The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Only a "sticking plaster" that will help them along for a few months. It's going to be very interesting to see what King and Co do to arrest the losses that they make month on month. I know that they will be rid of high earning players who are out of contract at the end of the season, but they will have to recruit others to replace them. The big problem is the number of onerous commercial contracts that the Spivs have in place, and that's going to be a very difficult problem for them to shift without protracted and expensive court cases. Who knows what other hidden gems there are in the books that the new Board will have to deal with. This whole saga has still a way to run yet.

S lets surmise that The Lying King and the 3 bears win they empty the Spivs and walk up the marble stairs and look at what they dont have.

MA Has Murray Park, Edmonstone house, and the Albion Car Park, he also has the club badge, 75% of all merchandise sold via retail division, and he has secured the money from the next shirt sponsor, and he is due to be repaid 2 million pounds in April.

Lets assume he is pretty hacked off so he decides not to give them the 5 million loan, and he gets together with his Ally Sandy Easdales to vote against another share issue.

Lying King has to overcome the FPPT The Nomad has resigned because of this and they cant get any other crooked nomad stupid enough to sign this off, so they get suspended from the AIM.

King et all now have to fork out for the wage bill and run the club at a cool 1.5 million per month, they have the Big Hoose but it needs millions spent on it. apart from that they dont have much to worry about with clipboard Kenny in charge of the team lol.

Geoff Kilpatrick

S lets surmise that The Lying King and the 3 bears win they empty the Spivs and walk up the marble stairs and look at what they dont have.

MA Has Murray Park, Edmonstone house, and the Albion Car Park, he also has the club badge, 75% of all merchandise sold via retail division, and he has secured the money from the next shirt sponsor, and he is due to be repaid 2 million pounds in April.

Lets assume he is pretty hacked off so he decides not to give them the 5 million loan, and he gets together with his Ally Sandy Easdales to vote against another share issue.

Lying King has to overcome the FPPT The Nomad has resigned because of this and they cant get any other crooked nomad stupid enough to sign this off, so they get suspended from the AIM.

King et all now have to fork out for the wage bill and run the club at a cool 1.5 million per month, they have the Big Hoose but it needs millions spent on it. apart from that they dont have much to worry about with clipboard Kenny in charge of the team lol.

No, he holds a security over the assets. Big difference.

Can someone just confirm something for me please.

King et al are trying to buy control of what?  The football club OR the Rangers International etc that the football club owe c.?16m to?

Skivingatwork

Ashley is due ?5m from them at present.

He initially lent them ?3m, then a further ?5 of which they chose to use ?3m to pay him back the first loan.

Loaned ?8m in total, paid back ?3m, balance of ?5m due.

Cairneyhill Jambo

He initially lent them ?3m, then a further ?5 of which they chose to use ?3m to pay him back the first loan.

Ashley is due ?10m if i'm not mistaken.  The ?3m payback was for a ?3m loan he gave them in November last year.  The total borrowing from Ashley was ?13m of which ?3m has been paid back.

Allowayjambo1874

Can someone just confirm something for me please.

King et al are trying to buy control of what?  The football club OR the Rangers International etc that the football club owe c.?16m to?

And if its the football club who owns the holding company? I thought this was where one of the easdales came into the equation?

3 Bears will put up the cash to pay off Ashley and get them to end of season. Loan will be converted to equity when Rights issue happens. After Rights issue the 3 Bears and King et al will have 75%, enough to have an open share issue. All depends on whether Ashley fights or just takes the money from his contracts.

Could very well happen like you say but what happens after the next share issue money runs out, have another share issue and then another and another.

What the orcs don't quite get is with King & the 3 Bears they will have a continual need for new funding every season, which the fans will need to finance themselves.

King has made it plain he's not going to put his own money in & the 3 Bears just don't have the kind of money the fans expect someone to spend on Rangers.

So after what point do the fans realise that their being fleeced or they simply don't have the money to keep buying shares every year or two?

With Ashley he does have the money and if he does the same with Rangers as he's done at Newcastle he would just drip feed them enough so as he can just keep on milking them. 

I can't see many Institutional Investors wanting to invest in Rangers, especially after having their fingers burnt the last time, so it will come down to the fans to buy the shares in an open share offer.

Allowayjambo1874

Ashley is due ?10m if i'm not mistaken.  The ?3m payback was for a ?3m loan he gave them in November last year.  The total borrowing from Ashley was ?13m of which ?3m has been paid back.

Don't think the second ?5m loan has been taken yet, it is available for them to lift but they are possibly just limping along until egm before deciding what to do.

Allowayjambo1874

Could very well happen like you say but what happens after the next share issue money runs out, have another share issue and then another and another.

What the orcs don't quite get is with King & the 3 Bears they will have a continual need for new funding every season, which the fans will need to finance themselves.

King has made it plain he's not going to put his own money in & the 3 Bears just don't have the kind of money the fans expect someone to spend on Rangers.

So after what point do the fans realise that their being fleeced or they simply don't have the money to keep buying shares every year or two?

With Ashley he does have the money and if he does the same with Rangers as he's done at Newcastle he would just drip feed them enough so as he can just keep on milking them. 

I can't see many Institutional Investors wanting to invest in Rangers, especially after having their fingers burnt the last time, so it will come down to the fans to buy the shares in an open share offer.

Or even more drastic and unpalatable, at what points are their fans going to realise they need to live within their means? (Rhetorical question we all know the answer is never)

Walter Bishop

Would Ashley retain the rights to the retail side and the badge or would they have to "buy" these off him? What would be potential cost of this be?? 

The board are the people that run the company day to day. This is distinct from shareholders. The board does not "own" the company.

Day to day business decisions can be made by the board. Bigger corporate decisions more often than not will require shareholder votes - some are 50/50, some are 75/25.

So I am not sure, now that MA has in place all his contracts, how much difference a new board will make other than the sickening "bon homie" that will attach itself to King. MA would prefer people he knows and trusts to oversee operations that will impact on his investments/credit line but other than that I am not sure it matters a huge amount.

I make this comment on the assumption that:

• his onerous contracts are long term; cannot be terminated by Rangers; are bullet proof in respect of administration (ie they cannot be terminated in any insolvency event other than liquidation)
  • his credit line has an "on demand" option to call the debt in at any time no matter what.
  • MA doesnt want to own Rangers

If he does want to own Rangers (if he thinks he can get round the SFA thing) I think he could probably do that quite easily through an administration process, but possibly not a liquidation process.

Hagar the Horrible

You have to remember the directors in this company are the guys with the hands on the books and able to sign cheques, TRFC owe RIFC ?16m, RIFC owe MA ?5m and potentially another ?5m. as it stands there is no money in the bank so once the Glib and shameless liar and PM the other director win the vote, it is going to be chaos. If MA cant with all his proper off the radar wealth convince a bank to offer credit facilities what chance does DK a convicted tax fraudster have and PM as well as DK who were instrumental in forcing the same club we are told into an admin event and are in the process of going into liquidation (oxymoron) get a bank to do business with them ever.

Doncaster will kowtow to DK passing the FPP test, but will hector see them now as a phoenix and go after the unpaid tax bill? how will UEFA view this? Our game needs protected from itself, these charlatans are about to get into our game again, and the Rangers fans who must really be the most stupid on the planet, welcoming a convicted tax fraudster just because he gives a few "no surrender" moonbeams to the hoards. If Doncaster, Regan and indeed Ann, Thompson, Petrie, Gold and Milne a don't speak up then when this goes pete tong heads need to roll.

You have to remember the directors in this company are the guys with the hands on the books and able to sign cheques, TRFC owe RIFC ?16m, RIFC owe MA ?5m and potentially another ?5m. as it stands there is no money in the bank so once the Glib and shameless liar and PM the other director win the vote, it is going to be chaos. If MA cant with all his proper off the radar wealth convince a bank to offer credit facilities what chance does DK a convicted tax fraudster have and PM as well as DK who were instrumental in forcing the same club we are told into an admin event and are in the process of going into liquidation (oxymoron) get a bank to do business with them ever.Doncaster will kowtow to DK passing the FPP test, but will hector see them now as a phoenix and go after the unpaid tax bill? how will UEFA view this? Our game needs protected from itself, these charlatans are about to get into our game again, and the Rangers fans who must really be the most stupid on the planet, welcoming a convicted tax fraudster just because he gives a few "no surrender" moonbeams to the hoards. If Doncaster, Regan and indeed Ann, Thompson, Petrie, Gold and Milne a don't speak up then when this goes pete tong heads need to roll.

The SFA don't have a final say on DK being a Director. If the club wants to remain listed on the stock exchange the Stock a Exchange needs to approve Directors.

Hagar the Horrible

The SFA don't have a final say on DK being a Director. If the club wants to remain listed on the stock exchange the Stock a Exchange needs to approve Directors.

They are not related failing one you can still pass the other? in this case PM and DK were in charge of a club that went bust? yet we are going to allow them to run another (that is the erhmm same club) without question. PM is kosher as far as being a director is concerned in any other business, but questions need to be asked by both aims and by the SFA over both PM and DK being directors of Rangers, they should fail the FPP should they not? but will the be allowed to run the company RIFC that owns TRFC?????

So to summarise it seems that Dave King, a convicted tax fraudster / evasionist, wants to become a director of what could be sern as a Phoenix Co, after the original company was liquidated due to tax fraud? And he was a director of that original company.

Can't see anything to prevent the SFA passing him as a FPP.

Yes, why ffs is no one in the media posing this question?

Hagar the Horrible

Who thinks that in 2 weeks Super Salary will be back from his sojourn around the herbaceous borders and take up his seat in the dug oot?

I think either way after the 6th of March Rangers are heading for admin.

I think King wil be able to sell it better if that is the case short term pain for long term gain. If Ashley wins the peepul will starve the club into admin.

The above is of course my oponion but thats the way I see it going.

Hagar the Horrible

The fans groups are already celebrating they have won, because the glib and shameless liar will be back at the helm? this is like customers of Gerald Ratner celebrating that they have re-opened a chain of cheap jewellery shops to get their supply of sovvy rings from? The product is as quoted by Gerald? and they have no money? Also it looks like the Driscolls have changed sides and are proxying their block of votes to T3B's however the fund raising starts by requiring a 75% vote for a new share issue? to which who will underwrite it? and also that will become troublesome if they are delisted due to the Nomad resigning? Now I would like to think King has another ready to step in? he has thought this through has he not?

Who thinks that in 2 weeks Super Salary will be back from his sojourn around the herbaceous borders and take up his seat in the dug oot?

Oh dont say that I dont think I would contain my laughing if that were to happen.

Interesting (maybe) point raised by Phil Mc "I can't spell it".

he is stating "his sources" (aye right) are saying the second lump of SD cash is being accessed  and no announcement to Stock Exchange in respect of that needed because it was declared as part of the original deal for the first ?5Mill.

Wonder if that's right (the no need for an announcement bit) and it that it could be being spent already, nice surprise for someone if so.

Edited by Toonpack

he is stating "his sources" (aye right) are saying the second lump of SD cash is being accessed and no announcement to Stock Exchange in respect of that needed because it was declared as part of the original deal for the first ?5Mill.

Wonder if that's right and it that it could be being spent already, nice surprise for someone if so.

I think that is bollocks as they would still have to declare that the option has been take. Irrespective of the fact they have advised that this is available.

I think that is bollocks as they would still have to declare that the option has been take. Irrespective of the fact they have advised that this is available.

Probably right on that account - but it would be really funny if things had panned out like that.

It's certainly gone quiet on the MA and SD side of things. I wonder what gem they have got hidden up their sleeves.

That was my initial thought, but I wonder, looking back (via a quick Google) at the original reporting, they all call it a ?10 Mill loan, with the second ?5mill tranche available for draw down after due diligence from SD.

Edit - from their Stock Exchange announcement:

"The Board of Rangers announces that Rangers Football Club Limited has entered in to agreements with SportsDirect.com Retail Limited and associated companies, to provide a long term on-going credit facility of up to ?10m."

They've already declared it as ?10 Mill, this could be fun.

Edited by Toonpack

he is stating "his sources" (aye right) are saying the second lump of SD cash is being accessed  and no announcement to Stock Exchange in respect of that needed because it was declared as part of the original deal for the first ?5Mill.

Wonder if that's right (the no need for an announcement bit) and it that it could be being spent already, nice surprise for someone if so.

If you were MA, and there was a risk of being evicted from the Big Hoose next week, the last thing you'd do is give a further ?5m to them. He's got all the security and the retail agreements sewn up with the first tranche. and there's enough to put them into admin for non-payment if he wants - why throw another ?5m in unless he has to....

AllyjamboDerbyshire

If you were MA, and there was a risk of being evicted from the Big Hoose next week, the last thing you'd do is give a further ?5m to them. He's got all the security and the retail agreements sewn up with the first tranche. and there's enough to put them into admin for non-payment if he wants - why throw another ?5m in unless he has to....

At ?5m the failure to pay back the debt might not lead to Ashley gaining ownership of all the heritable assets he holds security over, plus his floating charge. A further ?5m might just ensure he gets the lot, and then ranks as an unsecured creditor for the balance. Then, of course, he left the door open to take security over Ibrox, and we don't know he hasn't, or isn't in the process of taking it. Another thing that might lead him to lending more money is that it would make him the biggest unsecured creditor (if he doesn't get security over Ibrox) and so put him, once again, in the driving seat in an administration.

I P Knightley

At ?5m the failure to pay back the debt might not lead to Ashley gaining ownership of all the heritable assets he holds security over, plus his floating charge. A further ?5m might just ensure he gets the lot, and then ranks as an unsecured creditor for the balance. Then, of course, he left the door open to take security over Ibrox, and we don't know he hasn't, or isn't in the process of taking it. Another thing that might lead him to lending more money is that it would make him the biggest unsecured creditor (if he doesn't get security over Ibrox) and so put him, once again, in the driving seat in an administration.

He doesn't "gain ownership". He gets cash from the proceeds of sale if a liquidator sells the assets.

The Lying King and T3B Might have no option other than to go into Admin it at least rids them of MA And all the onerous contracts this could be very intersting to watch/laugh at.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

He doesn't "gain ownership". He gets cash from the proceeds of sale if a liquidator sells the assets.

Only if a buyer is found prepared to pay sufficient to cover the debts owed to the lender. If a buyer does come along and pays the ?10m then Ashley gets his money back, which answers the question of why would he be prepared to risk another ?5m? If insufficient is raised to pay him off in full, he most likely becomes the biggest creditor and so controls any CVA, quite possibly ensuring RIFC/TRFC is sold to another of his placemen. In the meantime, as per the arrangement with Rangers Retail, Ashley would get full ownership for a pitance as a result of the insolvency.

I'm not saying this is what he intends, or will do, just that it is within his power! Between now and the EGM he has all the power to do as he sees fit. After the EGM, he might not have as much power, but he will still have a lot.

The Lying King and T3B Might have no option other than to go into Admin it at least rids them of MA And all the onerous contracts this could be very intersting to watch/laugh at.

How will it?

Depends on contract terms buddy. Plenty of contracts survive administration - it's liquidation that buries contracts not admin

Still a lot of wishful thinking on this thread - they're not going into admin (or liquidation). King will get in, the hordes will flock back Ibrox, at least temporarily, and there will be lots of talk of new beginnings. They'll try and get McInnes from Aberdeen and attempt a rebuild of the team. A lot will depend on whether they put the frighteners on Hibs and manage to get back up to the Premiership. If the supporters think they're waltzing back to the top, though, they're in for a surprise.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How will it?

Depends on contract terms buddy. Plenty of contracts survive administration - it's liquidation that buries contracts not admin

Correct.

The only sure thing about the situation is that Ashley will get paid, one way or the other.

Have shelved all admin possibilities in my mind, they cannot get punished in any way shape or form and if it aint clear by now that they can/will do what they want it never will be.

They may or not come up this season but when they do nothing will have changed and the twits who run our game can breathe a massive sigh of relief and our game will return to what is the disgusting norm.

Reallywantobewrong.com 

Still a lot of wishful thinking on this thread - they're not going into admin (or liquidation). King will get in, the hordes will flock back Ibrox, at least temporarily, and there will be lots of talk of new beginnings. They'll try and get McInnes from Aberdeen and attempt a rebuild of the team. A lot will depend on whether they put the frighteners on Hibs and manage to get back up to the Premiership. If the supporters think they're waltzing back to the top, though, they're in for a surprise.

Where are they going to get the cash for all this..?

They're still losing tens of thousands a day, and even an increase in attendance will mostly be current season ticket holders drifting back, so means little or no extra income - and definitely no profit..!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Where are they going to get the cash for all this..?

They're still losing tens of thousands a day, and even an increase in attendance will mostly be current season ticket holders drifting back, so means little or no extra income - and definitely no profit..!

Which is why hoping for admin was missing the real problem. King needs to fund losses AND pay Ashley. Moonbeams will be on hold for quite some time.

Which is why hoping for admin was missing the real problem. King needs to fund losses AND pay Ashley. Moonbeams will be on hold for quite some time.

What happens if Ashley decides he wants his loans repaid immediately - King has made it abundantly clear he is not going to pump in any of his own dosh. His share issue will take months to arrange and implement. it's still got the possibilty to go tits up for them. I don't think the infighting and shananagins are over with all of this by a long shot.

What happens if Ashley decides he wants his loans repaid immediately - King has made it abundantly clear he is not going to pump in any of his own dosh. His share issue will take months to arrange and implement. it's still got the possibilty to go tits up for them. I don't think the infighting and shananagins are over with all of this by a long shot.

The 3 bears were apparently willing to lend up to ?10m as an alternative to MA's offer, so could presumably cover the short term problem (unless of course there is any truth in the claims from Leach that they shat it when he and Lambias started to take their offer seriously)!

The 3 bears were apparently willing to lend up to ?10m as an alternative to MA's offer, so could presumably cover the short term problem (unless of course there is any truth in the claims from Leach that they shat it when he and Lambias started to take their offer seriously)!

That scenario would test their bottle. Lots to happen with all of this. One thing is certain, it won't be an easy ride for them no mater what the outcome.

Edited by Deevers

...a bit disco

McInnes?

Apparently it's either Dougie Freedman or Ian Cathro!

McInnes?

Apparently it's either Dougie Freedman or Ian Cathro!

I'm sure they have both always wanted to manage in the second tier of Scottish football :)

So many comments on the loans today. Interestingly the 2nd tranche is agreed with 2 additional directors at the behest of SD (yet to be called upon). The requistion is against the 4 encumbents (including Easdale) to be replaced by King, Murray and Gilligan. The NOMAD position (and the SFA) have stated positions on two of those i.e. King and Murray. I am under no doubt that Ashley will have expert legal advice that backs up the fact that these two cannot take up those seats. In effect, they stay as they are being shareholders looking in from the outside, even if King wins, he will only get Gilligan onto the board - to see Lambias and Leach staring back at them as part of the terms of the drawdown of the second loan. So, King gets out voted two to one on every decision.

Edited by Abbey Craig

So many comments on the loans today. Interestingly the 2nd tranche is agreed with 2 additional directors at the behest of SD (yet to be called upon). The requistion is against the 4 encumbents (including Easdale) to be replaced by King, Murray and Gilligan. The NOMAD position (and the SFA) have stated positions on two of those i.e. King and Murray. I am under no doubt that Ashley will have expert legal advice that backs up the fact that these two cannot take up those seats. In effect, they stay as they are being shareholders looking in from the outside, even if King wins, he will only get Gilligan onto the board - to see Lambias and Leach staring back at them as part of the terms of the drawdown of the second loan. So, King gets out voted two to one on every decision.

King could put someone in his place on the board.

The Lying Fraudster/Director of Oldco is not a fit and proper person AIM rules dictate this the Nomad Must resign it is the rules.

King could put someone in his place on the board.

Hmm, let the legal battle commence - from the SFAs articles.

10.2 The Official Return shall include details of all officials, office-bearers, secretary, directors

or members of the board of management or committee of such member, Team Staff,

with their full designation, profession, business or occupation and full service address,

and also, subject to the provisions of Article 13, full details of the interest of such member

or any official, office-bearer, secretary, director or member of the board of management

or committee of such member and of its or his associates as defined in Article 13.5 in

any other member. The Board must be satisfied that any such person is fit and proper to

hold such position within Association Football. The Board hereby reserves its discretion

as to whether or not such a person is fit and proper, as aforesaid, after due consideration

of all relevant facts which the Board has in its possession and knowledge, including the

undernoted list which is acknowledged to be illustrative and not exhaustive:-

SFA definition of a memeber under rules 13.5:

(d) ?member? means involvement directly or indirectly (and whether as principal,

trustee, nominee, beneficiary or in any other capacity) in a club as a shareholder,

holder of options over any share, holder of convertible loans or securities or any

like instrument; member of a company limited by guarantee; the holder of an

interest in any unincorporated voluntary association; or as possessor of any other

right of ownership or control in relation to a club.

I said yesterday its all gone quiet? One of the wigs has gone, and no doubt the orcs will come flooding back, King will win this round, but what next, he needs 75% for a share floatation that's where sandy can get his own back? mike has still all the onerous contracts, it going to cost a bob or two to get all of that back? will king return the Geordie 5, which only 2 have played and have so far been the only ones who look like footballers? How will the salary for March be funded? It will be interesting to see if King gets his hands on the keys, of how much will he go public with?this story has lots of mileage in it yet? here is hoping hibs pip them to second spot and see what another year in the second tier does for them?Will king actually use his own money? lets see what the glib and shameless liar does next, and watch how the SMSM forgets his past and present?

They could be pipped to 2nd spot and still go up!

The Lying Fraudster/Director of Oldco is not a fit and proper person AIM rules dictate this the Nomad Must resign it is the rules.

Of course you could look into this further and realise that he has already got a Nomad lined up who will accept him and his group as fit and proper persons.

There is a reality underway here which some are choosing to ingnore.

King and co will win the battle for control of the club and that will happen next week.

Ashley has contracts with the club that will be difficult to break but could be open to negotiation.

Those looking to take over know there are debts and loans to be repaid especially to Ashley but have the funds to do so....at least for the next couple of seasons

Do they really think King made his money without business skills and that he has insufficient funds to complete the purchase and fund the business especially as with Ashley off the scene there will be others willing to help such as Jim McColl ?

With the appointment of a new manager, the replacement of a large group of out of contract players and restructuring of the club there will be goodwill which will almost certainly result in the crowds coming back in decent numbers.

There is a question mark as to which league they will be in but they will be better run and financed over the next couple of seasons which will give them a far better chance to progress whether it be in the Championship or Premier League.

Despite all of the above there are no g'tees but they will have a much greater chance of success much as we did at the start of this season (with a fresh team in place and goodwill from the fans in forms of monthly contributions and season ticket sales backed up with increased walk ups and merchandise sales vastly increasing).

• Maple Leaf locked this topic