The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Abbey Craig

Don't know if this has been posted already, apologies if it has.

Anyway, I see the Sons of Struth are publicly going out of their way to help Newcastle fans take on Mike Ashley.

You know, in case he didn't have enough of a personal grudge against rangers already- you can never have too many massively rich enemies I always think

They can pick our brains as much as they wish and see if the ideas that we had that were successful can be of any use to them.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/rangers/rangers-fans-offer-support-to-toon-army-ahead-of-ashley-protests-203413n.123220068

The best of Houston's daydream must be:

"They can pick our brains as much as they wish and see if the ideas that we had that were successful can be of any use to them.". So, in SoS terminology, they were successful in getting rid of big Mike? If this is success, what would failure look like?

The best of Houston's daydream must be:

"They can pick our brains as much as they wish and see if the ideas that we had that were successful can be of any use to them.". So, in SoS terminology, they were successful in getting rid of big Mike? If this is success, what would failure look like?

That was my favourite part as well.  If Newcastle need to rely on picking the brains of Rangers fans, then I don't hold out much hope for them.

Surely if Mr Ashley wanted to maximise profits on his Rangers merchandise he would have one of his companies make the strips as well, maybe even changing the brand name from say Dunlop to Hunlop?

Big Mike, could be a very bad enemy - he is already enemies with the new Rangers Board and King. 

We have not heard the last of him ....   ooooooo.  

Angus Young

Big Mike, could be a very bad enemy - he is already enemies with the new Rangers Board and King. 

We have not heard the last of him ....   ooooooo.  

He will be running scared when he sets his eyes on this   http://ashleyout.com/

GMEdinburgh

Surely if Mr Ashley wanted to maximise profits on his Rangers merchandise he would have one of his companies make the strips as well, maybe even changing the brand name from say Dunlop to Hunlop?

I'm sure Ashley has a large percentage in Puma as well as Londsdale etc that normally sell in his shops.

I'm sure Ashley has a large percentage in Puma as well as Londsdale etc that normally sell in his shops.

Don't think Puma will be one of his. Slazenger, Dunlop etc are all Sports Direct regulars.

Dalstonjambo

I'm sure Ashley has a large percentage in Puma as well as Londsdale etc that normally sell in his shops.

From what i can see Ashley doesn't hold any of Puma.

So, the strength of rangers promotion bid lies in loaned players from a club where the owner's dual interest resulted in a derisory fine and is strengthened by loans provided by the same person just to keep the club solvent. The media in this country, though, are only interested in the loanees impact.

Angus Young

So, the strength of rangers promotion bid lies in loaned players from a club where the owner's dual interest resulted in a derisory fine and is strengthened by loans provided by the same person just to keep the club solvent. The media in this country, though, are only interested in the loanees impact.

Remember Paddy and his loanees that went well these loanees will be offski at the end off the season

And their inability to pay the loan fee up front - they have to pay ?500K if they go up. I'd also like to see proof that Sevco is actually  paying the ?5k per week towards the players wages. It beggars belief they could afford to sign another 5 players on the payroll (even at ?5k per week , per player) given the money they are currently burning.

Angus Young

And their inability to pay the loan fee up front - they have to pay ?500K if they go up. I'd also like to see proof that Sevco is actually  paying the ?5k per week towards the players wages. It beggars belief they could afford to sign another 5 players on the payroll (even at ?5k per week , per player) given the money they are currently burning.

and they are burning a huge amount of cash on duds  http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/04/wages-rangers-set-to-save-nearly-half.html? i like the bit about super ally being the top earner  :bandana:

This is more financial doping by Sevco.

This is exactly why there are rules about owning two clubs. Here, Newcastle are clearly subsidising Sevco. No loan arrangment at arms length would be agreed like this. I am amazed Hibs, QoS and otheres don't have more to say about this. 

Getting awful close to payday - I wonder where the money is coming from to cover this months salaries?

Diadora Van Basten

Getting awful close to payday - I wonder where the money is coming from to cover this months salaries?

I can't see the three bears or King putting their hand in their pocket.

My guess is they will let the Paye payment or VAT payments slip until they get the season ticket money in.

Jambof3tornado

My guess is they will let the Paye payment or VAT payments slip until they get the season ticket money in.

They wont be allowed to fall behind on VAT or PAYE. Well, normally a company so soon after insolvency issues wouldnt be permitted to fall behind that is!!!

The Mighty Thor

This is more financial doping by Sevco.

I am amazed Hibs, QoS and otheres don't have more to say about this. 

FOI requests will be getting typed as we speak.

Nor can I - stories floating around through west indicating that Park and Co are becoming increasingly unhappy at King not producing the money that he said he would.

Nor can I - stories floating around through west indicating that Park and Co are becoming increasingly unhappy at King not producing the money that he said he would.

Deevers, I know you're not someone that posts nonsense on here but I'm going to be a bit mischievous here and say "where are these stories and what are they?"  Do we have any reliable sources (e.g. media) giving any credence to this?  My suspicion is that it is coming from nowhere and, while I'd love it to be true, is it anything more than Facebook garbage?

Footballfirst

It seems that the new matched share trading service for RIFC provided by JP Jenkins is up and running.  The shares traded today were at 27.5p, whereas they were trading around 35p when they were suspended at the beginning of March.

http://lmmx.co.uk/companies/profile/rangers-international-foofball-club-plc/

Edited by Footballfirst

Deevers, I know you're not someone that posts nonsense on here but I'm going to be a bit mischievous here and say "where are these stories and what are they?"  Do we have any reliable sources (e.g. media) giving any credence to this?  My suspicion is that it is coming from nowhere and, while I'd love it to be true, is it anything more than Facebook garbage?

Just the chat I have heard from one or two folk I know through west and who are Rangers fans - they seem to fall into two categories through there. Those who have taken in everything King has said, hook, line and sinker, and those who are a lot more suspicious about the goings on. Those that keep their ears to the ground seem to think that there is growing suspicion between "the Bears" and King.

Hagar the Horrible

It seems that the new matched share trading service for RIFC provided by JP Jenkins is up and running.  The shares traded today were at 27.5p, whereas they were trading around 35p when they were suspended at the beginning of March.

http://lmmx.co.uk/companies/profile/rangers-international-foofball-club-plc/

Bejeezus they are trading from some teenagers bedroom? what happened to the new one?

Angus Young

When is Sevcos next pay day due anyone know ? i wonder who will pony up this months onerous pay roll 

It may all be shite but amusing nevertheless

Phil MacGiollaBhain ?@Pmacgiollabhain 5m5 minutes ago

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/general-ashley-and-the-ibrox-mice/#more-6189? Sources inform me that New Regime have been knocking on doors in the Square Mile, but to no avail.

And this one :

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/celtic-send-letter-to-uefa-about-resolution-12/#more-6195

If UEFA find in Celtic's favour ( a big "if" ) then it will be the end of the road for a number of people at the SFA.

No one in the media will be able to spin this one IMO. 

And let's not forget that this is only being pursued because Celtic shareholders raised it at their AGM and forced the club to act. 

If UEFA find in Celtic's favour ( a big "if" ) then it will be the end of the road for a number of people at the SFA.

No one in the media will be able to spin this one IMO. 

And let's not forget that this is only being pursued because Celtic shareholders raised it at their AGM and forced the club to act. 

What a remarkable coincidence that news of this letter is being revealed right now, just as Celtic and the SFA are having a wee lovers' tiff.

What a remarkable coincidence that news of this letter is being revealed right now, just as Celtic and the SFA are having a wee lovers' tiff.

What's remarkable about it ? The resolution 12 scenario is well known and understood. The SFA already knew Celtic supporters were furious about the granting of the licence to Rangers RIP. What did the SFA think Celtic were going to do - raise a motion at the agm (after trying to ignore their own fans & shareholders requests for the club to act) and then bury it (which they tried and failed to do) ?

What's remarkable about it ? The resolution 12 scenario is well known and understood. The SFA already knew Celtic supporters were furious about the granting of the licence to Rangers RIP. What did the SFA think Celtic were going to do - raise a motion at the agm (after trying to ignore their own fans & shareholders requests for the club to act) and then bury it (which they tried and failed to do) ?

How long has the Resolution 12 issue been running, and how long is it since we heard anything about it? And news of this letter hits right now? It would require an extremely naive person to believe that this was a pure coincidence. :)

Why would Celtic pursue a course of action that could lead to Rangers being forced out of business again? Only last week they were telling us that they lost ?10m per season as a result of not having them in the top league.

A nonsense rumour I'd say.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why would Celtic pursue a course of action that could lead to Rangers being forced out of business again? Only last week they were telling us that they lost ?10m per season as a result of not having them in the top league.

A nonsense rumour I'd say.

Probably.

It is important to note that they claim they've lost ?10m in revenue rather than ?10m off the bottom line though.

So why have Celtic sat on this for 3 years,why bring it up now,eh?

The rush by some to seemingly want to see the demise of a football club saddens me.

Thousands of innocent fans would be left without a club to support.........the previous owners certainly have or had a case to answer but the majority of the fans were in the same situation as we were a short time ago.

Whilst it is right a full investigation is warranted the fans are the innocent party in this and do not deserve to lose their club.

In the 1950's and 60's I'd have gone along with your comments.

This is 2015 and the sheer audacity of their fans is appalling.  I no longer care what happens to them.  We're talking about a football club but more often than not they are just a hotbed of bigotry and fake unionist politics.  You don't agree?:  Check this out then.  http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?s=3e3ee3a983c475a91defcbe38321c80c&showtopic=282305

I don't like Charles Green one bit but he really did know how to manipulate them to his personal financial advantage. 

Says it all.

Seymour M Hersh

The rush by some to seemingly want to see the demise of a football club saddens me.

Thousands of innocent fans would be left without a club to support.........the previous owners certainly have or had a case to answer but the majority of the fans were in the same situation as we were a short time ago.

Whilst it is right a full investigation is warranted the fans are the innocent party in this and do not deserve to lose their club.

On some levels I almost agree with you but to describe orcs as innocent fans?.

Most of their fans attitude totally stunk. Blaming everyone else. Shouting abuse at folk, for the crime of wanting Rangers treated the same as other clubs. Threatening boycotts. Some, of course, also threatened the odd journalist who spoke against them, and even abused them and their family in the streets. Jim Spence comes to mind.

So sorry, a large number of them are not just like us.

Edited by Claudia

Be sad then, you're probably on your own.

Having to listen to them spout their pish over the years, I have no sympathy for them at all, let them rot!

Independence

In that case you just don't understand the true feelings of all fans outside the OF or bigot bothers. I have supported Hearts for over 50 years and watched whilst both sides of the OF have bullied and  exploited Scottish football and patronised other teams on every occasion. Their fans (majority) are bigots and to a large extent define what 'glory hunter' means. Their fans have travelled throughout Europe causing mayhem at every opportunity. Just ask the public and security services in Manchester. They embarrass Scotland. For goodness sake its not that long ago that the old Rangers had a policy of not signing (or allowing to work at Ibrox) any catholic. Alex Ferguson was treated badly because his girlfriend (to be wife) was a catholic. After watching the antics of both OF clubs for over 50 years I would love to see them go bust!

Whilst I feel sorry for the thousands of ordinary fans, I have no such feelings about the thousands of uber bigots, glory hunters, and assorted fan dans who follow the club. They have made little or no effort to try and dig themselves out of the mess that they are in. Instead we get out pouring of bile and venom directed at everyone else and a huge sense of entitlement. That's what sickens most other people who support other clubs about them. Maybe had there been some humility about the years of cheating the rest of us, folk might feel differently. No sign of that though, nor is there ever likely to be.

He's mocking Phil 3 Names, apparently.

He's got a cheek given the plethora of absolute shit that he's put into print over the years.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic