The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Not really that surprised it hasn't been asked but surely one of the questions should have been "how come Rangers are not a phoenix company for HMRC if they have the same directors in place?"

The company (Sevco) wasn't set up with the same directors and the directors have changed several times during the brief existence so unless there was a clear link between the 'suspect' directors and those who set up the company then I'd doubt a charge of being a phoenix company would stick.

Yes I believe so, King v Ashley is all about power, no way King has the money to oust Ashley, Ashley is ruthless, if he does not get his way way I am convinced he will force Admin and then take it from there. He has the merchandising rights, title to most of their assets ( possibly Ibrox itself - we do not know), King will not put up his own money, indeed some threads suggest he will not repay Ashley's loans - I believe this is not in fighting but out right war! They will, between them, destroy what is left of Sevco hopefully!.

I said on another thread that one of my mates is a Newcastle fan, he said Ashley does not take no as an answer - he is ruthless and "does have off the radar wealth to ensure he wins".

People still believing they are going into admin!

:vrface:

Where do you think all of this is going then Geoff?

If the reports are true about King refusing to repay Ashley's loans and trying to rip up the contracts I can see this getting very messy indeed and Ashley resorting to the courts over it.

Where do you think all of this is going then Geoff?

If the reports are true about King refusing to repay Ashley's loans and trying to rip up the contracts I can see this getting very messy indeed and Ashley resorting to the courts over it.

Yes Geoff, explain your thoughts please!

I have made mine clear!!!!!!!

The clear facts are King was a Director of Oldco and the rules are a 5 year break must be adhered to before he could become a Director of Newco not even the Lying King can get round this fact AIM Are not the weak GFA AIM Rules are in place to stop crooks like King.

Anyone who has invested in any shares quoted on AIM will know that AIM are as toothless and disinterested a body as you could hope to avoid. 

For instance, take the company called Naibu - a Chinese company selling sports shoes and goods. They have two non-Execs in the UK, but the board and Company are in China. The company promised a large dividend then mysteriously cancelled it. The non-execs were perplexed to find no-one at the company would pick up the phone to them - perhaps not surprisingly as the Chief Exec had been in jail for the last three months and no-one knew. As for AIM? not interested....

It's the wild west of stock markets.... fitting really

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes Geoff, explain your thoughts please!

I have made mine clear!!!!!!!

Ok. Admin happens when you can't pay your debts and need protection while you try and sort them out. Let's assume Ashley can call in his loans on Friday, for argument's sake. King and co have a choice of repaying ?5m or losing a lot of company assets, getting share capital burnt and potentially losing control. Do you really think they aren't going to repay him? Ignore any internet bluster and look at reality.

Angus Young

All this politics is very good but at the moment they have clipboard Kenny who is worse than CC Paddy and Butcher was at hibs and even more clueless than McCoist the man is craving to tender his garden AKA Butcher and his Mucker McCoist the 10k per week man.

Ok. Admin happens when you can't pay your debts and need protection while you try and sort them out. Let's assume Ashley can call in his loans on Friday, for argument's sake. King and co have a choice of repaying ?5m or losing a lot of company assets, getting share capital burnt and potentially losing control. Do you really think they aren't going to repay him? Ignore any internet bluster and look at reality.

Ashley is a very successful business man, he is extremely wealthy, as are his businesses! Can King afford to pay him what is due should King & Co win the battle? Or does King go to the Orcs for their money?

Who is going to pay Ashley's reputed ?10m loans, what happens to MA's 5 Newcastle loanee's? Ashley will not walk away with nothing - he is a very successful business man!

Does King have the money!

Final question - who holds the keys to Castle Grey Skull - I still do not know even tough I have tried to get the answer, but with no success! That is the question we need an answer to!

Edited by ollie2004

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ashley is a very successful business man, he is extremely wealthy, as are his businesses! Can King afford to pay him what is due should King & Co win the battle? Or does King go to the Orcs for their money?

Who is going to pay Ashley's reputed ?10m loans, what happens to MA's 5 Newcastle loanee's? Ashley will not walk away with nothing - he is a very successful business man!

Final question - who holds the keys to Castle Grey Skull - I still do not know even tough I have tried to get the answer, but with no success! That is the question we need an answer to!

King is also wealthy as well. Of course, there are questions over how much he will spend on something like paying Ashley and how much RSA will allow him to move out of South Africa. However, I don't think there is anything naive about King either. He would never have spent money on shares without working out where he could be burnt.

King is also wealthy as well. Of course, there are questions over how much he will spend on something like paying Ashley and how much RSA will allow him to move out of South Africa. However, I don't think there is anything naive about King either. He would never have spent money on shares without working out where he could be burnt.

Yes, but in real terms, the money he has put in is peanuts compared to Ashley's input!

Do you agree?

Can King be trusted? I think, if he does become main man? THAT he wiill go to the ORCS with a share issue not tying up his own money - THEN there is AIM, can he beat the 5 year rule?

MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!!!

Angus Young

keys for Castle Grey Skull are tucked up under Chuck greens Bed and Bomber Broon can do one the no mark that he is.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes, but in real terms, the money he has put in is peanuts compared to Ashley's input!

Do you agree?

Can King be trusted? I think, if he does become main man? THAT he wiill go to the ORCS with a share issue not tying up his own money - THEN there is AIM, can he beat the 5 year rule?

MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!!!

Not sure why you are shouting!

Of course, King and his acolytes taking charge will not bring this saga to a close given they are a shambles from top to bottom. Orcs who think that are in for a nasty shock.

Angus Young

Of course, King and his acolytes taking charge will not bring this saga to a close given they are a shambles from top to bottom. Orcs who think that are in for a nasty shock.

2 sevconians i work with saying today that When King is in charge they will very quickly return to the top as the peeple do Big money is on the cards to be spent to rightfully take them to where they belong to be in the Champions League again. Delusion on a grand scale.

King would rather close the upper tier stand than pay MA The place is half empty every week anyway.

Is the club deck not their hospitality section. So closing it could have a big impact to match day revenue.

Not shouting Geoff, simply asking a question which I suspect nobody has an answer! King v Ashley - who sees what and why? Can only be money but King has not invested as much - this far as Ashley - only time will tell!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not shouting Geoff, simply asking a question which I suspect nobody has an answer! King v Ashley - who sees what and why? Can only be money but King has not invested as much - this far as Ashley - only time will tell!

What has Ashley "invested" bar his shares? He's skimming off assets that he wants for Sports Direct, the one thing he is interested in.

And it isn't King vs Ashley at all! One owns 14%, the other owns less than 10% but the latter has a loan which may possibly be a Sword of Damocles. We don't know though.

What has Ashley "invested" bar his shares? He's skimming off assets that he wants for Sports Direct, the one thing he is interested in.

And it isn't King vs Ashley at all! One owns 14%, the other owns less than 10% but the latter has a loan which may possibly be a Sword of Damocles. We don't know though.

?10m plus 2 Directors plus 5 loanee players!

Kings 14% is worthless really if he has no control, I simply cannot see Ashley lose!

If as it appears, that King wins the EGM vote why would Ashley not call in his loans, after all they had sub - clauses  namely 2 seats on the board, King breaches those conditions, then reputedly refusing to repay loans then out and out war!

Nothing GFA can do to prevent legal battle IMO!

Edited by ollie2004

By The Light..

2 sevconians i work with saying today that When King is in charge they will very quickly return to the top as the peeple do Big money is on the cards to be spent to rightfully take them to where they belong to be in the Champions League again. Delusion on a grand scale.

I got that today as well, i said maybe you're just a wee team from Glasgow! Apparently they are the only show in town. yes Billy Smarts circus.

The delusion from Rangers supporters is incredible; I had the misfortune to be in a cab with one in Edinburgh a few nights ago, started as an OK discussion but went south quickly (glad it was a short taxi ride).

There are clearly some supporters who understand the predicament they are in, and what got them there, but there are too many that think the world owes them something. Their WATP attitude is what makes many people despise their club, I know I do (however, had they shown contrition en masse I would have not felt that way). I have never hated them more, even when they were sweeping up titles.

I don't think anyone knows what will happen but I think it's likely that it will not be good for the stability of their club in the short term. Ashley isn't going to want to be seen as losing in this and King doesn't have the willingness to go "all in" against him (he's not even putting in the blind in poker parlance).

They are in a mess and I hope they stay that way for as long as possible. They've got a few games that they should get a run of points from; they'll be daft to think that's it all over though. Another season in the Championship or a season getting gubbed in the Premiership... Not good for supporters who only turn up when results and the board are in their favour!

Edited by ghkjambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

?10m plus 2 Directors plus 5 loanee players!

Kings 14% is worthless really if he has no control, I simply cannot see Ashley lose!

If as it appears, that King wins the EGM vote why would Ashley not call in his loans, after all they had sub - clauses namely 2 seats on the board, King breaches those conditions, then reputedly refusing to repay loans then out and out war!

Nothing GFA can do to prevent legal battle IMO!

I wouldn't class a ?10m loan that may be recalled immediately as an investment, personally. In addition, there's no evidence that the other tranche of ?5m has been drawn down. So I think King will be hit with the demand of ?5m and will pay it accordingly.

Blackford Hearts

Not sure if I'm correct but.....If MA is allowed dual ownership by GFA (after tonight's meeting), and quickly buys another 21%, giving him 30% in total, does that not mean he needs to make an offer to buy out all other shareholders? If correct the presumably he could postpone / call off the EGM?

Duel?

Between Ashley and King?

Now THAT would fill Ibrox ...

It's about Mike Ashley having a financial interest in duel clubs (Rangers & Newcastle) not duel owners in one club.

stirlingshirejambo

It's about Mike Ashley having a financial interest in duel clubs (Rangers & Newcastle) not duel owners in one club.

I think he was picking up on the spelling of dual as in ownership and describing a duel as on man to man fight unless it is me picking things up wrong in another insomniac's night and it is a whoosh moment passing me by from you

Not sure how things will play out after an EGM particularly if King wins. 

MA has the wealth to  fund a successful team if he wants to. Clearly that's not his intention as he wont even fund a new coach which would surely have a reasonable impact on performances for little cost. 

If King wins it is unknown whether he will have to  repay MA his 5m or not  but what is known is that he will have to repay it at some point and in  the short term come up with money to pay the bills and March wages  without the second 5m from MA. 

Is he able to come up with that sort of money ? 

A lot is made of Rangers and their players being on big money and those contracts expiring but if you believe the wage to turnover ratios being released the player wages are not the problem. They are still going to have to replace the players who leave and pay them. Will it make savings yes? But will it save enough to get them in the black? I don't think it will. 

I wouldn't class a ?10m loan that may be recalled immediately as an investment, personally. In addition, there's no evidence that the other tranche of ?5m has been drawn down. So I think King will be hit with the demand of ?5m and will pay it accordingly.

How is the ?10m not an investment? Surely that is an investment to protect his interests in the business!

How are they still paying wages if the other ?5m has not been drawn down?

The suggestion in the media is that King will refuse to stump up the money.

The statement on AIM says ?10m not ?5m.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How is the ?10m not an investment? Surely that is an investment to protect his interests in the business!

How are they still paying wages if the other ?5m has not been drawn down?

The suggestion in the media is that King will refuse to stump up the money.

The statement on AIM says ?10m not ?5m.

1. By investment, I'm defining this as an investment in the business. If you want to call it an investment to protect Sports Direct's interests, then feel free.

2. Do you know the cash flow situation? You are better informed if that's the case. However, my reasoning for the second tranche not being drawn down is that it would be subject to agreed collateral. Nothing has been announced to the market, therefore I conclude that it hasn't been needed.

3. King can bluster but if he doesn't meet obligations then Ashley will destroy Sevco. He's a hard headed barsteward who won't flinch at doing what needs to be done. Hence why King will pay.

4. I would read the details of the second tranche. There would have been an announcement.

He gets that Gas, I think he means it should be "dual" not "duel"! ;-)

"These discussions, in fact, couldn?t carry any greater significance. They may end up signalling a landmark moment, the outright surrender of a regime which, in one shape of another, has not only ransacked Rangers for most of the past three years but also caused collateral damage to all parts of the Scottish game."

What collateral damage has been cause to the Scottish game!? The complete opposite has happened to most clubs thanks to Rangers being dead.

And as for Andy Gorams piece Deary me.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Love how this idiot skirts round the fact that King is a convicted criminal.

Poor Keef, not so much a journalist as just a cheer leader for anyone holding the reins of power at Ibrox.

Edited by Deevers

Angus Young

"These discussions, in fact, couldn?t carry any greater significance. They may end up signalling a landmark moment, the outright surrender of a regime which, in one shape of another, has not only ransacked Rangers for most of the past three years but also caused collateral damage to all parts of the Scottish game."

What collateral damage has been cause to the Scottish game!? The complete opposite has happened to most clubs thanks to Rangers being dead.

And as for Andy Gorams piece Deary me.

for anyone who wants a laugh here is the flying pigs take on things.   http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-legend-goram-in-plea-to-sfa-199039n.119739482?

for anyone who wants a laugh here is the flying pigs take on things.   http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-legend-goram-in-plea-to-sfa-199039n.119739482?

I'd like somebody to explain why this rebirth of Scotlands lead weight will be perfect. The OF dominance has damaged Scottish football and I dread it's return.

"But if Dave King comes in and gives the manager money to spend, then it can only be good for the Scottish game. You will have a strong Rangers and a strong Celtic - it will be perfect."

heartofgold

I'd like somebody to explain why this rebirth of Scotlands lead weight will be perfect. The OF dominance has damaged Scottish football and I dread it's return.

"But if Dave King comes in and gives the manager money to spend, then it can only be good for the Scottish game. You will have a strong Rangers and a strong Celtic - it will be perfect."

Agreed.

It appears Rangers only reason to exist is not for success or glory but to get the better of Celtic, at any cost. That may be but then the sustainability issue will come to the fore. How will they fund their ambitions?

1. By investment, I'm defining this as an investment in the business. If you want to call it an investment to protect Sports Direct's interests, then feel free.

2. Do you know the cash flow situation? You are better informed if that's the case. However, my reasoning for the second tranche not being drawn down is that it would be subject to agreed collateral. Nothing has been announced to the market, therefore I conclude that it hasn't been needed.

3. King can bluster but if he doesn't meet obligations then Ashley will destroy Sevco. He's a hard headed barsteward who won't flinch at doing what needs to be done. Hence why King will pay.

4. I would read the details of the second tranche. There would have been an announcement.

This in spades. I detect some pr fluff bumming up King (and his alleged intention to refuse to pay the loans/contracts/whatever). The reality is King will get ruined and MA will destroy Sevco in the process , if he has to. He is ruthless and killing Sevco won't matter to him , but the PR that would come from that would be immense for MA's reputation as a ruthless operator, in case anyone needed telling.

He gets that Gas, I think he means it should be "dual" not "duel"! ;-)

Kerching ... yup.

In my opinion its fairly crucial for Scottish football that Rangers dont get back up to the SPL this season.

I genuinely think they need one more season away from Celtic for other teams like us, United and Aberdeen to strengthen that extra season, and for them and Celtic commensurately to weaken.

In my opinion its fairly crucial for Scottish football that Rangers dont get back up to the SPL this season.

I genuinely think they need one more season away from Celtic for other teams like us, United and Aberdeen to strengthen that extra season, and for them and Celtic commensurately to weaken.

This. 

Yep.

Primary wish is us going up along with Queens or Falkirk, with Motherwell and St. Mirren going down.  But if St, Mirren; Motherwell (or Ross County) win the play off, so be it.

And as much as I would laugh if that lot from Restalrig who wanted us dead were to rot in the lower leagues for some time, I would have to take them coming up ahead of TRFC for the greater good of the game.

Celtic will likely lose 3 or 4 of their top players this summer that i don't think they will replace this time.  We also need a year to get back up to the pace of the Premiership.

Rangers may still be in a mess if they come up through the play offs but as shown in the cup competitions over the last 3 years, around half of the managers in the Premiership are still  scared crapless of the name.

john brownlee

Don't think they're scared just infected with the rantics virus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barney Rubble

Yep.

Primary wish is us going up along with Queens or Falkirk, with Motherwell and St. Mirren going down.  But if St, Mirren; Motherwell (or Ross County) win the play off, so be it.

And as much as I would laugh if that lot from Restalrig who wanted us dead were to rot in the lower leagues for some time, I would have to take them coming up ahead of TRFC for the greater good of the game.

Celtic will likely lose 3 or 4 of their top players this summer that i don't think they will replace this time.  We also need a year to get back up to the pace of the Premiership.

Rangers may still be in a mess if they come up through the play offs but as shown in the cup competitions over the last 3 years, around half of the managers in the Premiership are still  scared crapless of the name.

That's where im at too , even the hibs bit :pleased:

Anyone know when we will find the outcome of yesterday's meeting? Or do we need to wait u till after the 16th for the Rangers one?

Anyone know when we will find the outcome of yesterday's meeting? Or do we need to wait u till after the 16th for the Rangers one?

They spoke for 5 hours yesterday.

An update is expected today but I reckon it will be some sort of holding statement.

They spoke for 5 hours yesterday.

An update is expected today but I reckon it will be some sort of holding statement.

If they really did discuss it for five hours, then it's bu no means just getting dismissed out of hand - which is good for the prospects of sanctions being applied.

There again, there's the lunch, the cups of tea ... Etc

If they really did discuss it for five hours, then it's bu no means just getting dismissed out of hand - which is good for the prospects of sanctions being applied.

There again, there's the lunch, the cups of tea ... Etc

I think most Rangers fans want the SFA to find him guilty and be told to bolt.

Considering 2 of the charges against Ashley are the same as Rangers face for accepting him in the first place, they need to be careful what they wish for.

That said, I'd like to see the SFA trying to tell Ashley to forego his commercial contracts....

Edited by DETTY29

Kick into the long grass till Friday PM when Ashley has gone. Then It doesn't matter anymore. Then out comes the Blue wash paint and Blue carpet for Kings coronation followed by a ritual slaughter of fatted lamb.

Edited by Dannie Boy

BRAVEHEART1874

Going to be hard playing in the champions league when they find themselves in the championship league again next year or maybe that is what they meant by there rightful place ;)

Angus Young

Kick into the long grass till Friday PM when Ashley has gone. Then It doesn't matter anymore. Then out comes the Blue wash paint and Blue carpet for Kings coronation followed by a ritual slaughter of fatted lamb.

Washed down with fine wine.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic