The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

cannonfoda

back on topic - are they dead yet?

Lets leave the childish chat to the school yard - or the pub!

Spellczech

Wow! What is it you're currently studying at 'Uni' ;-)

I did law but finished in 1996. Once you get a proper job you cannot go just disagreeing with everyone or you get sidelined as a troublemaker or non-team player... Edited by Spellczech

its a business card title designed to open customers doors and speak to their senior management. Similar to the title Vice-President. Some U.S. Companies have hundreds of Vice-Presidents. I'm CEO, Managing Director, Chairman and President of the company I work for. It's my company and I'm the only employee but I'm the most senior employee in it.

I can testify to this I am one step away from being and AVP in my American Bank and I am no financial wizard that is for sure lol.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Who knows? With the only communications from Ibrox coming via Level5, and they seem to be concentrating solely in a press hunt for a new manager, if no one has told them TRFC has died, how would we ever find out?

he was found to be using NONE TRUTHS, he/she even, was not in disagreement with the conversation, more they didn't like the topic so tried to ruin it with bullshit. everyone knows the common reason for this on this thread.

you don't like the topic, naebody forcing you to even click on the thread let alone join in. I click on it because I enjoy their misery. I wouldn't join in on one about their happiness.

NONE TRUTHS, eh? On a thread with eighty-two thousand posts people seem to get annoyed about the non-truths that don't foretell rangers' demise. Funny that. Still doesnt excuse you painting him as a bigot and for that you should be ashamed.

I like the topic. I don't like yours and other's censorship; this isn't a thread about rangers' misery, it's about rangers. If you can't handle people with different opinions then an open forum isn't the place for you. Calls for censorship or calling people bigots unfortunately seems par for the course with some folk on here.

Does anyone actually know the repayment terms on the loan. It is clear that the repayment of the loan will mean that Rangers will get their 26% back.

Is MA under the loan agreement entitled to be repaid whenever he wants or was it an open ended loan.

The answer to that question will likely determine how it proceeds. If MA has the ability to call the loan in then dies it really matter what anyone votes at the EGM. MA will just pursue it through the appropriate legal channels.

If he doesn't have the ability then there's probably not a lot be can do other than to continue with the lucrative deal he has in place.

So does anyone actually know the answer to that question. I would have thought it would be reasonable to disclose that prior to asking people to vote on it

So nobody knows the answer then?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Nobody does, but Mr Nobody doesn't. It's a strange old world, innit?

Nobody does, but Mr Nobody doesn't. It's a strange old world, innit?

Nobody knows. Not even Mr Nobody unfortunately. If I did I would tell Everybody

AllyjamboDerbyshire

In response to your question;

The exact terms of the loan have never been published, only what the board of the day wanted released to the public. My own take on it is that it is a loan to cover working capital of a maximum term of 5 years. There would appear to be the option of early repayment at no penalty for the club, but default triggers that enable the lender to demand repayment. No one knows for certain if there has been a default already, but it does seem very likely that by dismissing Llambias and Leach that a default event has occurred. There could well be others. One of the benefits of the delisting, for the board, was that there is now no need for the company to announce such information. At the moment it would appear that Ashley wants the shareholders to vote in favour of an early repayment of the loan at the EGM. That only means he would like it done voluntarily, or, at least, to appear as though he would like it done that way. It certainly doesn't mean that a default event hasn't occurred, nor that one won't happen as a result of, either, the answers to his questions regarding the lack of a NOMAD constituting a default, or the complete lack of any answer at all having the same effect. 

Lets just say in 2006 he transferred over ?56 million to the family trust alone after a sale of shares and according the the state at the time.......

'The State says that King is the richest man in South Africa and has already spent R65m just on legal representation in South Africa.'

So what's the chances of the rest of the family saying "spend our inheritance on that football team, Daddy?  Do you really think so, Daddy?  We're not going to let you do that Daddy dearest" while swallowing the key to the family trust biscuit tin.

King Of The Cat Cafe

So what's the chances of the rest of the family saying "spend our inheritance on that football team, Daddy?  Do you really think so, Daddy?  We're not going to let you do that Daddy dearest" while swallowing the key to the family trust biscuit tin.

I imagine that once money is in a "family trust" it is quite hard to be it out for anything not related to the family.

Jambo 4 Ever

Sevco have released five players from the youth system - Kristian Gibson, Jamie Burrows, Junior Ogen, Scot Whiteside and Lewis McMinn. & given 7 players a 1 year extension.

are any of the released players worth taking a punt on do you think?  Where did you hear this?

I imagine that once money is in a "family trust" it is quite hard to be it out for anything not related to the family.

Generally speaking, the Trustees will be able to invest the trust fund as they see fit. However, the Trustees duty is very simple in that they must act in the best interests of the beneficiaries as a whole. It is very unlikely that lending money to or investing money in Sevco is remotely in the best.interests if the beneficiaries.

That means that the circumstances in which the.trustees will put money into Sevco are limited. They might if the GSL is a beneficiary and he requested that they do so. They might, even if he is not a beneficiary, but in both cases, they would want written guarantees from him that he will cover them if the other beneficiaries object.

Of course, if the GSL is the sole trustee or owns the trustee company, he may just ignore the interests of the beneficiaries altogether.

Footballfirst

From the P.A. I only seen their youths twice this last season so couldn't really say tbh. Some decent players though. F.F. Would know more on their stats etc.

They have retained the best of their prospects (Sinnamon, Ramsey and Dykes). 

Rangers older age groups aren't that great, however it wouldn't be surprised if we were interested in strengthening our U20s with one of the younger guys released, e.g. Ogen or Whiteside.

From the P.A. I only seen their youths twice this last season so couldn't really say tbh. Some decent players though. F.F. Would know more on their stats etc.

The youth players that have signed contract extensions are ..

Ryan Sinnamon (defender), Craig Halkett (defender), Darren Ramsay (midfielder), David Brownlie (defender), Josh Jeffries (forward), Lewis White (goalkeeper) and Dylan Dykes (midfielder). David Brownlie (defender), Josh Jeffries (forward), Lewis White (goalkeeper) and Dylan Dykes (midfielder).

I know the huns are pretty thick, but surely even they'll realise the club are just repeating the same names to make it look better!

The Gasman

I wonder who is making the football decisions regarding which players go, which stay, and who is worth what..? :unsure:

I wonder who is making the football decisions regarding which players go, which stay, and who is worth what..? :unsure:

Don't you worry the 'Lying King' has his finger on the pulse.  :uhoh2:

Sevco have released five players from the youth system - Kristian Gibson, Jamie Burrows, Junior Ogen, Scot Whiteside and Lewis McMinn. & given 7 players a 1 year extension.

one or two of them are probably gems that will go on to be good players lol 

In response to your question;

The exact terms of the loan have never been published, only what the board of the day wanted released to the public. My own take on it is that it is a loan to cover working capital of a maximum term of 5 years. There would appear to be the option of early repayment at no penalty for the club, but default triggers that enable the lender to demand repayment. No one knows for certain if there has been a default already, but it does seem very likely that by dismissing Llambias and Leach that a default event has occurred. There could well be others. One of the benefits of the delisting, for the board, was that there is now no need for the company to announce such information. At the moment it would appear that Ashley wants the shareholders to vote in favour of an early repayment of the loan at the EGM. That only means he would like it done voluntarily, or, at least, to appear as though he would like it done that way. It certainly doesn't mean that a default event hasn't occurred, nor that one won't happen as a result of, either, the answers to his questions regarding the lack of a NOMAD constituting a default, or the complete lack of any answer at all having the same effect.

Thanks

Sevco need to cut their wage bill and I don't see Waldo returning for the kind of salary they can afford. He also  has a  dependency on spending high to get instant success IMO ( he never achieved anything at Ibrox in terms of developing players)  , so I don't think he really fits the bill. You never though , but the Glasgow media are simply being used as a free advertising campaign to sell STs.

Ron Burgundy

This board has always had a few posters to like to disagree with the majority on virtually every thread discussion. They regard themselves as free thinkers which is fair enough. I've noticed that the majority tend to be mature/eternal students for some reason. I guess if one arrives late at university or never wants to leave, you are already regretting going down the first path you took, or avoiding the real world, so they look to shy away from the accepted view. Thus being in a free thinking minority, and in tertiary education they tend to regard their own opinions as superior and adopt condescending tones. If you ignore the arrogance, there can sometimes be a bit of sense in the underlying argument. Just don't pick holes in the parts which are nonsense or just made up, and certainly don't try to question why such contrarians seem to feel the need to ALWAYS deny concensus, as this doesn't go down too well...

I think you're bang on the cash with that.

Spellczech

Sevco need to cut their wage bill and I don't see Waldo returning for the kind of salary they can afford. He also has a dependency on spending high to get instant success IMO ( he never achieved anything at Ibrox in terms of developing players) , so I don't think he really fits the bill. You never though , but the Glasgow media are simply being used as a free advertising campaign to sell STs.

yep if any other club had no manager, about half a dozen senior players, a potentially very embarrassing distraction of an egm coming up, only promises of money but little in the bank and some large loans, and a season starting in 6 or 7 weeks there would be talk of crisis and serious pressure to act. King has done absolutely nothing in 3 months except establish himself as chairman and that Ashley's contracts are solid and require renegotiated as they cannot be struck down as onerous...

I think they may well go down the RRM route at least short-term as these guys sometimes accept less money, and the majority of bears would be satisfied with a RRM as they always seem to be...

Edited by Spellczech

This board has always had a few posters to like to disagree with the majority on virtually every thread discussion. They regard themselves as free thinkers which is fair enough. I've noticed that the majority tend to be mature/eternal students for some reason. I guess if one arrives late at university or never wants to leave, you are already regretting going down the first path you took, or avoiding the real world, so they look to shy away from the accepted view. Thus being in a free thinking minority, and in tertiary education they tend to regard their own opinions as superior and adopt condescending tones. If you ignore the arrogance, there can sometimes be a bit of sense in the underlying argument. Just don't pick holes in the parts which are nonsense or just made up, and certainly don't try to question why such contrarians seem to feel the need to ALWAYS deny concensus, as this doesn't go down too well...

:spoton:

yep if any other club had no manager, about half a dozen senior players, a potentially very embarrassing distraction of an egm coming up, only promises of money but little in the bank and some large loans, and a season starting in 6 or 7 weeks there would be talk of crisis and serious pressure to act. King has done absolutely nothing in 3 months except establish himself as chairman and that Ashley's contracts are solid and require renegotiated as they cannot be struck down as onerous...

I think they may well go down the RRM route at least short-term as these guys sometimes accept less money, and the majority of bears would be satisfied with a RRM as they always seem to be...

Does McCall still have the job or not ? I still haven't seen anything that says McCall has been released by Sevco.

I agree that appointing RRM into management fits their MO but I can't see Walter returning - it looks a very risky position for him and if he were to fail , would destroy his reputation as a "legend" - although maybe that should read his spending was legend.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

What's more, if a manager had been appointed last week (McColl?) I wonder what the papers would have found to write about TRFC to give the bears a feel-good factor? At the moment they can avoid discussing the deep problems in an orgy of speculation, throwing out names without anything to indicate that they know anything concrete - no mention of anybody visiting Murray Park or Ibrox! Better, for the TRFC/RIFC boards than being asked real questions, like, 'why have the season tickets not been put on sale?' That might actually be a much bigger story than who the next manager might be! And if the answer might be something reasonable, why not volunteer the information to keep the fans in the loop?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Good Prorgramme on TV tonight: "Kate Humble, Living With Nomads."

Next week's sequel: "Dave King, Living Without Nomads."

Tasavallan

They have no money. They have no management. They have hardly any players. But Ladbrokes have them odds on to win the Championship next season. Good bet that.

And he's not praying

They have no money. They have no management. They have hardly any players. But Ladbrokes have them odds on to win the Championship next season. Good bet that.

Management teams and squads can be assembled very quickly though. George Burley was appointed Hearts manager on the 30th June for example.

Not that I'm comparing the position of Hearts 2005 to Rangers 2015 and obviously your opening gambit will play a huge part in determining whether the bookies are indeed right, I just feel people are jumping the gun a bit in regards to how they currently sit.

They'll improve their coaching structure and whilst the players they bring in may not be earning that of those who have left, they will start the season with a team at the very least capable of challenging for the title and a team fitter and better prepared than they were for this season, IMO.

Spellczech

Management teams and squads can be assembled very quickly though. George Burley was appointed Hearts manager on the 30th June for example.

Not that I'm comparing the position of Hearts 2005 to Rangers 2015 and obviously your opening gambit will play a huge part in determining whether the bookies are indeed right, I just feel people are jumping the gun a bit in regards to how they currently sit.

They'll improve their coaching structure and whilst the players they bring in may not be earning that of those who have left, they will start the season with a team at the very least capable of challenging for the title and a team fitter and better prepared than they were for this season, IMO.

difference was that Burley had the backbone of a fine team with Gordon, Pressley, Webster and Hartley. Rangers have no players like these in situ...even the half dozen they have under contract may not be wanted, money appears to be tight, and the selling story to recruit is just not there...

And he's not praying

difference was that Burley had the backbone of a fine team with Gordon, Pressley, Webster and Hartley. Rangers have no players like these in situ...even the half dozen they have under contract may not be wanted, money appears to be tight, and the selling story to recruit is just not there...

Absolutely, Burley inherited a strong scottish core, and was able to add top class recruits on huge salaries. As I said I wasn't comparing the two.

There is no doubt they have a big rebuilding job but even looking at some of the players left at Rangers...

Cammy Bell

Darren McGregor

Big Zal

Lee Wallace

Nicky Law

David Templeton

Andy Murdoch

Kenny Miller

Nicky Clark.

Dunno if I've missed anyone.

They're isn't many bad players amongst them. Sure, there are players there who have under performed, players whose attitude you could question, but I refuse to believe Rangers, even with little money to spend, couldn't build a team around they players that isn't capable of challenging in Scotlands second tier. 

If they are still in the same position this time next month then I'd agree they might struggle as time to get ready for the new season would be running out. I very much doubt they will be.

Edited by Frankly Mr. Shankly

uz7gelerbicfejprhmdq.jpg

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Would the sun have printed this when salary was in charge ? 6d028d4a10a0d09182db96e09d093784.jpg

More threats from a fans group. 862c47aa5555f1012e676c5d156c8ff4.jpg

Today that story sells newspapers, back then it would have brought about a boycott of the Sun! Yet, back then it would have been newsworthy, today it's just sensational muck raking. At any time, it's in the Sun, therefor not to be taken seriously.

Today that story sells newspapers, back then it would have brought about a boycott of the Sun! Yet, back then it would have been newsworthy, today it's just sensational muck raking. At any time, it's in the Sun, therefor not to be taken seriously.

That would have sold today with that Orangefest in Glasgow this afternoon.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

That would have sold today with that Orangefest in Glasgow this afternoon.

At least they could use the Sun to keep their flutes dry ;) at least until it went all soggy!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Fully agree re the sun. The sun & D.record both running anti McCoist pieces recently. Nothing to do with king wanting him to walk away from 7 months salary of course.

Along with the 'manager hunt' it provides the perfect squirrel to head off the questions that these 'newspapers' should be asking.

tartofmidlothian

Papers are good at deflection [emoji6].. in the sevco managerial hunt Perreira, Warburton & Cathro seem to be mentioned depending where you look.

Ramon Perreira? :yas:

FarmerTweedy

Anyone?

Impossible to say for sure without knowing the full terms of the loan arrangement, but it's most likely that the terms simply don't allow the loan to be called in unless sevco are in breach of at least one of the terms of the agreement.

FarmerTweedy

Ashley must have it in the terms of the loan agreement a clause where he can ask for repayment in full, this he's done & got this reply from king. 70de5e9258f2d1ab25358ae5fb968fd1.jpg.

By refusing to pay, I'd imagine there in default of the agreement hence Ashley asking for an egm for a shareholder vote to force the issue 1st. We'll have to wait till the vote to see what Ashley's next move will be then.

Good piece on it here. http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-board-to-ignore-mike-ashley-loan-demand-1-3792217

Without wishing to sound like CJGJ (perish the thought!), it's far from clear that MA has any right to call in the loan. His EGM proposal is basically him saying to the directors that if they don't like the terms of the loan, they can fork out the ?5m to him and he'll hand over the securities, etc, straight away. He's basically just saying to them to put their money where their mouths are. The board have said in reply that at the moment, they have higher priorities for spending ?5m. The vote will be little more than symbolic. If it goes MA's way, it doesn't actually oblige the board to hand their cash over to MA, it'll just embarrass King & co. If it goes the board's way, it makes no real difference either.

However the vote goes, I don't think King & co will pay MA off, and I suspect he'll move to appoint his two board members shortly afterwards!

FarmerTweedy

I think Ashley's real reason for the Egm is to humiliate King and the Board about the NOMAD and AIM etc. asking for his money via resolution is merely the mechanism to get the meeting held...

I think this too, plus I think he's likely to move to get his two board members and if anyone moans about it, he can say 'well, I just gave you a chance to get out of the loan, so you can hardly complain about me holding you to the terms of the deal now you've decided to keep it'!

hmfcfanyul

Never mind they fail any UEFA FFP rules by a mile. They don't even have an auditor never mind audited accounts.

Which is all very theoretical, I have more chance of having a supermodel threesome than they have of winning the cup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Comedian

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283972

They are talking about if they are Europe after they win Scottish cup next year.  Must be powerful stuff they smoking down Govan way lol

Essentially, three pages of folk saying they'll be winning nothing and the question only arises re the 3 year rule IF they did, can I ask, what are you smoking?

niblick1874

Maybe the saveconions will see it as an opportunity to see if King has got the cash and vote that he pays MA the 5 mill. :laugh4:

Are the three bears and Dave getting on? Heard that the lack of communication with fans is down to a serious fall out.

I've never claimed such insider knowledge before, but someone who I respect (in banking, but a good guy, from England so not a fan of a Scottish club) has said it's much more likely that the loan provided by one of the bears will be paid back in the near future than the Ashley loan. Is one of the three bears about to abandon ship?

I know I'll be questioned about this, and slagged off if it doesn't come to pass. I feel it's worth the risk as the source is good. A problem I can see is that the reporting requirements of AIM don't apply anymore, so hiding dissent is easier. Maybe they will "thank" anyone leaving to concentrate on other matters having helped "save" Rangers?

FarmerTweedy

Yep, but 1st they'd need to be able to float them. No nomad, no exchange membership & still no lending facilities & prob still with a zero credit rating too.

Ashley wanting his ?5m back, S.tickets still to go on sale & a whole new team/manager to find for next season ?.

Why would they need to be able to float them first?

Jambof3tornado

Are the three bears and Dave getting on? Heard that the lack of communication with fans is down to a serious fall out.

I've never claimed such insider knowledge before, but someone who I respect (in banking, but a good guy, from England so not a fan of a Scottish club) has said it's much more likely that the loan provided by one of the bears will be paid back in the near future than the Ashley loan. Is one of the three bears about to abandon ship?

I know I'll be questioned about this, and slagged off if it doesn't come to pass. I feel it's worth the risk as the source is good. A problem I can see is that the reporting requirements of AIM don't apply anymore, so hiding dissent is easier. Maybe they will "thank" anyone leaving to concentrate on other matters having helped "save" Rangers?

Not having a go but were the 3 bears loans secured in any way? If not and there has been a fall out would the remaining bears be in a hurry to pay back the one jumping ship?

Not having a go but were the 3 bears loans secured in any way? If not and there has been a fall out would the remaining bears be in a hurry to pay back the one jumping ship?

Apart from Ashley/Sports Direct all the ,3brs/King family trust loans are unsecured.

I'm sure I read one press release where it was alluded that all the non SD loans would be converted to shares.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic