The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Did Ashley actually turn up in person to the meeting?

I highly doubt it he doesnt usually just sends the lawyers and lackeys to do that. 

B_LUroMVIAEwdjT.png

Is he not jumping the gun here seeing as AIM and the SFA haven't given him the blue light to proceed.

Walter Bishop

Dave King, The past year.  

Feb 2014: King promises ?30m

Nov 2014: King promises ?16m

Dec 2014: King promises ?8m

Mar 2015: King asks fans for money

Looks like King will have to pay Ashley's loan off before he can get rid of either Llambias or Leach. Even then it looks like both of them will belooking for substantial payoffs.

Keef throwing words like "charlatan" around without saying who it's directed at. He seems to be forgetting this current board have saved the club from extinction and had it not been for MAs loans they would be in admin many months ago. But Keef gives full reign and shreds them all. FFS.

Dave King must have nudie pics of Keef's missus for Keef to write this crap. As for the comments that King is about to pile his own cash into Sevco - Keef seems gloriously oblivious of the statements from King that he has already said he will not be putting his own cash into Sevco. Still, it's a nice morale booster for the Berrs and deflects them from asking awkward questions about King's financial intent.

Looking forward to more on the radar bullshit from Keef - especially if King does get control. Beers fans are gonna be awfy disappointed when they see what the future holds methinks.

Getting down to the nitty gritty now. Needing a ton bag of popcorn still though.

I hope King gets in and cancels all the onerous contracts, just to see how much Ashley will sue them for. Now that would be a popcorn moment!

Footballfirst

Looks like King will have to pay Ashley's loan off before he can get rid of either Llambias or Leach. Even then it looks like both of them will belooking for substantial payoffs.

The resolutions were only to remove them as directors, not as employees.  If he is looking for them to resign as CEO and Financial Director, then King will have to come to some financial arrangement with them.

If he was consistent then he would be expecting McCoist and McDowall to walk away without a pay-off, (not to mention McCulloch, Black, Boyd, Miller etc)

Edited by Footballfirst

The resolutions were only to remove them as directors, not as employees.  If he is looking for them to resign as CEO and Financial Director, then King will have to come to some financial arrangement with them.

If he was consistent then he would be expecting McCoist and McDowall to walk away without a pay-off, (not to mention McCulloch, Black, Boyd, Miller etc)

If Ashley has it contracted as part of his loan agreement for to appoint two directors to the board, it's not inconceivable that he'll pop Llambias and Leach right back on - unless the loan is repaid of course.

Would be interesting to know when their contracts were last improved in terms of salary, compensation for loss of office, bonus and length of notice period. Suspect it will have been recently and will be onerous.

If Ashley has it contracted as part of his loan agreement for to appoint two directors to the board, it's not inconceivable that he'll pop Llambias and Leach right back on - unless the loan is repaid of course.

would be very difficult for their Nomad to sanction the reappointment of two Directors that have just been voted out by a 'landslide' of shareholders. Two other stool pigeons required I think

would be very difficult for their Nomad to sanction the reappointment of two Directors that have just been voted out by a 'landslide' of shareholders. Two other stool pigeons required I think

They may not have a Nomad as the current one says they're offski should King get in.

Edited by Dannie Boy

I hope King gets in and cancels all the onerous contracts, just to see how much Ashley will sue them for. Now that would be a popcorn moment!

i suspect Ashley will take his money back plus a minimal deal for the onerous contracts then walk away. Why would he stick around when it's clear that he is the anti-Christ at the moment as far as Rangers fans are concerned. Too much potential collateral for his other investments. I think he will allow King to fail without wanting any further involvement himself. See post 76939 for the strength of Kings commitment.

Is the Nomad still in place? Was there not some talk of him resigning in the event of King taking control.

Yep, see your point about Llambias and Leach. I am sure that they will be replaced pretty quickly by Ashley.

They may not have a Nomad as the current one says they're offski should King get in.

yes but the next Nomad will be a King appointment so he won't let Llambias and Leach anywhere near Rangers as Directors. Their executive roles are another matter and are fairly difficult to break without compensation. Edited by soonbe110

Malinga the Swinga

King has a cheek telling anyone to remind anyone about fudiciary duties, when he couldn't or more likely wouldn't exercise these same fudiciary duties when he was a director of original Rangers. Still, don't expect Jackson to question that. Must be difficult for him to conduct any interview with King and Murray with his moth full and him being Ben over and all.

King's email

B_LXwLTUoAA9g5R.png

Does King have any right to make this information public ? Serious question.

Footballfirst

Does King have any right to make this information public ? Serious question.

I don't believe he should, given that the information re the results of the vote could be deemed price sensitive and should be released to the Stock Market first.

King has a cheek telling anyone to remind anyone about fudiciary duties, when he couldn't or more likely wouldn't exercise these same fudiciary duties when he was a director of original Rangers. Still, don't expect Jackson to question that. Must be difficult for him to conduct any interview with King and Murray with his moth full and him being Ben over and all.

Nailed it.

Well they have got what they wanted - King at the helm.

Let's see what happens. Unless he can bang in 20 goals from now until the end of the season i confidently predict they will be in the Championship next year.

This article mentions the Visigoths.

"Somers did not want to become a modern-day Honorius, watching on as the Visigoths stormed the walls of Rome"

http://www.scotzine.com/2015/03/somers-flees-leaving-king-to-storm-the-gates-of-ibrox-unopposed/

Wiki tells me :

Wolfram notes that "Vesi" and "Ostrogothi" were terms each tribe used to boastfully describe itself and argues that "Tervingi" and "Greuthungi" were geographical identifiers each tribe used to describe the other.[6] This would explain why the latter terms dropped out of use shortly after 400, when the Goths were displaced by the Hunnic invasions.

Edited by jambovambo

Well they have got what they wanted - King at the helm.

Let's see what happens. Unless he can bang in 20 goals from now until the end of the season i confidently predict they will be in the Championship next year.

Keef & DRs colours nailed firmly (in relative terms) to the mast. Who are the Berrs going to blame when this house of cards falls down. Sevco - the gift that keeps on giving.

King in control but -

not cleared by the SFA (yet) either for his criminal record or his association with (failure to perform his duties as a director of ?) the original Rangers

tainted by association with the liquidation of the original club (still needs court permission ?)

no intention of putting HIS cash into the club

Much more still to come in this wonderful story.

Anyone else looking forward to Ashley taking this defeat on the chin then undermining them at every opportunity?

I'll find it quite amusing if King's victory results in the final loss of assets like Murray Park etc.

Ashley fined ?7500.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14393

"A Disciplinary Tribunal convened last night in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following case:

Alleged Party in breach - Michael Ashley

Disciplinary rules allegedly breached -

Disciplinary Rule 19: Except with the prior written consent of the Board: (a) no club or nominee of a club; and ( b no person, whether absolutely or as a trustee, either alone or in conjunction with one or more associates or solely through an associate or associates (even where such person has no formal interest), who: (i) is a member of a club; or (ii) is involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of a club, or (iii) has any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration or a club, may at the same time either directly or indirectly:- (a) be a member of another club; or ( b be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of another club; or © have any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration of another club.

Outcome ? Mr Ashley was found in breach and a fine of ?7500 was imposed.

Disciplinary Rule 77: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football.

Outcome ? The alleged breach was not proved."

Edited by jambovambo

Cairneyhill Jambo

If Mike Ashley gets his knuckles rapped by the SFA and told he cannot increase his shareholding, and the SFA deems that Dave King is not fit and proper, what happens then?

CJ - there you are. There is his punishment. ?7.5k. From down the back of his sofa, probably.

Edited by jambovambo

?7.5k what a shambles how will he manage to pay it, and who will it stop from doing it next if they have cash.

SFA/SPFL gutless corrupt useless trash.

That'll teach him!

Seriously , what is the point of this regulation ? ?7.5K fine for a billionaire ? What exactly are they trying to prove here ?

Cairneyhill Jambo

?7.5k what a shambles how will he manage to pay it, and who will it stop from doing it next if they have cash.

SFA/SPFL gutless corrupt useless trash.

I think the fine is irrelevant.  The main thing is the SFA have found him guilty.  Will be interesting to see if he continues his 'influence' in the affairs of two clubs, whether the SFA will pull him up again for it.

I thought Livingston/Brechin or some other Scottish chairman/club got a big charge against them for the same thing lately, or am I dreaming.

They will be waiting a long time for the ?7.5k - how on earth is that enforceable?

I sort expect the next course of action for MA is to buy more shares in Rangers... possibly through Sport Direct.

Footballfirst

There is nothing in the judgement that says what he must or mustn't do in the future.

Is he now allowed to continue as he has done up till now?

Malinga the Swinga

That fine shows the strength of the SFA and how they are willing to stand up to anyone. How will Mike Ashley, that well known billionaire and one of the richest people in the country, will be able to get such an amount together at short notice and pay a fine of ?7500?

I look forward to the Rangers hearing in a few weeks when possible penalties will include a fine of ?0.05, having to close their stadium (on non match days, at night), and not being allowed to sign any contracted players (outside of a transfer window).

Super stuff from the SFA who deserve a round of applause.

Thank goodness they weren't as strong when that pesky foreigner, Romanov, was in charge at Heart of Midlothian. Not like they hammered him or Hearts with fines after all.

jamboinglasgow

CJ - there you are. There is his punishment. ?7.5k. From down the back of his sofa, probably.

On the day he has been named the 306th richest person in the world, Such a painful fine...

So at the moment we are looking at King, Murray and the third one get appointed to the board. Llambas and the other get voted off at the EGM. However Ashley has the power under the terms of the SD funding to appoint two directors. So we could find that King gets his wish but Ashley puts his two back on the board leaving Rangers still needing to repay ?10m. King will try to rebuild the club but with one hand tied behind his back.

Liked the tweet below.

So is Mike Ashley still in breach of the rules, but if he pays ?7,500 it's ok? #Rangers

Edited by jamboinglasgow

The SFA are just used to any rangers owner who has much vaunted wealth as actually being broke. They probably thought 7 grand would send him under.

Footballfirst

I think the SFA were limited to a ?10K fine on each charge.

Heavier sanctions are available on the club.

Edited by Footballfirst

Surely with a rule like this one, a fine achieves nothing, in fact should never be the action?

Else, some other wealthy owner of an English club can go through the same process, having set aside ?7.5k for this purpose.

And does this mean that he can just bash on now?

No effort to tell him "you must stop part-owning Rangers"

It beggars belief.

Edited by jambovambo

Ron Swanson

Nice wee kitty for the SFA end of season party.

Makes a change getting it off us

• Maple Leaf locked this topic