?walk? inspection of the Stadium to allow the signing off of the Event Checklist to be presented to the Match Commander. Where concerned about any specific item, e.g., combustible material, potential missiles, condition or location of fire extinguishers, etc. it should be highlighted to the relevant member of staff for remedial action prior to the event.
  • Maintain full membership of the Football Safety Officer Association (Scotland)
  • Have or be working towards a level 4 spectator safety qualification
There's a problem with the above (apart from the failure of Ibrox staff to spot the issue before the game - or prevent it):

The Football Safety Officer Association (Scotland) has invalid membership rules, so ALL Safety Officers are technically not qualified members -

"To qualify for membership of the Association the individual must:

a) Be currently engaged in football safety and security as a Safety Officer a Deputy or Assistant Safety Officer and employed by a Club recognised by the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and the Scottish Premier League (SPL) and the Scottish Football Leagues (SFL) or other licensed sports venue."

I know this is a technicality (as the SPFL is the new combined body, and isn't listed) but it points to the lack of attention to detail from our governing bodies. They are clowns and we should be pressuring all Scottish clubs to appoint SFA/SPFL executives who's CV's don't appeal to circus owners.

Back to Rangers, their average crowd means that a significant percentage of the stadium would need to be deemed unsafe before they couldn't offer all fans somewhere to sit whilst repairs are done. Surely, given that they are likely to have larger crowds next season (for at least some matches), the time to fix it is now (well, ages ago). From a practical standpoint it suits Rangers to do it now (apart from the cash) and from a safety point of view it should be enforced by those "in charge" of Scottish Football.

Should Rangers be fined? Should they be forced to close sections of Ibrox until they are deemed safe (as it's now too risky to take their word for it)? Will the authorities do anything apart from let the council deal with it?

Rangers asked a Glasgow based company in 2012 for a quote for a roof renovation and we're told it would cost them ?30k,they turned it down as it was too much money.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic