The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

So, if that's the case.......

Rangers in crisis: 10,000 fans sign up in one day to Facebook campaign vowing to boycott matches and merchandise

....how can Doncaster accept Llambias' "personal guarantee" that they'll survive the season?

If that 10k is correct the traveling Jambos could well out number the remaining Orc's

Don't get the idea that Rangers is flagship for his business. He is an opportunist businessman who sees scope for turning ?1M into ?2M or ?5M into ?10M. That's the way he has built his fortune, buying up distress businesses and brands and turning them into profitable enterprises. Rangers is no different. If he doesn't see a profit to be made then he will get out sharpish. Just see what happened to the USC warehouse at Dundonald today.

That's how I see it. He makes educated bets - some he loses on (with limited exposure) and most he wins. He has very little to lose with The Rangers and has a decent chance of turning a profit.

From Grant Russell.

Robert Sarver has made a fresh takeover proposal to Rangers to spend up to ?20m on shares and provide ?6.5m in immediate short-term funding.

And

Sandy Easdale loan repaid.

Sarver Ashley front? (Inmediate short term funding - loan or investment?)

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst

From Grant Russell.

Robert Sarver has made a fresh takeover proposal to Rangers to spend up to ?20m on shares and provide ?6.5m in immediate short-term funding.

And

Sandy Easdale loan repaid.

Sarver Ashley front? (Inmediate short term funding - loan or investment?)

Both!

AIM announcements

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12207694.html

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12207658.html

Footballfirst

The ?6.5M is a loan, repayable in 90 days from the proceeds of the placement.

90 days, say from later this month, would only take them up to mid April, in line with Ashley's due date for repayment. (27th April)

Edited by Footballfirst

We_are_the_Hearts

The ?6.5M is a loan, repayable in 90 days from the proceeds of the placement.

90 days, say from later this month, would only take them up to mid April, in line with Ashley's due date for repayment. (27th April)

So Sarver/Ashley would be due 9.5 million in April? How they going to get that back? Season Tickets?

Malinga the Swinga

If offer is ?20m, but in 90 days he gets ?6.5m back, then he is really offering ?13.5m for a majority owning position.

If they need to repay ?3m back to Ashley as well in April, then presume that new share issue would be required to get investment in, along with sale of season tickets for next season.

Does that sort out their finances if they still are seeing outgoings massively outstrip income? Who knows.

Geoff Kilpatrick

At 20p a share, I would be getting out of Dodge if I was a shareholder in Sevco and selling as quick as possible.

livingstonjambo

At 20p a share, I would be getting out of Dodge if I was a shareholder in Sevco and selling as quick as possible.

The problem is you can sell them on the open market at the moment for 26.5p

If Ive followed correctly that will see them to the end of the season. But they are still hemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate due to the onerous contracts, and with their player wages to turnover rate at a decent level, they wont have a lot of wiggle room to impliment austerity measures.

Edited by Feeno

If offer is ?20m, but in 90 days he gets ?6.5m back, then he is really offering ?13.5m for a majority owning position.

If they need to repay ?3m back to Ashley as well in April, then presume that new share issue would be required to get investment in, along with sale of season tickets for next season.

Does that sort out their finances if they still are seeing outgoings massively outstrip income? Who" knows.

"Live now, pay later" maxim.

Now they are putting all their eggs in the Sarver basket to tide them over until ST money comes in.

Edited by Tasavallan

kingantti1874

Does that sort out their finances if they still are seeing outgoings massively outstrip income? Who knows.

I thought it was ?20m for the shares + a ?6.5m pound loan...

Malinga the Swinga

You may be right but it seems unclear as to what proposal is and terms are. Presume they use ?6m loan to relay Ashley and have ?3m left over for working capital, as surely they don't want to owe ?9m repayable in 90 odd days.

Has the connection between Sarver and Ashley, through Sports Direct retailing Phoenix Sun's kit, been totally ignored by media or is it being investigated? They can't just ignore it and presume these guys just never knew each other can they?

By offering to help Rangers, does anyone automatically now just become trusted and a saviour as desperation to see them get back to Top league increases?

it is. However they spend the ?6.5m+ a lot more in next three/ four months as working capital. In 90 days they have to repay Sarvar ?6.5 m and Ashley ?3m meaning that there will be max of ?10.5m of the ?20m left come April and Sarvar will have complete control. He will be paying ?20m for the Club and it's debts. Not likely to happen though because the bears, King and small shareholders will block it. This is just positioning from Ashley to protract the pain until the penalty elements of his onerous contracts kick in. If I'm wrong and Sarvar actually wants control then he also has to offer to buy out all other shareholders at 20p per share which will cost him another ?20m+. Surely he isn't that stupid.

If MA isn't interested in owning Rangers (the conventional wisdom here) then surely Sarver can't be a front for MA?

If I was an orc, I would be pretty happy at this development. 

If MA isn't interested in owning Rangers (the conventional wisdom here) then surely Sarver can't be a front for MA?

Agree, but the issue is going to be where does Sarvar buys his ?20M worth of shares from and at what price.

Dalstonjambo

The problem is you can sell them on the open market at the moment for 26.5p

Only if someone will buy them..

Agree, but the issue is going to be where does Sarvar buys his ?20M worth of shares from and at what price.

The idea seems to be a placing which would create enough shares for Sarver to gain control. This would require the agreement of 75% of existing shareholders.

The idea seems to be a placing which would create enough shares for Sarver to gain control. This would require the agreement of 75% of existing shareholders.

Which would mean all the other pigs around the trough having their %age share ownership of Sevco diminished.  There is a lot of nests to get feathered here.

Edited by Tasavallan

Trying to buy Rangers must be like trying to buy a whole house but needing to buy each room from different people. 

Interesting that the Ashley-owned USC are going into administration and are appointing Duff & Phelps.

You really couldn't make this up.

A complete carve up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweet

Rangers latest Douglas Fraser Business and economy editor, Scotland

Brentford's paid up for Lewis Macleod transfer, so Easdale loan paid off. (Buys a few more weeks, but this doesn't look good).

This really is nuts.

It's like the Black Knight in Monty Python.

I think you've nailed it with that comparison

200.gif

I think you've nailed it with that comparison

200.gif

Incidentally, that would also explain how well Rangers have been doing on the pitch as well. Pretty difficult to defend with only one leg etc :)

Tweet

Rangers latest Douglas Fraser Business and economy editor, Scotland

Brentford's paid up for Lewis Macleod transfer, so Easdale loan paid off. (Buys a few more weeks, but this doesn't look good).

Presumably they used some of the telfer cash from dundee utd as the up front payment from brentford was only 400k. So they are back to square one, no cash and bills piling up, wages, NI, PAYE & VAT all due within the next 4/5 weeks.

Charlie-Brown

Not going to happen.

Nope it isn't but they will be hamstrung this season whilst events resolve themselves.

Going forward the question is will they be run financially on a sensible sustainable path or will it be This is Rangers FC gung ho back to where we belong Champions League yada yada yada......depends who wins control.

Unknown user

Hurry up and just die please. Horrible club.

Not going to happen mate.

There'll be a Rangers in one form or another for a long time to come. Tens of thousands of football supporters don't just stop existing.

As long as Celtic exist, there'll be a group of people who can't let the "taigs" win.

There'll be further ignominy and embarrassment by the bucket load for them though, the OF game's not far away for example

Delaying tactic until they get into even deeper trouble.

Unknown user

This piece from the past perfectly illustrates the fairytales they spun when the truth was so very different.

af1b34920299260a6e666cf9d424b9a4.jpg

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/charles-green-claims-mike-ashley-will-earn-rangers-10m-a-year-1-2461089

Reading that again, is it possible that Green was actually well meaning as far as the club were concerned, but just thick as utter **** and easily taken advantage of by actual businessmen?

Incidentally, that would also explain how well Rangers have been doing on the pitch as well. Pretty difficult to defend with only one leg etc :)

Tis but a flesh wound

Hagar the Horrible

The board has issues a statement on the revised proposal

The Directors thank Mr Sarver for his continuing interest in Rangers. They are studying the Revised Proposal which was received last night, and are consulting with major shareholders, to understand whether the proposal is capable of being implemented. A further announcement will be made shortly.

My son's a Jambo

6a5bf6ccd7e7081ca85a98d4940d10d7.jpg

It needs a 75% approval rate for any deal to go through. Can be easily kyboshed by the 3brs & king ..

Does beg the question of against what the ?6.5m loan is proposed to be secured. Whurs the deeds?

If Sarver is indeed linked to Ashley, this could be a genius play.

Board consult King and the 3 teddies and they say bugger off, the board can then say the Rangers men kyboshed it, we (the Ashley camp) would have accepted it, whatever happens next is King etc's fault.

Edited by Toonpack

Seymour M Hersh

Does beg the question of against what the ?6.5m loan is proposed to be secured. Whurs the deeds?

Was thinking exactly the same when I read it was a short term secured loan. Secured against what I wonder.

Was thinking exactly the same when I read it was a short term secured loan. Secured against what I wonder.

Looks like it is secured against "the proceeds of the placing".

BRAVEHEART1874

Sevco still banking on winning the play offs easily doesn't sound like them does it ;) then hoping to be selling 20-30,000 st on the basis of spl footie next year to pay back a whopping 9 million odd loan now if this deal is accepted then? Desperate times need desperate measures eh? Just imagine the chit when queen of the south, hibs or Ross county beat them :)

Unknown user

Sevco still banking on winning the play offs easily doesn't sound like them does it ;) then hoping to be selling 20-30,000 st on the basis of spl footie next year to pay back a whopping 9 million odd loan now if this deal is accepted then? Desperate times need desperate measures eh? Just imagine the chit when queen of the south, hibs or Ross county beat them :)

You can see their point, after all they're keeping their good young players and augmenting then with quality additions hoho

...a bit disco

This piece from the past perfectly illustrates the fairytales they spun when the truth was so very different.

af1b34920299260a6e666cf9d424b9a4.jpg

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/charles-green-claims-mike-ashley-will-earn-rangers-10m-a-year-1-2461089

Should that not read 'Mike Ashley will earn 10 million a year FROM Rangers says Green'?

All the more reason for us to keep winning, we don`t want involved in the end of season scrap.....lets win this league then sit back and enjoy the melee.

Usc stores making first ministers question time with Ashley's name highlighted. Multimillionaire Ashey bumps staff with no notice. Ruthless or what.

BRAVEHEART1874

Oops Read it will only be ?6.5 mill to pay in 90 days as the loan should be used to pay of Ashley's 3 mill ah well still goosed i can See some more cheering a hibs goal if they beat sevco in a play off ;)

Cairneyhill Jambo

Usc stores making first ministers question time with Ashley's name highlighted. Multimillionaire Ashey bumps staff with no notice. Ruthless or what.

And doing a midnight flit of all their stock from the USC warehouse in Ayrshire with Sports Direct lorries.

They even asked the staff who were about to be made redundant to help them.  You couldn't make it up.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/305701-mike-ashley-owned-usc-fashion-chain-to-axe-jobs-at-scots-warehouse/

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

I don't think that any of the protagonists have actually got the money to make Newco work as it stands just now. This bitter in fighting is just going to go on and on till they go bust again.

Meanwhile, what austerity measures have actually been undertaken by Llambias?   What changes have been made that will really make a difference?  Even if McCoist was pushed rather than jumped, that hasn't saved them a penny.  McLeod leaving hasn't affected the day-to-day costs materially, I wouldn't have thought.

Unknown user

I don't think that any of the protagonists have actually got the money to make Newco work as it stands just now. This bitter in fighting is just going to go on and on till they go bust again.

Ashley and the American certainly have that kind of money

• Maple Leaf locked this topic