The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I have friends who support Rangers and I hope their club goes into admin again and then disappears completely never to be seen again. I don't feel in the slightest sorry for them, and I'm sure they will find something else to do with their Saturday afternoons. If you believe we were treated with the same kid gloves as Rangers, you are kidding yourself. Hidden side contracts discovered but no punishment, fine of ?250k allowed to float unpaid for 2 years before action taken (and has that actually been followed through) special agreement allowed to get them into league without meeting requirements, and a ridiculous transfer ban implemented (after transfer window closed, allowing them to sign players).

Okay I'll bite can you tell me why a supposed new club was given a fine and a six month transfer ban, why was a club who went into administration fined ?10'000, why was a supposed new club told to pay of an old clubs footballing debt (thankfully for us as we received over ?500'000 which kept the wolf from the doors a wee while longer) if one club has profited as to how that club has been run over the past 2-3 years it's been us, ?1.5 for Lee Wallace, ?700'000 for Temps two players who had rejected extensions to their contacts, oh and did the SFA give rangers a ?500'000 parachute payment for being relegated, did the SPL/SPFL give them advanced payments to pay debts, no, but we did.

If you look closely it could have been a lot worse for us we were lucky that the administrators in Lithuania took a very favourable view that our value was only in us being a football club because if we had been liquidated and sold to the highest bidder Tynecastle could easily have been flattened by now, it's very easy to stick the boot in knowing we are safe and easier to say these things behind the safety of a screen because I can guarantee most of the guff spouted on here would never ever be said on civvy street.

If it makes you feel any better rudi Rangers are never going to "vanish" so your pals will always have a team to support. I'm sure they can manage a rough few seasons after 9IAR etc.

I have no real affinity to rangers, hibs, celtic or any other league teams outwith Hearts, they are as far as I'm concerned another team we have played against for over 100 years and hope it continues for another 100 years. Like many I have friends who support rangers people who are suffering at what they see "their team" going through, bearing in mind we have been through almost the same so for that reason I have sympathy because I know how I was feeling at the time, thankfully we came through the other side in a far better place only a league lower.

I have brought up many points on this thread, I've asked a certain poster who just loves to try and stick the knife in if he recognised our history up till the point we suffered liquidation in the early 1900's, not surprisingly there was no response as they probably care more about the demise of rangers rather than the history of Hearts. There have been many similarities as to what has happened to both clubs I have asked why they want rangers absolutely hammered but if we got a mention in the papers about similar events it was all a big media stitch up same goes with the footballing authorities, as I have already said to one poster I honestly believe he wanted us to get liquidated just to see if his wee crappy theory about the SFA/SPL/SPFL supposedly hating us was true when in actual fact the SFA and the then SPL couldn't have been better with us behind the scenes but that doesn't fit with the JKB way of thinking though does it.

There it is the old Hearts were liquidated line.

You have been proved wrong on this on numerous occasions. You have sympathy for Rangers fans when they have never shown anything other than arrogance.

You keep your sympathy i'll see them in misery.

It was more the equivalent of a solvent reconstruction.  All creditors were paid in full and the shareholders of the oldco were given shares in the newco or recompensed.

You have explained that already FF my point being a certain poster who was asked that question avoided it like the plague because IMO he cares more about the demise of rangers than he does about Hearts, more that half his posts about rangers and their troubles, that's more than just a passing interest.

My point was we DID suffer liquidation what ever way you dress it up but still kept our history up till that date, I asked if he was proud of our past cup/league wins up till that date, no response was the answer.

I have no real affinity to rangers, hibs, celtic or any other league teams outwith Hearts, they are as far as I'm concerned another team we have played against for over 100 years and hope it continues for another 100 years. Like many I have friends who support rangers people who are suffering at what they see "their team" going through, bearing in mind we have been through almost the same so for that reason I have sympathy because I know how I was feeling at the time, thankfully we came through the other side in a far better place only a league lower.

I have brought up many points on this thread, I've asked a certain poster who just loves to try and stick the knife in if he recognised our history up till the point we suffered liquidation in the early 1900's, not surprisingly there was no response as they probably care more about the demise of rangers rather than the history of Hearts. There have been many similarities as to what has happened to both clubs I have asked why they want rangers absolutely hammered but if we got a mention in the papers about similar events it was all a big media stitch up same goes with the footballing authorities, as I have already said to one poster I honestly believe he wanted us to get liquidated just to see if his wee crappy theory about the SFA/SPL/SPFL supposedly hating us was true when in actual fact the SFA and the then SPL couldn't have been better with us behind the scenes but that doesn't fit with the JKB way of thinking though does it.

For some it is mostly about the corruption in Scottish football.

There it is the old Hearts were liquidated line.

You have been proved wrong on this on numerous occasions. You have sympathy for Rangers fans when they have never shown anything other than arrogance.

You keep your sympathy i'll see them in misery.

Some of these rangers fans put their hand in their pocket to help raise cash when we needed it, that's why I have some sympathy.

You have explained that already FF my point being a certain poster who was asked that question avoided it like the plague because IMO he cares more about the demise of rangers than he does about Hearts, more that half his posts about rangers and their troubles, that's more than just a passing interest.

My point was we DID suffer liquidation what ever way you dress it up but still kept our history up till that date, I asked if he was proud of our past cup/league wins up till that date, no response was the answer.

Rudi. Did you ever answer the question, that if they are the same club, how come the 'old' football club and the 'new/current' one were SFA members at the same time? Edited by Claudia

Yif you don't understand the difference between what happened to us 100 odd years ago and what happened to Rangers, either go and find out or ask someone to explain it yet again. It really is very simple. In fact and unlike. Our administration last year,all debts were paid.

If you are not prepared to understand what happened, it really would be good if you could stop referring to it as if it was the same as the liquidation of Rangers.

Alert: I am not expressing an opinion here, just fact.

Okay I'll bite can you tell me why a supposed new club was given a fine and a six month transfer ban, why was a club who went into administration fined ?10'000, why was a supposed new club told to pay of an old clubs footballing debt (thankfully for us as we received over ?500'000 which kept the wolf from the doors a wee while longer) if one club has profited as to how that club has been run over the past 2-3 years it's been us, ?1.5 for Lee Wallace, ?700'000 for Temps two players who had rejected extensions to their contacts, oh and did the SFA give rangers a ?500'000 parachute payment for being relegated, did the SPL/SPFL give them advanced payments to pay debts, no, but we did.

If you look closely it could have been a lot worse for us we were lucky that the administrators in Lithuania took a very favourable view that our value was only in us being a football club because if we had been liquidated and sold to the highest bidder Tynecastle could easily have been flattened by now, it's very easy to stick the boot in knowing we are safe and easier to say these things behind the safety of a screen because I can guarantee most of the guff spouted on here would never ever be said on civvy street.

Re your questions on why a "supposed" new club etc etc, simple, the 5 way agreement. Ask yourself these questions, if they are the same club,  1) Why did charles green have to buy the history of Rangers FC(IL) from the duffers in a separate transaction? 2) Please show me where in the spl/sfa/sfl rule book the section that states an existing club can be relegated 3 divisions when they finished 2nd in the premier league? 3) What round did sevco enter the scottish cup in 2012/13? 4) why did sevco not have an SPL share if they were the same club?

Answers on a postcard to Still Deluded, Ibrokes, Govan, Glesga.

Francis Albert

For the sake of argument accepting that it's the same club why would Rangers have got a parachute payment for being relegated when they weren't relegated? 

Exactly almost 3 years and almost 80'000 posts and they are no further forward in finding their truth, fact is every time they say the SPFL/SFA will do this they do the exact opposite THEN try and find another conspiracy as to why it was done the other way, funny to watch all the back pedalling so it is.

I;ve seen then live at the Usher Hall sadly.How aposite a band that sings of "Pot head pixies and flying teapots" certainly also seems a number of the administrators of the game have joined in this nonsense. Turning a blind eye at the very least to a team/company dragging the game through the gutters

Footballfirst

Don't let the facts get in the way of you making a point. 

Rangers were fined ?160k and had a registration embargo imposed for a series of of rule infractions related to Craig Whyte and non payment of tax, not going into administration and subsequently liquidation.  They did receive a fine of ?50k for going into administration, to the best of my knowledge that wasn't paid, then complained that Hearts had "only" got a registration embargo, when it was Rangers themselves who had requested that a fine be levied.

Hearts received a discounted ?400,000, rather than the ?500,000 we were due due to the perilous nature of our finances at the time.

Rangers didn't receive a parachute payment because they weren't relegated.  Hearts don't get ?500,000 parachute payment either.  I think it was ?300,000 or ?350,000 (I may check later).

Advanced payments were paid to Gretna and Hearts to keep them in business, in Hearts case for a couple of weeks.  Rangers didn't ask for advanced payments.

Edited by Footballfirst

I suggest you find out what Companies law was at the time and also what the Scottish football rules were too. Once you have, please do come back online and explain how we are all wrong and are right.

You are and always have.been wrong about this and your insistence on peddling it's tiresome in the extreme.

Rangers have received only one punishment and that was a points deduction for going into administration. Everything else that has happened to them was the price they had to pay for the grubby little deal that sees the reincarnation play on in senior football.

Take a look at the Premiership and Championship tables. This is what happens when the Old Firm are kept apart. We have more competition. We should have told Sevco to bolt, but we didn't. I live in hope that they go the same way as the last lot, because that remains the best chance we have of a competitive and enjoyable league in Scotland.

Some of these rangers fans put their hand in their pocket to help raise cash when we needed it, that's why I have some sympathy.

A few paddling against an almighty tide of arrogance Rudi, most are a*}^{holes who couldnt care about Scottish football unless it interests them.

Edited by Jamboelite

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Rudi. Did you ever answer the question, that if they are the same club, how come the 'old' football club and the 'new/current' one were SFA members at the same time?

Come on now, be fair, stop looking for answers to questions that, in the style of QI, the only answer could be - 'Nobody knows!'

Unless someone has a very vivid imagination and a great desire for it to be possible! Oh wait a minute, I'm sitting in my living-room, and there's a guy sitting over there, I'd swear it's me!!

Because that was part of the agreement to allow the new club back into the Scottish League despite the fact they didn't meet the criteria.  Those were conditions that were set and which newco agreed to.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Because that was part of the agreement to allow the new club back into the Scottish League despite the fact they didn't meet the criteria. Those were conditions that were set and which newco agreed to.

Not forgetting that the authorities wanted those conditions to include a parachute into either the SPL or Division 1.

Charlie-Brown

Vladimir Romanov called our football authorities cheats and corrupt and we got several fines as a result.

Turnbull Hutton stood on the steps of Hampden and told the watching world our football authorities were corrupt and liars.

Both men were correct the actions of Ogilvie, Regan, Doncaster, Topping, Longmuir and Ballantyne in 2012 and subsequently have proven this beyond any reasonable doubt.

Since when before or since has the entire footballing establishment plotted and lined up to tell the whole world the rule books and precedents should be disregarded and extra ordinary solutions implemented to the advantage of one member club to soften the consequences of their self inflicted and totally deserved liquidation.

Answer never ever before or since.

These corrupt charlatans should have been chased with pitchforks not retained in office and awarded improve contracts and pay rises.

Stinks to high heaven eh Rudi?

boabyarsebiscuit

Vladimir Romanov called our football authorities cheats and corrupt and we got several fines as a result.

Turnbull Hutton stood on the steps of Hampden and told the watching world our football authorities were corrupt and liars.

Both men were correct the actions of Ogilvie, Regan, Doncaster, Topping, Longmuir and Ballantyne in 2012 and subsequently have proven this beyond any reasonable doubt.

Since when before or since has the entire footballing establishment plotted and lined up to tell the whole world the rule books and precedents should be disregarded and extra ordinary solutions implemented to the advantage of one member club to soften the consequences of their self inflicted and totally deserved liquidation.

These corrupt charlatans should have been chased with pitchforks not retained in office and awarded improve contracts and pay rises.

Crikey. A post from Charlie I actually agree with 100%. Seems a long time since the hatkicker / vladsheep days. :-)

That is actually the knife that keeps getting twisted in our back. We been shit on for years (all clubs out with the OF) by all and sundry MSM the biggest cuprits or actually neck and neck with the Beaks who to a man bend over and accept what they're give. Now we've got the *******s on the run and surprise surprise Scottish football is looking good. However that haven't stopped those wankers at Hampden trying to fix Rangers return to Glory.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Careful Charlie. You will be accused of wanting us liquidated to prove a point. Rudi, of course, ignored my post about Airdrie and Gretna being liquidated and what happened to them being precedents for what should have happened to Rangers, as that didn't fit his rant.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

What's funny about the Rangers situation is that if they had just been forced to start again that arguably would have been better than what's happening now.

The SFA/SPFL pulling out the stops to get them back in the top league as quickly as possible has just enabled their addiction to overspending.

So the company which holds the merchandising deal for Robert Sarver's Phoenix Suns is owned by the one & only Mike Ashley [emoji1]

e7319cb3f13e9152bc6f9bcb3acf6ec5.jpg

There's your link between Sarver & Ashley..

http://www.sportsdirectplc.com/our-brands/sports-and-leisure/antigua.aspx

How on earth can mere humans follow this debacle? so Ashley seems to have tried to get his lot in via the back door or have I completely lost what is going on at Ibroke?

So the company which holds the merchandising deal for Robert Sarver's Phoenix Suns is owned by the one & only Mike Ashley [emoji1]e7319cb3f13e9152bc6f9bcb3acf6ec5.jpg

There's your link between Sarver & Ashley..http://www.sportsdirectplc.com/our-brands/sports-and-leisure/antigua.aspx

You couldn't make this up if you tried. Influence in the board room definitely, insider trading mmmmm ???

The Mighty Thor

So the company which holds the merchandising deal for Robert Sarver's Phoenix Suns is owned by the one & only Mike Ashley [emoji1]

e7319cb3f13e9152bc6f9bcb3acf6ec5.jpg

There's your link between Sarver & Ashley..

http://www.sportsdirectplc.com/our-brands/sports-and-leisure/antigua.aspx

Never saw that one coming  :lol:

Edited by The Mighty Thor

And we were wondering what Ashley's next move would be, boom!!!! ? Sports Direct International plc. Fingers in everyone's pie.

So in summary re Sarver, the Coach he has employed coaching his boys was a reherring to put people of the scent, and he already knows what's under the bonnet thanks to his buisness interest with Ashely.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Some revisionist pash going on in this thread!

For the avoidance of doubt, neither version of the team playing at Ibrox has ever been relegated.

Hope this helps.

Malinga the Swinga

So it looks like Team Ashley versus Team King.

Pros Team Ashley

haven't broken a law

have almost unlimited funds

do not care what anyone thinks of them

proven that they can actually run companies at a profit.

Cons Team Ashley

do not appear to have football at the heart of their bid for control of Rangers

do not care what anyone thinks of them

not Rangers men

you wouldn't trust them as far as you could throw them

not trusted by Rangers support

Pros Team King

Rangers men

have almost unlimited funds

could count on a fair amount of Rangers support

Cons Team King

King is a convicted Tax cheat

was part of previous Rangers board who cheated and conned their way for numerous years in Scotland

you wouldn't trust them as far as you could throw them

could be operating as an illegal 'concert party' in attempted takeover of Rangers.

Now which side would you take?

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Ha ha ha ha so Sarver is Ashley this is probably why they hastily knocked back his deal

but it's Ashley's sidekicks that have knocked back the Sarvar offer! Anyone got an explanation for this?

Hope the SFA get a look at this.

Ashley trying to get Sarver in,what more proof do they need. The document links the two of them.

What a bloody shambles our football body is, they will turn a blind eye. #influence 

Edited by Jimmy Cunningham

Malinga the Swinga

but it's Ashley's sidekicks that have knocked back the Sarvar offer! Anyone got an explanation for this?

Nope, but has anyone got an explanation on anything that is happening at Rangers.

No explanation, but it did wonders for the share price, just saying likes.

Nope, but has anyone got an explanation on anything that is happening at Rangers.

JKB should run a completion to see who can guess what happens next. I'll bet nobody gets it right.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Statement from Sarver tomorrow apparently.

No prize yet unless you can tell us what his statement says [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the attempted manipulation was more in the misplaced belief that the rest of the teams would implode and the whole house of cards would collapse rather than some corruption or any sense of being "Rangers minded". To my view this was gross incompetence on behalf of the authorities and the so called top brass should have been ousted for that alone. To still have Regan and Doncaster in place is to all of our shame - and I mean the whole of Scottish football, not Hearts alone. If some other club collapses in the same way as the huns have (please let it be the other cheek) then we will know for sure. Until then, I will go with the ****** up hypothesis rather than the conspiracy one. Conspiracy assumes a level of planning and intelligence which these chumps clearly do not have.

Charlie-Brown

I think the attempted manipulation was more in the misplaced belief that the rest of the teams would implode and the whole house of cards would collapse rather than some corruption or any sense of being "Rangers minded". To my view this was gross incompetence on behalf of the authorities and the so called top brass should have been ousted for that alone. To still have Regan and Doncaster in place is to all of our shame - and I mean the whole of Scottish football, not Hearts alone. If some other club collapses in the same way as the huns have (please let it be the other cheek) then we will know for sure. Until then, I will go with the ****** up hypothesis rather than the conspiracy one. Conspiracy assumes a level of planning and intelligence which these chumps clearly do not have.

There was emails, meetings, briefings between Ogilvie, Regan, Topping, Doncaster, Petrie and Longmuir about how the Rangers / Sevco crisis was to be handled, their options to keep them in the SPL, bribe them into Division One against all known rules or precedents or the Armageddon options of Division 3 / social unrest / nuclear winter etc.

Only the United front by almost every club's fans prevented this most disgraceful and shameful machinations ever devised by our football authorities to the sole benefit of one member club (who actually didn't even hold membership at that time) and needed a secret five way agreement to even eventually get membership.

It was and remains corruption of the highest order and a stain on Scottish football, they also talked down the product so much that sponsorship income has dried up. A disgrace only made worse by the fact they are all still there.

Edited by Charlie-Brown

Malinga the Swinga

There was emails, meetings, briefings between Ogilvie, Regan, Topping, Doncaster, Petrie and Longmuir about how the Rangers / Sevco crisis was to be handled, their options to keep them in the SPL, bribe them into Division One against all known rules or precedents or the Armageddon options of Division 3 / social unrest / nuclear winter etc.

Only the United front by almost every club's fans prevented this most disgraceful and shameful machinations ever devised by our football authorities to the sole benefit of one member club (who actually didn't even hold membership at that time) and needed a secret five way agreement to even eventually get membership.

It was and remains corruption of the highest order and a stain on Scottish football, they also talked down the product so much that sponsorship income has dried up. A disgrace only made worse by the fact they are all still there.

Yet most of the media, the Rangers support and some on here would still argue that Rangers were punished unduly by relegation to division 3. This lie must be refuted at every opportunity until the truth of the corruption and subterfuge that took place is uncovered and made public knowledge.

:lol: Brilliant! I did say the other day that I wouldn't be surprised if the Sarver deal was Ashley through the back door. Oh you cannae beat him!

According to Keith Jackson of the daily ranger on twatter:

"keith jackson ?@tedermeatballs 18m18 minutes ago
For what it?s worth, Sarver?s camp vehemently deny any prior relationship with Mike Ashley. So there you have it."

Sounds like even he doesn't believe it.

The governance of scottish football is completely corrupt, the panic in 2012 to get any form of a football team in blue from ibrokes playing at the highest level was a disgrace, rules were bent or ignored to shoehorn them into the 3rd division, is it any wonder we have no national league sponsor. If it hadn't been for the fans of the "diddy" clubs making a stand and saying no, it would have happened.

Regan, Doncaster, Ogilvie and Longmuir are totally corrupt and it beggars belief that they are still in control of scottish football.

Yet most of the media, the Rangers support and some on here would still argue that Rangers were punished unduly by relegation to division 3. This lie must be refuted at every opportunity until the truth of the corruption and subterfuge that took place is uncovered and made public knowledge.

This in spades.  

I've lost count of the times I've had to correct the same Rangers fans over and over again who come out with the same lie over and over or try to re-write history to whatever version suits them.

I did say "apparently", but sevco might be preoccupied tomorrow . [emoji6].

e030d0580dc0a63adae5d5e7477ef820.jpg

And not before time as well.

I did say "apparently", but sevco might be preoccupied tomorrow . [emoji6].

e030d0580dc0a63adae5d5e7477ef820.jpg

IF it's true, about fecking time, but i'll believe it when I see it.

I did say "apparently", but sevco might be preoccupied tomorrow . [emoji6]. e030d0580dc0a63adae5d5e7477ef820.jpg

It will be interesting to see how they prove that. I'm sure they will come up with ?8m minimum from somewhere. Who will will under right their season? Guarantor with deep pockets required.

Edited by Dannie Boy

• Maple Leaf locked this topic