The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

tartofmidlothian

What about Miller? Surely need to get him off the wage bill.

He was given an automatic extension, they'd have to pay him off.

Is Wallace not also out of contract? They must be trying to keep him.

Jambo-Jimbo

He was given an automatic extension, they'd have to pay him off.

Is Wallace not also out of contract? They must be trying to keep him.

I think Wallace has another year left, sure he signed a 5 year deal with them.

Seems Hibs are snapping up a few players early that will leave less for Rangers.

I read that McCall had a list of targets, but I wonder if he waiting for a job offer before handing it over!

I assume they cant/wont be able to sign anyone until they get a manager sorted.

The Comedian

Sure he triggered a clause in his contract giving him an extra year so I'd guess that if they wanted rid, they'd have to pay up his contract.

Like all good Rangers men he should be forfeiting his money. That's how it works I believe.

doctor jambo

Rangers should be happy- they are now an established mid rank club and have consolidated their position in the Championship with a 3rd place finnish.

They now have 8 weeks to recruit a manager, an entire team and a whole youth squad to replace the one that was pumped brutally by Celtic, hire a scouting network, find players and trim ?1million per month from their running costs.

All whilst Hibs are signing decent players

I mean , why would the fans not happily dish out 5% more than the current rate of inflation?

I P Knightley

Like all good Rangers men he should be forfeiting his money. That's how it works I believe.

Expect a campaign in the Record any day now. 

Eventually they'll get round to a campaign encouraging "good Rangers man" Dave King to stump up some of his kids' inheritance money. Like he said he would.

They're goosed.

The Gasman

Now obviously this is old news, but it means for ?52,561 he owned 6.45% of Newco.

So it means the whole club is only worth ?1 million lol

Others have explained what's incorrect with your assumptions - but the last time someone bought the whole Club and all its assets, they only paid about ?5m for it, the time before that the Club and all its assets was bought for only ?1..! :blink:

Seymour M Hersh

Sure he triggered a clause in his contract giving him an extra year so I'd guess that if they wanted rid, they'd have to pay up his contract.

I thought (or perhaps hoped) elbows had done the same.

The Gasman

a few rumours about him leaving on social media

One I read suggested he's been told he can go if he can find another Club - but that will likely depend on whether he's willing to take a massive pay cut - or see out his current big bucks contract....

Spellczech

So funny that the majority of contracts were to expire on planned promotion to the top league, and now they have to do their rebuild for another year in the Championship! Going to be so much harder to get "value for money" players...

Jambof3tornado

They will have to rebuild for the championship then rebuild for the top flight assuming they come up next time.

Cant believe the audacity of our club in messing with their plans.

Lol.

Spellczech

They will have to rebuild for the championship then rebuild for the top flight assuming they come up next time.

Cant believe the audacity of our club in messing with their plans.

Lol.

and the way Hibs are doing business and clearly doing it early so they can try to hit the ground running and emulate us this year, Sevco have a fight on their hands. I wasn't expecting to be interested, but thre first 2 months of the Championship might be amusing to keep an eye on...Wonder if the SFA computer will throw up an opening day visit to Ibrox for the Hibees?

Ron Swanson

and the way Hibs are doing business and clearly doing it early so they can try to hit the ground running and emulate us this year, Sevco have a fight on their hands. I wasn't expecting to be interested, but thre first 2 months of the Championship might be amusing to keep an eye on...Wonder if the SFA computer will throw up an opening day visit to Ibrox for the Hibees?

Didn't exactly do us any harm did it?

Spellczech

yep but I suspect it went counter to the way the computer intended...

Spellczech

Spellczech

moreover I suspect Hibs would love to land an opening day visit to Ibrox given Sevco's situation, but idoubt the computer will be so kind...I suspect they'll get a home tie with Sevco in Round 9 lol

Hagar the Horrible

So out of that lot all that's left is Andy Murdoch who with a proper coach could turn him into a player and McGregor who at least tries, Lee Wallace too late for him, he showed loyalty to a club that did not deserve it, he should have put himself first?

of the ones that have left, 2 of the Newcastle 5 Ferguson and Vuckic looked good, please god none of the rest to us please!!!!!!

Spellczech

So out of that lot all that's left is Andy Murdoch who with a proper coach could turn him into a player and McGregor who at least tries, Lee Wallace too late for him, he showed loyalty to a club that did not deserve it, he should have put himself first?of the ones that have left, 2 of the Newcastle 5 Ferguson and Vuckic looked good, please god none of the rest to us please!!!!!!

just goes to show how far Sevco have fallen. Promising young players used to rot on their bench once signed, now they rot in the first team!...Wallace, Templeton, Daily...

Hannibal Lecter

just goes to show how far Sevco have fallen. Promising young players used to rot on their bench once signed, now they rot in the first team!...Wallace, Templeton, Daily...

Apart from Daly who was 30 when he signed for them.

I wonder who chose who was staying and who wasn't? Also what were the considerations give to the selection criteria and process?

Edited by Dannie Boy

frank skinner

The Baltic carthorse must have a water tight contract.I wonder how much he's hoovering up a week ?

Unknown user

I wonder who chose who was staying and who wasn't? Also what were the considerations give to the selection criteria and process?

I've been wondering this too

John Greig and Bomber I'd imagine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambo-Jimbo

I've been wondering this too

Looks like everybody whose contract was up anyway is being let go & none are being renewed.

I think wee stevie might have had something to do with it, if he's still there?

Malinga the Swinga

The Baltic carthorse must have a water tight contract.I wonder how much he's hoovering up a week ?

Sorry but who is this Baltic cart horse that you speak of? I know that our legendary cup winning captain is at Rangers for one more year, but no Hearts supporter would ever be so ignorant as to disparage his achievement on May 19th 2012.

Sorry but who is this Baltic cart horse that you speak of? I know that our legendary cup winning captain is at Rangers for one more year, but no Hearts supporter would ever be so ignorant as to disparage his achievement on May 19th 2012.

Yup.

Despite all his faults he captained us to our greatest ever result and I will always remember him and his celebrations fondly. Some strange Hearts fans around here.

Of course. Which makes it all the sweeter. Rather than the expected head start for Sevco, it got us off to a flier. Possibly the result that made our whole season. The computer was left with a lot of egg on its face...

The Gasman

I'm slightly surprised that King doesn't seem to have had a plan A and a plan B, ready to implement one of them straight after Sunday's game..?

Transfer window opens in a week, and they may receive enquiries about some of their young players. They have to build a whole first team, and yet still haven't appointed a manager, or coaching staff, and still not done anything to persuade fans to buy season tickets whenever they put them on sale....

They don't seem to be leaving themselves an awful lot of time, to do a hell of a lot of work....

Unknown user

Looks like everybody whose contract was up anyway is being let go & none are being renewed.

I think wee stevie might have had something to do with it, if he's still there?

Temps has also been told he's free to leave although he's got a year left (I assume he'll laugh and accept several grand a week for the next year).

Who has the authority to make that football decision just now?

Sad to see so many of the high earners leaving newco.  Good to see they got some rubbish still left under contract though lol

Angus Young

Temps has also been told he's free to leave although he's got a year left (I assume he'll laugh and accept several grand a week for the next year).

What a waste he was my fav player when he was with us best to stick him in Allys Garden for the next year

Spellczech

Can someone tell Levein and Neilson that they simply must go and offer ?25k for Murdoch/ Walsh/ both this week...? Lol

Diadora Van Basten

I would take a gamble on Kris Boyd. If we could get him fit he would be a real asset.

Spellczech

I would take a gamble on Kris Boyd. If we could get him fit he would be a real asset.

has he ever been fit? Somehow Sevco contrived to pair a hardworking forward who got loads of caps because he bust a gut, with a slightly lazy poacher as a dream team strikeforce and barely get double figures from the pair together...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not sure if serious.

Has to be in jest without a smiley or jokey indication added to your post?

Rudolf's Mate

I said this when we were last linked to him. How feckin wrong was I and many, many others! 

The guys has been a complete failure and now looks well past it! There's no hope for him and I nearly laughed like **** when I saw that Killie (supposedly) have him as their no1 transfer target :wow:

:rofl:

Unknown user

Can someone tell Levein and Neilson that they simply must go and offer ?25k for Murdoch/ Walsh/ both this week...? Lol

:laugh: wouldn't it be great though, just once? I kept hearing about Sinnamon a few months ago, throw him in and we'll call it 30k

I would take Walsh in a (no pun intended) heart beat, was very impressed by him in the two play off games he looks very, very comfortable on the ball, Murdoch aye I suppose so would rather have Scott Allan though.

dear God! I was getting more and more incredulous as I clicked through them! Lol Old Firm fans called "Phil" should have their computers locked away...

I saw 20 and that seemed reasonable then clicked on 19 and read some nonsense about sky then gave up

Spellczech

I saw 20 and that seemed reasonable then clicked on 19 and read some nonsense about sky then gave up

it is worth sticking in there just for comedy value, though some are really just different flavours of the same biscuit... Also cannot believe he missed that Rangers won the inaugural Tennents Sixes, and indeed won it it twice to Celtic's once!

You should have stuck it out to the "Rangers were the first British club" , that's British club, not Scottish , to reach a European final. 

I'd have thought Celtic actually winning the blue riband trophy in European football , the European Cup, might have made them feel a bit less hateful towards Rangers.

That would be in the same year that Rangers lost yet another European final in a second rate ECWC tournament.

Spellczech

You should have stuck it out to the "Rangers were the first British club" , that's British club, not Scottish , to reach a European final. 

I'd have thought Celtic actually winning the blue riband trophy in European football , the European Cup, might have made them feel a bit less hateful towards Rangers.

That would be in the same year that Rangers lost yet another European final in a second rate ECWC tournament.

ah but one of the other ones was that the CWC is defunct now sooooooooo...Celtic can NEVER win it! And what's more....Rangers CAN still win the Europeab Cup/CL!

Great stuff!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic