The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I P Knightley

Just a thought but would any bid either by Sarver or anybody else not have to include the ?16m+ which the "Club" owes RIFC, because the way the spivs operate if somebody wants the "Club" then surely they have to pay the debts of the club which are over ?16m payable to the holding company.  Or am I just talking piddle.?

He's bidding for the shares of the holding company which is owed the ?16m by the club. This may be a factor the board have used in coming to their valuation although it's starting to get messy in my head ;)

The ?16m will only be repaid out of income generated by the club so, ultimately, the valuation should come back to income generated by the club.

David Murray had Ibrox, Murray Park and the Albion car park valued at ?110m. Charles Green picked them up for ?1.5m. Make of that what you will!

I reckon it's somewhere in between those two figures :D

The truth of the matter is that it actually seems, from a Sevco perspective, it is in their long term best interests for administration.

It means that not so much money would have to be sunk into stakebuilding, the club would start (again) debt free, there would be a process that would essentially control the installation of new owners....

Administration wouldn't do much to clear the club of debt, in the way our admin did. 

The benefit of admin would be to lay off all the highly paid dross that is damaging the club on the pitch and to clear some of the commercial agreements which work to Ashley's benefit (assuming that they actually are bad for the club). From a footballing perspective, that would be better done in the close season.

The downside of admin this season is that it would almost definitely leave Rangers in the championship with the associated low earning potential for next year. It would be better for them to qualify for the SPL and start on negative points but with the higher earnings potential and, at least, some chance of closing the gap at the foot of the table. (Would they start on minus a third of their 2014-15 points tally or a straight minus 25?)

There are strict rules over insider trading, even talk of a bid should be announced to all to allow all share-holders(even new investors) to either bail or buy and everybody should have the same intel, not just the guys in the board room! In this case the Yank declared an interest, the company are legally bound to disclose it. Me buying a few shares for a couple of hundred bucks they don't need to? me buying all sandy easedales shares we don't need to disclose it until the deal has gone through, however if I was buying 30% then I would.

And of course any talk, even if it is only just talk about a takeover could have a positive effect on the share price, like we seen yesterday, there would have been some folk who made some money out of this statement, for example if you had bought shares at 18p the other week there and with the big jump yesterday sold them at 26p, maybe that's why there was quite a lot of shares bought and sold yesterday.

But I agree with you.

i heard today from a hun following work colleague that they are planning to sell season tickets for next season in next month to help the dire financial situation 

The President of the SFA was a Rangers director and SFA official and also at one point an office bearer of the league body for an ENTIRE DECADE the Rangers board ran a deliberate policy of concealing and not revealing information to the league and SFA they were duty bound to reveal. Campbell Ogilvie and Martin Bain and John McClelland all held high ranking office bearing positions within the SPL and/or SFA yet knowingly participated in Rangers deliberate cover up and failed to perform their duties as officers of our governing bodies. They couldn't have acted with any more bad faith towards the other member clubs if they had tried. Those we entrusted to uphold the rules were actually up to their necks in the rule breaking yet nobody was ever sanctioned or even cited with a disrepute charge.

And now we are surprised if Rangers appear to not be revealing the whole truth to Doncaster, Regan etc. Also given Regan's recent interview where he stated it was everyone's desire to see Rangers stabilised, returned to the top flight and their winning ways we are surprised that there is light touch handling of Rangers financial implosion when its clear that applying punishments and points sanctions would hinder the stated desire of wanting Rangers back in the top league asap.

We already know from 2012 that Ogilve, Regan and Doncaster are totally corrupt and will go to extraordinary lengths to see that rules and precedents are bent, ignored or rewritten if it means they can treat Rangers differently to how other clubs like Livingston, Gretna and Airdrie were treated.

These charlatans should have been forced out in 2012 but they all still remain in position with substantial pay rises. Nothing should surprise us if they continue to assist the Ibrox club by their acts or omissions.

I'm sure Bain and McClelland were on, if not chairs of the SFA/SPL registration committees, add in Andrew Dickson, ex -Rangers Operations Director who held various committe positions within the governing bodies plus Indirectly Gordon Smoth, ex CEO of the SFA, Rangers didn't half have some clout within the corridors of power.  Oh and don't be surprised if a certain Alexander Bryson has Rangers leanings too.

The irony now being that if you speak to a Rangers fan, they lay a lot of their ills on Peter Lawwell who they beileve is deliberately running the SFA for Celtic's benefit, with Eric Reilly on the SPFL board too. Ok, maybe old Minty wasn't directly on any football authority committees, but he sure as hell had all his lieutenants in there.  I don't know if there continues to be any Rangers folk on theses committees, but personally I wouldn't let anyone from Rangers near them for 10 years and certainly any registration ones for 50, if ever.

Hey we may we have Ann Budge, Scott Gardiner and Craig Levein on numerous football committees, but there is no way Scottish football is a big enough business for more that 1 representative per club across the 2 authorities combined.

It's a filthy old business Scottish football.

The downside of admin this season is that it would almost definitely leave Rangers in the championship with the associated low earning potential for next year. It would be better for them to qualify for the SPL and start on negative points but with the higher earnings potential and, at least, some chance of closing the gap at the foot of the table. (Would they start on minus a third of their 2014-15 points tally or a straight minus 25?)

They've done away with this rule, it's either a 15 or 25 point deduction, in Rangers' case it's 25pts.  

Doncaster made sure of that when he said they are the same club.

?210k coming from Dundee Utd today and ?500k from Easdale yesterday yet money is still required to see out January?. Dearie me, [emoji1]

More cash from a couple of televised matches too.

Still, those loans need paid back, isn't Ashley's 3mil due in April? 

Footballfirst

There is now the possibility that Sarver will mount a "hostile" bid, i.e. against the wishes of the Board, by buying up existing shares, but he will be limited to 30% of the club.

See yesterday's piece on takeovers from Douglas Fraser http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30682240

-------------------------------------

I still think that there is a possibility that Sarver could be acting as a front for Ashley.  His "interest" has managed to push up the share price that may make King and the Three Bears reluctant to buy up more shares.  We could see Sarver sweep up shares at this inflated price from any institutions wishing to get out then "agree" a deal with the Board to purchase the Easdale proxies and Mash shareholdings.  The Ashley placemen would remain in situ and retain the Retail and other contracts that benefit Sports Direct. Ashley would be nominally out of the picture with no SFA interference.

Edited by Footballfirst

Nicked from TSFM, which was in turn from KDS.

'It?s probably just a coincidence but Mike Ashley?s main US business Antigua Enterprises Inc is based in Peoria, a suburb of? Phoenix. Oh and it holds a contract with the NBA'

Ashley and Sarver?

Friends or foes?

There is now the possibility that Sarver will mount a "hostile" bid, i.e. against the wishes of the Board, by buying up existing shares, but he will be limited to 30% of the club.

See yesterday's piece on takeovers from Douglas Fraser http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30682240

-------------------------------------

I still think that there is a possibility that Sarver could be acting as a front for Ashley.  His "interest" has managed to push up the share price that may make King and the Three Bears reluctant to buy up more shares.  We could see Sarver sweep up shares at this inflated price from any institutions wishing to get out then "agree" a deal with the Board to purchase the Easdale proxies and Mash shareholdings.  The Ashley placemen would remain in situ and retain the Retail and other contracts that benefit Sports Direct. Ashley would be nominally out of the picture with no SFA interference.

I see the possibilities FF but what does Sarver get out of it? 

Footballfirst

I see the possibilities FF but what does Sarver get out of it? 

A brown envelope from Mike Ashley.

Hagar the Horrible

Just to put things in perspective:

They had a share issue which raised ?3.1m to stabilise the club and help in achieving its full potential....spent on keeping lights on to January!

They had a ?3m loan from MASH to stabilise the club and help in achieving its full potential spent to keep the lights on till January!

They sold McLeod..which they said will keep the lights on for 3 weeks

They got a ?500k loan from Sandy to cover the time it takes to clear a bank cheque....spent on unpaid tax bill (paye/nic) and to cover this week.

Their own figures from a sold out Ibrox they were still short of ?8m as per their accounts. They now are losing more than that due to a 33% drop in season tickets and walk ups. They are short of by their own figures ?11m to get to the end of the season. Even at best they struggle on till the season ticket money comes in, even a total sell out they are still short of somewhere in the region of ?10m over and above all their income to compete next year. If they need to sell next years season tickets to cover this year. You don't need to be a genus to work out "no money = no club"!

I see the bid from the Yank guy as  dismissed. 

noiw, just a few ideas, though I am not an expert on the stock market!  

If current shares are worth 18p each I am suprised  that any raising of new shares would be as high as par value! 

Surely new shares are always dilutive of current shares  - it is like Printing paper, QE. 

The present value of 18p assumes that IN FUTURE 'Rangers' will be a viable successful top flight club within a reasonable timeframe say 18 months.

If they are stuck in this league however and still dont get over  20,000 attending matches next term, the future earnings power of Newco is much less

than the stock market  expects. 

Surely the share value of Rangers should fall, eg  to 12p  a share.  or 8p..    Why even that? 

PS  I wonder if the likes of Doncaster , personally happen to own a few shares in 'Rangers'.   After all you dont need to be a fan to buy them. 

Edited by Alva-Jambo

If current shares are worth 18p each I am suprised  that any raising of new shares would be as high as par value! 

Surely new shares are always dilutive of current shares  - it is like Printing paper, QE. 

The present value of 18p assumes that IN FUTURE 'Rangers' will be a viable successful top flight club within a reasonable timeframe say 18 months.

If they are stuck in this league however and still dont get over  20,000 attending matches next term, the future earnings power of Newco is much less

Surely the share value of Rangers should fall, eg  to 12p  a share.  or 8p..    Why even that? 

PS  I wonder if the likes of Doncaster , personally happen to own a few shares in 'Rangers'.   After all you dont need to be a fan to buy them. 

Shares are currently sitting at 26p, they started out at 18p yesterday but once word of the yanks bid got out they rocketed up to their current level 26p.

There was quite a few buys and sells yesterday so somebody made quite a few ?'s out of this "Possible Offer"

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Walter Bishop

?210k coming from Dundee Utd today and ?500k from Easdale yesterday yet money is still required to see out January?. Dearie me, [emoji1]

Bearing in mind, Black, Law, Templeton, McCulloch, Daly, Shiels, Bell, Miller, Boyd, etc etc will all be on ?20k + per month aswell. 

Is Channel 13 the Fantasy Channel?

Channel 13 Is a lot of twaddle it was telling people that you can write to Facebook and tell them you don't want people using your photos which is all shit :)

27a746946ed74249c48a8500daa594c4.jpg [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was meant as a joke gents.

Fxxx the SPFL

Bearing in mind, Black, Law, Templeton, McCulloch, Daly, Shiels, Bell, Miller, Boyd, etc etc will all be on ?20k + per month aswell. 

Templeton and Black are on ?7k p/w fact = ?30k per month.

I P Knightley

If current shares are worth 18p each I am suprised  that any raising of new shares would be as high as par value

I thought that par value was a penny. 

It's largely irrelevant but I doubt even they could get away with a share issue below par value.

Dilution of share value comes with shares issued at a discount to current market value (usually a rights issue). If the board and majority of shareholders believed that the addition of ?18m capital would increase the earnings potential of Rangers by at least a value of ?18m, there would be no dilution.

As of today, the company has a market cap of ?21m. Adding ?18m would take that up to ?39m. There would be something like 181m shares in issue if Sarver were to take 100m so the price would be 39/181 = 21 - 22p per share. 

That's all very fundamental stuff and takes no account of Spiv factors. In normal circs, you'd expect the new investment to both reduce risk and raise future earning potential which would turn that ?39m into something a bit larger but whatever happens at Rangers is not going to follow any predictable patterns.

yep obscene isn't it.Knocking back the 18 mill bid is nothing to do with whats best for Sevco,its about people staying in power and keeping their jobs...no sir you cant buy Sevco but we will take your bucks if you want to invest or loan us some

tartofmidlothian

Ashley getting it tight from the Northumbria Police Commissioner and the Newcastle Utd Supporters trust.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6qZISeCMAE_i9U.jpg:large

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-supporters-trust-write-8390077

Ouch, that one from the Police is powerful. I guess we'll find out how much MA values his investments over good PR after that.

Ouch, that one from the Police is powerful. I guess we'll find out how much MA values his investments over good PR after that.

The piece in the Chronicallive will certainly make Ashley fully declare his intentions. The letter to Sajid Javid MP will certainly stir things up and I'm not sure that Ashely will choose to ignore him as he seems to be doing to the spinless muppets in Hampden.

Ashley seriously doesn't seem to be a very nice person at all.

Unknown user

The yank wanted 100% control but the 3brs & the tax cheat got in before him to buy shares putting a fly in the ointment.

All Ashley's interested in is sewing up the retail rights & owning the copyright to the trade mark. He'll stop at nothing to get what he wants. Ruthless doesn't come close to describing M. Ashely. Plenty fun to come in this. [emoji1]

I really don't like how this has become established fact.

It does seem likely, no one can argue with that, but I can't accept that anyone on a fans' forum knows exactly how a billionaire's mind works or what all of his motives are.

A million to us isn't the same as a million to him and for all we know he has huge, long term plans for Rangers based on a whim and this short term stuff means nothing. Maybe he loves Glasgow, maybe he hates Glasgow, maybe he's a mega proddy, maybe his kids fancy it etc etc

I'm not saying any of this is the case of course, but I do want to make the point that anyone who says they know for a fact what his intentions are is simply wrong.

It might be likely, you might end up being right in the end but very very few people will actually know and they don't post on here

why do you inform Stock Market you are rejecting a 'possible' bid?

Because it has an effect on the share price.

According to the media, the bid was sent to the board a week to 10 days ago. 100 million shares for 18p per share. However, as the new shares would require a 75% vote from shareholders in favour of it, the board have presumably gotten indications that that wouldn't happen and therefore have rejected the bid.

What are Ibrox and Murray Park Valued at?

I can't recall the exact figure but I'm sure Ibrox was valued at ?40 million as soon as Sevco was able to produce some sort of accounts.

I'm sure there must be someone who can confirm.

For the poster who replied ?110 million for all assets "a la Murray".

I can recall Ibrox being historically valued at ?75 million. The reason I remember this is,  that without that valuation Rangers RIP would have been bankrupt as their debts were so high. Possibly around the time Rangers ran up debts of ?86 million in 2 or 3 seasons.

The whole sevco omnishambles has more twists and turns than a maze.

We, as outsiders don't have all the facts, our supposedly impartial mainstream media have done nothing to investigate the clusterfeck in the last 5 years.

Just when you think the end is nigh, something/someone pops up to change everything.

I still believe they are heading for admin/liquidation, they simply do not have the income to prop up this edifice any longer, loans only work if you can pay them back, they can't.

I expect the picture to become a bit clearer when the forthcoming court cases start and people are giving evidence under oath and can be cross examined, be interesting to see if anyone is singing to the authorities to avoid a visit to barlinnie/saughton.

And as always, our glorious guardians of the game in scotland, SFA/SPFL, sit on their hands and do nothing except pander to the orcs.

MA will loan Rangers 30 million at the end of this season if rangers are promoted in exchange for free advertising rights at ibrox and Murray park. If they fail to gain promotion he will sell his shares and cut ties. That is the only reason I can see him hanging around, as it stands now MA has a great opportunity to advertise sports direct in the two big leagues in Britain, both free of charge. He knows that if they stumble over the line and make it to the promised land the fans will come pouring back as they will have their old firm games back. He isn't going to let anyone come in and take that away from him if he has an opportunity to make millions. If rangers do fail to gain promotion I don't see any long term benefit for MA and rangers. All my own opinion, I have no insider track.

That letter from the Northumberland Police Crime Commissioner -   reads to me as a spoof.   

MA will loan Rangers 30 million at the end of this season if rangers are promoted in exchange for free advertising rights at ibrox and Murray park. If they fail to gain promotion he will sell his shares and cut ties. That is the only reason I can see him hanging around, as it stands now MA has a great opportunity to advertise sports direct in the two big leagues in Britain, both free of charge. He knows that if they stumble over the line and make it to the promised land the fans will come pouring back as they will have their old firm games back. He isn't going to let anyone come in and take that away from him if he has an opportunity to make millions. If rangers do fail to gain promotion I don't see any long term benefit for MA and rangers. All my own opinion, I have no insider track.

He's going to have to roll over 2 loans totalling ?3m and lend another c.?5m+ to see this season out.

And what will this loan be secured against? Ibrox?

Which is why I cannot understand why MA does not invest in Sevco to gain promotion.  The risk, as it stands at the moment, is that they are very unlikely to win automatic promotion and will likely not make it through the Play-offs - assuming they make it through to May.  I certainly would not bet on Sevco playing in the Premiership next season.

We_are_the_Hearts

Which is why I cannot understand why MA does not invest in Sevco to gain promotion.  The risk, as it stands at the moment, is that they are very unlikely to win automatic promotion and will likely not make it through the Play-offs - assuming they make it through to May.  I certainly would not bet on Sevco playing in the Premiership next season.

MA will be content to play the long game, this year, next year, he will just wait until The Rangers get back, if they don't then he has lost peanuts.

I really don't like how this has become established fact.

It does seem likely, no one can argue with that, but I can't accept that anyone on a fans' forum knows exactly how a billionaire's mind works or what all of his motives are.

A million to us isn't the same as a million to him and for all we know he has huge, long term plans for Rangers based on a whim and this short term stuff means nothing. Maybe he loves Glasgow, maybe he hates Glasgow, maybe he's a mega proddy, maybe his kids fancy it etc etc

I'm not saying any of this is the case of course, but I do want to make the point that anyone who says they know for a fact what his intentions are is simply wrong.

It might be likely, you might end up being right in the end but very very few people will actually know and they don't post on here

It is rather simple to work out MA's business plan.  All you need to look at is the past history of how SD has been run and how other floundering businesses have been ruthlessly vacuumed up by the man under his SD flagship.

The number of times he's actually visited Ibrox to watch Sevco demonstrates his interest in the club.  The man is a glorified east end barrow-boy made good.  A wolf in wolf's clothing.

Hagar the Horrible

Something must be happening with River & Mercantile, they have disclosed a 8.3 takeover form declaring their holdings 5.77% in the club, somebody must be after the shares? If this is MASH then it is going to be messy and a wee internal war 4,704,827 shares

MA will be content to play the long game, this year, next year, he will just wait until The Rangers get back, if they don't then he has lost peanuts.

I agree, it is like making an anti-post bet on a 2 yr old for the derby.  The difference being that MA has all his angles covered with a "no win" money back bet..  

Hagar the Horrible

legally there is nothing wrong with MASH buying R&M's share holding, but it will be a slap in the face to the SFA/SPFL. PLus with BLeach made finance director on MA's behalf, despite the SFA saying no more influence. Still it might be another of the 3 berz or king or perhaps even the yank? If it is MASH, then the SFA need to severely sanction the club to both protect the club, and the league members,

Geoff Kilpatrick

legally there is nothing wrong with MASH buying R&M's share holding, but it will be a slap in the face to the SFA/SPFL. PLus with BLeach made finance director on MA's behalf, despite the SFA saying no more influence. Still it might be another of the 3 berz or king or perhaps even the yank? If it is MASH, then the SFA need to severely sanction the club to both protect the club, and the league members,

Rangers cannot control who buys and sells their shares. Why should they face sanctions for a legal trade?

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers cannot control who buys and sells their shares. Why should they face sanctions for a legal trade?

because MASH were only granted permission to hold <9% and have no influence

however R&M have sold shares and now own 5.77% from 7.06%

And as always, our glorious guardians of the game in scotland, SFA/SPFL, sit on their hands and do nothing except pander to the orcs.

I am surprised that the SFA didn't just loan them the money. 

Footballfirst

Something must be happening with River & Mercantile, they have disclosed a 8.3 takeover form declaring their holdings 5.77% in the club, somebody must be after the shares? If this is MASH then it is going to be messy and a wee internal war 4,704,827 shares

The 1,050,000 shares sold by R&M, if bought by Mash would take them over the 10% figure, i.e. in breach of the SFA agreement (again).  It would all be immaterial of course if he sold out to Sarver before the disciplinary hearing.

That letter from the Northumberland Police Crime Commissioner -   reads to me as a spoof.   

It's real, she was on the local news yesterday. Must say most NUFC fans are thinking WTF has it got to do with her/us !!!!!

Incorrect.  The SFA have no control over the amount of shares owned in a company or who buys them.  If MA decides to ignore his agreement with the SFA then all the SFA/SPFL can do is fine the club bawbees.  I doubt they have the power to do much else.

Geoff Kilpatrick

By the SFA. But the point stands. If Mike Ashley sticks two fingers up at the SFA that isn't in Rangers control. Giving Mike Ashley boardroom influence, on the other hand, is in their control.

It is rather simple to work out MA's business plan.  All you need to look at is the past history of how SD has been run and how other floundering businesses have been ruthlessly vacuumed up by the man under his SD flagship.

The number of times he's actually visited Ibrox to watch Sevco demonstrates his interest in the club.  The man is a glorified east end barrow-boy made good.  A wolf in wolf's clothing.

True but football is a different kettle of fish.

What matters is how he has run Newcastle...and I will leave it to others to judge how that is going.

Unknown user

Where have I said I "know this for a fact"?. I'm simply putting over my take on it. I have a consistent view on Ashley's plan & he's not disappointed me on it so far.

I'm talking about you yes but also in general, I don't see how you can really debate it to be honest.

Again, it seems very likely but then to Hibs fans it seemed likely we would be liquidated.

Reading it back my post sounds more negative than intended so apologies for that, but I still can't accept that anyone but Ashley can be 100% sure of his motives.

I think you're probably right FWIW but that's as far as I'm prepared to go

AllyjamboDerbyshire

You make a very good point, and it would be very difficult to justify any sanctions if someone merely bought, say, 10%+ of shares in more than one club. The difference comes when the purchaser then begins to exert control over the clubs or their boardrooms, and Ashley certainly has a huge influence on the boardrooms at both Newcastle and TRFC. Not only do I think sanctions should be applied, but they should be substantial enough to put anyone off flaunting them, and they should continue throughout the time when the dual ownership exists, either on a game by game basis, or per season if it's, say, a 5 point penalty.

True but football is a different kettle of fish.

What matters is how he has run Newcastle...and I will leave it to others to judge how that is going.

The maggies may not like him but he has steered Newcastle well away from the drop zone due to shrewd bringing in of exports mainly from France. he is no oligarch or oil rich Arab buying clubs as play things. He uses Newcastle to make him money.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic