The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Malinga the Swinga

Even accepting that they have broken no SPFL rules, the fact that they received letter from Taxman cannot be taken as anything other than very bad news for a company that is struggling, and whose outgoings comfortably exceed its income.

The number of loans being provided at the last minute show that things are desperate at Ibrox and unless they can 'magic' their way out of the existing contracts and undergo a severe bout of austerity, then matters will only get worse.

Malinga the Swinga

The lying king on Easdale. 91cd58aeebcfc9945691367287fa4e84.jpg

It shows the different world that King and his tax cheating friends live in when ?500,000 can be described as a small amount of money.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

I hate the huns as much as the next man, but the last few pages show that some people need to calm themselves when looking at this stuff.

Hagar the Horrible

?500k is only loose change when you've been found guilty of 41 counts of tax evasion for millions though. :lol:

at to pay 40m Rand not to go to jail

Sarver is Jewish, so it surprises me he wants to get involved with the sectarian bears. But is he a Proddy Jew they will be asking in Bearsden.

Goldstone Wonder

Good to see that Dundee Utd are ready to pay their bills on time.

Tyrone Smith ?@TyroneSTV ? 2m2 minutes ago

Stephen Thompson says Rangers will get the money they?re due for Charlie Telfer on time, after getting a reminder from the Ibrox club today

Not a moment before the last date is due I bet. Quite right too.

Hagar the Horrible

Not a moment before the last date is due I bet. Quite right too.

Brentford should say they will pay early a reduced amount just like the tried with us over Lee Wallace

Unknown user

I hate the huns as much as the next man, but the last few pages show that some people need to calm themselves when looking at this stuff.

Theres quite a lot of interesting discussion on the particulars and possible ramifications of a big event.

No one's posting jelly and ice cream or going mental and yours is the first use of the word "hate" for a few pages.

Don't see an issue myself

exactly. I detest rangers more than any other club but it was clear that no default had happened. Of course they were only spared by a loan from Easdale so they are still a basket case. Maybe the 2nd February date they gave to the Yank is to avoid this happening next month, who knows 

I P Knightley

exactly. I detest rangers more than any other club but it was clear that no default had happened. Of course they were only spared by a loan from Easdale so they are still a basket case. Maybe the 2nd February date they gave to the Yank is to avoid this happening next month, who knows

Me. I know.

It's not.

Italian Lambretta

I thought references to peopleS religious beliefs where banned on KB?

Sarver is Jewish, so it surprises me he wants to get involved with the sectarian bears. But is he a Proddy Jew they will be asking in Bearsden.

Good to see that Dundee Utd are ready to pay their bills on time.

Tyrone Smith ?@TyroneSTV ? 2m2 minutes ago

Stephen Thompson says Rangers will get the money they?re due for Charlie Telfer on time, after getting a reminder from the Ibrox club today

They've got absolutely nae shame.

Theres quite a lot of interesting discussion on the particulars and possible ramifications of a big event.

No one's posting jelly and ice cream or going mental and yours is the first use of the word "hate" for a few pages.

Don't see an issue myself

Interesting discussion, aye? It's a load of folk wetting themselves with excitement and not engaging their brains. Two seconds of thought would've shown that they hadn't breached the rules and yet folk were already re-writing the league table and dusting off their liquidation party frocks.

It makes hibs.net look like the round table at the Algonquin 

Edited by 2NaFish

Unknown user

Interesting discussion, aye? It's a load of folk wetting themselves with excitement and not engaging their brains. Two seconds of thought would've shown that they hadn't breached the rules and yet folk were already re-writing the league table and dusting off their liquidation party frocks.

Hope your Tuesday goes better than your Monday ;)

Hope your Tuesday goes better than your Monday ;)

I've had 4 chocolate hobnobs, i'm delighted. But if you think anything i've said isn't bang on the cash and is the result of some grumpy monday shite you want to have a word with yourself.

My point is about how groupthink and a desire for a particular result can cloud our judgement. You're highlighting that brilliantly.

Unknown user

I've had 4 chocolate hobnobs, i'm delighted. But if you think anything i've said isn't bang on the cash and is the result of some grumpy monday shite you want to have a word with yourself.

My point is about how groupthink and a desire for a particular result can cloud our judgement. You're highlighting that brilliantly.

"I hate the huns as much as the next man, but the last few pages show that some people need to calm themselves when looking at this stuff."

Which part of this was about group think and a desire for a particular result?

You're the one who hates rangers, I don't. I don't have any preferred outcome.

....and dusting off their liquidation party frocks.

Buying new liquidation party frocks in the sales.

Do keep up. :whistling:

Unknown user

specifically? 'calm themselves'

you need to calm yourself.

How does that refer to group think or a desire for a specific outcome? Perhaps you never made the point you intended to?

Anyway I'm perfectly calm thanks. Monday off, haven't even left the house. Haven't actually got dressed yet in fact!

?500k is only loose change when you've been found guilty of 41 counts of tax evasion for millions though. :lol:

Which is only about ?2.5m, small change to him.

Unknown user

I like Toona and Smithee, this is breaking my heart.

:sob:

I'm sorry Charlie, it's hard on the kids sometimes

I P Knightley

I like Toona and Smithee, this is breaking my heart.

:sob:

No one likes it when the parents argue.

I wish it would stop.

A wee recap and no doubt I've missed a few things out but in the very recent past this is what's happened to keep us interested.

Somers woke up at 4am in a cold swet and fired of begging letters for urgent cash.

The 3 Bears have bought shares (which did not help the club).

They've sold their best player. No money had arrived.

Hector has sent them a demand letter which put the wind up them.

Easdale has had to come up with ?500k to see of Hector off, for now.

They've sent a reminder to Dundee Utd to remember to pay the bill on time.

An Amercan with off the Radar wealth has offered ?18m to buy them.

All these things get collated on here and makes interesting reading and generate discussion.

Footballfirst

Neil Doncaster has emailed a response to a Celtic fan about the same club comment.

Dear ***

Thank you for your email of 2 January. I am happy to clarify the position under SPFL Rules, as you request.

The SPFL Rules (and the SPL Rules that preceded them) draw a distinction between a football club (?Club?) on the one hand, and the company that owns or controls the Club on the other hand. There is no suggestion that the Club is a legal entity or has a legal personality which is different from whatever is the legal entity or person which is the owner and operator of the Club.

This important distinction was acknowledged by Lord Nimmo Smith?s Independent Commission dealing with undisclosed payments to players and was fully reflected in the preliminary and final decisions of the Independent Commission. Lord Nimmo Smith is, as you may be aware, a former Senator of the College of Justice and a judge sitting in The Inner House of the Court of Session. He was supported on the Commission by two of the leading Sports Law QCs. An internet search will confirm each of the Commission members? expertise and standing.

The concept of a football club being distinct from the company owning or controlling it is not a new concept in UK football, with the likes of Leeds United, Bristol City and Crystal Palace Football Clubs all having been owned or controlled by different companies over their lifetimes as a result of insolvency events. I have not heard it suggested that those historic football clubs are not the same ones that were formed in 1919, 1894 and 1905 respectively.

I trust the above is helpful.

Kind regards
Neil

It's perhaps evident that ND is a qualified lawyer in English Law rather than Scots Law given the examples he has used. Otherwise the original Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna clubs would have been resurrected before now.

Seems about right.

Simple pie chart shareholding breakdown as the battle lines get drawn for that hostile takeover plot.

5d3fa8315350cdf92ed01c6e0c9cbef0.jpg

The question is who going to side with who and what does the American do now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

Ashley strengthening his position?

http://www.lse.co.uk/share-regulatory-news.asp?shareprice=RFC&ArticleCode=dc8lg86b&ArticleHeadline=Directorate_Change

Directorate Change

Mon, 5th Jan 2015 17:47

RNS Number : 3339B
Rangers Int. Football Club PLC
05 January 2015

?

05 January 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", "RIFC" or the "Company")

Directorate Change

The Board of Rangers is pleased to announce that Barry Leach has been appointed as Finance Director of RIFC with immediate effect. Mr Leach has been acting as a consultant to the Company since 27 October 2014.

Barry John Leach (aged 48) is, or has been, a director of the following companies in the previous five years:

There follows a list of all the companies he has been involved with

Edited by Footballfirst

How does that refer to group think or a desire for a specific outcome? Perhaps you never made the point you intended to?

Oh, i did. You're proving my point. Here's the thing, i know what my intentions were - i can tell what they were, as they're mine. The fact that you didn't understand them and continue to argue against them, thus proving me right, shows that you simply couldn't fathom them.

You're boring me now, so i'll leave it. As is customary, i'll let you take the last word as you only seem interested in a tit-for-tat to hide your initial deficiency.

Buying new liquidation party frocks in the sales.

Do keep up. :whistling:

Did the liquidation party frock shop go under? I got mine in a fire sale.

Im on a diet otherwise i would have a bag of sweet and salty ready for the next few weeks.

Whatever happens long term in the boardroom as long as this distraction helps get us promoted and weakens them on and off the park then fine by me, anything else is a bonus.

Exactly what I said a few days ago, Ashley moving his men onto the board for that all important majority.

It's not going to help his case on 27th, when he tries to claim that he has no influence over Rangers, as per SFA rules.

:blink:

Unknown user

Oh, i did. You're proving my point. Here's the thing, i know what my intentions were - i can tell what they were, as they're mine. The fact that you didn't understand them and continue to argue against them, thus proving me right, shows that you simply couldn't fathom them.

You're boring me now, so i'll leave it. As is customary, i'll let you take the last word as you only seem interested in a tit-for-tat to hide your initial deficiency.

Haha aye, good one.

I'm happy to leave it at that, the world can judge for itself what's happened here.

Have a lovely calm evening all

Footballfirst

It's not going to help his case on 27th, when he tries to claim that he has no influence over Rangers, as per SFA rules.

:blink:

The outcome for Rangers will be determined before Ashley comes up before the SFA Beaks.

Leach?s appointment has echoes of Liam Byrne?s handover to David Laws as Chief Secretary to the Treasury:

?Dear Chief Secretary, I?m afraid that there is no money. Kind regards and good luck.?

-------------------------------------------

I'd expect a counter move by King and the Three Bears to call an EGM to appoint two or three new directors and/or get rid of existing ones.

This will be accompanied with a call to all small shareholders to proxy their votes to King and co.

The problem with that is that the current Board has up to 28 days to respond to such a request then something like another 3 months to schedule an EGM which would be far too late in the current situation.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

It is interesting to note from Leach's appointment notice that he resigned from all his SDI directorships immediately before being appointed Financial Consultant to RIFC.

Was this an attempt to get around the SFA "boardroom influence" charges?

Stayed at The Algonquin last June. Fantastic hotel & receptionist informed me on checking in that they were the oldest working hotel in New York. Since 1902 in fact...... Edited by iainmac

Unknown user

It is interesting to note from Leach's appointment notice that he resigned from all his SDI directorships immediately before being appointed Financial Consultant to RIFC.

Was this an attempt to get around the SFA "boardroom influence" charges?

That's quoie interesting but I seem to remember that the rules are vague enough to account for that.

IIRC there didn't have to be proof of influence or proof of a current link, it just needs to be shown that influence COULD be exerted and I don't see how that could be denied.

The EGM thing is interesting too, it seems many rangers fans don't back King and their proxies are by no means guaranteed, at least from what I've read on Bears' Den.

There is along way to go in this saga but it seems clear Ashley is not 'walking away'.

This appointment makes it pretty clear he does have an undue influence on the affairs at Ibrox and the meeting at the end of the month is going to have more evidence re this matter.

The board have added another number just to mean that for now they will not lose any votes until action is forced upon them and who knows what deals they could agree over the next few weeks...notice Easdales mouthpiece making a dig at those who have bought shares recently telling the world it has not helped the club unlike the Easdales.

There will be a 'war' and it seems clear only an EGM will now decide matters unless we see another institution sell their holding making any EGM  a waste of time and money.

Money is urgently required and the current shareholders will need to dig deep even for the club to survive and the American interest is something out of left field that has to be considered for those in power know any moves will be subject to great scrutiny should the company go into administration or liquidation.

It's all happening at ibrokes, get the jelly and ice cream in.

The clock is very much ticking for them, if they needed 500k immediately to stave off a winding up petition from hector, they are indeed in dire straits. How many other unpaid bills are there??? I would imagine that their suppliers are needing all payments on delivery and it's only a matter of time before someone else goes to court to get paid..

As for the yank, good luck to him if he want's to buy sevco, personally, I think once he does some due diligence, he'll be off like a rat out of an aquaduct never to be seen again.

Looks like ashley has the board sown up so the gloves will be off with goldiliar and the 3 bears, strap yourself in and prepare for the ride, it will be a hoot.

Watched rep Scot tonight and even if the U.S. Guy wants in he has till Feb 2nd to submit an offer.....the day the transfer window shuts but yes with MA taking things up a notch this is my soap/reality show and I can't stay away from this thread!

Diadora Van Basten

HMRC would not issue a winding up order unless Rangers were at least three months behind in there payments.

This doesn't square with what the SPFL are saying so someone is telling porkies.

HMRC would not issue a winding up order unless Rangers were at least three months behind in there payments.

This doesn't square with what the SPFL are saying so someone is telling porkies.

Have the SPFL and/or the SFA actually said anything publicly..?

Or is it just still second hand rumours being reported by MSM fans of succulent lamb..?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic