The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Rangers have reportedly offered a trial to Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia, former Real Sociedad defender, who was part of their 25 man Champions League squad. 

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283629

Dundee FC are delighted to announce that we have today completed the signing of Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia on a three year contract.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/julen-signs

I would take a gamble on Kris Boyd. If we could get him fit he would be a real asset.

giphy.gif

Champions League Night...

Max 180 * ?15

+ cash bar

+ raffle

not a huge money spinner when you consider costs

BUT

Fans will be able to access the trophy room, to see what a defunct team won.

PLUS

They will be able to see artwork by Helen Runciman...

A favourite must be this one bey her:

photo.jpg

Fans are advised to hurry hold off to avoid disappointment

alwaysthereinspirit

I would take a gamble on Kris Boyd. If we could get him fit he would be a real asset.

Joking I hope.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Max 180 * ?15

+ cash bar

+ raffle

BUT

PLUS

photo.jpg

In hindsight, Sandy really didn't look too well for a while, did he. Seems to have managed a remarkable job of publicity work and public appearances quite late in to his illness.

alicante jambo

I said this when we were last linked to him. How feckin wrong was I and many, many others!

The guys has been a complete failure and now looks well past it! There's no hope for him and I nearly laughed like **** when I saw that Killie (supposedly) have him as their no1 transfer target :wow:

:rofl:

I was the same bud.I thought he was going to score a barrow load how wrong was I ?Mind you I'm no complaining

jack D and coke

I still think they way rangers played contributed to his poor form this season, he barely got a sniff. I've never seen a team so devoid of any tactics tbh. It was just get cross after cross after cross into the box.

That is playing to neither Boyd nor Miller's strengths.

Seymour M Hersh

I'm slightly surprised that King doesn't seem to have had a plan A and a plan B, ready to implement one of them straight after Sunday's game..?

Transfer window opens in a week, and they may receive enquiries about some of their young players. They have to build a whole first team, and yet still haven't appointed a manager, or coaching staff, and still not done anything to persuade fans to buy season tickets whenever they put them on sale....

They don't seem to be leaving themselves an awful lot of time, to do a hell of a lot of work....

He'll just brag via his pals in the papers that he has a world class management team lined up and it's nothing to worry about. Then the week before the season starts with no team in place he'll admit he hasn't got one but never said he did in the first place.  Sort of like he did with the nomad.

Max 180 * ?15

+ cash bar

+ raffle

BUT

PLUS

photo.jpg

Jesus, look at Elbows trying to smile! That face looks like it should be sticking through a partially destroyed door in the Overlook Hotel. Edited by CMc

Angus Young

Well another day and no news from King the glib and shameless Liar who announced when he took control that there would be openness and transparency the reality is secrecy quietness and no information and no money put on the table. :bandana:

The Gasman

"A giant football card" :puzzled:

Any ideas?

As it all seems to be about wringing every last penny out those who go along, I'm guessing it's a giant version of on of these;

a213055ebca21b0fecf375e23c798401.jpg

As it all seems to be about wringing every last penny out those who go along, I'm guessing it's a giant version of on of these;

a213055ebca21b0fecf375e23c798401.jpg

..but presumably without the one in the bottom right. 

The Gasman

..but presumably without the one in the bottom right.

But of course....

I just took that as a given..! ;)

...a bit disco

He actually looks slimmer here

He was.

That was in the days before the infamous Murray Park all-you-can-eat buffets.

Forgot Super Ally was still taking a salary. :pleasing:

Forgot Super Ally was still taking a salary. :pleasing:

He still gets paid till December.  

He was.

That was in the days before the infamous Murray Park all-you-can-eat buffets.

And pie and pints lol

Jack Torrance

Jesus, look at Elbows trying to smile! That face looks like it should be sticking through a partially destroyed door in the Overlook Hotel.

I'll be the judge of that lol. He does though haha.

ah but one of the other ones was that the CWC is defunct now sooooooooo...Celtic can NEVER win it! And what's more....Rangers CAN still win the Europeab Cup/CL!

Great stuff!

If I hear a Rangers fan ever say that I'll probably wet myself laughing.

Footballfirst

The RIFC Board has broken its silence.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9421-directors-voting-advice-for-gm

Directors? Voting Advice For General Meeting

Written by Rangers Football Club

Directors? Voting Advice For General Meeting

Voting recommendations on the resolutions which will be put before shareholders at the General Meeting to be held at Ibrox Stadium on Friday, June 12, can be found by clicking here.

--------------------------------------

Rangers International Football Club PLC (the ?Company?)

Directors? recommendation to the Company?s shareholders on Ordinary Resolutions 1 and 2 to be put to the General Meeting of the Company on Friday 12th June 2015

Shareholders will be aware that MASH Holdings Limited (MASH) has requisitioned a General Meeting of the Company (GM) which is to take place at Ibrox Stadium at 10.30 a.m. on Friday 12 June 2015.

Two Resolutions will be put to the GM.

Ordinary Resolution 1
The first Resolution has been suggested by MASH. It seeks shareholders? support for the principle that the Rangers Football Club Limited (Club), a subsidiary of the Company, is released from the Facility arrangements between the Club and SportsDirect.com Retail Limited (Sports Direct) through the Directors of the Company (Directors) resolving to procure the repayment in full of the loan of ?5 million (Facility) owed by the Club to Sports Direct as soon as possible after the passing of this Resolution.

The Company has taken advice from Senior Queen?s Counsel on the terms of this Resolution and been advised that it would not, in any way, oblige the Directors legally. Given that is the case, the Directors are puzzled why MASH has insisted on the Company incurring the expense of calling and holding the GM. The Directors do not consider that this approach is in the best interests of the shareholders as a whole. The Directors have asked MASH if it wants to be represented at the GM to explain its position. The Directors understand MASH is considering whether to send a statement to shareholders.

MASH is the ultimate parent company of Sports Direct. It seems to the Directors that Sports Direct no longer wishes to make the Facility available to the Club and that MASH has put ordinary resolution 1 to the GM to assist Sports Direct in this regard. It is not clear to the Directors why this would be in the Company or its shareholders? interests.

MASH?s resolution does set out certain effects that would occur on the release of the securities granted pursuant to the Facility. These will occur whenever the Facility is repaid and the Directors do not consider that, at this time, the repayment of ?5 million to Sports Direct is the best use of the Company?s resources. The Directors are restricted in what they can say about Rangers Retail Limited (RRL) and have been cautioned about breaching confidentiality provisions. The Directors do not believe the transfer back to the Club of a 26% interest in RRL will serve to resolve the issues which the Directors consider have to be addressed.

There are a number of steps required to rebuild the Company and the Club and all of these require resource. The Directors will keep these issues under continuous review and if, exercising their skill, care and judgement, the Directors determine that it is desirable for the Club to repay the Facility and this will assist with the overall arrangements between the Club, MASH and Sports Direct the Directors will take appropriate action. Such a decision will, however, be based solely on what is in the best interests of the Company and the Club and will not be unduly influenced by the interests of a single shareholder. The MASH facility is just one element of a series of contracts which have been put in place between MASH, Sports Direct and related entities and the Club. The Directors believe that all of these arrangements require to be addressed collectively. It would be disadvantageous for the Club and the Company to be dealing with such arrangements piecemeal and on terms dictated by MASH.

The Directors accordingly recommend voting Against Resolution 1.

Ordinary Resolution 2

The second Resolution has been suggested by your Board. It has been suggested because a meeting has been requisitioned and a Resolution tabled by MASH. There is therefore no perceptible increase in costs to the Company in your Board also putting forward a Resolution to the GM.

The Directors are concerned with the continued and dramatic reduction in income generated by retail operations. The Directors are aware that many supporters of the Club will not purchase Club merchandise from Sports Direct because they do not believe the current contractual arrangements between the Club and Sports Direct adequately reward the Club. The Directors understand the strength of feeling on this issue and the adverse impact it has had on sales of merchandise. The Directors are firmly of the view that the best interests of both the Club and Sports Direct require them to engage with supporters and to restructure the existing contractual engagements in a manner which is clear, transparent and fully accountable to those who will be the purchasers of the Club?s merchandise. In that way, sales will be maximised and both the Club and Sports Direct will benefit.

The Directors very much want to improve relations with Sports Direct and have made that clear to Sports Direct?s senior executives, however, this has to proceed on the basis of mutual understanding, respect and reward. In the Director?s view, if matters continue as they stand, this will not be to the commercial advantage of either the Club or Sports Direct.

The Directors therefore ask shareholders to indicate their support for the Directors? analysis of what will deliver best value for Sports Direct and the Club by voting For Resolution 2.

Edited by Footballfirst

King Of The Cat Cafe

Someone help me out here: does that mean they can't afford to repay the ?5m?

Footballfirst

Paying their debts hasn't been a priority of either the Oldco or the Newco for the last 30 years.

Spellczech

Effectively Sevco saying they won't repay the loan unless Sports Direct renegotiate the contracts... This is going to get so messy. I can see Rangers having to wear unbadged strips next season, and the mascot being locked in a cupboard!

King Of The Cat Cafe

Effectively Sevco saying they won't repay the loan unless Sports Direct renegotiate the contracts... This is going to get so messy. I can see Rangers having to wear unbadged strips next season, and the mascot being locked in a cupboard!

So, it's a case of who blinks first?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283927

Renegotiate the retail deal?? Doesnt ashley have to agree to that first?          

alwaysthereinspirit

"he wants one more look at Tevez before putting in a final bid"

At least one guy has a sense of humour.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Given me an idea:

Dear Volkswagen Finance

I wish to tell you that I do not believe the repayment of your loan to be in the interests of me.

Yes. They can't afford to repay any of their debts currently, in fact they can't even meet the monthly wage bill currently. 

All looking delightfully troublesome for some while to come and possibly very messy when MASH set their lawyers on Rangers.

Priceless.

Given me an idea:

Dear Volkswagen Finance

I wish to tell you that I do not believe the repayment of your loan to be in the interests of me.

I was read down the thread and that's exactly what crossed my mind before I read yours. No guesses as to what VW Finance would be however the Mash response would be much more curt and include a reference to bailiffs and court proceedings. :)

Just as Rangers have to agree to renegotiate the loan agreement ?.......I'm sure you would agree given your above statement.

I thought the MASH resolution was to repay the loan and release all the security on the repayment of the loan? Besides that did the loan not specify MASH/SD had to have 2 places in the Board? Surely if the RIFC Board don't meet the terms of the loan then the loan becomes immediately repayable in full because the debtor has defaulted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Drewboy

I thought the MASH resolution was to repay the loan and release all the security on the repayment of the loan? Besides that did the loan not specify MASH/SD had to have 2 places in the Board? Surely if the RIFC Board don't meet the terms of the loan then the loan becomes immediately repayable in full because the debtor has defaulted?

Yes if only that were true this would all be over and the loan would not exist and Ashley would have control etc etc.....but it is not true so we move on.

Take a step back, look at the statement and think of the bigger picture.

This is a business negotiation and all these little spats are part of that business negotiation.

Rangers do not need to repay the debt at this time so choose not to do so, Ashley wants to apply a little pressure but knows it's really a waste of time and expense....now someone else's expense of course hence his call for the GM. Re the board positions he has not requested those seats so it is irrelevant

This still has some time to go I'm sure but really at the end of the day it's business and between two parties that are tied together but who do not really like each other.

The speculation by some about ability to repay the loan should be dismissed. Too many people are looking at King and fail to see the other businessmen involved who also have funds available. Those businessmen have a good track record and the money...for example Douglas Park who is mentioned in the Sunday Times rich list

Douglas Park and family (car sales, transport): ?95m, +?17m

I wonder who chose who was staying and who wasn't? Also what were the considerations give to the selection criteria and process?

bit like what Hibs did last season emptying load of players

however contracts have ended and its surely down to money

Rangers will pay lower wages now surely

Yes if only that were true this would all be over and the loan would not exist and Ashley would have control etc etc.....but it is not true so we move on.

Take a step back, look at the statement and think of the bigger picture.

This is a business negotiation and all these little spats are part of that business negotiation.

Rangers do not need to repay the debt at this time so choose not to do so, Ashley wants to apply a little pressure but knows it's really a waste of time and expense....now someone else's expense of course hence his call for the GM. Re the board positions he has not requested those seats so it is irrelevant

This still has some time to go I'm sure but really at the end of the day it's business and between two parties that are tied together but who do not really like each other.

The speculation by some about ability to repay the loan should be dismissed. Too many people are looking at King and fail to see the other businessmen involved who also have funds available. Those businessmen have a good track record and the money...for example Douglas Park who is mentioned in the Sunday Times rich list

Douglas Park and family (car sales, transport): ?95m, +?17m

So does anyone outside the Board and MASH know what the terms of the ?5m loan are? From what I've read on here the terms required MASH the ability to appoint 2 Board members, whether MASH chooses to hold the Board to those terms are for MA & Co. MASH is now giving the Board a way out, if they have and are willing to spend the cash, and MASH is publicly showing the Zombie support that he will give up any security on repayment. Surely the Board must delivery on their rhetoric and remove the big stick that MASH is holding over the Board? I would imagine that the MASH ?5m is tied up in a bulletproof agreement and the muscles are now being flexed, pay up or I'll take control of the securities for good?

From what that second resolution says are the Board not just officially saying that they want to renegotiate the terms of the retail contracts? Something that I doubt MASH have to adhere to unless there is something in it for them!

I don't think anyone is saying that King, Park etc don't have the money but you don't get on the rich list by giving your hard earned cash away without some way of getting it back!

Edited by Drewboy

Victor Meldrew

I suspect what Ashley is doing is trying to expose King as a man of straw - the hope will be that fans and the media will start asking why King doesn't just stump up ?5m of the vast fortune he was supposedly prepared to plough into Rangers to get rid of Ashley?

I think they're quite brave to take on Ashley. With the loans in place and security over Murray Park, he's in a strong position if they can't repay when the money's due. There's a good reason why Douglas Park et al haven't put serious money into the club.

Tasavallan

No real surprise that, within 3 days of Sevco failing to win promotion to the big league, Mike Ashley has acted.

It is al bluster, but Ashley does have the better hand.

Look you've been told time & time again. This is NOT a business negotiation, Ashley is not negotiating with anyone & want his loan paid back in full, sevco are reneging on the deal hence the forced egm. Worst case scenario could ultimately see Ashley seeking to take over the secured assets in court due to non payment of this loan.

This is a very risky game kings playing with the secured assets. Prob because he doesn't want to pay Ashley 7 years worth of sales for him to walk away.

Sad but predictable response.

You really like making things up...........Sevco are not reneging on the deal (so far) but go ahead and post it anyway. Not like you to get things wrong re this subject !!!...too much emotional attachment and rage in your posts to see the reality of the situation. It seems you really do need someone to guide you along the way so I'm glad to help.

Of course if you have proof of this deal being reneged on please let us know for I'm sure the media would love the story.............imagine that a deal / contract not being kept to but Mike Ashley and his lawyers have not yet gone to court.

Whether some on here like it or not Mike Ashley holds all the aces regarding the loan transaction and does not have to renegogiate any part of the deals he has done.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whether some on here like it or not Mike Ashley holds all the aces regarding the loan transaction and does not have to renegogiate any part of the deals he has done.

In a nutshell.

Both motions are futile. There will be no renegotiation of the deal and no repayment of the money. The only question is whether Ashley enforces his right to have 2 board members after the refusal to pay occurs.

I suggest you read this piece & educate yourself. It's that simple even you should understand it. [emoji106]

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-ask-shareholders-boot-out-5818216

6f15d542b82fff28a6840e64445b844f.jpg

Failng to answer the question put to you I see.. tells us everything we need to know...you posted a porkie, got caught out and try to deflect from it.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

My view is that is all part of a bigger negotiation process (as does most of the media etc), you don't think so and ner the twain will meet.........but you still got it wrong and refusing to admit it simply confirms my statement.......too emotional in your responses to this topic.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic