The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

Park, Letham, Taylor, Murray and Bennett providing the cheques, King providing the pen.

King borrowed the pen from Paddy Power

Interesting times I know a certain poster will be all over this today with the "What do posters on here know they all just hate Rangers look look King has loads of cash"

Cant wait........

There is something more happening behind the scenes here that is clear im just not sure what it is.

The smokescreen is in full effect, and it has largely worked.

They have largely turned this from an issue about incorrect player registrations , to one of illegal payments.

Now, whilst the second issue is not OK, the first is FAR more serious, yet is not being talked about at all

It matters not if the players had EBT's and so on- it is the hiding of some payments and incorrect registrations that should be shouted form the heavens

August Landmesser

I cannot believe that this was one of the questions at an AGM. Focusing on the real issues right enough...

"Q: Rangers weren't in FIFA 16. Why?"

Because they ceased to exist in 2012...

Glamorgan Jambo

There will of course be a lot more to the loan repayment than what King has said.

Trying not to be convicted of Contempt of Court is one thing.

Getting the support of MASH for the loan/share conversion without invoking other's pre-emption rights and/or without a concert party complaint to the PTM is another possibility.

This will be far from straightforward.

alwaysthereinspirit

Perhaps the SFA should be asking for the ?250k that they are still owed in fines?

Looking at the Rangers legal proceedings the sheer cost of those must be mind-blowing even if they win.

King is always light on figures

Sure ?5million to pay off Ashley....

But more millions are needed to reach May intact....

And more millions in legal fees.........

And if they lose, well,  Scottish football would need to collapse again, wouldn't it?

Is it possible to have two armageddons? Spell check would insinuate no.

82b379a64591fdfd2db8ef6304bbe6e1.jpg

I hope they had permission from Ashley to use this crest. [emoji1]

LOL.

Wheres ra UJ , by ra way. As Charlie Nick would say (or probably not).

I think it's fair to say that the biggest question to come out of today's AGM is: why now?

Why are they taking the decision to pay off Ashley now, when they have shown no sign of doing so - or being able to stump up the cash to do so - over the last 8 or 9 months. Exactly what is it that Ashley has threatened them with (over and above the numerous litigation cases)?

The tax criminal has suddenly went from saying he had "no intention of paying Ashley his ?5m" to raising the funds in an hour. Running scared of what Ashley might reveal ?. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think someone nailed it earlier on this thread with the SFA most probably getting them told to keep shit out the courts as much as they can.

It's pretty embarrassing for Scottish Football for one of their main selling points to be continually be up at court for one reason or another.

The SFA also know that stuff will most probably come out that they would be keen to keep hidden away.

Footballfirst

I?m certainly more interested as to the reason for the sudden volte face with regard to repaying the loan.

Has Mike Ashley pressed the nuclear button on the eve of the AGM, by demanding the repayment of his ?5M, backed up with a petition for an insolvency order if it was not paid within seven days?

That is the sort of action that might have forced King and his backers to act with such a sudden change of heart, and a whip round provided the necessary funds to prevent a melt down.  The backers will, by the end of the season, have an unsecured exposure to ?11.25M (?3.75M, ?2.5M and ?5M) in loans, although I guess they could now use the previously encumbered properties as some measure of collateral.

SFA to King, get your a** over here now.

King meets with SFA.

SFA to King, we have to stop this court case or all our dirty washing will get washed out in the open.

King to SFA, you mean all your dirty washing.

SFA to King, no, we will be bringing out your dirty washing if you don't stop this court case.

King to SFA, ok I'll try my best.

SFA to King, no we have looked in to it and this is the only avenue that is open to us and you will do it.

King to SFA, ok.

Is anyone else seeing it this way?

Edit. Just seen Lovecraft' s post.

Edited by niblick1874

I've  just had a listen to the STV interview with King following the AGM.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1333962-dave-king-says-repayment-of-5m-sport-direct-loan-right-thing-to-do/

Contrary to my expectation, the full ?5M appears to be available now, with King, Park, Letham, Taylor, Murray and Bennett providing the cash.

I don't suppose we will get a breakdown of who is providing what.

Potless Paul putting in his tupence worth no doubt.

Joking aside this all smacks of a sudden panic. It would seem that Mike has demanded his money back right now.

And he's not praying

So MA has asked for his cash back immediately and the board of Rangers have managed to raise the amount in full?

I thought I read on here such a move would result in admin and popcorn.

Strange.

Why don't you just **** *** back to the Bears Den or Follow Follow where you and your fellow Neanderthals can pontificate about hard done to the deceased club known as Rangers have been. Once you face up , apologise for cheating all of Scottish football, including Celtic, during the EBT and the side letter years, you can come back on here and talk about principles.

You support a newly created club that was unfairly allowed into Division 3 at the expense of properly funded and run clubs because you and your knuckle dragging sidekicks failed to save your club from dying. Since then, you have welcomed White, Green, Ashley and then King as conquering heroes who would get this new club back to some place that you believe you are entightled to, but as at present, have failed to earn. Each one in turn has then lost the backing of your support because they have failed to deliver the fabled 'war chest' that each new owner of Rangers must have and promise. You don't want to be a normal club; you instead yearn for the days of Gascoigne, Laudrup etc as if you have a divine right to win titles and enter Europe, just because you are Protestants from Govan.

I detest your club and what it stands for, I detest your support for not facing up to what they are and what they believe, I detest your sycophantic relationship with the Scottish media, I detest every little thing about your poxy club and if there was any justice, there would be no club called Rangers, Sevco or anything in blue playing football in Scotland ever again.

:omfg:

Bang on the cash.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

So MA has asked for his cash back immediately and the board of Rangers have been forced to scrape the cash together to raise the amount in full but probably didnt want to otherwise would have done it long before now?

Strange.

Ammended that for you

Maroon tinted glasses 2

At the end of the day the very guy who said they will not pay a penny to MA has been made to look like MA's bitch (for whatever reason) on the same day as the AGM OR he lied when he made his first statement and therefor is living up to his tag.

... and anyone who thinks Dave's visit to the SFA was just for an introductory chat, and coincidentally the day before the sevco AGM, is completely deluded...

So MA has asked for his cash back immediately and the board of Rangers have managed to raise the amount in full?

Strange.

It doesn't clear the debt, it just moves it, the other debts are all still there, the onerous contracts are still in place, there's still no listing to allow for a shares issue, they're still trading at a substantial loss, and they admitted themselves (before these millions were suddenly "needed" to pay off MA) that they didn't have enough funds to last the season without more borrowing....

What could possibly go wrong..? :rolleyes:

... and anyone who thinks Dave's visit to the SFA was just for an introductory chat, and coincidentally the day before the sevco AGM, is completely deluded...

Maybe he went there to tell them this, an excerpt from what he said at their AGM

King said Rangers are recovering from "all manner of malicious attacks" but are now irreversibly on the road to recovery.

"It was our collective belief that kept Rangers alive despite the crimes, the punishment, the abuse, the lies and sometimes the hatred the club has endured," he added.

"No club has been made to suffer as this one has.

"But we are here today, we'll be here tomorrow and everyday after that. And because of our belief Rangers will emerge stronger than ever."

You really couldn't make it up, he seems to genuinely believe all this twaddle.

August Landmesser

Maybe he went there to tell them this, an excerpt from what he said at their AGM

King said Rangers are recovering from "all manner of malicious attacks" but are now irreversibly on the road to recovery.

"It was our collective belief that kept Rangers alive despite the crimes, the punishment, the abuse, the lies and sometimes the hatred the club has endured," he added.

"But we are here today, we'll be here tomorrow and everyday after that. And because of our belief Rangers will emerge stronger than ever."

They're not a football club, they're a cult. Bonkers kool-aid guzzling stuff...

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

i wish jj was my dad

Deluded doesn't do this pr*ck justice

michael_bolton

I'm I the only one seeing the Triggers Broom reference with the 'Rangers' supporter on this thread.

Almost certain he's a Celtic fan on the wind up. They refer to Rangers as being like Trigger's broom from Only Fools and Horses. i.e. he replaced all the parts many times yet ridiculously claimed it was still the same broom.

I think this guy's at it.

I cannot believe that this was one of the questions at an AGM. Focusing on the real issues right enough...

"Q: Rangers weren't in FIFA 16. Why?"

I wonder if there was actually more to this question than meets the eye.

I would imagine for that to happen (if EA sports wanted to include Rangers) they would have had to agree to use of the badge. Maybe MA refused the use of it?

As i sure the reply to the question was around not agreeing a license agreement

I'm I the only one seeing the Triggers Broom reference with the 'Rangers' supporter on this thread.

Almost certain he's a Celtic fan on the wind up. They refer to Rangers as being like Trigger's broom from Only Fools and Horses. i.e. he replaced all the parts many times yet ridiculously claimed it was still the same broom.

I think this guy's at it.

I think if he is a Celtic Supporter trying to wind us up, our reaction to his last post would convince him that we* dislike rangers every bit as much as his team. 

* apart from our few closet huns that frequent this board.

I didn't

:-D

I thought it was dead obvious. I've seen the term used to describe Rangers before and thought he was using it ironically.

:-D

I thought it was dead obvious. I've seen the term used to describe Rangers before and thought he was using it ironically.

I honestly didn't! I know the show but not well. Thankfully I don't know many celtic fans

Footballfirst

All in all it's been a good couple of days for the Bears, with Green's legal fees claim dismissed and money available to pay off the SD loan.  The club, as a result, seems much more under the control of RRM and its stability assured for the short term.

I don't think we have the whole story of why the loan should be repaid now rather than last summer. Whether on not that reason becomes public knowledge may be down to what SD/MASH say about it.  One interview with King suggested that SD were anticipating a decision to repay it within the last week or so.  That may be as a result of action by SD or reality finally dawning on the Rangers Board. 

Repaying the loan, gets a bigger share of dividends, the trademarks returned and securities over Rangers' properties released. It also removes the threat of Rangers Retail taking control of shirt sponsorship money in the future, so that is a positive move.

What is doesn't do is put ?5M of new money into the club.  It is number of soft loans replacing a commercial one.  The original arrangements of the RRL deal remain.

The fundamental issues for the club remain.  It is still losing money every month and needs the ?2.5M just to get to the end of the season.  The soft loans will amount to ?11.25M by the end of the season unless a debt for equity swap happens.  We have yet to hear how the AGM votes on Resolutions 9 and 10 have gone.  I'd expect the Board to win them both, although #10 could be tight. 

King's visit to the SPFL yesterday may not have just been the courtesy visit it was claimed, but it remains unclear if anything untoward was discussed.

Overall I'm sure the Bears will see the last couple of days as a big step forward, at least until the next hurdle is faced.

Edited by Footballfirst

Geoff Kilpatrick

Those salivating for an insolvency event will be disappointed. Just enjoy the fact that the offspring club is mediocre at best. Think Celtic in the Cambuslang days.

Charlie-Brown

Deluded doesn't do this pr*ck justice

David Cunningham King voted for Rangers to be liquidated that is a fact he can never alter or deny, he voted to kill Rangers FC it is on public record for eternity.

David Cunningham King voted for Rangers to be liquidated that is a fact he can never alter or deny, he voted to kill Rangers FC it is on public record for eternity.

yip you are correct however the man is a Glib and shameless Liar with no money Walter Mitty

Anyone know if that's the real Ashley on Twitter or a fake?.

I'm not on Twitter, but as Mike Ashley seems to refuse interviews and shun publicity, I'd doubt he'll be on social media.

August Landmesser

Accept that he spelled it cult, slight typo obviously

[emoji1]

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

stirlingshirejambo

Anyone know if that's the real Ashley on Twitter or a fake?.

It's not real Edited by stirlingshirejambo

• Maple Leaf locked this topic