The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Cast No Shadow

I wonder how long it will take until The Saviour is ousted as another crook without a pot to piss in?

Angus Young

I wonder how long it will take until The Saviour is ousted as another crook without a pot to piss in?

You have nailed it the lying king ( who lost 20 million ) and never stops telling everyone IMO Will not pony up a jot this saga has legs in it yet  :toilet:

Jamboelite

Failng to answer the question put to you I see.. tells us everything we need to know...you posted a porkie, got caught out and try to deflect from it.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

My view is that is all part of a bigger negotiation process (as does most of the media etc), you don't think so and ner the twain will meet.........but you still got it wrong and refusing to admit it simply confirms my statement.......too emotional in your responses to this topic.

You have yet to answer the question put to you several times.

Why would Ashley want to re-negotiate the contracts he has when it doesnt matter whether the faithful buy the merchandise or not?

Why would he come to the table?

Edited by Jamboelite

eyesandears

I suspect what Ashley is doing is trying to expose King as a man of straw - the hope will be that fans and the media will start asking why King doesn't just stump up ?5m of the vast fortune he was supposedly prepared to plough into Rangers to get rid of Ashley?

I think they're quite brave to take on Ashley. With the loans in place and security over Murray Park, he's in a strong position if they can't repay when the money's due. There's a good reason why Douglas Park et al haven't put serious money into the club.

You've got it Victor. It maintains the public pressure on King to show he's actually going to put his own money in. The Rangers fans were aghast at Ashley owning security of the assets such as Murray Park and the trademarks etc and want him clear of that at least. They now have the chance to vote for the repayment of the loans which would assist in that process. But wait....King says no. No ifs or buts, simply to save him from having to pay it back from his 'wealth'. As, as you say, the last thing the three bears want to do is put any more of their money in. Theirs was a 'holding position' but they are in danger of getting sucked in financially to the black hole that is The Rangers.

You have yet to answer the question put to you several times.

Why would Ashley want to re-negotiate the contracts he has when it doesnt matter whether the faithful buy the merchandise or not?

Why would he come to the table?

Ashley has a contract, Ashley gains from the contract, Ashley could gain more from said contract if Rangers fans purchased the strip and other leisure items so it does matter whether items are bought or not.......Rangers fans are not buying said items partly due to the club itself backing said stance until any deal is more favourable to the club..If Ashley could make more money by renegotiating the deal (and of course that would mean the club giving their backing to this and encouraging fans to purchase the strips etc) then as a businessman he would do so...(if not then it is clearly personal and that could be the case as he lost out and was beaten by others in the deal to purchase Rangers) He might even get his loan repaid more quickly as well.

This is what the Rangers board are hoping to achieve and they see it as part of an overall package in it's dealings with Ashley and Mash......just as stated in their release.

You can go on and on all you want but those are the facts..telling us that Ashley doesn't have to deal and negotiate is just semantics.. he is negotiating by requesting the GM. It might not be the commonly held way of doing so but it is a negotiating tactic like it or not.

Perhaps now we can read of the default on the deal that our fellow poster tells us about which he now ignores and of course you and a couple of others try to deflect from. I doubt it though but at least I have had the decency to address what was asked of me though I have done so before many times.

Facts not fantasy are required though as mentioned before some on here are large on fantasy but short on facts.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Failng to answer the question put to you I see.. tells us everything we need to know...you posted a porkie, got caught out and try to deflect from it.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

My view is that is all part of a bigger negotiation process (as does most of the media etc), you don't think so and ner the twain will meet.........but you still got it wrong and refusing to admit it simply confirms my statement.......too emotional in your responses to this topic.

Ashley doesn't have to negotiate on anything. He holds all the aces.

indianajones

A contract is a contract right?

Tough titties for sevco. They cant get out of it unless Ashley decides to do so. 

It's almost as if king is baiting Ashley to pull the plug so he can blame Ashley if sevco go belly up through this.. Why would king chance losing secured assets through non payment of a ?5m loan ?.. It's madness by king, just payoff Ashley & move on..

Is it possible that this is Kings get out of Dodge card? He asks the shareholders to reject the MASH resolution and if the shareholders turn King over he walks away and says they obviously don't want his leadership. Step forward Park & Co to pay the ?5m!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Drewboy

Rangers don't HAVE TO repay the loan either at present but if it is mutually beneficial to both parties then they MAY negotiate. Clearly that is what Rangers are trying to do. Of course Ashley does not HAVE TO negotiate but he MAY. (indeed by requesting a GM that in itself is a form of negotiation)

Holding all the aces is not how I see it given he has a loan and a commercial deal and bar his minority shareholding that's it. He is certainly a player in the club but is far from holding all the aces... no control, no real power..that was lost when he was caught out by other parties share purchases and lost said control..bad error of judgement from a man who is normally so reliable.

It's revealing that the first communication from the Rangers board since failing to get promoted is related to not paying a debt rather than their plans to recruit a manager or their strategy to build a team. Not worrying at all.

CJGJ, given you know that Ashley gets paid regardless of whether merchandise is sold or not - and he appears to get full market value for unsold stock, how would Ashley benefit from lowering the percentage he recieves? Do you think Ashley set the minimum sale quantities substantially below the level that Rangers fans might buy if more (but still a minority probably) of the sales price went to Rangers? I think Green signed a horrendous contract and no renegotiation that King would agree to is better for Ashley.

What question is that i failed to answer ??..

Ive just proved to you that there is NO negotiating going on here, hence Ashleys need to call an egm to get his ?5m back. Ive got nothing wrong, but you are massively wrong in your past posts about this being a business negotiation etc, because nothing could be further from the truth. But you keep digging trying to deflect the fact you've once more got it wrong re ashley.

Farin you told us they were reneging on the deal but publish no facts. I would check what you have written for telling us there was such an action when there has been none could be an issue for you. Just trying to help you and I hope you understand this.

Rangers don't HAVE TO repay the loan either at present but if it is mutually beneficial to both parties then they MAY negotiate.

So what are the terms of the loan ?

Edited by Drewboy

eddiepolio

Probably being a bit thick here but why doesn't Ashley call the debt in and if they don't pay call the administrators in? It's not like he's really bothered about the money?

I see CJGJs point in that whilst 7 years is a decent length of time for him to be milking Sevco dry with the current contract there may well be even more money to be had longer term if he gets Sevco and supporters onside.

Can't see much changing as a result of this meeting though, the real interesting time IMO will be at the next share issue to see what happens with King's money

Ashley has a contract, Ashley gains from the contract, Ashley could gain more from said contract if Rangers fans purchased the strip and other leisure items so it does matter whether items are bought or not.......Rangers fans are not buying said items partly due to the club itself backing said stance until any deal is more favourable to the club..If Ashley could make more money by renegotiating the deal (and of course that would mean the club giving their backing to this and encouraging fans to purchase the strips etc) then as a businessman he would do so...(if not then it is clearly personal and that could be the case as he lost out and was beaten by others in the deal to purchase Rangers) He might even get his loan repaid more quickly as well.

Absolute rubbish.

If Ashley wishes to make more money he simply orders more stock as sevco are contractually obliged to buy back any unsold stock from Sports Direct thus increasing his profit margin not matter if the fans buy or not. Ashley can in fact continue to do this for 7 years if he wants too also..

This is what the Rangers board are hoping to achieve and they see it as part of an overall package in it's dealings with Ashley and Mash......just as stated in their release.

You can go on and on all you want but those are the facts..telling us that Ashley doesn't have to deal and negotiate is just semantics.. he is negotiating by requesting the GM. It might not be the commonly held way of doing so but it is a negotiating tactic like it or not.

Again Rubbish.

Ashley requesting the egm was a demand to find out the terms of the other loans & why Sevco were de-listed from the AIM & to ask for his ?5m loan to be paid back in full..

Perhaps now we can read of the default on the deal that our fellow poster tells us about which he now ignores and of course you and a couple of others try to deflect from. I doubt it though but at least I have had the decency to address what was asked of me though I have done so before many times.

Facts not fantasy are required though as mentioned before some on here are large on fantasy but short on facts.

The default on the loan (agreement) is kings failure to agree to pay it back in full. Hence Ashley forcing the issue with an egm to gain shareholder approval that it is indeed paid back (in full)...

Well at least I tried to help you so lets leave it at that.

You keep posting things which are not true and the hole just gets deeper.

Absolute rubbish.

If Ashley wishes to make more money he simply orders more stock as sevco are contractually obliged to buy back any unsold stock from Sports Direct thus increasing his profit margin not matter if the fans buy or not. Ashley can in fact continue to do this for 7 years if he wants too also..

Again Rubbish.

Ashley requesting the egm was a demand to find out the terms of the other loans & why Sevco were de-listed from the AIM & to ask for his ?5m loan to be paid back in full..

The default on the loan (agreement) is kings failure to agree to pay it back in full. Hence Ashley forcing the issue with an egm to gain shareholder approval that it is indeed paid back (in full)...

Regarding your initial bit in red, surely there has to be a tipping point of how onerous this contract is or Rangers would just put themselves into administration and justifiably break the contract leaving Ashley with nothing (or maybe does he have security over edmiston House and the car park?) I lose track!

Well at least I tried to help you so lets leave it at that.

You keep posting things which are not true and the hole just gets deeper.

So what bits are untrue and what are the terms of the loan?

So what bits are untrue and what are the terms of the loan?

I'm sure you can read so no point in typing the same again.

CJGJ

Do us a favour and stop posting your arguments on JKB - particularly on this thread.

Your posts are become very tedious and predictably argumentative.

Why don't you stop posting this pointless stuff and just go down the boozer and pick a fight with someone.

Cheers.

He can't answer that because he's been caught out spouting nonsense again .. :thumbsup:

Farin you have been given the truth, you have lied and could get yourself in trouble by doing so.

In the circumstances there is little more to add and if you had managed to understand the points made you would realise this but as you seem incapable of doing so then there is little more to be said.

Farin you have been given the truth, you have lied and could get yourself in trouble by doing so.

In the circumstances there is little more to add and if you had managed to understand the points made you would realise this but as you seem incapable of doing so then there is little more to be said.

Give it a ****ing rest, please. 

Lied ?. what lies are this ? & what trouble could i get myself into also please ??..

Farin

Please stop feeding the trolls. 

Cheers

CJGJ

Do us a favour and stop posting your arguments on JKB - particularly on this thread.

Your posts are become very tedious and predictably argumentative.

Why don't you stop posting this pointless stuff and just go down the boozer and pick a fight with someone.

Cheers.

I'm not going to apologise for posting the truth or voice my opinion.

Sorry if this upsets you but I debate and don't fight, Perhaps that is how you settle your discussions in your own life and I would not wish to comment upon that .

As usual though you are entitled to your opinion.

Cheers

Edited by CJGJ

Ashley doesn't have to negotiate on anything. He holds all the aces.

Rangers seem to think Ashley will re-negotiate himself a worse deal lol  I hope he bleeds Newco dry...then moves onto to Celtic lol

So what are the terms of the loan ?

No idea, but I reckon it will be advantageous to Ashley.  Newco needed a loan when they won Div 2 lol

Now they are skint, and the wolf is at the door.

Edited by steve444

I'm not going to apologise for posting the truth or voice my opinion.

Sorry if this upsets you but I debate and don't fight, Perhaps that is how you settle your discussions in your own life and I would not wish to comment upon that .

As usual though you are entitled to your opinion.

Cheers

It doesn't upset me , it bores me. 

If you don't want  to or can't add anything constructive , original or informative then just stay away. 

This thread has predictably gone off topic completely and you make it worse.

Every time I see your name I know it's gonna be an argument. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

The way I see it rightfully or wrongly is that Ashley kept the club operating by loaning them ?5 million with terms and the option of another 5 if need be however king and his ego did not want Ashley to be the man in the the rangers spotlight so started his "proper rangers men" proceedings to get his seat back in the spotlight. The problem is king has now got Ashleys back up who decided to wait until the FPP issue was sorted and played his ace of recalling the loan as per the terms. I don't think Ashley is that bothered about the immediate payment rather than the public fight to show king as glib and shameless, and regarding the the rangers supporters boycotting the strips in his shops well you only need to look on the sports direct website main page for the advert regarding next seasons kits where the teams advertised are Tottenham, celtic, Liverpool and Barcelona so see how much he gives a toss about what the the rangers think.

It doesn't upset me , it bores me. 

If you don't want  to or can't add anything constructive , original or informative then just stay away. 

This thread has predictably gone off topic completely and you make it worse.

Every time I see your name I know it's gonna be an argument. 

When you don't automatically follow the crowd and dare to voice a slightly diff opinion then the pack mentality kicks into gear and daring to question brings a predictable response from some (especially on this topic where strong opinions have been given and are not likely to change)

Now if you are weak then you'll back off but if you are strong enough in character then you will respond and try to debate or point out errors that you feel have been made.

Of course this can come over as arguementative and going into detail with other posters using written words rather than a verbal discussion as you would normally do strings the debate out over a number of posts.

I don't dare to question your right to post so I would hope you would respect mine

Please take this as an explanation not as another debating point.

marshallschunkychicken

You are of course 100% correct. [emoji106]

Getting back on topic.

4792ecff0499a6dddeeb905d425c2f76.jpg

"Gers owner Dave King..."

Owner?

I'm asking you specifically as you are quite happy to call someone a liar but I am genuinely struggling to see what is untrue about the statements made.

So the EGM.

Basically the fans have been told to vote no to repaying the loan but even if they vote yes it is not legally binding to do so. Code for we don't have any money.

Second part about fostering relations with SD. Code for" please buy the strips" as we don't have any money to pay for the unused stock.

eddiepolio

Probably being a bit thick here but why doesn't Ashley call the debt in and if they don't pay call the administrators in? It's not like he's really bothered about the money?

Anyone?

Anyone?

For all intents and purposes the securities are pretty worthless if there's no Rangers to use them? Or at least worth less than he stands to gain by keeping the contracts in place as they stand? Not sure but there's a possible reason

Ashley has securities on Edmiston House, Albion Car Park, Murray Park, Trademarks and an extra 26% of Rangers Retail limited (taking his stake to 75% during loan), basically everything except Ibroke..In the event of admin Ashley would prob get all this as the main creditor because of his ?5m outstanding loan.

This is why admin won't happen imo as it doesn't help king or sevco one bit as they would lose so much through it. Far better king bites the bullet & pay's off Ashley & they go again on an even keel.. But king seems determined not to pay Ashley & is risking a lot in the process...

Thanks. I agree neither want administration at the moment but if Ashley does tighten the noose as far as ordering more stock Rangers can't afford to pay back (more than the securities are worth) then I still believe there's a tipping point.

Also, can you please confirm what you meant by defaulting on the loan? Seemed to suggest King saying he's not going to pay it back just now would be classed as defaulting. Where did you get that from? Apologies if I've picked up wrong.

I'm asking you specifically as you are quite happy to call someone a liar but I am genuinely struggling to see what is untrue about the statements made.

I asked the same question but never got a reply. What are the terms of the loan, CJGC seems to know but won't say or refer to the post that does. Makes me think that it's all bluster from him/her!

Pans Jambo

This is what I'm thinking.

Ashled gave sevco a ?5m loan in return for having 2 of "his men" on the board.

Sevco booted them off the board

Ashley wants his ?5m paid back so calls an EGM to discuss

Sevco release a statement telling Ashley hes getting hee haw & they want to change his retail contract to favour them too.

Does King & co now think Ashley will just say: OK then?

More like: geez ma dough or its admin2!

If lying king has "off the radar wealth" then paying the ?5M for the assets, ensuring no MASH influence on the board & keeping the administrators away should be chicken feed surely?

This really has been the popcorn season :)

At least refer to a post out of the 80,000 odd posts or just tell us!

Unknown user

Anyone?

Because he doesn't want to? Because he can't? Because it's not as simple as that? Who knows what the exact position is?

It's not really an answerable question, unless you happen to know mike ashley

When you don't automatically follow the crowd and dare to voice a slightly diff opinion then the pack mentality kicks into gear and daring to question brings a predictable response from some (especially on this topic where strong opinions have been given and are not likely to change)

Now if you are weak then you'll back off but if you are strong enough in character then you will respond and try to debate or point out errors that you feel have been made.

Of course this can come over as arguementative and going into detail with other posters using written words rather than a verbal discussion as you would normally do strings the debate out over a number of posts.

I don't dare to question your right to post so I would hope you would respect mine

Please take this as an explanation not as another debating point.

You dont question though you tell everyone they're wrong, that they're post are full of nothing but supposition, then turn around and do the same thing you accuse everyone else off but from the other end of the spectrum. Your arguments dont hold weight and you continually have avoided answering straight questions put to you

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ian Black being linked to Preston North End this morning!

Seriously? Have they seen him these last three years?

Chris Benoit

You dont question though you tell everyone they're wrong, that they're post are full of nothing but supposition, then turn around and do the same thing you accuse everyone else off but from the other end of the spectrum. Your arguments dont hold weight and you continually have avoided answering straight questions put to you

He's definitely on the spectrum

This is like when Jimmy and Timmy had a fight on South Park.

CRIPPLE FIGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!!

Ian Black being linked to Preston North End this morning!

On first seeing that ^^^ I though: As player manager? In the 'Lowland' League! 

Of course I was thinking of Preston Athletic.     :doh:

tartofmidlothian

On first seeing that ^^^ I though: As player manager? In the 'Lowland' League!

Of course I was thinking of Preston Athletic. :doh:

Found his level?

Ashley must have it in the terms of the loan agreement a clause where he can ask for repayment in full, this he's done & got this reply from king.

70de5e9258f2d1ab25358ae5fb968fd1.jpg.

By refusing to pay, I'd imagine there in default of the agreement hence Ashley asking for an egm for a shareholder vote to force the issue 1st. We'll have to wait till the vote to see what Ashley's next move will be then.

Good piece on it here.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-board-to-ignore-mike-ashley-loan-demand-1-3792217

Get ready for Mike Ashley's next move...

Fake 2015 Home Shirts

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283944

One guy has it sussed:

Thank ****, for a minute there I thought we were going to be deprived of a huge chunk of our shirt sales and merchandising revenue!

Oh.........

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283944&do=findComment&comment=1062712005

• Maple Leaf locked this topic