The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

tartofmidlothian

I had to laugh when one of them asked someone to summarise what it means, and the reply was "Camping in France isn't easy" :rofl:

Yeah, that was tremendous. :lol:

To be fair, some of the more level headed Rangers fans on these sites have a good sense of humour about the boat they're in. Then someone mentions taigs and it all goes to shit.

Hey guys -    did you know that  - 

The Rangers soap opera STILL goes on and on!    :-)   

Glamorgan Jambo

Llambias and Leach won't be going anywhere - regardless of the whirlwind of hype about to emanate from the Laptop Loyal.

And if it ends in court I'm quite happy to suggest that Ashley will wipe the floor with King.

Footballfirst

It seems that Somers has not just walked but sold his shares too. His holding was only 61,186 but a trade of that exact amount has just gone through at 35.2p.

He bought 35,000 at 24p, 12,000 at 27p and 14,186 at 20p,  so made a profit of just over ?7k.

Edited by Footballfirst

Chris McLaughlin

'This signals the beginning of the end of the Mike Ashley era at Rangers and the beginning of the Dave King one.  Possibly.'

jamboinglasgow

With Ashley (or Ashley's representatives) meeting the SFA today, when do Rangers go to the SFA for their part of the charge? I predict what will happen, the announcement of the conclusion of the charge will happen after the EGM with Dave King coming in. The SFA will find Rangers and Ashley guilty and fine them both saying it would be unfair to dock points from Rangers as Ashley has left. Plus the announcement will be in June.

Hagar the Horrible

Chris McLaughlin

'This signals the beginning of the end of the Mike Ashley era at Rangers and the beginning of the Dave King one.  Possibly.'

The King is dead long live the lying King

Stuart Lyon

Chris McLaughlin hedging his bets there I think.

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Hagar the Horrible

With Ashley (or Ashley's representatives) meeting the SFA today, when do Rangers go to the SFA for their part of the charge? I predict what will happen, the announcement of the conclusion of the charge will happen after the EGM with Dave King coming in. The SFA will find Rangers and Ashley guilty and fine them both saying it would be unfair to dock points from Rangers as Ashley has left. Plus the announcement will be in June.

Posted Today, 10:48

Michael Ashley ? Monday, 2nd March 2015

Rangers FC ? Monday, 16th March 2015

16th March for Rangers.

I wonder how Ally is voting?! (Given he'll be having a ball on gardening leave) and, will the Newcastle 5 be returned toot sweet?

The Comedian

Chris McLaughlin

'This signals the beginning of the end of the Mike Ashley era at Rangers and the beginning of the Dave King one. Possibly.'

Right. The weasel knows he haw, then.

I wonder how Ally is voting?! (Given he'll be having a ball on gardening leave) and, will the Newcastle 5 be returned toot sweet?

I'd imagine similar to Oxley couldn't earlier in the season, they can't either.

Edited by DETTY29

This will be exactly what will happen.

The SFA cannot dock any points, only the SPFL, who run the league, could dock league points.

The SFA cannot dock any points, only the SPFL, who run the league, could dock league points.

Didnt they do this with Livingston Gas although I get the circumstances are slightly different but who cited Livi was it the SPFL or SFA  for their case?

Didnt they do this with Livingston Gas although I get the circumstances are slightly different but who cited Livi was it the SPFL or SFA  for their case?

Championship club Livingston have been deducted five points for breaching Scottish Professional Football League rules relating to non payment of tax.

At a disciplinary hearing, Livingston admitted to failing to advise the SPFL at the time that they had been in default of their tax obligations in relation to bonus payments to players in 2010/11.

This meant that Livingston had been able to register players when it should not have been able to do so.

The club was also fined ?10,000.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "The tax default and reporting rules are an integral part of maintaining a fair league competition."

Livingston are bottom of the Championship, with two wins and three draws from 14 games.

The loss of five points with immediate effect leaves the West Lothian side on four points, seven adrift of second-bottom Cowdenbeath.

Livingston chairman Gordon McDougall told BBC Scotland: "The club are working with their accountants and HMRC to establish exactly how much tax is due to be paid.

"This matter was the subject of a voluntary declaration by the club. We will be making no further comment on the situation."

The club has been banned from registering players since the start of the season after it volunteered evidence of undeclared bonus payments.

Livingston changed their name from Meadowbank Thistle when they moved to West Lothian in 1995.

They won a place in the Uefa Cup only seven years after starting out in the Third Division but have had two spells in administration, between 2004 and 2005 and in 2009.

Championship club Livingston have been deducted five points for breaching Scottish Professional Football League rules relating to non payment of tax.

At a disciplinary hearing, Livingston admitted to failing to advise the SPFL at the time that they had been in default of their tax obligations in relation to bonus payments to players in 2010/11.

This meant that Livingston had been able to register players when it should not have been able to do so.

The club was also fined ?10,000.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "The tax default and reporting rules are an integral part of maintaining a fair league competition."

Livingston are bottom of the Championship, with two wins and three draws from 14 games.

The loss of five points with immediate effect leaves the West Lothian side on four points, seven adrift of second-bottom Cowdenbeath.

Livingston chairman Gordon McDougall told BBC Scotland: "The club are working with their accountants and HMRC to establish exactly how much tax is due to be paid.

"This matter was the subject of a voluntary declaration by the club. We will be making no further comment on the situation."

The club has been banned from registering players since the start of the season after it volunteered evidence of undeclared bonus payments.

Livingston changed their name from Meadowbank Thistle when they moved to West Lothian in 1995.

They won a place in the Uefa Cup only seven years after starting out in the Third Division but have had two spells in administration, between 2004 and 2005 and in 2009.

Thanks

Angus Young

Rangers' shareholders in full

Far from 100% up to date (given speculation of a movement/sale of outgoing chairman David Somers? shares plus Mather proxying his over to the RST), the following (apologies for the slightly messy layout) is about as comprehensive a breakdown of exactly who owns Rangers as it is possible to find.

Name                                                              Holding           %

Dave King                                                       11,869,505      14.57%
George Taylor                                                7,575,000        9.30%
Mike Ashley                                                   7,265,000        8.92%
Sandy Easdale                                                5,256,110        6.45%
Douglas Park                                                  5,000,000        6.14%
River and Mercantile                                      4,704,827        5.77%
Rangers Supporters Trust + proxies               4,509,312        5.53%
Blue Pitch Holdings                                       4,000,000        4.91%
George Letham                                               3,299,515        4.05%
Margarita Funds Holding Trust                      2,600,000        3.19%
Rangers First + proxies                                  2,394,902        2.94%
FMR LLC                                                       2,000,000        2.45%
HSBC Global Asset Management (UK)        1,878,488        2.31%
Lynchwood Nominees Limited                      1,203,800        1.48%
Kieran Prior                                                    1,100,740        1.35%
Ally McCoist                                                  1,092,988        1.34%
Barclayshare Nominees Limited                    1,015,804        1.25%
Glenmuir Limited                                           1,000,000        1.23%
Winterflood Securities Limited                     989,651           1.21%
HSDL Nominees Limited                               968,599           1.19%
Felix Magath                                                  810,000           0.99%
Vidacos Nominees Limited                            748,462           0.92%
TD Direct Investing (Europe)                         709,975           0.87%
Graeme Henderson                                         590,164           0.72%
Fitel Nominees Limited                                 585,603           0.72%
James Easdale                                                572,749           0.70%
Hargreaves Lansdown Stockbrokers Ltd        551,190           0.68%
Lawshare Nominees Limited                         280,794           0.34%
Smith and Williamson Nominees Limited    276,375           0.34%
Rock Nominees Limited                                275,938           0.34%
Redmayne (Nominees) Limited                     221,837           0.27%
Lion Nominees Limited                                 211,594           0.26%
Share Nominees Limited                                207,985           0.26%
Brewin Nominees Limited                             202,855           0.25%
Malcolm Murray                                            200,000           0.25%
Patrick Oddie                                                  200,000           0.25%
Colin Howell                                                  200,000           0.25%
Investor Nominees Limited                            166,766           0.20%
Vanguard Bears + proxies                              156,123           0.19%
Hanover Nominees Limited                           107,776           0.13%
Platform Securities Nominees                        96,237             0.12%
Norman Crighton                                            96,222             0.12%
L R Nominees Limited                                   91,913             0.11%
Interactive Brokers LLC                                 76,712             0.09%
CG/Walter Smith/Ian Hart/Craig Mather      71,428             0.09%
Pro-King minority shareholders                     63,721             0.08%
David Somers                                                 61,186             0.08%
Discretionary clients of Hargreave Hale        10,300             0.01%
Pro-board minority shareholders                    10846              0.013%
Undecided minority shareholders                  1,828               0.002%
Unaccounted for                                             3,897,381        4.78%

Shares change daily, so this is probably changing as it goes to press. But as far as all-encompassing breakdowns go, this is probably as near to accurate as it is possible to be.

Credit goes to STV?s Grant Russell for this

Angus Young

Surely this is pointless if the loans are secured?

But look what the money is secured against a crappy car park in the middle of a Ghetto, an old building that is no good to anyone Bar Sevco, and Murray Park which again is useless to anyone but Sevco. Sure MA Could close the doors at Murray Park but i am sure they could find a decent training facility to rent.

The lying King could give MA Some problems if he decided not to pay him back his loan money the onerous watertight contracts though that could result in debt collectors getting involved and a possible winding up order.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/johnston-sfa-shouldnt-block-king-and-murray-rangers-board-coup-198914n.119619396

Johnston: SFA shouldn't block King and Murray Rangers board coup

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-questions-dave-king-must-5259061

Five questions Dave King must answer once he has ascended the Rangers throne

Edited by jambovambo

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Any of these players worth taking a punt on ? just seen this on ibroke noise site, none are good enough in my opinion they are over paid lazy and have a bad attitude. 12-player Rangers exodus this summer

With another season in the Championship looking certain, sources from inside Ibrox have leaked the lack of communication with the twelve out-of-contract players.

Ian Black, Steve Simonsen, Lee McCulloch, Jon Daly, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Bilel Mohsni, Stevie Smith, Kyle Hutton, Richard Foster, Lee Robinson andSebastian Faure?s contracts all end this coming transfer window and none of them look like being renewed.

Rumblings of ?attitude problems? have failed to desist since I revealed that these players had stopped caring in light of McDowall?s impending exit, and the lack of desire to fight to earn a new contract given he is not the one they need to impress.

It is entirely feasible that every one of the twelve above players will be looking for pastures new this summer, with the recall of loanees like Barrie McKay and Luca Gasparotto inevitable along with a few Bosman signings, built around the likes of Bell, McGregor, and Andy Murdoch.

The wages I brought to you some weeks ago regarding Ian Black is one reason many of these players will not be missed, and I heard a small rumbling McCulloch is also back on ?15k per week.

An entire Rangers first team and - aside from maybe Hutton - not one would improve our squad let alone our team. Changed days...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/johnston-sfa-shouldnt-block-king-and-murray-rangers-board-coup-198914n.119619396

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-questions-dave-king-must-5259061

My next door neighbour who is a Rangers fan said to me a couple of months ago that King had cleared his take over with the Hampden Blazers and it was only a meter of time till he is back. I'm beginning to believe him now.

Jambo-Jimbo

But look what the money is secured against a crappy car park in the middle of a Ghetto, an old building that is no good to anyone Bar Sevco, and Murray Park which again is useless to anyone but Sevco. Sure MA Could close the doors at Murray Park but i am sure they could find a decent training facility to rent.

The lying King could give MA Some problems if he decided not to pay him back his loan money the onerous watertight contracts though that could result in debt collectors getting involved and a possible winding up order.

I'm sure I've read that the club deck's licence is linked to the car park, so if you lose the car park you lose access to the club deck as well.

Diadora Van Basten

Not really that surprised it hasn't been asked but surely one of the questions should have been "how come Rangers are not a phoenix company for HMRC if they have the same directors in place?"

My next door neighbour who is a Rangers fan said to me a couple of months ago that King had cleared his take over with the Hampden Blazers and it was only a meter of time till he is back. I'm beginning to believe him now.

He would also need to get permission from the Stockmarket I believe, which may not be easy/possible, and he would risk having Hector at HMRC looking at trying to recoup their money if they consider it to be a Phoenix company.

He would also need to get permission from the Stockmarket I believe, which may not be easy/possible, and he would risk having Hector at HMRC looking at trying to recoup their money if they consider it to be a Phoenix company.

Quite possibly. No word from the big meeting today with Ashley and the SFA. Strangely quite so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite possibly. No word from the big meeting today with Ashley and the SFA. Strangely quite so far.

I'm sure I heard it was an evening sitting.

I'm sure I heard it was an evening sitting.

Thanks that could explain it.

Angus Young

The clear facts are King was a Director of Oldco and the rules are a 5 year break must be adhered to before he could become a Director of Newco not even the Lying King can get round this fact AIM Are not the weak GFA AIM Rules are in place to stop crooks like King.

Angus Young

I'm sure I've read that the club deck's licence is linked to the car park, so if you lose the car park you lose access to the club deck as well.

King would rather close the upper tier stand than pay MA The place is half empty every week anyway.

Abbey Craig

How funny would it be to see Ashley win? How much humble pie would the SMSM need to eat with thier succulent lamb? Oh, PLEASE let it be so!

Geoff Kilpatrick

How funny would it be to see Ashley win? How much humble pie would the SMSM need to eat with thier succulent lamb? Oh, PLEASE let it be so!

I don't know why you are getting worked up to be honest.

Does it really matter which of that lot win their boardroom? There is going to be lot's of blood letting before this is finished and with Kings past and Ashley's determination I can only see Ashley winning other wise it is Phoenix time and Hector WILL HAVE HIS DAY - hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King would rather close the upper tier stand than pay MA The place is half empty every week anyway.

If memory serves, it was a condition of the planning permission, so just closing it may not be enough.

Every scenario has its pop corn time. Friday will dictate the size of carton needed.

Every scenario has its pop corn time. Friday will dictate the size of carton needed.

It's like they're arguing over who gets to be the Captain of the Titanic, while still steaming full speed towards the iceberg.

It's like they're arguing over who gets to be the Captain of the Titanic, while still steaming full speed towards the iceberg.

The way things are going at present, it looks as though Sevco may not even get into the play offs if admin is called and the Hobo's may not get out via the play offs should their bottle go!

People still believing they are going into admin!

:vrface:

Yes I believe so, King v Ashley is all about power, no way King has the money to oust Ashley, Ashley is ruthless, if he does not get his way way I am convinced he will force Admin and then take it from there. He has the merchandising rights, title to most of their assets ( possibly Ibrox itself - we do not know), King will not put up his own money, indeed some threads suggest he will not repay Ashley's loans - I believe this is not in fighting but out right war! They will, between them, destroy what is left of Sevco hopefully!.

I said on another thread that one of my mates is a Newcastle fan, he said Ashley does not take no as an answer - he is ruthless and "does have off the radar wealth to ensure he wins".

Edited by ollie2004

• Maple Leaf locked this topic