The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Seymour M Hersh

Isn't Paul Murray an accountant by profession.  He looks dour enough to have worked out the exact numbers.

Looks like a second hand car salesman but maybe not as trustworthy. Has a brass neck bleating about how poor the previous regime was considering how "splendid" his own regime were.

Angus Young

Cue a whole lot of inexplicable refereeing decisions that will favour them. Maybe Sunday was just the start of that.

I predict much wailing about refereeing on .net before long!

i have no doubt that referees will have a big say in who goes up cue a few more Andy Davies type last min phantom penalties awarded in favour of Sevco.

Jambo-Jimbo

And a lot of out of contract players, freeing up wages? McCall probably looking like a good choice of manager for their next campaign, as he's proven himself pretty decent at building not bad teams on limited budgets.

Yes true, but will the fans settle for a 'not bad team', not a chance, Champions League and all that.

About this ?1.5 million, this is due for repayment in December, not a month famed for supplying football clubs with barrow loads of cash. The thought then jumps out, where will the money come from in December? Are they hoping for a visit from Santa?

There is no date given for repayment of the loan. The Decmber date is when the loan is available till.

Jambo-Jimbo

spin is now getting cranked up on how we all need rangers in the big league next season   http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-finances-not-the-worst-but-failure-to-win-promotion-would-be-horrendous-says-.121514838? 

i would expect the MSN And GFA To be going with this story.

Article says that Rangers don't owe anything apart from the money to Sports Direct.

What about the ?16m they owe to the holding company, has that just been conveniently forgotten about in this article.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Jambof3tornado

Just as well we won the league at a canter because I'd hate to be in Hibs shoes now. The rangers 2nd goal is just the start of things to come in the run in and play offs. Whoever gets sevco will have to beat them hands down,any close calls will go the way of the blue noses, coz we need them likes!!!

Jambo-Jimbo

spin is now getting cranked up on how we all need rangers in the big league next season   http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-finances-not-the-worst-but-failure-to-win-promotion-would-be-horrendous-says-.121514838? 

Article says that Rangers don't owe anything apart from the money to Sports Direct.

What about the ?16m they owe to the holding company or is that classed as not debt?

Just as well we won the league at a canter because I'd hate to be in Hibs shoes now. The rangers 2nd goal is just the start of things to come in the run in and play offs. Whoever gets sevco will have to beat them hands down,any close calls will go the way of the blue noses, coz we need them likes!!!

Yup, Im glad we are far removed from any injustices that might befall the playoffs

Yup, Im glad we are far removed from any injustices that might befall the playoffs

Got a feeling we are going to see Scottish Football at it's very worst shortly. A compliant media baying for Sevco to be in te top league and the SFA and their minions moving heaven and earth to make it happen. The Hobos should be worried, very, very worried.

tartofmidlothian

Got a feeling we are going to see Scottish Football at it's very worst shortly. A compliant media baying for Sevco to be in te top league and the SFA and their minions moving heaven and earth to make it happen. The Hobos should be worried, very, very worried.

Must admit it's for these reasons I'll be hoping Hibs do well against them. After Sunday they're all set to Hibs it again though. Can't even do Scottish football as a whole a favour without ****ing it up.

I could've prepared that report in an afternoon and without bothering to do any research...same old stuff. Pretty sure it is one of Livingston or Dunfermline which is in a worse position than Sevco. I cannot see Rangers being strong again for many years. Celtic will have their eyes on Ten in a row soon, and huns will demand the auto-destruct button is pressed to prevent it. I don't think the new owners have the will to do it though, so the ructions will start again as the remaining gloryhunters move on to Chelsea or Man City instead

Been saying this for a few weeks. Interesting to see what gives in our two games against them. A few reds for us and penalties for them.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's going to be carnage!

:pleasing:

A lot of people will be shown up too. Managers, refs, players and blazers alike.

Any news on Stubbs comments after the match about Collum being investigated by the SFA? I'd be surprised if he got away with it tbh.

And a lot of out of contract players, freeing up wages? McCall probably looking like a good choice of manager for their next campaign, as he's proven himself pretty decent at building not bad teams on limited budgets.

A lot of out of contract players leaving will certainly reduce costs, but not necessarily free up any wages.

The current wage bill is (relatively) low as a percentage of turnover, that might suggest most of their ongoing losses are due to other "onerous contract", not just players wages.....

I completely agree with you about McCall being a good choice of Manager to try to build up a reasonable team on a budget - but I'm not sure the fans will (ever?) accept a "not bad" team, or that the Board will give him sufficient time to build....

:unsure:

The Mighty Thor

It's going to be carnage!

:pleasing:

A lot of people will be shown up too. Managers, refs, players and blazers alike.

Correct!

The 'best team in the league' are going to be on the receiving end of it. Bone dry. :lol:

Whilst it's really galling and will be a pretty disgusting spectacle, the thought of it getting jammed right up that graceless glass-eyed knob at the Echodome is almost sexual.

I could've prepared that report in an afternoon and without bothering to do any research...same old stuff. Pretty sure it is one of Livingston or Dunfermline which is in a worse position than Sevco. I cannot see Rangers being strong again for many years. Celtic will have their eyes on Ten in a row soon, and huns will demand the auto-destruct button is pressed to prevent it. I don't think the new owners have the will to do it though, so the ructions will start again as the remaining gloryhunters move on to Chelsea or Man City instead

Robbie Neilson should be ashamed of himself - he has ruined Scottish Football.      :qqb004:

Correct!

The 'best team in the league' are going to be on the receiving end of it. Bone dry. :lol:

Whilst it's really galling and will be a pretty disgusting spectacle, the thought of it getting jammed right up that graceless glass-eyed knob at the Echodome is almost sexual.

I disagree with this 100%. Its like we are saying that corruption and manipulation is okay as long as it isn't applied to our detriment.

Hibs being cheated out of a place in the top league they have actually earned more than Rangers up to now (seeing as they are above them as it stands at the moment) is something we should be fiercely against. Its utterly abhorrent if it happens, no matter how odious the club is that is disadvantaged and if it happens to Hibs you can be sure the next time an opportunity comes along it will happen to us.

Somewhat nievely perhaps, I believe that, whatever they might privately want or believe to be in the best interests of Scottish football, with the odd exception and the occasional howler and a sprinkling of fear and incompetence, it gets played pretty straight and Rangers wont get up unless they actually work for it and deserve it.

tartofmidlothian

I disagree with this 100%. Its like we are saying that corruption and manipulation is okay as long as it isn't applied to our detriment.

Hibs being cheated out of a place in the top league they have actually earned more than Rangers up to now (seeing as they are above them as it stands at the moment) is something we should be fiercely against. Its utterly abhorrent if it happens, no matter how odious the club is that is disadvantaged and if it happens to Hibs you can be sure the next time an opportunity comes along it will happen to us.

Somewhat nievely perhaps, I believe that, whatever they might privately want or believe to be in the best interests of Scottish football, with the odd exception and the occasional howler and a sprinkling of fear and incompetence, it gets played pretty straight and Rangers wont get up unless they actually work for it and deserve it.

Christ, I agree with you!

Well, not quite the last bit.

Getintaethem

Rangers are still a poor football team. One result, against a tactically naive Stubbs, doesn't change that fact.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Correct!

After their conspicuous lack of empathy for any of our own shitendofthestickings, I'll find it hard to voice much sympathy to be honest.

That's brilliant:

Only one club in Scotland's top three divisions shows signs of critical financial distress, down by two thirds since a year ago, and by 75% since 2012.

So, in other words, it was 4 in 2012, and 3 in 2014?

Thanks Geoff......when was Douglas Park on the Hearts' board? Was it later than 1998?

Any news on Stubbs comments after the match about Collum being investigated by the SFA? I'd be surprised if he got away with it tbh.

Part of the sweeping will be not to cite Stubbs for anything. Softly, softly approach.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thanks Geoff......when was Douglas Park on the Hearts' board? Was it later than 1998?

He was on the board during the Mercer era. I can't recall when he stepped down but I'm sure it was before the Robinson / Deans takeover.

They'll obviously be hoping for promotion & the hordes to flock back & buy up S.t's as well as a decent take up on the new rights issue to top that up with.

I'd imagine next seasons wage bill will be substantially lower & McCall to wheel & deal to bring in players cheaply like he did at M/well.

The onerous contracts & Ashleys loan will obviously eat into the turnover until they sort that issue out.

Just exactly what kind of a mess kings inherited we'll not know until he releases that info, but going on the last 3 years I'd imaging its substantial financially tbh.

I imagine it must be quite difficult to negotiate low wages when you have agents who know exactly what sevco pay some absolute dross, and can use arguments about supporters' expectations, pressure etc...

i wish jj was my dad

He was on the board during the Mercer era. I can't recall when he stepped down but I'm sure it was before the Robinson / Deans takeover.

IIRC Park was emptied from the board after locking Ibrox season ticket-holding ref Davie Syme in his room/cupboard following a controversial win for Rangers at Tynecastle 

WorldChampions1902

Firstly, I would totally agree that Collum's failure to award Hibs a free kick after that challenge on a Hanlon was an absolute disgrace.

However, given that HIBS failed to register one shot on target during the entire 90 minutes suggests that it would have made no difference to the final outcome.

Now to my main point. NO Scottish football clubs have the right to complain about Referreeing incompetence, favouritism or whatever, after they collectively sat on their hands and failed to support Hearts with their many complaints during the Romanov era.

Suck it up! And suck up the remainder of injustices coming your way during the run-in.

Yet another fine example of Karma.

A lot of out of contract players leaving will certainly reduce costs, but not necessarily free up any wages.

The current wage bill is (relatively) low as a percentage of turnover, that might suggest most of their ongoing losses are due to other "onerous contract", not just players wages.....

I completely agree with you about McCall being a good choice of Manager to try to build up a reasonable team on a budget - but I'm not sure the fans will (ever?) accept a "not bad" team, or that the Board will give him sufficient time to build....

:unsure:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-release-full-year-report-reveals-3397513 latest figures availablecsay ratio of wages to turnover was 99%...that's not relatively low to my mind. It leaves just enough money to run a few lights...

niblick1874

Firstly, I would totally agree that Collum's failure to award Hibs a free kick after that challenge on a Hanlon was an absolute disgrace.

However, given that HIBS failed to register one shot on target during the entire 90 minutes suggests that it would have made no difference to the final outcome.

Now to my main point. NO Scottish football clubs have the right to complain about Referreeing incompetence, favouritism or whatever, after they collectively sat on their hands and failed to support Hearts with their many complaints during the Romanov era.

Suck it up! And suck up the remainder of injustices coming your way during the run-in.

That attitude could well bring karma back to haunt us. We can sit back and smile at what is about to take place but if we turn our backs on it our bums may get bitten.

Just for those who don't know-Karma doesn't exist

Edited by hydeparkhearts

Geoff Kilpatrick

The only karma here is for the 'Tache, part of the movement to create the Sevco parachute.

:jjyay:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Wee bit of revisionism there. Romanov's childish ramblings were an embarrassment and nothing like Levein's admirable, principled stance. Let's not pretend Vlad's paranoia and deflection were legitimate comment on the state of our game.

kingantti1874

Wee bit of revisionism there. Romanov's childish ramblings were an embarrassment and nothing like Levein's admirable, principled stance. Let's not pretend Vlad's paranoia and deflection were legitimate comment on the state of our game.

To be fair to vlad one of his first experiences of scottish refereeing was mikogate

Isn't Paul Murray an accountant by profession. He looks dour enough to have worked out the exact numbers.

His background is private equity - I used to work beside him. That was a good few years ago though so not sure what he's been up to recently. Other than being a director of a subsequently liquidated football club.

Seymour M Hersh

As oddly worded as the comments often were and as utterly distasteful they clearly were to your sensitive soul he was not wrong on many of them.

WorldChampions1902

I think you need to read my original post again.

At no point does it support Romanov's 'antics' which I agree were out of order most of the time. I was and still am talking about the many shocking decisions made by match officials during Romanov's involvement with our club. Exactly the same (valid) point now being made by our 'aggrieved' friends in green following Collum's shocking performance at the weekend.

Diadora Van Basten

His background is private equity - I used to work beside him. That was a good few years ago though so not sure what he's been up to recently. Other than being a director of a subsequently liquidated football club.

I would imagine the three bears will not enjoy seeing his caller ID on their phones in the next few months as he begs them for cash to fund the losses.

Can someone explain how Paul Murray is allowed to be a director when he was part of the liquidated Rangers?

Why is it only King that has to pass the FPP?

'Ian Davidson, chairman of the Scottish affairs committee, said Sports Direct had ?shafted? taxpayers, suppliers and workers'

Wonder how Mr Davidson, parliamentary RSC chief described RFC(IL)conduct?

Must admit it's for these reasons I'll be hoping Hibs do well against them. After Sunday they're all set to Hibs it again though. Can't even do Scottish football as a whole a favour without ******* it up.

I imagined the last line said with such disgust it made me laugh out loud!

Footballfirst

Can someone explain how Paul Murray is allowed to be a director when he was part of the liquidated Rangers?

Why is it only King that has to pass the FPP?

He was sacked by Craig Whyte two weeks after the takeover in May 2011, 9 months before administration and a further 7 months before liquidation. His sacking probably lets him off with the involvement in an insolvent club in the past 5 years.

King stayed on until the administrators dismissed him in February 2012 when RFC went into administration.

Edited by Footballfirst

Malinga the Swinga

'Ian Davidson, chairman of the Scottish affairs committee, said Sports Direct had ?shafted? taxpayers, suppliers and workers'Wonder how Mr Davidson, parliamentary RSC chief described RFC(IL)conduct?

I imagine as one of Ra Peepul, Mr Davidson will either blame HMRC, Lloyds Bank or, more likely, the Catholic Church, for Rangers going into liquidation. As we all know, Any board before Craigy boy took over was blameless, and even some directors who served with him should escape any blame.

Angus Young

looking at MSM News it is all positive about rangers ex players wanting to return fans backing the team McColl is the best thing since sliced bread, a Big change from a week ago, as i munch my popcorn i think hobos are doomed but let this party play out as i am enjoying watching.

I Do not think Mr Petrie is though. :nozal:

Back to 2005

IIRC Park was emptied from the board after locking Ibrox season ticket-holding ref Davie Syme in his room/cupboard following a controversial win for Rangers at Tynecastle

Should have been emptied for letting him out!

@tedermeatballs: Stay tuned for news of some incredible wiggery-pokery. (and they thought it was all over)

@tedermeatballs: Stay tuned for news of some incredible wiggery-pokery. (and they thought it was all over)

Wiggery-pokery? - I've always been convinced Paul Murray's hair is not his own...

jamboinglasgow

Ah Keith Jackson late night tease which becomes something really minor which was not worth staying up for.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic